Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2020 10:56 AM
Nov 2015
Did anyone else notice that the anime changed Saori's character design completely from the manga?
She didn't even debut in chapter 5 though...
Oct 17, 2020 11:25 AM
Dec 2012
I love the way they did the final scene from this episode.
Oct 17, 2020 11:52 AM
Feb 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
Look I know Naruto comparisons are old and overplayed but I can't help but think of Team 7 when I see this squad of first years plus Gojo lol. Although I would say that the only ones who are even remotely similar to their Team 7 equivalent would be Fushiguro (stoic and serious like Sasuke) and Gojo (lighthearted and relaxed/chill but is actually, I'm assuming, a badass like Kakashi).

Not team 7, team 11? Neji, Lee and Tenten
Oct 17, 2020 11:56 AM
Jan 2020
I don't know why some people would think Nobara's backstory is supposed to be sad because duh, it's not. We got that small glimpse to understand her motives, not to cry rivers for her. What Nobara wants, Nobara gets. And she wants to meet Saori in Tokyo someday. A really straightforward goal, just like her character.
Oct 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Jun 2020
wowie this episode was over way too quickly! that was crazy entertaining. mannequins in a dark, quiet room are always an unsettling imagery.

seto asami can do no wrong, i like kugisaki already, she fits right in! i love the jujutsu voodoo stuff she did, that was so cool.

the humour is alright, pretty great initially even, but i sure hope it's not going to be like that every episode from here on, i mean the constant tone shifts will ruin it, it had such an ominous vibe going on but this episode was all over the place tone-wise & constantly thrown off with all the comedic reactions, i dunno seemed pretty out of place for me, if only they could pull it back a little, juuuust a little.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 17, 2020 12:47 PM

Jul 2019
Nobara is a good character but her backstory felt a bit weak, still a decent ep.
Oct 17, 2020 1:21 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was fantastic and it had no flaw,
Finally Nobara's debut and she was awesome
Overall 9 out of 10
Oct 17, 2020 2:34 PM

May 2020
its okay so far :-0
so what exactly is a signature?
Oct 17, 2020 2:38 PM

May 2018

whoa, so she uses nails and straw dolls...so I guess she a witch.
Oct 17, 2020 3:03 PM

Dec 2015
I wasn't sure before, but now I can confim the show definitely has a slower pace than normal. And if I have to guess why, they're taking inspiration from Kimetsu no Yaiba. And just as KnY, the jokes aren't as entertainment as they could be. So far, the show only made me smile in a few scenes, and it's making me frustated because some of the jokes are actually funny, but not as fast as it should be.

Also, even some animation effects are similar to KnY. Hopefully, diferent from it's inspiration, this show can at least have a interesting story.
Oct 17, 2020 3:24 PM

Nov 2014
HulkAgiota said:
Of course this anime have a woman with shitty personality who likes to punch the mc for no reason. This is so funny 🤡. Oh and of course she's not a bad person, she just had difficulties in the past, and thats why she's so annoying, so sad 😢

this is the first and last time she'll act like a bitch to Yuji. We saw at the end of this episode that they became friends so she never treated him that horribly ever again.

thiago52192 said:
I wasn't sure before, but now I can confim the show definitely has a slower pace than normal. And if I have to guess why, they're taking inspiration from Kimetsu no Yaiba. And just as KnY, the jokes aren't as entertainment as they could be. So far, the show only made me smile in a few scenes, and it's making me frustated because some of the jokes are actually funny, but not as fast as it should be.

Also, even some animation effects are similar to KnY. Hopefully, diferent from it's inspiration, this show can at least have a interesting story.

actually, JJK has a faster pace than most shounen out there. In the manga there's pretty much no resting time or slice of life moment after this episode (the "initial test" for Nobara). It's continuous fighting, killing, and slaughtering nonstop.

