Forum Settings
Forums

'Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu' Premieres in January 2021

New
Oct 9, 2020 10:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The special program for Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) revealed on Saturday that the television anime will air in January 2021. The anime series adapting Rifujin na Magonote's adventure fantasy light novel was originally scheduled for this year.

Voice actor Daisuke Namikawa (Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note, Taisou Zamurai) is joining the cast as the character Ruijerd Superdia.

Manabu Okamoto (Gamers!) is helming the television anime at Studio Bind—a joint venture by animation studio White Fox and production company Egg Firm—with assistant director Hirano Hiroki (Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV episode director).

Kazutaka Sugiyama (Darling in the FranXX animation director) is serving as the character designer, and chief animation director with Yochiko Saitou (Assassins Pride animation director). Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Houseki no Kuni (TV)) is composing the music.

Rifujin na Magonote penned the novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from November 2012 to April 2015. Kadokawa began printing the novel through its MF Books label in January 2014, featuring illustrations by Sirotaka. The 23rd volume shipped on June 25.

Comic Flapper began serializing a manga adaptation by Yuka Fujikawa in May 2014. Kadokawa released the 13th volume on August 20.

Source: Comic Natalie

Oct 9, 2020 10:27 PM
Jan 2019
As much as I'm excited I can't help but feel such a good story would get overshadowed by the big names in the same season :"(

I'm also looking forward to the RPG announced for 2021, I can't believe we're already getting one so soon xD
Oct 9, 2020 10:44 PM

Jun 2019
Winter 2021 is so loaded it’s ridiculous. I would be shocked if it doesn’t end up as the best anime season of all-time.
Oct 10, 2020 12:50 AM
Apr 2016
That's so soon! I'm not sure if I will be able to catch up with the LNs at this rate...
Oct 10, 2020 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
I know this work has high praise since before. I know this work is origin of Isekai. So I wanna read the manga but I'm very afraid every episode polls become full of troll like Maou Gakuin (too unusual case).
I did try Shinchou Yuusha and Maou Gakuin novels and both were good IMO. But both adaptations didn't fit me. Because not executed well in every way for me. I don't wanna repeat same mistakes. Can anyone explain this work is "really" great? I heard content is interesting except MC's personalities.
Oct 10, 2020 4:22 AM
Nov 2010
Xnovazero said:
I know this work has high praise since before. I know this work is origin of Isekai. So I wanna read the manga but I'm very afraid every episode polls become full of troll like Maou Gakuin (too unusual case).
I did try Shinchou Yuusha and Maou Gakuin novels and both were good IMO. But both adaptations didn't fit me. Because not executed well in every way for me. I don't wanna repeat same mistakes. Can anyone explain this work is "really" great? I heard content is interesting except MC's personalities.

Don't expect much quality.
Oct 10, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Tomislavr7 said:
Xnovazero said:

Don't expect much quality.

Thanks for your advice. I'm being careful every adaptation.
Oct 10, 2020 5:04 AM

Mar 2010
woah another interesting series next season
Oct 10, 2020 5:04 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
From all the series I've seen to date, this looks like the one who'll have the best art yet~! Super hyped for this!!!>:39
Oct 10, 2020 7:13 AM
Oct 2016
Xnovazero said:

why did people troll on the misfit demon king posts, i couldnt understand why soooo many people would troll like that for no reason
Oct 10, 2020 7:17 AM
Oct 2016
been following the news related to this, super hyped for Mushoku Tensei to finally get its anime!! one of the best isekai there ever been

only fear is that since this series influenced so many others that isekai people will call Mushoku Tensei "generic" or "boring" or "cookie cutter" when its in fact the complete opposite. i swear if f'boys come in here and trash this anime cause they dont know their web novel history imma lose my mind
Oct 10, 2020 8:49 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HYPE

Nothing more needs to be said.
Oct 10, 2020 8:54 AM

Feb 2014
Cool, that's pretty early.
Oct 10, 2020 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
blonkevnoci said:
As much as I'm excited I can't help but feel such a good story would get overshadowed by the big names in the same season :"(

I'm also looking forward to the RPG announced for 2021, I can't believe we're already getting one so soon xD
This is the biggest isekai alongside one of the best looking PVs. If anything this will overshadow other shows lol
Oct 10, 2020 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
This could be very easily the best anime of winter if they adapt it properly.

Blue_Maroon said:
Winter 2021 is so loaded it’s ridiculous. I would be shocked if it doesn’t end up as the best anime season of all-time.

More like it's too loaded with mainstream sausagefest shounen like Dr Stone or Nanatsu no Taizai. At least there is good stuff like this or Yuru Camp.
Oct 10, 2020 11:15 AM

Nov 2018
Honestly, I wanna watch this anime but after knowing this has polygamy, it really puts me off :/ Seems like gonna have to pass this one.
Oct 10, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
i would watch it if it wasn't a harem ... such a waste
Oct 10, 2020 11:36 AM

Apr 2017
This looks so promising, I've heard so many good things about the source material

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 10, 2020 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Dukino said:
Xnovazero said:

why did people troll on the misfit demon king posts, i couldnt understand why soooo many people would troll like that for no reason

Yeah. I hope Mushoku Tensei doesn't have trolls.
Oct 10, 2020 4:44 PM

May 2013
I did read the WN some months ago and it was dissaponting. I'm sure the anime will be entertaining tho.
Oct 11, 2020 12:21 AM

Oct 2017
Nice just a few more months.
Oct 11, 2020 2:32 AM
Sep 2018
TheNamelessGuy said:
Honestly, I wanna watch this anime but after knowing this has polygamy, it really puts me off :/ Seems like gonna have to pass this one.

