Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 27, 2020 1:52 PM

Oct 2019
Mikasa looks more like a man than Eren, just why.
Nov 27, 2020 1:55 PM
Mar 2013
Artay said:

I know right? Ugh...
Nov 27, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2017
Saray said:
@Crimsunreaper I couldn't agree more. I was literally thinking the same thing! You're not the only one to have this opinion so thank you!

No problem, man. I was never a fan of rationalizing shortcomings or being apologetic to studios just because they are producing a series that I enjoy. Being frank and keeping it real is the best thing to do right now. I can already tell most casuals probably won't enjoy this as much as the last seasons. Too bad though because this season could've easily been the most cogent and powerfully gripping season due to its thought-provoking material and writing. Now I believe it's precarious to tell for sure.
Nov 27, 2020 1:57 PM

Sep 2020
Artay said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Mikasa was always supposed to look like that, WIT wasn't accurate to her true designs (of which Isayama told them not to but they still did) and Eren's designs have not been released yet so I am not sure what you are on about. Also, Mikasa's face is very womanly and beautiful, and if it is her body shape that disturbs you, I would imagine being a soldier all your life would do that. Keep in mind that the way she is standing in the sheet also gives her an exaggerated non-hourglass like look, the one that most people are used to.
Nov 27, 2020 1:58 PM
Oct 2020
Artay said:
Mikasa looks more like a man then Eren, just why.

Because she is more realistic with this design, before she was muscular but her old character design was inconsistent in showing reality, because her torso did not match her muscular physique.

It seemed that in the past I was seeing a person with almost no physical appearance even though the anime said that he was strong, now it is much more credible with the new design to say that this is consistent now.
Nov 27, 2020 2:00 PM

Sep 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
Saray said:
@Crimsunreaper I couldn't agree more. I was literally thinking the same thing! You're not the only one to have this opinion so thank you!

No problem, man. I was never a fan of rationalizing shortcomings or being apologetic to studios just because they are producing a series that I enjoy. Being frank and keeping it real is the best thing to do right now. I can already tell most casuals probably won't enjoy this as much as the last seasons. Too bad though because this season could've easily been the most cogent and powerfully gripping season due to its thought-provoking material and writing. Now I believe it's precarious to tell for sure.

Lol I wouldn't think that people would dislike the whole series just because Mikasa's character design doesn't look like her previous designs.
Nov 27, 2020 2:01 PM
Oct 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
Saray said:

This comment made my day, is so hilarious 😂😂
Nov 27, 2020 2:03 PM

Oct 2019
Zprotu said:
Artay said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Mikasa was always supposed to look like that, WIT wasn't accurate to her true designs (of which Isayama told them not to but they still did) and Eren's designs have not been released yet so I am not sure what you are on about. Also, Mikasa's face is very womanly and beautiful, and if it is her body shape that disturbs you, I would imagine being a soldier all your life would do that. Keep in mind that the way she is standing in the sheet also gives her an exaggerated non-hourglass like look, the one that most people are used to.
Have you not seen Eren's new look in the anime? Because it is out.
Nov 27, 2020 2:06 PM

Jul 2017
z7ProSpyce said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Sure I wouldn't have a problem if they replicated the manga designs if they were on par with wit's designs. But this to me, feels like a step-down from its excellent predecessors. If you like it, then by all means do so. Just here to share my thoughts and express my opinion. In any case, we'll find out very soon if this meets expectations or if its another blemish on Mappa's track record.

??? Do you know what you're talking about?

No!

Wit Studio has not made any improvements in character design!

The design of character's in the manga was horrible, there was no way to adapt, so together with Production I.G they created a original design, not a improvement design.

They make the design in your style, it's not mean that this was a improvement.

No! MAPPA is not just copying, they are remodeling and making changes too.

What MAPPA is doing is to follow the original material in a certain way and make changes, giving Isayama's art an opportunity that has improved A LOT!

Honestly, how much lack of common sense and knowledge, it's okay not to like the designs, I don't judge you for that.

But at least rate it correctly! Not just out of guesswork.

