Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2020 12:22 AM
Apr 2017
I'm loving it. It fills the void in my heart. Real life too cruel. AAAAAA
Oct 4, 2020 12:41 AM
Dec 2018
I am extremely confused. But a good kind of confused. More importantly, I am entertained. Fuck it, I'll keep watching. Still not rating till ep 3 though, that's my way of things.

I somehow get the feeling that this is similar to Wagatsuma-san, so now I have Runner by Bakufu Slump playing in my head. I look forward to more.
Oct 4, 2020 1:09 AM

Mar 2014
yup its confirmed that this anime is not for singles to watch.
Oct 4, 2020 2:34 AM

Dec 2009
Hmmm. It seems like bullshit to me, never read the manga though. I was (and still is) expecting some twist to happen, I assume there's something fishy going on with the girl... Turning out the she's a guy (haha), or an alien, or some supernatural being... I would be very very surprised if she is someone normal.

Kkhmm. Anyway, I look forward to some twist to happen in the next episode!
Oct 4, 2020 2:39 AM

Aug 2020
I have high hopes for this, though the first episode presented a lot of plot holes but it's just the first episode. It looks promising.
Oct 4, 2020 4:19 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Xesty17 said:
Truck- kun be like
Mission failed, we'll get em next time

Truck-kun tried it's best to isekai the MC, but failed miserably :P Now, the other world is missing the hero to be saved. That means the demon king will destroy it.

We have to blame MC for the choice not to get isekaied :P
Oct 4, 2020 4:28 AM

Dec 2010
1. HATA KENJIROU IS BACKKKKKK
2. AKARIIIIIIIN
3. SUMIPEEEEEE
4. Truck-kun failed....

So much enjoyment so far with this. It's really like watching HayatexHinagiku.
Oct 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Nov 2015
Certainly an intriguing beginning. Normally the characters screw around for ages figuring out that their feelings are mutual. Here, it's happening first thing; zero to the moon in the first episode.

It will be interesting to see where their journey may take them. For now at least, I think I'll ride along.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Oct 4, 2020 4:52 AM

Sep 2009
Forgetting the fact that he confessed his love after exchanging maybe 5 words with her.... Yeah, seems like it'll be a funny turn off your brain, "meh" comedy kind of show.

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Oct 4, 2020 5:26 AM
Feb 2020
The first episode was totally fine, but I think the pacing was too fast or is it just me?
Oct 4, 2020 5:31 AM

May 2018
ok I did not like that OP but I loved how they got married in the first episode lol
Oct 4, 2020 5:32 AM

May 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Xesty17 said:
Truck- kun be like

Truck-kun tried it's best to isekai the MC, but failed miserably :P Now, the other world is missing the hero to be saved. That means the demon king will destroy it.

How can we blame him when the girl is Tonikaku Kawaii!!
Oct 4, 2020 5:35 AM
Oct 2020
As a manga reader, I think that the pacing is alright since it has been faithful to the manga and there are only minor changes but not really. If you read the manga it's the same for the anime so I don't have a problem when it comes to it's pacing, though I do agree that it's quite fast. Still like the anime though and I can't wait for more on hopes of it not failing!
Oct 4, 2020 6:36 AM

Jan 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Loved the first episode. So freaking cute I was squealing like a girl for most of it. Banger OP and banger ED. It’s nice to have a couple be together from the start and see their growth as opposed to the playing games, running around in circles usual romance anime. I’ll have to check out the manga.

The op feels like those remix you find on yt on 3am
Oct 4, 2020 7:55 AM

Mar 2016
Good episode, but did the coat part inside the booth exist in the manga cause I can't remember. The opening is OK......isshh. Yuzaki's VA wasn't matching to his personality for me for some reason.
Oct 4, 2020 8:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This was such an out of a box experience when I was the first reading, I recalled think multiple times there was something wrong going on, or he was about to be scammed or something, it is such an odd situation after all.

The manga did indeed defy and surpassed my expectations at the time and it just becomes genuinely adorable as hell, if Hell had anything cute about it.
KAWAII!!

Hope the anime makes success and more people are brought to it, it is from Hayate's mangaka, after all, so I expect that to have some weight, plus the manga swiftly avoided many of the mistakes that that manga had, I mean you get romance development right away, no one is misleading you, you got pure doki-doki moments and lots of great comedy, for me it was an evolution over his previous work and was great to see himself going for something like this.
Oct 4, 2020 10:00 AM

Mar 2010
What a fucking mad lad a chad among chads the dude didn't hesitate chasing after the pussy my fedora can't be tipped enough to show the magnitude of respect.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2020 10:00 AM

Mar 2019
before I knew it I was into the show . It's really interesting. Looking forward

Oct 4, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2018
Thought the OP would be some typical slow rom-com song backed by some generic guitar. Got so surprised at that banger of an OP!

