Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2020 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, even in 2020, Devimon is still a legit terrifying antagonist.

This version of Devimon seems more hotblooded in personality though. Episode is pretty intense. I also feel like this version of Metalgreymon is tougher than the one from the original version.
Nov 7, 2020 7:59 PM
Aug 2017
We finally had an episode with consistently good animation and direction throughout, nice.

Holy shit Devimon was a puppet, the grand bad behind everything is Moon=Milleniummon they're actually doing it OMG.
Next episode dark evolution? Considering Alteros Mode possibly MetalGreymon (Virus) X?
Nov 7, 2020 8:09 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit that Zudomon evolution was sick. Toei put together a consistently well animated episode with some awesome moments today. Last few weeks, the quality felt like it had declined, but this was great. Devimon even in this interaction is a scary villian.
Nov 7, 2020 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
That part where all of them evolved simultaneously was lit af.
Nov 7, 2020 8:55 PM

Jul 2017
So Devimon was just a messenger, and instead it HAD to be Moon=Millenniummon which takes overall precedence.

But Devimon, even by its own or the DigiEvolved state, is proving a lot difficult for Taichi and Yamato with MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon. Even with Algomon wreaking havoc in the Digital World, it's a state of high emergency for both sides.

NeoDevimon, that was unexpected, even for a Dark Evolution. "The power of friendship" again with ALL of the Super Evolutions together, NGL IT WAS FIRE.

The battle isn't quite over yet...out of the sheds of NeoDevimon into DoneDevimon, next episode's gonna up the terror.

Well, for once, the enjoyment of this series is back in form.

MegamiRem said:
That part where all of them evolved simultaneously was lit af.
The best part of the episode, for sure.
Nov 8, 2020 1:36 AM
Aug 2018
saifors said:
We finally had an episode with consistently good animation and direction throughout, nice.

Holy shit Devimon was a puppet, the grand bad behind everything is Moon=Milleniummon they're actually doing it OMG.
Next episode dark evolution? Considering Alteros Mode possibly MetalGreymon (Virus) X?

My guess the dark evolution will be mugendramon, and my reason is there's a glimpse of mugendramon in the digivolution sequence of metalgreymon
Nov 8, 2020 1:50 AM

Jan 2009
so there is no Omegamon this time huh lol
Nov 8, 2020 2:48 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
deg said:
so there is no Omegamon this time huh lol

Not gonna lie, I really thought it was going to appear at some point. Thankfully that didn't happen, there wasn't enough build up for it.

For once we got a somewhat good episode. Hopefully they manage to save some of the character development they've portrayed up to this point.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 8, 2020 3:01 AM
Sep 2015
Digimon reboot is making a bold statement here, even the most hardcore fan can't predict what's next. The fight is unlike anything I've ever seen before. I love the sexiness when the gentle touch of Neodevimon makes Weregarurumon went down on his knees.
Nov 8, 2020 4:22 AM

Mar 2015
When Takeru's dumbass decided to stand in front of Devimon and said "Don't bully my friends" I cringed so hard that my whole body started collapsing into itself. As the cringing continued, the centerpoint of my body started attaining stronger and stronger gravity to the point where my body couldn't escape it anymore thereby reducing my existence into a 1 dimensional being. I am now a single point in space-time.
Nov 8, 2020 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
Oops, he is coming back!
Nov 8, 2020 9:13 AM

Feb 2015
The episode was suprisingly decent.
Thank god we got to see an actual fight against Calmaramon (even tho it was still a pretty bad and underwhelming one). I also liked that the other 4 basically defeated Devimon through destroying the obelisk. The animation was consistent too.

