Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 9, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, some actual fighting in the dungeons. I almost fogot how deadly some of the monsters in this series can be.

Episode is alright. Wiene still seems so vulnerable in their world and mentally emotional even with Bell and his friends helping her. Idk how to feel about her character so far tbh.
Oct 9, 2020 8:59 AM

Feb 2018
Lili looks like your mouth really needs to be plastered. It seems they can't hide Wiene's form anymore ... All right, who is that elf girl.

Thanks Lili.
Oct 9, 2020 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
Ikelos, the man who looked suspicious.

Wiene just wanted to help someone, but because of that, her true identity was discovered
Oct 9, 2020 9:45 AM

Apr 2010
Bell needs to be more careful with his behaviour.
And the need to look better after that girl they are taking care of, now that everyone in the city knows there is a monster in the city.
It's strange that no one noticed her saving the girl tho, blinded hatred i guess.

The question is how are they going to solve all this.
Oct 9, 2020 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
Ah the classic talking about someone and not expecting them to be listening, then they run away trope.

No good deed goes unpunished. All wiene wanted to do was protect someone 😔 poor thing.
Oct 9, 2020 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
I feel sorry for Wiene, the way people treated her just because she is a monster. I understand their hatred but still.

Ikelos is another creepy person that Hestia Familia needs to take care of.

Oct 9, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2018
We are back in the Dungeon and its clear that Bell has a hard time fighting monsters.It seems that because of Weine he cant see monsters as absolute evil anymore and who can blame him, later he and Welf ecounter another talking monster on the same level Bell found Weine.
Hermes saved Bell's ass from Ikelos but you dont need to be a God to understand Bells reaction to Ikelos question...
well that's just my opinion.....
Oct 9, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Man. Looks like things are looking bad now. I really understand Lili's concern. There is no denying that at all. Not only that Weine is already exposed. Right now. They need to make a big choice. Though Ouranos' subordinate believes there is hope, but it is too distant.
Oct 9, 2020 10:25 AM
Oct 2019
DanMachi Season 3 Side Story 2 (DanMemo)

Fairy Romantica (妖精ロマンチカ), SS from DanMachi Light Novel Volume 9

https://danmachi.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Angelo_Gabrini/Fairy_Romantica
ithyphallic60Oct 9, 2020 10:37 AM
Oct 9, 2020 10:27 AM

Sep 2019
I felt bad for Wiene, she didn't even do anything wrong. There are other monsters who can speak, looks like Bell's going to adopt all of them.
Oct 9, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
Seems like Ouranos is the one who wants the Humans and Monsters to live among each other. Well at least the tame ones. Poor Wiene T_T getting that harsh reality. It's not not a world where Monsters and Humans can co-exist...YET

If anyone can make it happen Bell definitely can. Though at a price, especially with Ais.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 9, 2020 10:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm monster selling sure is a lucrative business. To think there will be evil familia's like that though. The OP from Yuka is as awesome as ever. Ryuu's skill with throwing weapons is as sharp as ever. looks like both Aisha and Ryuu are fighting hard to get Bell for Haruhime and Syr respectively. Given Wiene's nature its no wonder Bell is hesitant. Rays entrance while fun was matched with the strength of her wishes and desires as well. In the distant past it seems Orario was quite different to how it is now with the presence of the evils back then. If anything Hermes will never do something without having precautions in place as shown with his familia members placement. While Harsh Lili's reasoning was sound. Unfortunately things will get harder now as its open knowledge that a monster is within the city. Overall an excellent ep that did well to showcase the hostile faction of Ikelo's familia as well as the deep seated hatred that adventurers bear towards monsters and the beginning of the struggle to protect Wiene from them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2020 11:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The tone here got really dark suddenly. I think there will be some nastiness soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2020 11:04 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
My heart feels for her Dx
Oct 9, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
Wiene the poor thing, all she wanted to do was protect a young girl. Unfortunately it's not easy to overcome the bias against monsters that attack you. :(
Oct 9, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2019
pretty nice episode
i really feel bad for Wiene

4/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 9, 2020 11:35 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Welp, it was only a matter of time before Wiene would be discovered in the city. In spite of everything Wiene tries to do for them, the humans will hate her because she's a monster. Bell was almost close to spilling the beans about her to Ikelo until Hermes showed up. It seems that Bell is conflicted about monsters as he struggles to fight them in the dungeon. He has to understand that the relationship between monster and humans is very bloody. Not every monster is going to be like Wiene because she's a special case. The only solution is to get Wiene out of the city, but that's going to be difficult with the whole city on high alert. It was nice to see Ryuu again and hopefully she will get some more screen time.
Oct 9, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2020
Im an anime only but will the end of the series be near ? I think monsters and humans coexisting would be a great way to end it off

Oct 9, 2020 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
that Ikelos familia is big trouble eh

so there are other speaking monsters besides Wiene

coexistence is the plot of this arc then
Oct 9, 2020 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Seems like monster trafficking is going to be a major theme this season, way better than last season.

