Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2020 9:20 AM
Nov 2020
No hate plz, i watched the first four episode and it was boring. Nothing entertaining no struggle no plot. The joke are not funny and the main character over react. Why some people like this show?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2020 10:58 AM

Dec 2007
It's a slice of life anime, if you are looking for an anime with a plot, just watch Death Note or something similar!
HaroutNov 27, 2020 11:58 AM
Nov 25, 2020 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
Well, you rather like it or not. Like everything in life.
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Nov 25, 2020 7:22 PM

Nov 2019
not sure what kind of plot ur expecting from a fluffy slice of life romcom, but it does exactly that
Nov 25, 2020 7:27 PM
May 2019
I feel like the lack of struggle in this show is intentional. I personally enjoy it as a means to relax and unwind.
Nov 26, 2020 7:19 AM

Aug 2018
I agree. The plot is nothing other than "oh look we went to the supermarket today" or "oh look we went to the jewelery store today".

Usually a slice of life is supplemented with comedy or drama, or goal that the characters focus on. There are also no emotional moments.
Nov 26, 2020 9:39 AM
Nov 2020
Opticflash said:
I agree. The plot is nothing other than "oh look we went to the supermarket today" or "oh look we went to the jewelery store today".

Usually a slice of life is supplemented with comedy or drama, or goal that the characters focus on. There are also no emotional moments.

Exactly this show is the definition of bad storyline
Nov 26, 2020 10:34 AM

Aug 2018
veryfriendlyman said:
Opticflash said:

Exactly this show is the definition of bad storyline

It is a series about a married couple living a normal live, what do you expect lol
Nov 26, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2020
It's a wholesome rom-com anime why did you expect there was going to be struggle lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 26, 2020 9:20 PM

May 2020
some people just like watching a married couple do cute things. I'd say if you like the story but think its to slow, read the manga.

kljakjkjasndnkjnsadk

Nov 26, 2020 9:31 PM
Jul 2020
Its sol romcom anime lmao

Do u expect the characters to pull of some crazy shit powers? Bruh
Nov 27, 2020 12:33 AM
Jan 2019
Boring pfft this is one of those wholesome anime that we need right now during tough times. I mean what did you expect? It's series about a married couple =<
Nov 27, 2020 9:52 AM
Sep 2018
Well, the plot kicks in 100 chapters into the manga, it's slow but fun to me
Nov 27, 2020 10:38 AM
Jul 2020
I feel like the dude's just trying to bait y'all. veryfriendlyman's account was made just two days ago and have basically no activity
Nov 27, 2020 11:38 AM
Jan 2018
stm8s said:
I feel like the dude's just trying to bait y'all. veryfriendlyman's account was made just two days ago and have basically no activity

Its safe to assume anyone is trying to troll if their statement goes like "x anime is garbage" on a forum/video directly related to x anime
Nov 27, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2020
Harout said:
It's an slice of life anime, if you are looking for an anime with a plot, just watch Death Note or something similar!

Tonikaku isn’t tagged as a SOL but it is kinda
Nov 27, 2020 11:57 AM
Nov 2020
stm8s said:

I assure you i don't. I just wanted to understand why people liked this show... Why when someone criticize a show it's a troll or a baiter... It's okay to have different opinion....
Nov 27, 2020 11:59 AM
Jul 2020
veryfriendlyman said:
stm8s said:

I assure you i don't. I just wanted to understand why people liked this show... Why when someone criticize a show it's a troll or a baiter... It's okay to have different opinion....

Ah, my bad. Hope the replies in this thread help.
Nov 27, 2020 1:09 PM
May 2017
Sometimes people just want to watch some relaxing wholesome romance shows without any bullcrap from the dramas or anything that could cause emotional breakdown because their life is already stressful enough
Nov 27, 2020 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
Whatever. 10/10 for me. Definitely my anime of the year.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2020 3:11 PM

Mar 2018
TakiUzumaki said:
I have watched first two and..i mean.. whatever they are showing is common imagination..i can imagine a lot more than this being a hopeless romantic.