As for the episode, it was pure fluff. I don't think I have ever smiled so much watching an anime. I smiled so long my face hurts.
Oct 4, 2020 10:33 AM
Apr 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Xesty17 said:
Truck- kun be like

Not necessarily, Maybe Truck-kun has acquired a new power: Waifu Maker.
the previous powers are Isekai, Immortal Maker (Ajin), and Zombie Maker (Zombieland Saga).
Oct 4, 2020 10:36 AM

Jun 2020
The opening was obviously the hl of the anime so far. You don't see a lot of edm openings in anime; let alone a rather catchy one with a filthy af drop.

my anime/manga list

Oct 4, 2020 12:00 PM

Feb 2020
Rhis kind of show isn't my cup of tea... And this episode didn't really make me change my mind.
But I'm willing to try a few other episodes ! I'm not that fond of Tsukasa (who happens to remind me a lot of Zero Two, which made it pretty fun when she called Nasa "Darling"), but Nasa is such a fun character, he makes me want to keep watching for now.
Oct 4, 2020 12:48 PM
May 2020
The first episode was weird, but it's also kinda funny, so I'm gonna stick to it and so what couple those two are going to become. I honestly wanna know what kind of thoughts Tsukasa had choosing to marry a guy she never met before, but they're cute together, so it will be fun.

Also I'm really content with this season so far as there are already three anime I like and winter will also bring some great anime back, so it's only gonna get better<3
Oct 4, 2020 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
Premise sounded like another "loser gets cute girl" title. Surprisingly this guy is actually pretty cool (despite his looks...). Comedy was also decent. I didn't expect much from this anime, so it's a nice surprise.
Oct 4, 2020 1:02 PM
Oct 2018
SatouMatsuzaka said:
I have a theory but it's sad:

Tsukasa is an angel sent to him right before he was destined to die. She is somehow keeping him alive as long as she can so he can enjoy what a married life is like before his time comes to pass on.

Or I'm just reading too much into it and this is just a straight forward romcom.

I'm not a manga reader either but I felt the aftermath of the Truck-kun scene seemed really weird. She said she stepped in front of the truck to save him and she isn't hurt at all. So were they both Isekai'd? Or maybe what you said. I think there's more going on than he thinks, but I'm not going to sweat it, just enjoy seeing where this goes.
Oct 4, 2020 1:43 PM
Feb 2018
Marinate1016 said:
It’s nice to have a couple be together from the start and see their growth as opposed to the playing games, running around in circles usual romance anime.

Solid yes and amen to this. I will say it’s testing my suspension of disbelief a bit though due to multiple surreal development points. Hopefully that’ll just translate into questions answered later, namely: why would she propose and agree to all of this suddenly? Is she a psycho or just awkward with a backstory that will clear up the seemingly rash decisionmaking that lead her to this point.

(I hone in on the female lead cause Nasa being a young and desperate adult male makes at least some sense to me that he’d respond this way)
Oct 4, 2020 1:46 PM

Apr 2018
Wow-what a banger of a first ep. Really liked how they did with the first ep. To be honest I thought this would be a generic love story, with games and beating around the bush. Its a nice change to see how they would grow as with each other after getting married. The op and end song are fire as well.
Oct 4, 2020 1:52 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
I don't really believe in the love at first sight stuff, but hey, this is an anime, so who cares? It's cute and that's what matters. Although I also don't believe that Tsukasa is in love with Nasa at this point, it seems that she just wanted a nice person to get married with, anyone would do, but then she will gradually fall in love with him too. Although I was surprised to find out that Tsukasa is younger than him, she is so much more mature! I wonder what's her background...
Oct 4, 2020 1:59 PM

Dec 2018
This anime is so wholesome and funny. Finally some quality uncensored hand holding as well. Not to mention Truck-kun failed to isekai this chad because he had the power of love by his side to go after the girl, this dude is a real chad.
Oct 4, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
A fine first episode. So, is she immortal, isn’t she?
Oct 4, 2020 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
Not surprised by some people reaction here, the premise without a doubt was absurd and everyone agreed back then. We still just tuned in and enjoyed the wholesomeness of the manga lol.

