Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2020 8:53 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
I consider myself pretty immune to what I want to call as "spoiler allergy." I understand that people do not like spoilers and I was once one of them, but as I watched more and more anime, most of the time, I found myself becoming more welcome to spoilers. I even also see spoilers all the time, everyday, to anime I don't plan to watch anytime soon, so I guess that also one of the reasons why spoilers don't affect me that much.

How about you?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2020 8:58 AM

May 2020
I used to think I was insensitive to spoilers but I've come to realise that it definitely takes a bit out of the experience for me. Knowing what's about to come just doesn't make me enjoy a show or manga.
Oct 24, 2020 9:03 AM

Jul 2020
If it is my favorite anime and that anime is currently airing and hasn't completed yet then I'm pretty much very sensitive when it comes to spoilers.However if there is an anime that is getting a sequel and I'm not at all interested in it and if I hear any spoiler from that anime then my hype for that sequel increases rapidly which is a good thing.
(Also its great that more and more mods are interacting with the forum nowadays)
ScordoloOct 24, 2020 9:27 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 24, 2020 9:08 AM
Jun 2020
I always take a shot or two before going to the forums so anytime I see a spoiler I'm likely to forget it by the next day.

It's 100% efficient and knows no boundaries.
Oct 24, 2020 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
im immune to spoilers for a long time heck i even search for them when im really curious of whats gonna happen next
Oct 24, 2020 9:13 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
TitanInsane said:
I used to think I was insensitive to spoilers but I've come to realise that it definitely takes a bit out of the experience for me. Knowing what's about to come just doesn't make me enjoy a show or manga.

Now that's opposite of mine, nice!!

Scordolo said:
It it is my favorite anime and that anime is currently airing and hasn't completed yet then I'm pretty much very sensitive when it comes to spoilers.However if there is an anime that is getting a sequel and I'm not at all interested in it and if I hear any spoiler from that anime then my hype for that sequel increases rapidly which is a good thing.
(Also its great that more and more mods are interacting with the forum nowadays)

This also happens to me when I see spoilers on an anime that I plan to watch as well!

"Oh, that happen? F*** it, I need answers!"

Then I hold the other anime I'm occupied with as much as I possibly could!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Oct 31, 2020 4:15 AM
Oct 24, 2020 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, don't really care much. But if someone posted spoilers of the new chapter of Re:ZERO's WN, that'd be the only time I would get pissed at a spoiler.
Oct 24, 2020 9:19 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
wape said:
I always take a shot or two before going to the forums so anytime I see a spoiler I'm likely to forget it by the next day.

It's 100% efficient and knows no boundaries.

Nice, are you also taking a shot right now? Get me juice; I'll join you!
Oct 24, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2020
It depends on how much I want to watch a show. I'm pretty pissed off about an AoT spoiler I've seen but I've seen plenty of spoilers for Higurashi and I don't really care.
Oct 24, 2020 9:23 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
deg said:
im immune to spoilers for a long time heck i even search for them when im really curious of whats gonna happen next

Not related, but you're nearing 60,000 posts! WOWOWOWOWOW

WNchad said:
Nah, don't really care much. But if someone posted spoilers of the new chapter of Re:ZERO's WN, that'd be the only time I would get pissed at a spoiler.

Did you know that in the latest chapter, Subaru and Rem blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Are you angry now?

Koito91Oct 31, 2020 4:15 AM
Oct 24, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
deg said:

Not related, but you're nearing 60,000 posts! WOWOWOWOWOW

lol i got no life thats why and im addicted to the internet especially here on MAL
Oct 24, 2020 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

Did you know that in the latest chapter, Subaru and Rem blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Are you angry now?

Yup, I'm pretty pissed. I might just angrily eat my food later idk.
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Bloomberry said:
It depends on how much I want to watch a show. I'm pretty pissed off about an AoT spoiler I've seen but I've seen plenty of spoilers for Higurashi and I don't really care.

On the contrary, seeing AoT spoilers just made me want to read the wikis for all the information I have missed out on, and I even poked my manga-reading friends for more information.

One of the best moments I could say I'm happy being spoiled xD
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
I'm fairly immune to spoilers, actually very often (especially with longer series) if something interesting happens, I want to know everything about it immediately, which often leads to major spoilers. (Like: "Oh no, this character died, is he really dead" --> Wikipedia "Oh good he gets resurrected, can't wait to see that"
Oct 24, 2020 9:30 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
WNchad said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

Are you angry now?

Yup, I'm pretty pissed. I might just angrily eat my food later idk.

No, not the poor food!

Jokes aside, I just saw your profile and I like how dedicated you are in propagating the words of the Holy Church of ReZero.