Judging by your profile, you seem to enjoy the typical shounen genre that's packed with actions and hyperactive protag instead of romcoms SOL like this. Well, we all have our own preferences.

I too used to absolutely love shounen shows like DBZ, Fairy Tail, Death Note, etc. and despite anything tagged with SOL too when I started watching anime 4 years ago, until I got bored of that genre and actively looked for something different.

I suggest not to dismiss shows like these yet, but put them into your PTW list. They got good score not without reason. You never know when or if your taste would ever change.
\

Nov 27, 2020 3:48 PM
Apr 2019
You people came in here with the wrong expectations. It’s a show about a married couple going through their daily lives cutely. This is not a show about overcoming monsters with super powers, and it’s not about the chase that comes in your usual rom com. It’s about cuteness and fluff and a married couple’s developing relationship. There is no story. Don’t expect a story. This is a simple sit down and relax show. I haven’t read the manga so I don’t know if it develops a story later on, but that’s what this show is at the moment. If that’s not your thing just drop it
Not to be rude, but it just does exactly what it says on the tin and in my opinion, it does it pretty well. I think it’s a good show. Maybe just not your cup of tea.
Blue_86Nov 27, 2020 3:54 PM
Nov 27, 2020 3:54 PM
Jun 2013
Oh yeah, lets watch a cute slice of life anime about the everyday life of a married couple, because i'm sure it will be filled with drama, battles and deep plot!

You're for sure trolling, you can't be that dumb.
Nov 27, 2020 3:57 PM

Sep 2018
I think they should remove the shounen tag on it as it is nothing like a shounen anime imo.
Nov 27, 2020 4:01 PM

Sep 2020
You guys expect too much from things that are meant to be simple and cute.
Nov 27, 2020 4:16 PM
Sep 2015
Ducstatiba2 said:
Well, the plot kicks in 100 chapters into the manga, it's slow but fun to me

What I was gonna say. Without going into possible spoilers the “plot” is slow but it does exist which is nice. Little crumbs are dropped over the course of the manga that start to connect together. It also nice because after so many chapters of just watching them “do nothing” I feel like I know them a lot better than most other characters. Anyway it’s just a cute show with fluff don’t expect to much
Nov 27, 2020 9:12 PM

Feb 2018
rohan121 said:
I think they should remove the shounen tag on it as it is nothing like a shounen anime imo.

LOL. Shonen =/= battle action
Shonen is demographic, not genre.

Tonikaku Kawaii manga is running on Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine.

I assume you'll be suprise that
Domestic na Kanojo
Rent-a-Girlfriend
We Never Learn
Nisekoi
To Love-Ru
are all shonen manga/anime
Nov 27, 2020 11:19 PM
Nov 2016
rohan121 said:
Shounen means young teen.Tonikaku Kawaii is focused on majority of young teen & that's because most young teen like action focused, romance Focused . Tonikaku Kawaii is romance Focused. Bleach is action focused. Same with My hero academia
Nov 27, 2020 11:33 PM
Nov 2016
This anime is not suit your taste , my friend. Go & watch something else.
Nov 27, 2020 11:35 PM

Aug 2018
Blue_86 said:
You people came in here with the wrong expectations. It’s a show about a married couple going through their daily lives cutely. This is not a show about overcoming monsters with super powers, and it’s not about the chase that comes in your usual rom com. It’s about cuteness and fluff and a married couple’s developing relationship. There is no story. Don’t expect a story. This is a simple sit down and relax show. I haven’t read the manga so I don’t know if it develops a story later on, but that’s what this show is at the moment. If that’s not your thing just drop it
Not to be rude, but it just does exactly what it says on the tin and in my opinion, it does it pretty well. I think it’s a good show. Maybe just not your cup of tea.

Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Oh yeah, lets watch a cute slice of life anime about the everyday life of a married couple, because i'm sure it will be filled with drama, battles and deep plot!