I still have some complaints ofc :D

- Devimon didn't have any personality in this fight, which is weird cause he was way more expressive in all the previous appearances
- Calmaramon was a total pushover and didn't really do anything
- Mimi, Joe, Sora and Izzy didn't even care that their Digimon were in danger, when Calmaramon grabbed and steamed them
- the producers of this reboot must really hate the Piyomon & Tentomon line, cause they're the only ones with extremely lame evolution-sequences (it's basically Agumon + Gabumon > Gomamon > Palmon > Tentomon > Piyomon)
- Takeru is honestly kinda annyoing and doesn't act like a little kid at all... in the og he was scared and terrified cause Patamon couldn't do anything to help the others, but here he doesn't even have Patamon and still confronts Devimon

Overall way better than last week tho. Guess my score will go back to 4.
StormxNightmareNov 8, 2020 9:26 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Nov 8, 2020 11:04 AM
Jun 2019
StormxNightmare said:
Thank god we got to see an actual fight against Calmaramon (even tho it was still a pretty bad and underwhelming one). I also liked that the other 4 basically defeated Devimon through destroying the obelisk. The animation was consistent too.

- Devimon didn't have any personality in this fight, which is weird cause he was way more expressive in all the previous appearances
- Mimi, Joe, Sora and Izzy didn't even care that their Digimon were in danger, when Calmaramon grabbed and steamed them
- the producers of this reboot must really hate the Piyomon & Tentomon line, cause they're the only ones with extremely lame evolution-sequences (it's basically Agumon + Gabumon > Gomamon > Palmon > Tentomon > Piyomon)
- Takeru is honestly kinda annyoing and doesn't act like a little kid at all... in the og he was scared and terrified cause Patamon couldn't do anything to help the others, but here he doesn't even have Patamon and still confronts Devimon

Hey critical reviewer, you forgot to complain about DarkKnightMon not doing anything to help Devimon/Neodevimon during the fight. He was just standing there until the end to serve as reverse deus-ex machina for Neodevimon! When you mention this in your eventual famous review, you can go ahead and cite me for this very very important information :DDDD

Anyway, I love that Milleniummon is being explored in this series. I always found it to be a fascinating character, and also way too overpowered when considering its entries on the wikipedias. It is very cool that we have this incredibly fascinating and mysterious digimon to look forward to in this series!

The episode overall was very nice, good animation, Calamaramon was sort of just *there* but oh well, love that TK is standing up for himself in this series rather than being an annoying whiny baby like in the original. Very nice. I also found it really cool that Devimon was not a pushover, as well.
Nov 8, 2020 11:32 AM

Feb 2015
LambdaMan93 said:
StormxNightmare said:

Hey critical reviewer, you forgot to complain about DarkKnightMon not doing anything to help Devimon/Neodevimon during the fight. He was just standing there until the end to serve as reverse deus-ex machina for Neodevimon! When you mention this in your eventual famous review, you can go ahead and cite me for this very very important information :DDDD

Anyway, I love that Milleniummon is being explored in this series. I always found it to be a fascinating character, and also way too overpowered when considering its entries on the wikipedias. It is very cool that we have this incredibly fascinating and mysterious digimon to look forward to in this series!

The episode overall was very nice, good animation, Calamaramon was sort of just *there* but oh well, love that TK is standing up for himself in this series rather than being an annoying whiny baby like in the original. Very nice. I also found it really cool that Devimon was not a pushover, as well.

Even tho I'm not 100% sure if you're mocking me, cause you're actually kinda right with your addition, I'm gonna guess that you are making fun of me for being this critical.
But don't worry, I don't think I'll write an actual review and even if I do it won't be famous :D

I agree that Milleniummon is a pretty nice addition to the series tho! :)
Makes me wonder if the old villains will even appear at all (Etemon, Myotismon, Dark Masters and so on) or if we'll get new ones from now on (which would be pretty cool imo).
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Nov 8, 2020 12:24 PM

Jan 2008
StormxNightmare said:

Makes me wonder if the old villains will even appear at all (Etemon, Myotismon, Dark Masters and so on) or if we'll get new ones from now on (which would be pretty cool imo).

Vamdemon (Myotismon) is one of the most popular and memorable villains in Digimon that I can't see them not doing him.

I do really want more cool new villains though.
Nov 8, 2020 2:18 PM
Nov 2015
I dont know What to feel about this re make anymore, i also think I'm.not the target anymore, yet still watch It evry week ... But feels like a duty isntead of bringing me Joy, is all over the place

But i wont give Up, i Will countinue, is my favorite show from childhood T.T
Nov 8, 2020 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
This is the third time we get the "we defeated the villain, oh wait he digivolves!". Come on, Toei.