Karinara said:
I'm fairly immune to spoilers, actually very often (especially with longer series) if something interesting happens, I want to know everything about it immediately, which often leads to major spoilers. (Like: "Oh no, this character died, is he really dead" --> Wikipedia "Oh good he gets resurrected, can't wait to see that"

If you could only realize (which I think you would) how much I want to say more about this message without spoiling anything, that would be really nice. I mean, even if I say the anime—or even the season the anime aired—the spoiler that could be inferred is a very huge spoiler!!

Koito91Oct 31, 2020 4:20 AM
Oct 24, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Jokes aside, I just saw your profile and I like how dedicated you are in propagating the words of the Holy Church of ReZero.

Thank you! If you're ever bored, you should check out the WN.
Oct 24, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2017
I don’t care about spoilers at all. If a story is good it will still be good after it’s spoiled, sometimes even better. Spoilers don’t really ruin anything for me, and someone gets to talk about a story that they liked.
"Of course I hate in-groups and in-jokes. Oh, but I like in-fighting, because I'm not part of the 'in.'"
-Hikigaya Hachiman

"God gave men two heads but only enough blood to run one"
-Hayasaka Ai
Oct 24, 2020 9:48 AM

Jan 2020
I'm pretty much invulnerable to the so called "spoiler allergy". I knew the biggest spoiler of Death Note but I still absolutely enjoyed my time watching the show. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't mind if someone gave me major spoilers of a show when I didn't ask for it, though.
Oct 24, 2020 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
I hate spoilers, because I like being surprised, shocked or having the OMG-moments.

Nothing more boring then being able to predict everything, so spoilers don't really help. Spoilers might even ruin it completely for me tbh.
Oct 24, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2019
Kinda been desensitized with how much spoilers I've come across. It's frustrating and annoying, but at this point it's like fuck it, I'm tired of this. I still hate it though.
Oct 24, 2020 10:13 AM

Feb 2020
I absolutely hate spoilers, this is the reason I only search for stuff concerning a series until after i've watched it to prevent youtube from ruining the entire plot for me

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Oct 24, 2020 10:19 AM

Oct 2020
They're bad when the story focuses on mystery elements. They're bearable otherwise.
Oct 24, 2020 10:22 AM
Jul 2020
Very sensitive. I usually avoid it like the plague.
Oct 24, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
For shows that I'm really interested in and planning to watch soon, yes, I'm quite sensitive. Other than that, I don't mind spoilers.
Oct 24, 2020 10:30 AM
May 2015
If it's something i really want to see, I avoid spoilers, but if it's something I won't be seeing anytime soon/ever I don't really care.

Like, I know
but as I don't watch One Piece and I may never do it, I don't really care being spoiled for that show.

I also know
but is a minor spoiler and fortunately for me, every Haikyuu spoiler troll starts with that sentence, so I can get past his comment and avoid other spoilers. Still I would have liked not knowing that.

It also depends on the type of spoiler, like "this secondary character will achieve the goal he was trying to get the whole series" it's different than "when the battle is over and the protagonist thought they won, they discover that this important character is dead because of an injury the enemy army made to him".

I discovered that reading the source material of something that I'm watching takes away the element of surprise, read The dissapearence of Haruhi Suzumiya and when you watch the movie you know why everything is happening, or when I read the 1st season SAO novels and I knew who the villain is. Yes, seeing all animated is great, but is like watching a sports match when you know the final score, who scored and in what minute they did.

If some book/manga that I wanted to read but haven't made the time to do it, is getting an anime/live action adaptation I wait until I see that adaptation, then read the source material and enjoy those little details that they left out of the adaptation. Like some character thoughts on something that is happening or the description of a room that the character makes when he enters it.
sami_sonicOct 24, 2020 10:35 AM
Oct 24, 2020 10:37 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
WNchad said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

Thank you! If you're ever bored, you should check out the WN.

I truly will if I have the time!!!!!!

IrrelevantGuy said:
I'm pretty much invulnerable to the so called "spoiler allergy". I knew the biggest spoiler of Death Note but I still absolutely enjoyed my time watching the show. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't mind if someone gave me major spoilers of a show when I didn't ask for it, though.

Did you know that in Death Parade,

You know this, you watched it, you gave it a 10, but you didn't ask for it. Are you angry now?

JJBarr said:
I don’t care about spoilers at all. If a story is good it will still be good after it’s spoiled, sometimes even better. Spoilers don’t really ruin anything for me, and someone gets to talk about a story that they liked.