Lol the OP didn't even mention anything about expecting some deep battle plot. The show offers little to no emotional value; it doesn't have any deep characters, the show doesn't invoke any "butterflies in your stomach" sensations that typical romance shows offer, it doesn't offer any comedy (the only "comedy" is when the couple act like they've never been to a sex ed class) nor sadness, tension, anger, surprise, delight, etc. that slice of life shows typically provide to an extent. There are no striking OSTs nor heavy scenes to really emphasize a point.

You're just watching a show where a couple goes on, for example, a shopping spree with no real purpose. The show doesn't provide any guidance on how the audience should feel. Am I supposed to feel sad? Shocked? Delighted? Upset? Amused? How should I feel about the characters? What is it about them that makes the audience want to emotionally invest in their story? The show doesn't provide an answer to this. This slice of life doesn't actually address anything unlike other slice of life shows that put emphasis on at least one aspect.
Nov 28, 2020 12:44 AM
Feb 2018
Opticflash said:
Blue_86 said:

Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

Lol the OP didn't even mention anything about expecting some deep battle plot. The show offers little to no emotional value; it doesn't have any deep characters, the show doesn't invoke any "butterflies in your stomach" sensations that typical romance shows offer, it doesn't offer any comedy (the only "comedy" is when the couple act like they've never been to a sex ed class) nor sadness, tension, anger, surprise, delight, etc. that slice of life shows typically provide to an extent. There are no striking OSTs nor heavy scenes to really emphasize a point.

You're just watching a show where a couple goes on, for example, a shopping spree with no real purpose. The show doesn't provide any guidance on how the audience should feel. Am I supposed to feel sad? Shocked? Delighted? Upset? Amused? How should I feel about the characters? What is it about them that makes the audience want to emotionally invest in their story? The show doesn't provide an answer to this. This slice of life doesn't actually address anything unlike other slice of life shows that put emphasis on at least one aspect.

so, it's kind of a special anime, different form others, right?
Nov 28, 2020 7:28 AM
Apr 2019
firstawahono said:
Opticflash said:

so, it's kind of a special anime, different form others, right?

I wouldn’t say that. It’s just a fluffy and cute slice of life meant to make you feel happy.
Nov 28, 2020 8:11 AM
Aug 2020
hainq said:
TakiUzumaki said:
I have watched first two and..i mean.. whatever they are showing is common imagination..i can imagine a lot more than this being a hopeless romantic.

Judging by your profile, you seem to enjoy the typical shounen genre that's packed with actions and hyperactive protag instead of romcoms SOL like this. Well, we all have our own preferences.

I too used to absolutely love shounen shows like DBZ, Fairy Tail, Death Note, etc. and despite anything tagged with SOL too when I started watching anime 4 years ago, until I got bored of that genre and actively looked for something different.

I suggest not to dismiss shows like these yet, but put them into your PTW list. They got good score not without reason. You never know when or if your taste would ever change.

I think your answer is right. Actually I expected something else by seeing it's cover. And my friend told me to watch the anime without reading the synopsis. So I was not satisfied while watching it then. Otherwise I'm a type of guy who will be happy even after watching something for kids. Idk what made me write that comment at that point of time.
Nov 28, 2020 9:30 AM
Oct 2019
That means you didn't like this genre romance comedy anime... The story is about young marriage couple doing daily life stuff....

I think you should check the genre before you watching it
Nov 28, 2020 9:33 AM
Oct 2019
rohan121 said:

I'm sorry did you think shounen anime is all about battle and fighting??? LMAO
Nov 28, 2020 9:36 AM
Oct 2019
veryfriendlyman said:
No hate plz, i watched the first four episode and it was boring. Nothing entertaining no struggle no plot. The joke are not funny and the main character over react. Why some people like this show?

No struggle??? The MC struggling being a husband....
The plot? Story about young marriage couple doing daily life...
Nothing entertaining? I wonder what comedy anime is funny to you...
Nov 28, 2020 11:00 AM
Aug 2020
The fact this might have a 8.00 rating really saddens me, I had to drop it because it really isn't all that, but I might pick it back up.
Nov 28, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2017
veryfriendlyman said:
I agree. It's cringeworthy. I'm watching in faster and faster speeds. Just finished ep 9.
Nov 28, 2020 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
I like it because it's cute and wholesome.