Swagarot said:
Nobara is a good character but her backstory felt a bit weak, still a decent ep.

like yuji said (can't remember the exact quote): "I guess having a heavier reason doesn't necessarily make you more admirable." shounen series are filled with characters with lofty and grand backstories and reasons why they fight. But people in real life are sometimes motivated/inspired by small reasons. That's why I think Nobara's backstory is perfect and makes her more like a real person than just a fictional character. She doesn't have a grand reason for becoming a jujutsu sorcerer. She simply wants to leave the country-side and become a city girl, and I think that's a good enough reason.

Bastiono said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Look I know Naruto comparisons are old and overplayed but I can't help but think of Team 7 when I see this squad of first years plus Gojo lol. Although I would say that the only ones who are even remotely similar to their Team 7 equivalent would be Fushiguro (stoic and serious like Sasuke) and Gojo (lighthearted and relaxed/chill but is actually, I'm assuming, a badass like Kakashi).

nah, team 11 is more like the second years jujutsu sorcerers. in fact, lee, tenten, and neji can pretty much be summarized in one person---Maki.

And @thebrentinator24 i feel like I've seen this comment before and I'm pretty sure I replied to it somewhere (on youtube i think?)... anyway, you'll soon find out that Fushiguro is nothing like Sasuke. He's definitely not stoic. He's just used to curses and knew Gojo longer than the other two had, so he's not easily surprised by his antics. Also, all three of them are the "serious" type. None would take things lightly and joke around when they're supposed to be serious. They're all mature teens who are not self-centered like the team 7 pre-teen brats (i mean they're 12 what do you expect?). Also, I'm sure you already know but Gojo is wayyy worse than Kakashi lol, both on the light-hearted and joking aspect, and the power level. He's like Kakashi on crack (?).
ttcchenOct 17, 2020 3:36 PM
Oct 17, 2020 4:34 PM
Oct 2019
loved the new episode! Also i don't remember seeing nobara's backstory that early in the manga.. Did they switch things up?
Oct 17, 2020 4:54 PM
Jan 2020
Jaeger_bomb said:
loved the new episode! Also i don't remember seeing nobara's backstory that early in the manga.. Did they switch things up?

It's still the same as in the early chapter, just more visuals.

And again for people who think her backstory is weak, you're looking at it in a wrong way. Itadori himself said, "Having a more serious reason doesn't make anyone better than the rest". Nobara's motive is mundane, but she doesn't really need anything more than that. The flashback we saw just establishes her core personality.
Oct 17, 2020 6:46 PM
Feb 2020
I have a feeling this show isn't taking itself too seriously...yet.
Seriously, though, Jujutsu Kaisen has just been so much fun. In fact, this is just too promising.
Potential AOTS? Hopefully.
Oct 17, 2020 7:31 PM
Feb 2020
ttcchen said:

Bastiono said:

nah, team 11 is more like the second years jujutsu sorcerers.

As an anime-only, we haven't met the second year yet, but I think it's a lot better than team 7.
Neji - not playing around, exasperated with 'Lee's playful attitude
Lee - playful and hand-to-hand combat expert (we saw how he fought without magic
Tenten - we've only seen one episode for Nobara yet
BastionoOct 17, 2020 7:35 PM
Oct 17, 2020 10:19 PM
Jul 2016
The hype is warranted. Really enjoying the series. I love that it has a Bleach feel to the characters and the world, but it has a tone all its own. It's so refreshing to have such a positive, uplifting tone with good heroes fighting against evil.

The comedy is really good as well, and it's my kind of style. As much as I like Bleach the comedy was too juvenile most times. In comparison to a more contemporary hero series, Kumetsu no Yaiba, as fantastic as it is, has probably the worst attempts at comedy I've ever seen. From an objective standpoint its just terrible, one note lazy cliches. Screaming and violence alone doesn't make it comedy. That series would have been better served by just playing it straight the entire way. There was plenty of levity provided from the wholesome moments with characters.