I swear if they pull the "Milleniummon twisted time and space so we get this version of the story instead" and somehow connects this to Ryou, Tamers, and the OG Adventure in a way that makes sense, my opinion on the show is going to improve 10 folds.
Nov 8, 2020 3:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i was like "there's NO WAY theyre gonna defeat Devimon that fast.. we've barely seen Angemon" LMAO
Nov 8, 2020 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
I was surprised by the power of Devimon it seems that he will appear in the next episode and that guy in armor has something to do with it.

Nov 9, 2020 1:24 AM

Jan 2020
Ok, this episode gave me hopes for the future of this remake. It took 20+ episodes to become interesting, but what i've seen in this episode is encouraging me to keep watching this remake. Maybe we might be able to see more about the Seven Great Demon Lords or the Royal Knights, i would like to know more about them and the Dark territory slightly explored in Digimon Frontier (the only Digimon i've watched besides Adventure)
Nov 10, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2018
Just a minor nitpick but Devimon is owning against two Ultimates in his Champion form but suddenly got nerfed and one-shotted in his Ultimate form? Power level much?

Aside from that, this arc is looking good. Can't see much to complain here. The best thing is I can't guess what'll happen anymore. Judging from episode preview, looks like Taichi will go haywire and MetalGreymon'll dark-evolve? But into what? SkullGreymon? Mugendramon? BlackWarGreymon?

BliuTiger said:
When Takeru's dumbass decided to stand in front of Devimon and said "Don't bully my friends" I cringed so hard that my whole body started collapsing into itself. As the cringing continued, the centerpoint of my body started attaining stronger and stronger gravity to the point where my body couldn't escape it anymore thereby reducing my existence into a 1 dimensional being. I am now a single point in space-time.
LMAOROTFL!!! This comment made my day. Thanks xD

Nov 15, 2020 10:26 AM

Jul 2008
Hey Devimon evolved into.....not Myotismon...that's not supposed to happen(sarcasm).
Dec 31, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2020
Devimon was overly cushioned for so long but was killed in his first battle. Though he could revive and evolve again, it seems he's just a pawn…

Big problems begin to surface. Except for the better battle scenes, the plot weaving for evolution is not good enough. Just like turn-based games, okay, it's almost the time to evolve, then you pin me down, and finally I find I can evolve again… Just fighting, fighting and fighting in every episode, and no paving the way for the emotion, that can really make audience tired of it.

The next episode "Taichi Shisu"… which means Taichi will die and then come back to life at last? Honest, I don't know how to what to make of the development…

Jan 18, 2021 9:11 AM

Jan 2021
Some of y'all being grown ass men watching a kids show and getting overly and unnecessarily nitpicky of a kids show lol. A kid standing up to a bully is like the most standard trope you could find in a fucking kids show god...

Anyways, so the reason Devimon was so fucking strong for a champion is because they've been stealing data to power them up. Okay that makes sense and why he got defeated so easily after the data transfer was interrupted.

Also Devimon's obsession with Angemon... I think that's a little gay.

Blatant favoritism among the cast is still showing. Not very surprising but still disappointing.

Looks like Darkknightmon was the big baddie all along???????? Just as I suspected. I thought Devimon was too hyped up to be the main villain despite being only a champion digimon lol.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here but I am totally fine and on board with the plot and the direction they're taking in this reboot. I like it and the fact that they're trying to do something else with it but my god they really need to work on that pacing. Agumon and Gabumon have been evolving a million times these last few episodes. Do they not lose any energy at all.
Hound-of-MALJan 18, 2021 9:24 AM
Sep 21, 2021 3:49 AM

Feb 2016
Rad! Moonmilleniumon! shadowy silhouette within the crystal made it blatantly obvious.
Haven't seen you since Savers PS2 and Dawn/Dusk.
Feb 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Feb 2020
Well, the battle is not over yet!
Apr 19, 2022 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
It looks like MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon are quite sturdy after withstanding all these attacks

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.