If you're bored, you're probably too young to appreciate Slice of Life anime. We do not need crazy drama in every single show.

When you get older, shounen action and romance drama tends to either wear you out...or you're rolling your eyes "because you've seen it all before and are tired of it."

Nov 28, 2020 11:15 AM

Sep 2018
davidyodo24 said:
rohan121 said:

Definition of shounen anime
A genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots. So I at least expected action.
Nov 28, 2020 3:31 PM
Oct 2019
rohan121 said:
davidyodo24 said:

A genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots. So I at least expected action.

No no, you get it wrong already... hopefully you learn something now
Nov 28, 2020 6:08 PM

Feb 2018
rohan121 said:
davidyodo24 said:

Shonen =/= action. LOL
Nov 28, 2020 6:13 PM

Jul 2020
I don't really get the cute and wholesomeness part. It's pretty uncomfortable to watch and the character designs are far from cute.
Nov 28, 2020 6:15 PM

Sep 2018
gadboyz said:
rohan121 said:

Shonen =/= action. LOL

Do me a favor and name some shounen without action or a action driven narrative.
Nov 28, 2020 6:18 PM

Jul 2020
rohan121 said:
gadboyz said:

Shonen =/= action. LOL

Do me a favor and name some shounen without action or a action driven narrative.

Haikyuu, Nichijou, Saiki K, Tonikaku?!?!?!?

Just one search of the shounen genre in anime search will show that.
Nov 28, 2020 6:22 PM

Sep 2018
Bloomberry said:
rohan121 said:

Saiki K has action and superpowers.
Nichijou has hyperbolized action throughout and violence even if for humor.
Haikyuu has action as a sport and competition.
Tonikaku is what I claim does not fit shounen title
I want to hear some shounen that do not have action or a action driven narrative.
Nov 28, 2020 6:31 PM

Sep 2020
the characters are quite boring, the plot is unrealistic even though the show is funny but boring, thus I agree with you

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Nov 28, 2020 6:58 PM

Nov 2019
rohan121 said:
Bloomberry said:

I want to hear some shounen that do not have action or a action driven narrative.
bakuman, gotoubun, kimi no iru machi, love hina, rent a girlfriend, act age, barakaman, aria, senryu shoujo, some of them are unorthodox battle shonen but that's because it appeals to the demographic more. But that doesn't mean shonen manga can only be battle shonen.
sodobeanNov 28, 2020 7:03 PM
Nov 28, 2020 7:07 PM

Aug 2016
I barely got through two episodes, not just because it was boring, the characters and the way the series writes them (especially Tsukasa) going out of the way to say "OMG LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE THIS IS SO WHOLESOME 100 BIG CHUNGUS THE HECKIN TSUKASARINO BAMBOOZLED" every five minutes just annoyed the shit out of me. Don't get me wrong, I like cute shows, K-On and My Roommate is a Cat are some of my favorite slice of life anime and the main appeal of both series is cuteness and character dynamics, but Tonikawa just tries too hard and some of it isn't even cute, the MC comes off as downright creepy sometimes and Tsukasa feels like some incel's idea of a wife, rather than a character.

Yeah, I know, I shouldn't judge a series I dropped at episode 2 so harshly, not every anime is great or even good from the start, but this legitimately made me cringe from beginning to end.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 28, 2020 7:12 PM

Sep 2018
sodobean said:
rohan121 said:

bakuman, gotoubun, kimi no iru machi, love hina, rent a girlfriend, act age, barakaman, aria, senryu shoujo, some of them are unorthodox battle shonen but that's because it appeals to the demographic more. But that doesn't mean shonen manga can only be battle shonen.

I will admit Aria is a good example. I never knew that was even shounen. Lol. I usually consider shounen just anime that revolve around action based storyline though fighting is not required.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

225 by ShinigamiReichi »»
Yesterday, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.