Anyway, back to Jujustu, I do like how light hearted it is. It's a unique blend and I think they do it just right. There also isn't any jarring tonal shifts, which I appreciate.

I love the realistic art style of the characters and the setting. Beautiful art of tokyo that I would hang on a wall. I will say I find the monsters to be the most disgusting I have ever seen, and I really hate them. But at least the action moves fast and I don't have to focus on them.

Excited to see what comes next.
Oct 17, 2020 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
Continuing to build but nothing spectacular apart from the animation so far. And.. did they send the kid back home as if nothing happened or did they wipe his memory MIB style? Same with the MC's friends. Feels like keeping the curse/exorcism secret isn't really talked about at all.
Oct 18, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2019
“...and one of the first years died”

*proceeds to play the grooviest ED known to man*
Oct 18, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2019
spectrojan said:
Hmm looks like I'm the only one who thought Nobara was kinda annoying
nah I agree but it’s not unbearable like other characters I’ve seen
Oct 18, 2020 12:39 AM
Aug 2016
I think this episode is okay, perhaps i am expecting more from Nobara, the newly added character. To be honest, I don't think a flashback is needed for a new character, if Nobara can handle the curse without so much talking, perhaps i will like her even more.

But still, good job to MAPPA.
Oct 18, 2020 1:54 AM

Nov 2019
Nobara is so cute and crazy too ... I was hoping for something like this.
Oct 18, 2020 2:03 AM
Apr 2018
JUJUTSU KAISEN & FAIRY TAIL character similarities :

MEGUMI - GRAY
NOBARA - (ERZA+LUCY)
YUUJI - NATSU

Or many would prefer SATORU-sensei as GRAY.
Oct 18, 2020 2:40 AM
Jun 2017
Good episode.. They put more emphasis on Nobara's past then what they did in the manga.. It'll come later on again..More of an introductory episode.. The fighting methods in this show will get complicated like HxH real soon.. and the series will get drastically better as well..It is a real solid series.. Just wait for it to get better..
Oct 18, 2020 2:42 AM
Jun 2017
ChetanS said:
JUJUTSU KAISEN & FAIRY TAIL character similarities :

MEGUMI - GRAY
NOBARA - (ERZA+LUCY)
YUUJI - NATSU

Or many would prefer SATORU-sensei as GRAY.

That's where the similarities end.. You'll enjoy this series a whole lot as it gets into the thick plot.. The fighting mechanics are HxH level of good..
Oct 18, 2020 2:45 AM

Oct 2020
I really like the interaction between Nohara and Yuji. I find them both hilarious. Even though Nohara tries her best to be cool but, she cannot hide her true feeling toward Tokyo. I find it weird because every time the new ep comes out, I always want to watch the ed song first. This ep ended it a surprising cliff hanger.
Oct 18, 2020 3:10 AM
Dec 2018
To be honest, I enjoying alot more this early anime episode rather early manga chapter~ I hope it will keep going and getting even better!

Also, rewatching the latest PV, if Ep 3 stop in this spot, then the latest PV may contain clips from Ep 8 or 9... they really finished 1st cour before airing huh?
MOMOpatisierreOct 18, 2020 8:48 AM
Oct 18, 2020 3:26 AM
Jul 2019
I'm already loving the new girl, she used nail and hammer as a weapon that's pretty unique ability to have,i like it.
although her backstory could have been better, probably who got to see more of her past in the incoming episodes, I'm loving the character dynamics b/w her and yuji.
great episode!!
Oct 18, 2020 7:52 AM
Jul 2020
I see that everyone loves Nobara after new episode and i don't know how i feel about her.... well she's interesting, but i'm not sure if i like her that much...
Oct 18, 2020 2:10 PM

Apr 2018
Nobara is cool I like her power. Yuuji and Nobara kinda work as a team in a way.
Oct 18, 2020 3:37 PM

Jan 2017
So the introduction is over and now we can get the main course!
Also that ED, THAT ED SOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD!
Oct 18, 2020 4:08 PM

Nov 2014
Bastiono said:
ttcchen said:

nah, team 11 is more like the second years jujutsu sorcerers.

