Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 16, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, a journey down to the dungeons and the 20th floor. Bell's decision to protect Wiene definitely comes with a responsibility...at least he has allies helping him.

A very classic DanMachi episode imo with the action. About time Mikoto gets some more screen time this season too.
Oct 16, 2020 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
So apart from Wiene, there are still many monsters that can talk, and it seems Bell is liked by many monsters.
Oct 16, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2018
Nice punch Bell-sama, Lizardman you're really like a pranks, huh...Even though they had fight, in the end the monster wasn't the enemy.
Oct 16, 2020 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
A lot of friendly monsters tho someone is after them.
And Hestia familia got of pretty easy for hiding one, i guess some people are not as bad as they appear.
Still it was a nice episode.
Oct 16, 2020 9:54 AM
Dec 2017
Xenos, huh? I guess Planetary Annihilators are already on the way.
Oct 16, 2020 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
So monsters with intelligence are called Xenos. And Bell is liked by them already. It was funny the way the female rabbit jumped at him.

Ouranos makes his appearance in this season. He really is a mysterious guy and I want to see more of him.

Oct 16, 2020 10:20 AM

Jan 2009
so monsters with intelligence are called Xenos eh

the Hestia familia is gonna be the bridge for the coexistence of humans and monsters
Oct 16, 2020 10:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given the uproar caused by Wiene's appearance it makes sense that the guild will be jammed pack with complaints. This mission from the guild though was real fishy given that the master of the guild knows about Wiene and their shelter of her. While certainly daunting the mission represents the best possible chance for Bell and his team in saving Wiene. The underground location that Hestia visited with Fels sure was interesting. As expected of the 20th floor though the enemies there sure were difficult. The tension when they were within that hidden chamber though sure was well done. But man the scene after where Bell and team finally got acquainted with the Xeno's who until moments before were enemies sure was fun. After seeing hostile monsters for long its nice to see ones that are sentient and not hostile by default. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent tension, combat and revelations in the form of the introduction of the Xenos and Ouranos. Looks like Bell and his familia have been drawn into quite the grand struggle where they essentially stand against the world.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2020 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
Episode was pretty good pacing and action wise. No real complaints. Xenos, on the surface at least, seems like the perfect bridge for coexistence.
Oct 16, 2020 11:22 AM

Sep 2019
They want monsters and humans to get along, I have bad feeling about this. One side will probably betray the other in the next few episodes.
Oct 16, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2020
I knew there were going to be more monsters like Wiene. The name was unexpected “Xenos”. I love the name tho. I like the action. Good episode
Oct 16, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2020
I keep noticing What a bro Hermes actually is!
Always helping out the Hestia Familia (mostly bell)

Those Xenos are interesting, wonder what will happen next..
Oct 16, 2020 11:45 AM

Oct 2012
Another good episode! This season is probably the best one so far, more mature than anything before.

Kinda strange that those xenos, mainly Lyd doesn't open his jaw when speaking (telepathy I guess) but I can probably get over it.

Ouranos' plan is a bold one (coming from the fact that Fels is or possibly was Xenos too - or some sort of undead judging by the bony fingers she put on the tombdoor) but I can't still see a possibility for people in the city to accept the sentient monsters strolling freely next to their home. There would be prejudice at best and racewars at wars if they force them together. So I guess the best choice is to create some safehaven for them outside of the city in the end.

Still, this could be very sour lesson for everyone involved. No way this is gonna work easily. Not to mention intelligent =/= cooperative or good. There may be plenty of xenos who dislike people instead.

The next episode would be ambush most likely, the group siding with Ikelos lead by Dix, things are not going to be pretty, let's hope Asfi saves them somehow.
Oct 16, 2020 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Becoming friendly with these monsters might not sit too well with a lot of adventurers I know. Let's see how this develops.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 16, 2020 11:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Xenos are monsters that posses human level of intelligence and they have made a nice little community on the 12th floor of the dungeon. Ouranos seems to in charge of secretly protecting them and is asking Hestia to bridge the gap between Humans and Xenos using Bell as their only ally. I like the lizardman Lyd already he's a real bro.
Oct 16, 2020 12:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I have to admit that the animation during the fights in the cave was pretty good, especially when Bell punched him
Oct 16, 2020 12:16 PM
Dec 2017
This was an excellent episode!! The best of the season so far. Funny, tension, mystery, and a lot of surprises. I just don't understand why does this season have a 7.73 rating as of now. This is more than "Good". At the very least it should be an 8. But that's just my personal opinion. I would give it a 9, but I have a feeling that at the end of it all I will end up giving it a 10. This season is PROMISING.