Wit studio reinvented the wheel and reimagined Isayama's old designs. You might not like it but the critical acclaim and the sales of the anime due to the phenomenal action scenes and artstyle is undeniable. Even if the designs are decent I don't think it will appeal to a lot of casuals simply because they aren't as flashy as before. It's not an original design if anything it's mostly improvisation and some inconsistency, this a far cry from even being called an improved design. lol
Nov 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Sep 2020
Artay said:
Zprotu said:

I'm assuming you're either referring to his look in the PV or the promotional merchandise that looked like WIT's Eren at the beach scene. The one in the PV looks like a real man, I mean I don't know how you would find him womanly and I prefer him the way he looks in the PV. As for the merchandise promotional design thing that looked like beach scene Eren, he was standing right beside MAPPA's Mikasa and you can easily tell that she is obviously more womanly than him (as it is supposed to be like loool)

Crimsunreaper said:
z7ProSpyce said:

No!

The design of character's in the manga was horrible, there was no way to adapt, so together with Production I.G they created a original design, not a improvement design.

What MAPPA is doing is to follow the original material in a certain way and make changes, giving Isayama's art an opportunity that has improved A LOT!

Honestly, how much lack of common sense and knowledge, it's okay not to like the designs, I don't judge you for that.

Wit studio reinvented the wheel and reimagined Isayama's old designs. You might not like it but the critical acclaim and the sales of the anime due to the phenomenal action scenes and artstyle is undeniable. Even if the designs are decent I don't think it will appeal to a lot of casuals simply because they aren't as flashy as before. It's not an original design if anything it's mostly improvisation and some inconsistency, this a far cry from even being called an improved design. lol

There is no need for the artstyle to be flashy for this season. Most would prefer it not to be actually, considering the themes and what is to come.
Nov 27, 2020 2:10 PM

Jul 2017
Zprotu said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Lol I wouldn't think that people would dislike the whole series just because Mikasa's character design doesn't look like her previous designs.

When did i say it was because of Mikasa? You can't argue without twisting narratives? It's more of a holistic issue rather than a specific problem I have with a character.
Nov 27, 2020 2:14 PM

Sep 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
Zprotu said:

When did i say it was because of Mikasa? You can't argue without twisting narratives? It's more of a holistic issue rather than a specific problem I have with a character.

Sorry my bad I was looking at something else and managed to confuse what you wrote and what was shown there. To truly reply to you, I would say that the character designs and artstyle is good enough for everyone to adapt to. Some actually prefer this over what WIT did, and some would rather have WIT's style, which is understandable. But yea they wouldn't be disappointed for long, if they do get disappointed anyway.
Nov 27, 2020 2:15 PM
Oct 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
z7ProSpyce said:

No!

No! It's a original remodel design. Sorry but this discussion this will not work with me, you are analyzing it wrong. And since when I denied out, I said I didn't like Wit's designs ???

lol....... I love Wit's design but is a fact that it's not a improvement design.

What further proves this is that on S1 and S2, they used THICC lines.

These lines are generally used when the artwork is not finished, or is not developed yet.

So much so that there were several changes in the art after S1, either in the lines or character design itself. Bye.
Nov 27, 2020 2:15 PM

Oct 2019
Zprotu said:
Artay said:

I'm assuming you're either referring to his look in the PV or the promotional merchandise that looked like WIT's Eren at the beach scene. The one in the PV looks like a real man, I mean I don't know how you would find him womanly and I prefer him the way he looks in the PV. As for the merchandise promotional design thing that looked like beach scene Eren, he was standing right beside MAPPA's Mikasa and you can easily tell that she is obviously more womanly than him (as it is supposed to be like loool)

Crimsunreaper said:

There is no need for the artstyle to be flashy for this season. Most would prefer it not to be actually, considering the themes and what is to come.
Wait, when did i call Eren womanly?
Nov 27, 2020 2:16 PM

Sep 2018
People are talking about how manga accurate they look while ignoring how big their bodies are. They look thick as fuck compared to manga where most of the people look borderline malnourished, which makes them look much more intense and threatening. If this is really accurate, everyone must have put on some weight after chapter 90 then.

Other than this, I like how their faces are drawn here, but in PV they looked terrible except for Connie. I'm curious about how will they actually look in anime with shades and colors added. My biggest fear is lesser characters/extras looking bland and distracting because they won't have Wit's flair anymore, they need to add details to make up for it
Nov 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Sep 2020
Artay said:
Zprotu said:

You said that Mikasa looks more like a man compared to Eren, which means that Eren must look more womanly than Mikasa, since in reality, Mikasa does not look more manly than Eren. I'm gonna assume that the image of Eren when you made that statement was the one from S1-S3, which is not the case for this season anymore, as he looks more manly than anyone tbh
Nov 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Jul 2017
Zprotu said:
Artay said:

Crimsunreaper said:

Flashy is in less-detailed not gaudy and there are many fight scenes that are going to need that polish in order to impact the viewers the same way as before. Round chins which are very glaring don't look as pleasing to the eye either.
Nov 27, 2020 2:20 PM

Sep 2020
SirTristram said:
People are talking about how manga accurate they look while ignoring how big their bodies are. They look thick as fuck compared to manga where most of the people look borderline malnourished, which makes them look much more intense and threatening. If this is really accurate, everyone must have put on some weight after chapter 90 then.