As an anime-only, we haven't met the second year yet, but I think it's a lot better than team 7.
Neji - not playing around, exasperated with 'Lee's playful attitude
Lee - playful and hand-to-hand combat expert (we saw how he fought without magic
Tenten - we've only seen one episode for Nobara yet
well, I'm not going to explain to you the details as to why I think that way, cause that'd be spoiling lol, but let's just say there's a lot more you don't know about the characters yet. Eventually, you'll see how our main trio is not like team 7 or team 11. they're their own squad (and Fushiguro is noooothing like Sasuke or Neji. Like, totally unalike. Same with Yuji and Nobara.) Pretty sure we'll be introduced to the second years in like...episode 6-ish, that's when you'll see their dynamics and who they are, and you should then be able to understand why I said Maki is pretty much team 11 all in 1 (she has aspects of Neji, Lee, AND tenten).
Oct 18, 2020 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
New character intro episode. The story is generic as usual with monster of the week format. The FeMC is from countryside that liked the city. With backstory and nice ability to exorcise curses. The animation is bad this episode. Overall its an okay episode.

Oct 18, 2020 8:49 PM

Dec 2016
Where were all the snooty critics back when stuff like Rise of the Shit Hero or Darling in the Franxx were airing? Then something like this comes out and it's "decent episode, okay episode, pacing too slow, not that funny."

I don't get it.
Oct 18, 2020 9:52 PM

Aug 2018
From looking from the characters, story and plot of this anime
This will be easily better than most shounen animes lol

From ep 1 this was hype af and adding Nobara this became more hype what more if more characters will get introduce.

I like it after Nobara got arrived sensei gave her a mission immediately with Itadori lol. I like her personality a lot its all over the place and she have great synergy with Itadori in a good and bad way.

Can't wait for next episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 18, 2020 10:35 PM

Apr 2009
lol that preview. I expect no one to die anyway.

The new girl... she's OK, but given the genre's history, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up just being background noise in the end.

Oct 19, 2020 7:48 AM

May 2015
Nailed it. :DDDDDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 19, 2020 8:02 AM
Apr 2020
mappa is on fire with the quality
Oct 19, 2020 10:45 AM
May 2019
Is this team 7 (Naruto)?

Just kidding, Megumi Fushiguro is a better character then Sasuke
Oct 19, 2020 10:50 AM

Dec 2016
Really love the seriousness and comedy of this anime XD

I wouldn't be shocked if Itadori broke that wall with bare hands even when Sukuna wasn't inside him...

Nobara made this group more loud and hyped, she's even louder than Itadori XD
Oct 19, 2020 11:53 AM
Jan 2020
SomethinRandumb said:
jerryjoonie said:
I don't know why some people would think Nobara's backstory is supposed to be sad because duh, it's not. We got that small glimpse to understand her motives, not to cry rivers for her. What Nobara wants, Nobara gets. And she wants to meet Saori in Tokyo someday. A really straightforward goal, just like her character.

I thought they were trying to say Saori is dead, probably killed by a curse and they used to talk about going to Tokyo, so she's achieving that goal in her memory. I don't really like the MC but that might change once it's explained why he's such a freak of nature. Everything else about this show so far has been good, especially the animation.

Regarding Saori,
Oct 19, 2020 7:46 PM

Oct 2008
the new girl is crazy cool!
Nobara Kugisaki is like iron maiden more like steel maiden!
Hope to see more powerful curses and i wanna really see how strong is Gojou-sensei!
5/5.

Oct 19, 2020 8:11 PM

Sep 2020
Quite a cliffhanger at the end, I wonder if it's one of out trio or someone else. Killing character this soon wouldn't be a great decision just when we got introduced to them, there are definitely jebaiting us here
Oct 19, 2020 9:49 PM

Jun 2020
I see a new cute girl has join, and the animation and art there was very amusing I really love on what Studio MAPPA did here.