Judging from the op I'm guessing Ais has some history with monsters, seeing that she started to point her sword at Bell.
Oct 9, 2020 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm.. but isn't Ganesha doing exactly the same for monsterphillia? How is that different, I hope that question gonna be asked.

Part of me hoped that Bell actually stood before Weine and defended her.. at that moment shit would get real.. but then again Hestia familia would be probably cast out of Orario and they would achieve nothing.

I mean, killing monster is big business there... and I'm really greatful someone finally asked the question.

This season is already darker than both previous ones together.
Oct 9, 2020 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
The dark tone of this season has got even darker. Monster trafficking seems to be on the cards and it certainly paints a grim picture for poor Wiene.

Liliruca, although no fault of her own, chose the wrong time to voice her opinion about keeping Wiene within the safety of the Hestia familiar, which made Wiene run away. To make things worse, Wiene revealed herself to the normal citizens when she went in to save a young girl from a falling box of food.

Considering the history between humans and monsters in Orario, I can understand why the citizens were very hostile at Wiene. Having said that, it stills hurts to see Wiene cowering in fear while being pelted by rocks from the angry mob. =(

Although it's good that Hermes is active and also helped Bell out during a tense confrontation with Ikelos, he didn't get much progress, either. Ikelos doesn't seen to care much about what might happen. A sorry bastard he is...

Either way, this was a pretty good episode and, judging by the OP animation, I feel that we will be getting more tense confrontations in the future, with some of them from close friends of Bell and his fellow familiar members.
Oct 9, 2020 1:45 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah I can pretty much see where this is going, Opening pretty much spoils it too lol.
I still felt bad to see Wiene cry.
Oct 9, 2020 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
Even if she is worried about everyone except Wiene, bringing up Familia safety is coming Big from Lili who brought a lot of trouble to Hestia Familia herself, especially to Bell even. Trying to take the decision about this incident away from Bell and trying hard to reject Wiene is very insolent of Lili but whatever i guess.
Wiene is not an anomaly, another talking monster girl appeared, and there are even more too i guess from her short monolugue and the opening showed some monsters aswell.
Looks like the guy in the cloak sabotaged the carriage and created that accident with the girl at the end, seems like he or his Boss Ouranos has the same goal like the monster girl's wish for Monsters coexsting with Humans and tried to push towards this future.
DelusionalUzumeOct 9, 2020 1:56 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 9, 2020 1:54 PM

Dec 2014
well that escalated fast...I was not expecting that
Oct 9, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2015
Ikelos is such a shady god, so sus.

I wonder what the individual was Welf and Bell met on the 19th floor, same species as Wiene that's for sure, but an Adult? Or maybe an adolescent? That feather it left behind is quite interesting. Makes me question what an actual adult of that species looks like.

Poor Wiene, only wanted to save that little girl. Glad they were able to handle quickly to get her out of there, but shame that she got exposed already. Soon the whole town will know..
Oct 9, 2020 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
Buncha racists in this town.

Get the feeling they might try to find the Xenos they met in the dungeon again and find out where she lives so they can take Wiene to live there safely.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 9, 2020 2:13 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This episode was pretty bland, though it did have an intriguing reveal or two. All in all, I really think that the first season of this series just had something that the second season lacked, and that I'm not sensing in this season. I can't put my finger on it, so if anyone else has a good idea about what this series lost, I'm all ears.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 9, 2020 2:16 PM

Mar 2020
This episode seems to explore the world of people vs monsters and there relationships with each other. As shown Wiene is a monster a dangerous looking creature but at heart she's this fragile little girl and I really feel bad because all these humans reflect there actions based on the looks not the actual being. I feel like not just in the anime but as a society we should reflect on not how we see things on the outside but how we see things on the inside. That was the main message I got from this episode.
Oct 9, 2020 2:20 PM

Jun 2015
Series is looking good so far, and an interesting story we look to be following!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 9, 2020 2:38 PM
Nov 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
I wonder what the individual was Welf and Bell met on the 19th floor, same species as Wiene that's for sure, but an Adult? Or maybe an adolescent? That feather it left behind is quite interesting. Makes me question what an actual adult of that species looks like.

If you look at the opening song, you see the bird girl and Wiene standing behind bell (along with a red lizardman and a grey dragon/wyvern-type). The bird girl has feathers, Wiene has scales. So definitely not the same species.
Oct 9, 2020 2:44 PM
Jul 2019
Is it possible that the monsters on the 19th floor may have evolve to a much intelligent life form , given that they can speak????