Only thing I have to say about this adaptation is that dang that OP is lit, after catching up with the manga just yesterday I have to say it hit me hard.
Oct 4, 2020 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
I don't remember this series being anything but cute. The OP was pretty nice, didn't expect to hear Yunomi music.
Oct 4, 2020 2:27 PM

Mar 2017
I'm so happy that this is now an anime! This first episode was just perfect with all the sweet and comedic moments. I love how book-smart Nasa is yet he's so damn clumsy haha And Tsukasa-chan... she's sooooo adorable!

I can't wait for next week's episode and the beginning of their married life!

Looks like Junya Enoki is looking to dominate this season with his roles as Nasa & Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Oct 4, 2020 3:59 PM
Dec 2017
the opening is so good! very cute first ep, can't wait for next week
Oct 4, 2020 4:58 PM
Apr 2012
Anik00712 said:
before I knew it I was into the show . It's really interesting. Looking forward

My entire feelings towards this anime
Oct 4, 2020 5:53 PM
Sep 2016
SeinenJump said:
Marinate1016 said:
It’s nice to have a couple be together from the start and see their growth as opposed to the playing games, running around in circles usual romance anime.

Solid yes and amen to this. I will say it’s testing my suspension of disbelief a bit though due to multiple surreal development points. Hopefully that’ll just translate into questions answered later, namely: why would she propose and agree to all of this suddenly? Is she a psycho or just awkward with a backstory that will clear up the seemingly rash decisionmaking that lead her to this point.

(I hone in on the female lead cause Nasa being a young and desperate adult male makes at least some sense to me that he’d respond this way)

It will be revealed by chapter 99 of the manga though, I don't think the anime will catch up to that point, unless they skip chapters made it as the season's ending. If you want a spoiler-free answers though, let's just say that Tsukasa is a 5headed girl and her reason for marrying Nasa is as simple yet logical as you'd expect.
Oct 4, 2020 6:24 PM
Jun 2014
Bummed they won’t be cuddling next episode but looks to be a very sweet series
Oct 4, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2018
I have no idea if I should take this anime seriously or lightly. The plot armor of the MC is too strong. The path to marriage is definitely not easy, but in this one it looks like it is.

Truck-kun also makes a special appearance here.

Also, I think this anime is definitely sponsored by the Japanese Government. Jk.

Looking forward to the further episodes.
Oct 4, 2020 8:06 PM

Apr 2014
I kinda hate this show's art style. Like a lot.
Oct 4, 2020 10:00 PM
Aug 2019
I'm reading the manga (a week feels like eternity) and I forgot all about how they met. Ngl, the beginning is kinda cliche and cringey, but it gets so wholesome that I had to keep reading. High hopes for the anime.
Oct 5, 2020 1:11 AM
Jan 2017
I really love the manga..for some reason I cringed watching 1st episode..I am sorry but I didn't like the Voice Acting at all..hopefully I will get used to it.
Oct 5, 2020 1:44 AM
Jun 2020
<3 Love more Post-Romance
Oct 5, 2020 2:52 AM

Jun 2020
Whut. Pretty cute first episode & likeable characters but who does that getting married to a complete stranger. Tsukasa is so mysterious! Getting alien vibes lolollllll also love the Kaguya-hime allusions & how the moon was in frame when she walks away. How lovely!

Also that entire bit with all the information of the ward office & registering marriages - that was a lot of info it almost seemed like a commercial by the government lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 5, 2020 3:44 AM

May 2009
looooool this is so ridiculous, but at the same time it will be great seeing how things will take off from now. It is definitely an original concept. Count me in for now!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 5, 2020 3:48 AM
Aug 2020
Well it looks fine but the character design is a meh.
Oct 5, 2020 6:07 AM

Aug 2018
Hum, he surely doesn't look like an 18 year-old guy but why not

That was cute at least, marriage never looked so easy
Oct 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Nov 2013
BEST OPENING OF THE YEAR, EASY :D

pretty fun first episode, let's see how it goes
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 5, 2020 9:59 AM

Jan 2020
I found it lame that they didn’t even have a ceremony of any sort. Why the bait thumbnail then 😒

Also, where the heck did Tsukasa go and why did she leave Nasa behind for so long? I was looking forward to this anime, but this wasn’t the start I was expecting nor hoping for. It’ll probably be funny and cute after this, but I didn’t like this beginning that much. I also didn’t like Tsukasa so hopefully she changes a bit, but Nasa seems like a nice and likeable character.
AnimillionOct 5, 2020 10:07 AM
Oct 5, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2017
lmaoo that cathcy OP is kinda out of place but I LOVE IT best anime op yet this season.

this anime is so wholesome I might like it. or I liked it already.
Oct 5, 2020 12:13 PM

Oct 2009
He missed the chance to get isekaied.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

225 by ShinigamiReichi »»
Today, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.