And that was a great teamwork there well at least when it's finished lol.
Oct 20, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
Steel Beam Girl Nobara Kugisaki has arrived as the 3rd 1st-year Jujutsu sorcerer, and she's a gorilla woman, and a fantastic Shonen female character at that. Her backstory is painful, but relatable. But she's a real cutie coolie pie if given the time.

As if MAPPA could have easily pulled this off with their stunning animation, this episode just proves so much that Jujutsu Kaisen is worthy of not just being the next big hit of WSJ, but aiming for the top for perfect reason.

Within the 3-man Jujutsu group, 1 will be dead...what a way to do cliffhangers. Who will be dead by the next episode or 2?

Greatly enjoyed this episode, and already definite of a 10/10 Shounen that ticks all the right boxes and gets everything right from the get-go.
KANLen09Oct 22, 2020 9:48 PM
Oct 20, 2020 10:46 AM

Oct 2020
KelvinDropZ said:
Killing character this soon wouldn't be a great decision just when we got introduced to them, there are definitely jebaiting us here

I partly agree and partly disagree. Would be refreshing in a way to see a show killing one of the main characters early with some underlying purpose of the death for the continuation of the story. But, honestly, I doubt the show will go into this direction. Doesn't seem to be that type of anime.

Either way, I really enjoy it so far. This episode was especially nice because it offered us a glimpse of the new girl Nobara's past. I wish we could learn more about the other two soon. I mean, we don't really know anything about Fushiguro. And for Yuuji I guess we'll have a big reveal later in the series about his parents, just as hinted in the first episode by his grandpa.

I haven't read a single panel of the manga though so I could be completely wrong about this. Well, more reason to look forward to the next episode :D
Oct 20, 2020 10:26 PM

Jul 2016
Cool episode overall. Not gonna lie, at first I thought I wouldn't like Nobara's character that much due to her arrogance but knowing that she also has a goofier side may give a nice balance to her personality in the end. So yeah, really liking this new trio of shounen protagonists so far.
SouthRzVaOct 20, 2020 10:35 PM
Oct 20, 2020 11:14 PM

Apr 2018
I lol'd when Itadori missed his punch and was so calm about it. hahaha
Oct 21, 2020 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
Nice intro episode for Nobara, I'm already loving her! I'm going to enjoy the interactions of these four main characters. And I really love the fact that Gojou pointed out that something's missing in Itadori's head. Indeed, no one in their right mind could fight curses at the first time they've seen one XD

All of the cast are crazy. Looking forward to even more crazy stuff in the next episodes! Who's gonna die tho...
Oct 21, 2020 2:15 PM

Feb 2015
Xnovazero said:
Setting reminds me of Tokyo Ravens so much. Even characters. But not rip-off. Full of uniqueness.

As someone who loved Tokyo Ravens, I agree :)
This episode made me appreciate the characters way more & I really like Nobara! The curses still look great, love the design! And the animation is still amazing - gonna keep watching for sure!
The only thing I disagree with would be the "uniqueness". The show is pretty generic so far, but that's okay.
StormxNightmareOct 21, 2020 2:18 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 21, 2020 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
StormxNightmare said:
Xnovazero said:
Setting reminds me of Tokyo Ravens so much. Even characters. But not rip-off. Full of uniqueness.

As someone who loved Tokyo Ravens, I agree :)
This episode made me appreciate the characters way more & I really like Nobara! The curses still look great, love the design! And the animation is still amazing - gonna keep watching for sure!
The only thing I disagree with would be the "uniqueness". The show is pretty generic so far, but that's okay.

I'm very glad you're another Tokyo Ravens fan! Awesome :D
Well, I might have praised this show is uniqueness a little too much. But very interesting so far.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

634 by MyOpinionMatters »»
Apr 14, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.