Other than this, I like how their faces are drawn here, but in PV they looked terrible except for Connie. I'm curious about how will they actually look in anime with shades and colors added. My biggest fears are lesser characters/extras looking bland and distracting because they won't have the Wit's flair anymore, they need to add details to make it up.

Mikasa's, Armin's and Levi's faces were apparently changed from the PV to better line up with these character designs so they look much better now in the same exact scenes.
Nov 27, 2020 2:21 PM

Oct 2019
Zprotu said:
Artay said:

You said that Mikasa looks more like a man compared to Eren, which means that Eren must look more womanly than Mikasa, since in reality, Mikasa does not look more manly than Eren. I'm gonna assume that the image of Eren when you made that statement was the one from S1-S3, which is not the case for this season anymore, as he looks more manly than anyone tbh
So you assumed i called him womanly, not that i actually did?
Nov 27, 2020 2:21 PM

Sep 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
Zprotu said:

I never said that. This dude imagines things. 😂😂

That wasn't even a reply to you, look closely.

Artay said:
Zprotu said:

So you assumed i called him womanly, not that i actually did?

Lmao what I mean is that when you called Mikasa more manly than Eren, it automatically meant that Eren is more womanly than Mikasa in your eyes. It's not that hard to know, this isn't assuming.
Nov 27, 2020 2:22 PM

Sep 2018
Zprotu said:
Mikasa's, Armin's and Levi's faces were apparently changed from the PV to better line up with these character designs so they look much better now in the same exact scenes.

I saw that and I'm probably one of the first people who noticed it. It wasn't a drastic change though, it was more of a correction. They still look way off compared to this sheets which is worrisome.
Nov 27, 2020 2:27 PM

Sep 2020
SirTristram said:
Zprotu said:

I saw that and I'm probably one of the first people who noticed it. It wasn't a drastic change though, it was more of a correction. They still look way off compared to this sheets which is worrisome.

Are these sheets the official character designs though? It was never confirmed, and I have a small gut feeling that these just might be sketches. I would be pleased to be corrected and proved wrong though.
Nov 27, 2020 2:36 PM
Nov 2020
All great designs, except Mikasa. I haven't read the manga at all but if the reason for her looking like the protagonist of a yaoi novel is to match her look in the manga then the changes WIT made to her were wonderful and most welcome.
Don't hit me with the "more manga accurate" I simply don't care.
Nov 27, 2020 2:38 PM

Sep 2020
John_Glames said:
All great designs, except Mikasa. I haven't read the manga at all but if the reason for her looking like the protagonist of a yaoi novel is to match her look in the manga then the changes WIT made to her were wonderful and most welcome.

tbf she looks great in the second KV. I think that the second KV is closer to what the anime will show
Nov 27, 2020 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Crimsunreaper said:
Zprotu said:

According to manga readers, these designs ARE closer to the manga, with Armin's being the closest one, but there are noticeable changes, and most actually prefer these designs. Not sure what you are on about. Also, MAPPA has different teams that work on different projects so whatever anime you have in mind that was produced by MAPPA it won't necessarily have the same staff working on it.

Being faithful to the manga designs doesn't necessarily mean better if the original is mediocre and commonplace. Translating designs 1 to 1 from the manga medium or even visual novels to anime doesn't automatically mean success. We've already seen this happen before only for its adaptation to fail miserably and be badly received by fans like Studio deen's Fate. Besides, Isayama's drawing has never been his strongest suit, but this weakness presents an opportunity for studios like Wit to go wild, be creative and to prove themselves. Attack on titan wouldn't have gained its massive following and enticed so many viewers if it kept the same uninspired less striking designs of the manga. Also, who delegated you to speak for AOT fans? Speak for yourself, because many have been vocal and angry about the design changes.
WIT had inconsistent designs and what do you consider wild exactly? Thick outlines? You dont speak for anyone else but yourself either, shush. If you think Isayama’s recent art is bad, get yourself checked.
Nov 27, 2020 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
John_Glames said:

It is the clothes that makes her not look attractive, its big on her. An attractive looking girl if wear baggy clothes wont look as attractive if they wear sexy clothes that compliments their body.
Nov 27, 2020 2:54 PM

Jul 2017
Sourire said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Being faithful to the manga designs doesn't necessarily mean better if the original is mediocre and commonplace. Translating designs 1 to 1 from the manga medium or even visual novels to anime doesn't automatically mean success. We've already seen this happen before only for its adaptation to fail miserably and be badly received by fans like Studio deen's Fate. Besides, Isayama's drawing has never been his strongest suit, but this weakness presents an opportunity for studios like Wit to go wild, be creative and to prove themselves. Attack on titan wouldn't have gained its massive following and enticed so many viewers if it kept the same uninspired less striking designs of the manga. Also, who delegated you to speak for AOT fans? Speak for yourself, because many have been vocal and angry about the design changes.
WIT had inconsistent designs and what do you consider wild exactly? Thick outlines? You dont speak for anyone else but yourself either, shush. If you think Isayama’s recent art is bad, get yourself checked.

Wit having inconsistent designs is a meme propagated by nitpickers and mappa whiteknights to paint mappa in better light. Yes I only speak for myself when did i ever imply otherwise? I never said Isayama's art is bad? the word uninspired was me referring to studios who replicate a manga's design without trying to improve it and expecting the same end-result when anime and manga industries have their own set of differing circumstances and expectations. Isayama has his shining moments like we've seen in the last previous chapters but also he isn't the most talented either when it comes to drawing, let's not kid ourselves.
CrimsunreaperNov 27, 2020 3:11 PM
Nov 27, 2020 3:06 PM
Nov 2020
keragamming said:
John_Glames said:

It is the clothes that makes her not look attractive, its big on her. An attractive looking girl if wear baggy clothes wont look as attractive if they wear sexy clothes that compliments their body.
I'm certain she wore the same outfit or a very similar one in season 3 and looked perfectly fine and feminine. I suppose only time will tell what the end results would be. She looks feminine and attractive on the 2nd KV they released so at least someone at MAPPA knows what they are doing. Hope dies last.
Nov 27, 2020 3:07 PM

Oct 2016
Zprotu said:
Are these sheets the official character designs though? It was never confirmed, and I have a small gut feeling that these just might be sketches. I would be pleased to be corrected and proved wrong though.
What would it be if it's not the "official" character designs?
Nov 27, 2020 3:30 PM

Oct 2020
I couldn't have asked for a better Mikasa. The tears of post-pubescent virgins crying for their lost waifu are my refreshment.
Nov 27, 2020 3:47 PM
Nov 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I couldn't have asked for a better Mikasa. The tears of post-pubescent virgins crying for their lost waifu are my refreshment.
Insulting everyone who disagrees is just muddying the issue. I'm one of the few final season optimists but it does not mean we have to praise and worship everything MAPPA puts out. Mikasa looked awful in the PV, they got their feedback and took a step forward improving her look in the KV that followed and now they've regressed back to PV design. It's all personal preference so its fine if you like this look of hers more, doesn't mean we all have to.
Nov 27, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2020
John_Glames said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Insulting everyone who disagrees is just muddying the issue. I'm one of the few final season optimists but it does not mean we have to praise and worship everything MAPPA puts out. Mikasa looked awful in the PV, they got their feedback and took a step forward improving her look in the KV that followed and now they've regressed back to PV design. It's all personal preference so its fine if you like this look of hers more, doesn't mean we all have to.
I liked Mikasa in everything they released. I don't think Mappa messed up anywhere when it comes to character designs except the Levi frame from the forest. Either way, what I said above is obviously said in a joking, playful manner, so don't get offended.
Nov 27, 2020 3:59 PM
Nov 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
John_Glames said:
I liked Mikasa in everything they released. I don't think Mappa messed up anywhere when it comes to character designs except the Levi frame from the forest. Either way, what I said above is obviously said in a joking, playful manner, so don't get offended.
Yes, Levi was the one i disliked most from the PV, thought he looked the worst of them all. Now however imo he looks the best. Better every time I see him. I'm afraid I disagree about Mikasa but no offense taken dw, just tryna avoid stooping to shit flinging levels of forum posting which I'm guilty of as well.
Nov 27, 2020 4:44 PM
Nov 2020
SirTristram said:

