Forum Settings
Forums

Aniplex Announces 'Wonder Egg Priority' Original Anime for January 2021

New
Oct 8, 2020 2:14 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aniplex opened an official website for an original television anime titled Wonder Egg Priority on Friday, revealing the main staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video. The anime series will air on NTV in January 2021.

The anime project marks the first collaboration between Aniplex and D.N. Dream Partners, a limited liability partnership jointly invested by Nippon Television Network and NTT Docomo.

Staff
Original Creator, Script: Shinji Nojima (Takane no Hana live-action drama)
Director: Shin Wakabayashi (Ano Hi no Kanojo-tachi, Working!!! episode director)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Saki Takahashi (Darling in the FranXX animation director, Sora no Aosa wo Shiru Hito yo design works)
Planning, Producer: Hiroyuki Ueno (NTV) (GJ-bu), Nobuhiro Nakayama (Aniplex) (Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)
Studio: CloverWorks

Teaser PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://wonder-egg-priority.com/
Official Twitter: @WEP_anime

Source: PR Times

Wonder Egg Priority on MAL
VindstotDec 16, 2020 1:12 AM

Oct 8, 2020 2:36 PM
May 2015
An original anime by Cloverworks eh? Even after watching the PV, I have no idea what this is going to be about but just because it's by Cloverworks, I'll give it a try. I love that art style though 🥰🥰

Whenever I watch an anime from A-1 Pictures or Cloverworks, they always surprise me at how entertaining their shows are, even if the story in some of those shows are below average, and I'm sure this is going to be the same case.

Oct 8, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2012
jc9622 said:
An original anime by Cloverworks eh? Even after watching the PV, I have no idea what this is going to be about but just because it's by Cloverworks, I'll give it a try. I love that art style though 🥰🥰

Whenever I watch an anime from A-1 Pictures or Cloverworks, they always surprise me at how entertaining their shows are, even if the story in some of those shows are below average, and I'm sure this is going to be the same case.

I remember that people said that A-1 pictures was a trash studio, but now I think that now is top tier.
Oct 8, 2020 2:47 PM

Sep 2016
Nice teaser. Not available in my country, lol.

Mario_Isla said:
I remember that people said that A-1 pictures was a trash studio, but now I think that now is top tier.

People saying A-1 was trash were just SAO haters.
bruh
Oct 8, 2020 2:59 PM
May 2015
Mario_Isla said:
jc9622 said:

People who say that haven't watched the latest anime from A-1. It's an old meme, at this point. Sure, their anime back when the studio started was mediocre at best but now, they have one of the best production values in anime. Some of their stories are still a mixed bag, sure, but they at least put effort in making their anime look as good as possible.

Also, I agree with the person above me. Probably just SAO haters.
jc9622Oct 8, 2020 3:03 PM

Oct 8, 2020 3:11 PM

Aug 2012
jc9622 said:
Mario_Isla said:

People who say that haven't watched the latest anime from A-1. It's an old meme, at this point. Sure, their anime back when the studio started was mediocre at best but now, they have one of the best production values in anime. Some of their stories are still a mixed bag, sure, but they at least put effort in making their anime look as good as possible.

Yes!! for example babylonia was really god visualy. Now iam waiting for this and horimiya
Oct 8, 2020 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
No idea what it could be about, but it looks visually pleasing at the very least.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Oct 8, 2020 5:41 PM
Jan 2018
Mario_Isla said:
jc9622 said:

Yes!! for example babylonia was really god visualy. Now iam waiting for this and horimiya

I agree with this, to some extent.

A-1 has been really consistent, but Fairy Tail Final (2018-2019) and the new show they're airing this season (Senyoku something-something) have really bland visuals. Though they have put way better looking shows like Kaguya sama and SAO:A.

Cloverworks has had like only two shows where it has actually looked good: Neverland and Fate/GO. However I have much better hopes for this show and maybe Horimiya in visuals at least (not sure how good the script will be).
Oct 8, 2020 8:06 PM

Jan 2015
Looks fucking good as expected from CloverWorks. This studio has insane production values for each of their projects. People don’t praise it enough tbf

@TodAboT
Bro what? What about Bunny senpai and Dargling in the Franxx? They also both have great animation, not just YnN and FGO
XenocrisiOct 8, 2020 8:10 PM
Oct 8, 2020 8:27 PM
Jan 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Looks fucking good as expected from CloverWorks. This studio has insane production values for each of their projects. People don’t praise it enough tbf

@TodAboT
Bro what? What about Bunny senpai and Dargling in the Franxx? They also both have great animation, not just YnN and FGO

Huge disagree with Bunny Senpai. It just felt very stilted and inconsistent, not to mention the CGI background characters did not blend with the rest of the show.
Darling looks nice, but it also has the support of A-1 and Trigger, so I can't say that it's a good looking CloverWorks show because it's barely CloverWorks.
TodAboTOct 8, 2020 8:38 PM
Oct 9, 2020 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
This actually looks really nice. Cloverworks seems to be going for that 90's style but modernized and I am enjoying that look for sure.
Oct 9, 2020 4:10 PM
Jun 2020
Mixed feelings but I'll definitely give it a try.

Its title sucks though.
Oct 11, 2020 12:22 AM

Oct 2017
That's a cute key visual.
Oct 21, 2020 9:14 PM

Jan 2019
Oh it’s so cute! I’ll give it a watch for sure, I have so many shows I have to watch next season lol
Jan 13, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 2020
Watched the 1st episode today, it's amazing!

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
52 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
11 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.