So, will Bell abandon his familia and form a group with monster on the 19th floor????
Oct 9, 2020 2:58 PM
Jul 2020
This is pretty normal in anime and tv shows in general. You talk about someone and somehow they are listening.

I see why they were throwing rock at Wiene. She deadass saved a kid. Overall pretty average episode felt way to short.
Oct 9, 2020 3:35 PM

Jan 2016
Man Wiene is such a precious Cinnamon.

I know that people will hate on Lili for this but somebody had to play the villain role for the familias sake and unfortunately, Lili always has to do that.

gaussian_ said:
This episode was pretty bland, though it did have an intriguing reveal or two. All in all, I really think that the first season of this series just had something that the second season lacked, and that I'm not sensing in this season. I can't put my finger on it, so if anyone else has a good idea about what this series lost, I'm all ears.

Season 2 was honestly a bad adaptation. This season and onwards will adapt the best contents of Danmachi and honestly.
This season has been good so far adaptation wise, not perfect but better than the last season. You should probably stick around for this season because the conclusion and all is amazing, if you still don't like it then Danmachi is maybe just not for you (in case J.C don't royally fuck up)
Oct 9, 2020 4:14 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
FireFistYK said:

Season 2 was honestly a bad adaptation. This season and onwards will adapt the best contents of Danmachi and honestly.
This season has been good so far adaptation wise, not perfect but better than the last season. You should probably stick around for this season because the conclusion and all is amazing, if you still don't like it then Danmachi is maybe just not for you (in case J.C don't royally fuck up)

Good to know. I plan on sticking around, and actually liked last week's episode. It was probably just that today's episode didn't click quite as well with me for some reason. It's early in the season, so there is plenty of time for it to build up to being more like the first season, which I quite liked.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 9, 2020 4:34 PM
Aug 2019
So my 5 yen for a Noragami season 3 were not enough? that's why Yato had to find another job in Danmachi III as an evil god (Ikelos), poor Yato.

I'm liking a lot this season, Wiene is adorable (please don't make suffer so much).
Oct 9, 2020 4:43 PM

Dec 2016
Okay after this episode I'm 100% sure someone who is working on this season has a foot fetish.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 9, 2020 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
The start of the episode had me skeptical again, episode turned out slightly OK though.

I kind of see what they're going for but still the premise and more so how it plays out is really stupid, but I'm gonna keep being positive and hoping for the best.

S1 was never great but it was a fun entertaining adventure, completely changed in S2 but I'm hoping S3 can change things for the better.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, some actual fighting in the dungeons. I almost fogot how deadly some of the monsters in this series can be.

Episode is alright. Wiene still seems so vulnerable in their world and mentally emotional even with Bell and his friends helping her. Idk how to feel about her character so far tbh.

I see you shaped up after ep 1. Congratulations on the first post.

Leo said:
I feel sorry for Wiene, the way people treated her just because she is a monster. I understand their hatred but still.

Ikelos is another creepy person that Hestia Familia needs to take care of.

Wow, you have actual human feelings? I never knew. From previous replies i was sure you were an emotionless bot.

gaussian_ said:
FireFistYK said:

Good to know. I plan on sticking around, and actually liked last week's episode. It was probably just that today's episode didn't click quite as well with me for some reason. It's early in the season, so there is plenty of time for it to build up to being more like the first season, which I quite liked.

You're not alone, but lets hope it keeps improving :)
Oct 9, 2020 4:56 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty ok episode overall. Glad this ep wasn't as rushed as the previous one but it still could've been better.

We're slowly getting into the real meat of things here with Bell and Welf discovering that Wiene isn't the only monster who can talk. Ikelos and his familia are proving to be a shady bunch and one can't help but to feel bad for Wiene as all she wants to do is to be with Bell.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 9, 2020 4:57 PM

Dec 2016
Mich666 said:
Hmm.. but isn't Ganesha doing exactly the same for monsterphillia? How is that different, I hope that question gonna be asked.

Difference is legality of Ganesha's Monsterphillia. It's like comparing legal animal hunting with poaching.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 9, 2020 5:37 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ikelos feels like a Yato gone evil lol, with that tracksuit.

They did the episode decently I would say, with the exception of that encounter with the monster on level 19.
This goes to show the difference in quality from directors, that scene needed some silence to it, some pause in between the dialogue, better camera angles, the OST was fine, but really, "she" just keep firing on all cylinders of her screentime, there was no break there unlike the LN, where you can see both parties are evaluating each other, and it the end that scene came out short when it could have become a really tense moment where the viewer is left holding breath, wondering what is gonna happen, like I was when reading.