LOVED how a defenseless Haruhime simply stood there to protect Lili and Wiene. That was so brave and heartwarming.
Oct 16, 2020 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
Squeeeee! Maybe they should rename it as is its wrong to pick up xenos in a dungeon! Jokes aside an excellent episode!

The starting is mayhaps too much of a spoiler for what is to come but at this point I dont care, I just want to watch more!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 16, 2020 12:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
No complaints so far really, pretty decently adapted I think. If I was to nitpick though I think the lack of mouth movements for Lyd when he was talking was a bit lazy but other than that it was good
Oct 16, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2019
Another great episode
the animation was pretty good especially bell punch

hmm so this type of monsters who have intelligence called Xenos this season keeps getting more and more interesting

5/5

”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 16, 2020 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
And the plot thickens!

Another great episode. Haruhime rubbing her tail was honestly one of the cutest things I've ever witnessed lol.

Amazing animation once again, but it kind of annoyed me how the monster's mouthes weren't moving when they were talking, kind of like a still-frame, but it doesn't bother me that much that it degrades the episode.

So the monster's are called Xenos . . . I think the concept of coexistence this season is really amazing and really fitting to what's happening in the 3d world. This theme is super interesting and can't wait to see how it folds out!

removed-userOct 16, 2020 12:44 PM
Oct 16, 2020 12:43 PM
Jun 2016
When that white rabbit suddenly jumped on bell, i instantly got re zero PTSD
Oct 16, 2020 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Syliph said:

BAHAHAAH, I LITERALLY COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING AFTER READING THIS.
Oct 16, 2020 12:50 PM

Apr 2020
While I think coexistence is possible, it would only be between the Xenos and humanity since the Xenos possess intelligence. I guess it will be explained in the next episode how the Xenos first came to be?
Oct 16, 2020 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
This season has become really fascinating with this recent episode.

It was pretty interesting to know that the guild knew of the existence of the Xenos, so it made sense for them to request Bell and the others to guide Wiene to the 20th floor of the dungeon, but it did look pretty bleak when the group was attacked.

The whole fight had some very impressive animation, the highlight being Bell when he went for a nice punch into the lizardman. After that, the Xenos revealed their true identity to Bell's group and the "test" was complete.

Certainly, it did put a smile on my face seeing the Xenos looking so happy after Bell shook hands with the lizardman and seeing Wiene's smile is something that needs to be cherished and protected at any costs. ^_^

Things looks upbeat right now, but the smuggler's group is making their move. Thankfully, Hermes is also moving on with his plans, too, so it'll be interesting to see how this arc with continue to fold out. Great episode today. =)
Oct 16, 2020 1:06 PM

May 2018
Nice action. A secret society of intelligent monsters, huh. The white rabbit from re:zero is back lol
Oct 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Sep 2014
Harpy girl sure is some waifu material, calling dibs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 16, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2013
Lili's a damn racist
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 16, 2020 2:54 PM

Mar 2020
The Xenos may look ugly on the inside however on the inside they are more normal than you think they are.

it would seem that the Hestia family and the Xenos will be allies rather than enemies, the question is who will be the enemy. Well I think the story is starting to connect and what happened in this episode will most likely be a major factor in the upcoming conflict.

Good episode :)
Oct 16, 2020 3:15 PM

Apr 2015
What I thought was that they had to return Wiene where they found her, but this was a pleasant surprise. There's a whole town full of intelligent monsters. I like where this is going, but I feel there will be a catch to it all.

Lizardman is strong, how he was unscathed after Bell's punch is quite remarkable.

Syliph said:

You and me both, I will never look the same at white bunnies again. Pure nightmare fuel...
Oct 16, 2020 4:05 PM
Jul 2020
A bit disappointing, They skipped many great action scenes in this episode.
Oct 16, 2020 4:35 PM
Oct 2015
PoXonn said:

Those Xenos are interesting, wonder what will happen next..
Remember Hermes is one of the few who know who Bell really is. Probably Hestia doesn't know who he really is either.
Oct 16, 2020 4:37 PM
Oct 2020
HiraethFlox said:
Just killing monsters on the way to the 20th floor, I think it's not that important.
Oct 16, 2020 4:41 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Overall pretty decent episode, not too much was rushed again.

We get Bell and the rest of the gang learning about the existence of the Xenos and how Ouranos views Hestia Familia as the bridge for humans and monsters to coexist. The action was pretty solid I guess and Lyd's VA fits him well imo. Poor Eina can't get Bell to confide in her for this one.