Other than this, I like how their faces are drawn here, but in PV they looked terrible except for Connie. I'm curious about how will they actually look in anime with shades and colors added. My biggest fear is lesser characters/extras looking bland and distracting because they won't have Wit's flair anymore, they need to add details to make up for it

if it looks boring then mappa can simply copy the "art style" of wit and make it look much better than wit what do you mean ?
Nov 27, 2020 4:48 PM
May 2019
chiearlymorning said:
I can already tell the designs are gonna look very inconsistent from episode to episode

here we go again...
Nov 27, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Hiro4ka11 said:
chiearlymorning said:
I can already tell the designs are gonna look very inconsistent from episode to episode

here we go again...

yeeeessssssssss
Nov 28, 2020 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
seems nice it's up to the animators now
Nov 28, 2020 3:31 AM
May 2017
John_Glames said:

I know personal taste is subjective, but I cannot comprehend how people are saying "I wish Mikasa was prettier" or "she looks too manly."
Like, it's crazy that a girl in anime with short hair who wears pants is just thrown under the bus by general anime audiences. She looks unmistakably feminine to me still.
Nov 28, 2020 5:18 AM
Aug 2020
I like it, but MAPPA use to soft lines and muted colors in his works the opposite of Wit Studio.
Nov 28, 2020 8:54 AM
Nov 2020
character visuals in color

Nov 28, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2020
with everyone knowing this show is a big deal, I am sure they have as much money needed for the best animation.
Nov 28, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2019
dsffgjkbk said:
with everyone knowing this show is a big deal, I am sure they have as much money needed for the best animation.

Budget most of the time does not equal better animation, schedule and time are way more important. More budget means you can hire more animators, however, if they don't have time enough, it will be a mess. That happened to DBS in ep 5.
Nov 28, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2020
Karnox001 said:
dsffgjkbk said:

Budget most of the time does not equal better animation, schedule and time are way more important. More budget means you can hire more animators, however, if they don't have time enough, it will be a mess. That happened to DBS in ep 5.

ya but the people they have now are really good, so give them more money and you get better looking animation.
Nov 28, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
From the designs I see here and the poster and the trailer, it basically confirms to me that for me, this is the worst looking season of Attack on Titan already. I don't like the designs used at all, only thing is that it's much better than the manga at least since I can't stand how Isayama draws them there and much preferred the anime way each season compared to his manga art. Hope the animation at least and the cinematography in general helps it out when the actual show starts to air.
Nov 28, 2020 12:11 PM

Nov 2019
I can only recognize Levi but the character designs looks decent don't know if I like them better than previous seasons, still only a few days now until the first episode of what will be an incredible ride.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Nov 28, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2020
revzy said:
I can only recognize Levi but the character designs looks decent don't know if I like them better than previous seasons, still only a few days now until the first episode of what will be an incredible ride.

It makes sense that Levi is the only one you recognize because there has clearly been a time skip of some sort, and Levi was already fully grown before it, unlike the 104th Cadet people, so you can see why they look so much more mature now.
Nov 28, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2020
huh, I'm not actually bothered by this. I think I'll enjoy season 4 more than I thought I would.

beep boop bop pow
Nov 28, 2020 1:35 PM
Sep 2020
TweedleDane said:
hinako49 said:
character visuals in color

so this is what the new uniform looks like eh?? looks very complicated to me..... i guess this is what the chinese animator was talking about .........

Jean looks really good.
Nov 28, 2020 1:41 PM
Aug 2020
Damn Mikasa's character design is fucking amazing. Really shows that no one at MAPPA has a hard on for her unlike the people at WIT who drew her with giant hourglass features, close ups of her butt, make up and made her way too thin despite her being so strong.
To all of you upset that you can't jack off to her anymore, theres plenty of anime out there literally dedicated to female fanservice, AOT is not one of them
Nov 28, 2020 1:47 PM

Jul 2019
JuicyDragonCat said:
Damn Mikasa's character design is fucking amazing. Really shows that no one at MAPPA has a hard on for her unlike the people at WIT who drew her with giant hourglass features, close ups of her butt, make up and made her way too thin despite her being so strong.
To all of you upset that you can't jack off to her anymore, theres plenty of anime out there literally dedicated to female fanservice, AOT is not one of them

Bruh, chill with the roasting lmao
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.