Also, the OP really spoils too freaking much, they should have a more censored and tame version, with different scenes, that would spoil it like this, you already see that Bell is going to fight alongside them.
And then later on, when it is time, introduce this OP finally, IDIOTS!

NEVER on the LN, I knew they even existed UNTIL later on, and I would never have guessed that such a situation would be created. For this arc, being in the dark is the best, but that is impossible to achieve when the fucking OP spoils this much.

That aside, it is clear to me now that J.C.Staff is trying their best, which will hopefully output a much better S3 than S2 was, despite the fact they had a great volume to be adapted and fuck it up with S2 (vol7 with Haruhime).
Right now, they don't have the skills to pull out an adaptation that would capture well all the tension, drama, and pure horror from the current LN arc.
Which means, they will also fall a bit short with a possible S4 and vol13-14 adaptation.

This said I hope they can still do a good job and maybe get some people interested in reading this arc, being eager to find out all the details the animation skipped.

Obviously, I already knew Wiene was gonna get in that situation, but it is still hard to see it, but I gotta prepare because harsher tides are coming in, this is nothing... I expect them to what least fuck around with my feelings good enough I can shed some manly tears, the OST seems promising so far too.

Farabeuf said:
The tone here got really dark suddenly. I think there will be some nastiness soon.

This whole arc will be like that, only the SoL at the beginning of volume 9 is what you would say to be light in tone, there is a lot of negativity ahead.
PlaycoolOct 10, 2020 2:14 AM
Oct 9, 2020 6:18 PM

Nov 2017
Mich666 said:

Good question.To point out,think why Wiene is different from the monsters in Monsterphilia,and I don't mean the type of monster she is.
Also,as for the rest of what you said,keep watching,if they don't murder the source material,its gonna get a lot better,and a lot darker.
Oct 9, 2020 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
There's no way that Bell will leave Wiene alone.

What a great episode, made me hyped up for the next episodes!

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 9, 2020 7:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, the name of the season's new God that was supposed to be a thread for Bell and his party was an Ikelos? He seemed to out of control over his own family which was sad to believed. Its like he was supposed to be a mediocre tier God, but his familia surely dangerous with their activity at the Dungeon. Damn, such an interesting scenario. Its kinda refreshing for the Danmachi with its own eccentricsm, that it could turned out to be a cliche crime, illegal activity, like these one. But, the whole talking monsters were just as surprised as a generic plot too. So i don't mind it at all, considering it just serve nice as a mere setting to strengthened the plot line.

Thats it. Hermes role to be an information spreader, and Uranus roles, once again, as an initiator to connected the Dungeon realm into the upper world of humanity, behind the screen. More or less, the image already shaped it up. So, its direction kinda be the only problem. So, for the next character revelations, i just hope its gave more better direction than these another intrigueing introduction.

Also, the little squabbling scene between Aisha and Ryuu kinda funny though. While Wiene fearness as expected causing the trouble in the city. Lili and her sharp words kinda dissapointed me, cause she hurted my little monster feeling. Fortunately, she save Wiene again so, my dissapointment already erased. So, the problem there was how to persuaded the whole city into acknowledged the talking monsters. And Who the heck was Xenos? Lets just see the next one, then.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 7:21 PM

Jun 2017
I already hate Ikelos, dude needs to be sent home fast lol.

So the town is in light panic now. Looking forward to how they will weasel out of this.
Oct 9, 2020 7:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
FireFistYK said:

I know that people will hate on Lili for this but somebody had to play the villain role for the familias sake and unfortunately, Lili always has to do that.

Her role just hurts my feeling, there. :(
I hope she changed her mind in the future.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 7:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really felt bad for Wiene, she's rejected by the society :( well it's not surprising but still sad
Oct 9, 2020 9:28 PM

Jul 2020
Ilogical said:
So my 5 yen for a Noragami season 3 were not enough? that's why Yato had to find another job in Danmachi III as an evil god (Ikelos), poor Yato.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Ikelos with the track jersey was Yato lol.

The episode was fine. I'm interested on how the monsters can coexist with the people in the city. Pretty sure that would be a really hard task considering how most of the population are adventurers that face these creatures everyday as foes.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 9, 2020 11:12 PM
Jan 2014
Syureria said:
Lili looks like your mouth really needs to be plastered. It seems they can't hide Wiene's form anymore ... All right, who is that elf girl.

Thanks Lili.
forreal who was the elf girl? how did she turn into her? im confused lol. been a while since I last watched this series
Oct 9, 2020 11:36 PM

Feb 2018
Caden517 said:
forreal who was the elf girl? how did she turn into her? im confused lol. been a while since I last watched this series
yeah me too, I'm only interested on Freya, lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.