I'm looking forward to the next ep.
Oct 16, 2020 4:59 PM
Aug 2019
BIG5271 said:
HiraethFlox said:
Just killing monsters on the way to the 20th floor, I think it's not that important.

Yeah some people seems to not understand that in an adaptation, there will be things that needs to be changed or cut, they just need to be careful not to hurt the story.

If someone wants the full experience, they shuold just read the novel.

I'm loving season 3 so far.
Oct 16, 2020 6:59 PM

Jun 2017
The Xenos are a great addition to the story imo, it puts a nice spin on things instead of the standard "monsters=BAD, adventurers=GOOD" formula.
Oct 16, 2020 7:29 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
edit:
Finally got around to sit and watch the episode, the studios is doing a really good job so far, I mean considering all they have done recently, this is a pretty good attempt, I m sure something like Wit would have nailed even better execution, but really, I m liking it thus far.
That OST doing its job too, really felt some emotions this episode, they did a great job with Wiene this episode.

Fights were good too, and they nailed it when Bell was going to handshake Lid, that was important because there was a lot of height to it, they are making history here, diving in the unknown, because this is indeed the ultimate taboo by this world's laws, and they just broke it.
There is a lot to deal with on a psychological level, but it was really good so far, and the next episode will explore more of the Xenos reason to exist, the title is a give away for fans, can't wait, because the writer really thought it through and I just loved the meaning he gave it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So they decided to play it safe and give each volume at least 4 episodes? I hope vol11 is the one getting 5 episodes, certainly the longest one.
I m happy people are liking the adaptation since vol9 was kinda anti-climatic towards the end, there is a lot of tension going on, when you keep in the dark about what is going, unaware of the existence of the Xenos, then it suddenly drops, and then it ends, bitterly so, giving off a huge warning shit is not over, leaving quite a lot of dread when you try to foreshadow what is to come, and it lives up to and surpasses your expectations of how fucked it is going to end being, getting the shivers...
Love this arc so much~~

z00nex said:
They want monsters and humans to get along, I have a bad feeling about this. One side will probably betray the other in the next few episodes.

Sorry, but I will diffuse that, I don't want people to set their expectations wrongly for this season, sorry if I take the joy out of you, but no, no betrayal, FROM the Xenos, but there is a betrayal on this season, suffice to say, I will leave it at that.
Xenos is in general what you see, they want to cooperate, but there are also factions among then, some less peaceful... S3 will cover all that and much more, people won't have many complains to make in how the writer handled and explored this, he really gone and fully embraced it and it is the basis of the series going forward.
Revolution is ahead because befriending a monster is of course a taboo, and why would an adventurer do so with a creature without any significant intelligence, which the only purpose is to kill adventures?!

Monsters are in the adventure eyes, their most fearsome and hated enemy, but also their source of incoming, something they can farm and explore, get items, and such.

A good monster is a dead one. Simple as that, the concept of being able to understand each other is pure folly and madness as far as this world's logic goes.
PlaycoolOct 17, 2020 8:27 AM
Oct 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent episode.

Haruhime giving Bell some confidence that his actions were right was definitely the best part for me.

Xenos is a cool name, looking forward to see how the relationship between them and the Hestia family will develop from here.
Oct 16, 2020 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
What a great episode this was! Glad it ended well for them, otherwise those monsters for sure would have killed them. Tbh it was a pretty tough test, but that Bell's skill, damn!

So does that mean that Ouranos is on the good side now? Because it doesn't seem like...
I do wonder if Wiene will stay with Bell.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 16, 2020 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
I think the concept so far for Season 3 is better then Season 2, but I still enjoyed season 2 a lot. I can get on board with Humans and Xenos co-existing but we know some humans will not like that IE Aiz.

That Rabbit jumping right on to Bell lol Add another one to his HAREem lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 16, 2020 10:17 PM
Oct 2019
anime viewers u must watch this part

DanMachi Season 3 Side Story 3 for episode 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0yoGYhOS0

ithyphallic60Oct 17, 2020 9:29 AM
Oct 16, 2020 11:20 PM

Oct 2016
Really great episode, production value is definitely better than the last season. Haruhime doing what Haruhime does best being best girl... well on of them cause there's too much.

Xenos huh? Interesting, I like Lyd and Ray already. How exactly does, providing aid to the Xenos benefit Ouranos or is he just doing it out of the kindness of his heart hmm.