The polygamy part is much later in the story. It would need about 4 cours to get there. Until then it will have just plain old romance and without the annoying "several girls trying to get MC" thing going on.
If it bothers you that mc starts a family with 3 women in the future just don't think about that part. It's fiction.
Oct 11, 2020 6:19 AM

Jan 2016
Read this until MC started collecting wives left right and center, I'll pass
Oct 11, 2020 7:07 AM

Nov 2018
EvilSociopath323 said:
TheNamelessGuy said:

The polygamy part is much later in the story. It would need about 4 cours to get there. Until then it will have just plain old romance and without the annoying "several girls trying to get MC" thing going on.
If it bothers you that mc starts a family with 3 women in the future just don't think about that part. It's fiction.
The world would've been so much peaceful if everyone's mindset was like that lmao.

Doesn't matter if it's fiction. It still annoys the fuck outta me. But then again, judging from what you said, I suppose I could give it a try. Or at least the first season of it.
Oct 11, 2020 3:41 PM

Feb 2015
As long as they dont do Miles-chan anime adaptation, this will be a good one. Hope they adapt when Rudeus 15 yos but it might not be considering this prolly will be 13 EPs.

tragedydesu said:
i would watch it if it wasn't a harem ... such a waste

even if WN Vol. 11 exist? Are you sure about this? You'll literally miss the 2nd best arc in the series.

EmptyNote said:
Read this until MC started collecting wives left right and center, I'll pass

mhhh pretty sure the anime wont get to this far but I'm gonna be sad if so. Roxy arc just had tremendous amount of brilliance and passion that, no matter how it'll be adapted, regardless of the outcome I still will endow the absolute that it will never capture the beauty and the passion within the WN. But let's see, this will be interesting.
_Ako_Oct 11, 2020 3:57 PM
Oct 12, 2020 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
I know this work is origin of Isekai.

The father of (old school) isekai dates from 1983: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_Battler_Dunbine

This web novel OG run was started in November 22, 2012. 2014 for the LN.

Even if you mean "modern isekai", with all that lol gaming terminology, OP MCs and/or harem...well:

Log Horizon WN was started on April 13, 2010.

Even Sword Art Online WN started on 2002.

Origin...sorry, but how? In which way?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 12, 2020 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
the western Mushoku Tensei fans are under the impression that it was a precursor because back in the day, it was pretty much the first iof that kind of isekai LN to be available translated on a lot of volume, so for western fans it was the first they really came in contact with and liked, everything else "came afterwards".
Of course it's a completely wrong way to measure which one came first or which one influenced the genre the most (as western LN community doesn't influence anything, especially peoples who just read translation online for free...), but that misconception has expanded more and more over the years.

I think even Crunchyroll on one of its english trailer for the anime is saying something like that as well, like father of isekai or something.
Oct 12, 2020 4:38 PM

Sep 2016
Too many people above already deprecating this amazing show, pfft.

Even funnier the ones "winter 2021 is no good" looool
Thank god it's january.
I was already waiting for this in "2020", then covid, then 2021.
I was worried they would delay it to september.

Fabris said:

SAO ain't isekai tho.
bruh
Dec 10, 2020 9:15 AM
Dec 2020
Fabris said:
I know this work is origin of Isekai.

The father of (old school) isekai dates from 1983: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_Battler_Dunbine

Even if you mean "modern isekai", with all that lol gaming terminology, OP MCs and/or harem...well:

They say it's the father of isekai because of its setting. Not only being transported but completely reincarnated with his memories intact. There may have been another one, I don't really know/care, but this one gained huge popularity and has a really long story. The ones you mentioned are all just people being transported and all of them even look like they did irl.
Feb 9, 2021 10:06 PM

Feb 2021
Didn't regret watching the anime.

Amazing as fk, the animation is crisp and the Author himself is contributing to the anime story.
Dec 20, 2021 3:24 AM

Dec 2015
Xnovazero said:

origin? wow. you REALLY got your dates and definitions WAY WAY off. i-sekai literally means in Japanese 'other' i... 'world' sekai... that means anybody transported to any other world in any way shape form or fashion. 'Spirited Away' movie premiered in 2001, 'Familiar of Zero' manga started 2004.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Dec 20, 2021 3:31 AM

Dec 2015
b2kx said:
Fabris said:

They say it's the father of isekai because of its setting. Not only being transported but completely reincarnated with his memories intact. There may have been another one, I don't really know/care, but this one gained huge popularity and has a really long story. The ones you mentioned are all just people being transported and all of them even look like they did irl.
b2kx said:
Fabris said:

holy wowzers knucklehad. you too? here, i'll copy/pasta this one just for you as well.
"origin? wow. you REALLY got your dates and definitions WAY WAY off. i-sekai literally means in Japanese 'other' i... 'world' sekai... that means anybody transported to any other world in any way shape form or fashion. 'Spirited Away' movie premiered in 2001, 'Familiar of Zero' manga started 2004.

narrowing it down to SPECIFICALLY fit your premise is called 'cherry-picking the facts'... that's a biiiig no no!

guess what? Mark Twain wrote his own lil 'light novel' isekai... never heard of 'A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court'? folks have been going off to 'fairy land' in Gaelic fables thousands of years ago. the Japanese have talked about yokai taking them off to the underworld and suchforth (source of 'Spirited Away' storyline) for quite a long long time too.

hell the Greeks had more than one dude venture into Hell/Hades/the underworld for various reasons.

if you wanna pull something outta your butt, keep it to yourself mkay? you'll look a heck of a lot less idiotic that way.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
2 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
8 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
Today, 8:26 AM

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.