True! I also like it when people talk spoilers with me. Like,

"I'm so sorry for spoiling, haha, I hope you won't mind,"
"Nah, it's okay, you can keep spoiling me!"
"Really? Nice, so this character blah, blah, blah, blah,

Kind of nice to see people so enthusiastic.

JomyS said:
I absolutely hate spoilers, this is the reason I only search for stuff concerning a series until after i've watched it to prevent youtube from ruining the entire plot for me

Major spoilers!
In Code Geass, Lelouch

Oh wait
Good thing you watched it already

Lord_Tachanka21 said:
They're bad when the story focuses on mystery elements. They're bearable otherwise.

I have been spoiled a lot of times before, but never in mystery anime because I tend to watch them in one go.

But I wonder what would happen if I got spoiled.

Zlyiond said:
Very sensitive. I usually avoid it like the plague.

At least you won't die... unlike the plague. :pensive:

Koito91Oct 31, 2020 4:24 AM
Oct 24, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2020
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

You know this, you watched it, you gave it a 10, but you didn't ask for it. Are you angry now?

Yes, I'm undescribably angry right now.
Oct 24, 2020 10:49 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Rishiri said:
For shows that I'm really interested in and planning to watch soon, yes, I'm quite sensitive. Other than that, I don't mind spoilers.

Not related but why is the best girl Kuroko only has half her beautiful face shown? :(

IrrelevantGuy said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

That anger will soon subside... as well as the entire world after it is destroyed

Koito91Oct 31, 2020 4:22 AM
Oct 24, 2020 10:52 AM

Jan 2020
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

That anger will soon subside... as well as the entire world after it is destroyed

I hope that day comes quickly. This world is too cruel to live in.
Oct 24, 2020 10:52 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
sami_sonic said:

It also depends on the type of spoiler, like "this secondary character will achieve the goal he was trying to get the whole series" it's different than "when the battle is over and the protagonist thought they won, they discover that this important character is dead because of an injury the enemy army made to him".

I discovered that reading the source material of something that I'm watching takes away the element of surprise, read The dissapearence of Haruhi Suzumiya and when you watch the movie you know why everything is happening, or when I read the 1st season SAO novels and I knew who the villain is. Yes, seeing all animated is great, but is like watching a sports match when you know the final score, who scored and in what minute they did.

If some book/manga that I wanted to read but haven't made the time to do it, is getting an anime/live action adaptation I wait until I see that adaptation, then read the source material and enjoy those little details that they left out of the adaptation. Like some character thoughts on something that is happening or the description of a room that the character makes when he enters it.

I am getting mixed feelings on those types of spoilers. Of course, I stand by my word that I don't mind spoilers. But I haven't done things like that—reading the source material before the anime. I always do the opposite, haha.

Also thanks for the Haikyuu spoiler. I'll spoil my equally-spoiler-lover sister and see her reaction.

EDIT: She was bouncing in joy.
AlexPaulLEWZOct 24, 2020 10:56 AM
Oct 24, 2020 10:53 AM
Aug 2018
I believe I’m pretty sensitive to spoilers, but it really depends on which show is being spoiled and what the spoiler is. I hate being told about character deaths, it’s the worst. It always happened when I decide to watch an anime opening of an anime I’m currently watching and I decide to scroll down and look at the comments. I’ve learned my lesson now.

Oct 24, 2020 10:58 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Xickonaut said:
I believe I’m pretty sensitive to spoilers, but it really depends on which show is being spoiled and what the spoiler is. I hate being told about character deaths, it’s the worst. It always happened when I decide to watch an anime opening of an anime I’m currently watching and I decide to scroll down and look at the comments. I’ve learned my lesson now.

In Death Note,

Will you dare click the spoiler buttons?

Oh wait. You already gave it a 10. Tch
Oct 24, 2020 11:01 AM

Jun 2020
Honestly I don't mind being spoiled about a character going to die. As long as I don't know the details of how/when, I can still enjoy the series a lot.
Oct 24, 2020 11:21 AM
Aug 2018

AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Xickonaut said:

In Death Note,

Nice try bucko

I see everything you’ve watched is a masterpiece in your eyes, or you just gave everything a 10 for some reason.

Oct 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
Hmmm depends on what anime I'm watching.
I started Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso even tho i knew how will end. Same with Clannad after story, I saw that daughter scene multiple times on YouTube before watching the anime.
But for some anime I'm very angry if you tell me spoilers. I almost beat my brother because he told me spoilers from Death Note.