Well, looking forward to the next episode this season has been really good so far and I think it will get even better.
Oct 16, 2020 11:41 PM
Aug 2016
Playcool said:
So they decided to play it safe and give each volume at least 4 episodes? I hope vol11 is the one getting 5 episodes, certainly the longest one.
I m happy people are liking the adaptation since vol9 was kinda anti-climatic towards the end, there is a lot of tension going on, when you keep in the dark about what is going, unaware of the existence of the Xenos, then it suddenly drops, and then it ends, bitterly so, giving off a huge warning shit is not over, leaving quite a lot of dread when you try to foreshadow what is to come, and it lives up to and surpasses your expectations of how fucked it is going to end being, getting the shivers...
Love this arc so much~~

z00nex said:
They want monsters and humans to get along, I have a bad feeling about this. One side will probably betray the other in the next few episodes.

Sorry, but I will diffuse that, I don't want people to set their expectations wrongly for this season, sorry if I take the joy out of you, but no, no betrayal, FROM the Xenos, but there is a betrayal on this season, suffice to say, I will leave it at that.
Xenos is in general what you see, they want to cooperate, but there are also factions among then, some less peaceful... S3 will cover all that and much more, people won't have many complains to make in how the writer handled and explored this, he really gone and fully embraced it and it is the basis of the series going forward.
Revolution is ahead because befriending a monster is of course a taboo, and why would an adventurer do so with a creature without any significant intelligence, which the only purpose is to kill adventures?!

Monster are, in the adventure eyes, their most fearsome and hated enemy, but also their source of incoming, something they can farm and explore, get items, and such.

A good monster is a dead one. Simple as that, the concept of being able to understand each other is pure folly and madness as far as this world's logic goes.

just as u mention,mosnters are important source for any adventurers to gain items,drop.food and importantly leveling up.witout em then this story about adventures is no more..
also i notice people talking bad about lili, she did nothing wrong.surely u remember her previous life being used,mistreated and betrayed badly.so now after being saved by bell and others she values her new family highly and will do anything to protect it.you will do the same if in her position especially given lack information about the xenos.. if situation is becoming better for em then she will just followsuit
Oct 17, 2020 12:02 AM
Sep 2018
There was a section of this episode I had major problems with, due to the animation...or lack thereof.

It was very immersion breaking to see various Xenos 'speaking' when their mouths had no movement at all. Clearly not telepathy, but spoken conversation, with none of the movement that would occur with such speech. I actually was afraid my video playback had frozen while the audio track kept going (something that I've had happen on occasion) but then the scene would change and it was clear that they just hadn't animated the Xenos' speech.

From that perspective this was worse than the Saturday morning cartoons I grew up with in the 1960s and early 1970s, and some of those were incredibly bad.

It's a pity, because other than that I did enjoy the episode.
Oct 17, 2020 12:27 AM

Apr 2020
Orario is rattled by a surfacing news of an intelligent monster. The Hestia Crew is being sent to the 20th floor with Wiene. And Uranus and Hestia have some god-to-god talk.

We now learned that there is a separate group of intelligent/sentient monsters. They are labelled as "Xenos" and man they are already likeable. I hope that they won't be harmed by the impending doom known as the "Ikelos Familia". I swear they're out for monster blood. This has been solid so far, I'm just waiting for that intensifying spark to bring this third season into greatness territory.
Oct 17, 2020 12:54 AM

Jul 2020
Karmafan56 said:
PoXonn said:
Remember Hermes is one of the few who know who Bell really is. Probably Hestia doesn't know who he really is either.

Yeah now that you mention it, I forget about that. Thanks for reminding me!
Oct 17, 2020 1:58 AM

Nov 2017
ithyphallic60 said:
anime viewers u must watch this part

DanMachi Season 3 Side Story 3 for episode 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0yoGYhOS0

nice...

- Did you know? Xenos on greeks mean alien or outsider
- on the opening.. aiz point her blade to bell possibility would appear on the 10-12th episode
Now Loading.....
Oct 17, 2020 4:11 AM

Jun 2019
Lizardman is a nice dude. Many new characters were introduced. Good episode.
Oct 17, 2020 4:25 AM

Jun 2020
Mmmm that was a good punch, the rabbit gave me traumatic Re:Zero flashbacks though
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 17, 2020 5:24 AM

Sep 2020
Overall good episode. The plot keeps progressing at a constant pace and I like the Xenos. They seem very reliable and the Hestia family will need all the help they can get for what's to come. I was a bit worried when they started fighting though. I thought they were mind controlled or something and it could've turned ugly, glad I was wrong lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.