Oct 24, 2020 12:28 PM

Apr 2016
I usually spoil myself unintentionally lol

It depends what kind of spoiler it's, but it usually annoys me because when i spoil myself any death or something like that I can't take that moment of the anime seriously anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2018
I FUCKING HATE SPOILERS

SPOIL ME A SHOW AND ILL KILL U

after being spoiled i first need to forget it so i end up waiting a year to watch it
Oct 24, 2020 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
i need spoiler to decide what to watch or not, sypnosis weren't enough to make me deicide to watch or not. to make sure if there's nothing ruins my mental.
Oct 24, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
Same as you , I'm immune , when I watched Re:Zero I have read a bunch of spoilers from future arcs that are not yet adapted in anime , honestly I don't even care about spoilers , for some reason they do not bother me at all , they even make the story more interesting (ofc I'm talking about big spoilers or even plot-twists too)

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Oct 24, 2020 4:15 PM

Mar 2016
I'm completely immune to spoilers! Sometimes, I actually kinda like being spoiled? Which is so weird?? I knew way too much about what happened in JoJo Part 5 before I watched it and still bawled my eyes out for each scene lmao. I know a lot of major things that happen in the AOT manga, but I know for sure I'm gonna cry really hard either way ;~~;
"It wasn't your fault. You do not have to carry that burden."

Violet Evergarden

Oct 24, 2020 4:21 PM

Dec 2018
I have been hold back from reading the SNK manga for 2 years to have a better anime viewing experience, if someone would spoil me now after all this waiting I would punch him in the face XD. Like 2 years waste for nothing in this case if someone spoil me I could just read the manga before, and waiting and holding back so much time for your favorite show its not easy thing.
Oct 24, 2020 5:05 PM

Dec 2019
It honestly depends a lot. Sometimes, I actively spoil myself the ending of a show to determine whether I'm going to enjoy what's to come or just waste my time. If it's for a show I'm really liking though, I'd hate being spoiled.
Here we go again...
Oct 24, 2020 5:25 PM

Feb 2020
Those make me coil
People who spoil
Should also boil
In fervent oil
Oct 24, 2020 5:39 PM

May 2020
I get pretty annoyed, but sometimes you can't help it. When a show is super popular people talk about it you're bound to see something. However I hate when people say "the twist was really good" to something I haven't seen. Saying there is a twist in the movie is a massive spoiler because I find myself going into it thinking what the twist will be rather than what's going on currently
I said with a posed look
Oct 24, 2020 10:03 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Xickonaut said:

AlexPaulLEWZ said:

In Death Note,

Nice try bucko

I see everything you’ve watched is a masterpiece in your eyes, or you just gave everything a 10 for some reason.

Everything is indeed either a masterpiece in my eyes or something else warranted a 10 out of it. :>
Oct 24, 2020 10:05 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
joshua10red said:
Hmmm depends on what anime I'm watching.
I started Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso even tho i knew how will end. Same with Clannad after story, I saw that daughter scene multiple times on YouTube before watching the anime.
But for some anime I'm very angry if you tell me spoilers. I almost beat my brother because he told me spoilers from Death Note.

I was also spoiled with Shigatsu ha Kimi no Uso and Clannad before watching it, and because of that, I totally cried on the most underrated scenes the spoilers don't even touch. Plastic Memories as well.

The scenes many people said that will become a tearjerker didn't affect me, but other scenes that many people tend to undermine made me tear up.
Oct 24, 2020 10:07 PM

Mar 2019
I don't care about spoilers. If the product is good, spoilers will not ruin it.

And if you don't believe me, think about the shows you rewatch and tell me if knowing what happens ruins them.
Oct 24, 2020 10:11 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Nobita-X said:
Those make me coil
People who spoil
Should also boil
In fervent oil

Those who burn in oil sometimes gets better,
Like how chicken is cooked with breading and batter,
What you desire is somehow much kinder,
Than those who annoy people with a spoiler.
Oct 24, 2020 10:12 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
EddyFiend said:
It honestly depends a lot. Sometimes, I actively spoil myself the ending of a show to determine whether I'm going to enjoy what's to come or just waste my time. If it's for a show I'm really liking though, I'd hate being spoiled.

Being a social media moderator like you, I presume you also see spoilers almost every day. :(
Oct 24, 2020 10:14 PM
Jul 2020
I’m pretty sensitive when it comes to spoilers. When something that I really enjoy I get very sensitive because it takes out all of the enjoyment. I can’t just forget spoilers for some reason.

When it’s a shitty anime I want spoilers. I want to be able to say “I already know what happens, I’m skipping this”. In the end I never skip it so that bums me out when I look back on it.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

9 by 5hadow17 »»
2 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - 2 hours ago

20 by KitsuFrost »»
3 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Saiunknown »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

4 by Nirinbo »»
31 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

72 by Anasyub »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.