Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Most of the romcoms have an indecisive MC. Nasa went to the other extreme.

Oct 2, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2017
AdrianRubinsky said:
Most of the romcoms have an indecisive MC. Nasa went to the other extreme.

I don't think this a rom com at all. Reminds me of His and Her Circumstances or My Love Story where they get together quickly. I don't know if it will be as good never read source.
Oct 2, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2020
Nice op and I enjoyed watching it, Will most definitely be looking forward to next episode

Oct 2, 2020 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
This was so cute! I’m a sucker for romcoms like these haha.
"My god, jelly donuts are so scary." - Fujiwara no Mokou
Oct 2, 2020 1:05 PM
Dec 2019
finally i can cool my brain with this after it broke due to the cringeness of girlfriend for rental with its cringe ass mc
btw i loved the first episode
Oct 2, 2020 1:23 PM
Sep 2017
welp he got the girl lol

*roll credits*
Oct 2, 2020 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
Well, that was insufferable. Couldn't make it past the halfway point.
Oct 2, 2020 1:26 PM
Aug 2018
Whoever is judging this anime as a stupid show only after watching the first episode is missing on something great :)
Oct 2, 2020 1:53 PM

Oct 2012
Not sure if it was because I was expecting another twist in the end - that never came - I found it kinda dull. Hoping some charm and laughs are up ahead.
Oct 2, 2020 1:54 PM

Mar 2019
I love it already...so wholesome...already HANDHOLDING even. Well that's how you marry nowadays...where is my Truck-kun haha
Oct 2, 2020 1:57 PM
Nov 2019
Only manga guys will understand how much we love the animešŸ¤©šŸ¤©
Oct 2, 2020 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
I'm confused.....but it's fine cause I loved it. Great first episode putting the story in motion the opening song was epic. This is a promising show and I'm curious to where this marriage will lead!
Oct 2, 2020 2:01 PM
Oct 2017
That was an interesting episode... Kind of messy though LOL but in a way, i guess that kinda fits with its comedic element? It was alright im just wondering what route this show is going to take. I hope it's going to be good nonetheless. The visuals are oki. the opening was really catchy damn. I can see this becoming a forgettable rom-com show but I hope it will surprise me with its weird plot. I mean in a way its genius to just throw away the normal rom-com structure by just starting with marriage first.

Overall a 5/10 episode its fine lets see where this goes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 2:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
As far-fetched as this quick progression was, I just gotta say that these characters are awesome. I mean seriously how can you not love them both?

I haven't read the manga but that was a damn good way to start a romance show at least
Oct 2, 2020 2:08 PM

Jan 2016
I didn't imagine Nasa sounding like that reading the Manga but it grew on my quickly, they nailed Tsukasa!

The opening is an absolute banger! I'm having a hard time imagining something surpassing that!

With this and Horimiya next season, we're living the good life
Oct 2, 2020 2:13 PM

Dec 2014
well... I also want a girl who will marry me like that
Oct 2, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2018

This anime is pretty good so far. Can't wait for all the manipulation, shaming tactics and misunderstandings. See you next week I guess.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 2, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2020
The op is good. Truck-kun came in clutch for the dude. First episode impressions solid 6 out of 10 for me. I have no idea where this could go. Next episode should make this a 7 unless it’s a clusterfuck.
Oct 2, 2020 2:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The story is so weird... I don't really know what to think of this anime so far xD
Oct 2, 2020 2:41 PM

Sep 2020
Ok.

It was a bit weird in the beginning, but I think it'll be a fluffy SoL.

(and preparing my tears)

I didn't liked the OP.
Oct 2, 2020 2:45 PM

Sep 2019
niko_sb said:
Ok.

It was a bit weird in the beginning, but I think it'll be a fluffy SoL.

(and preparing my tears)
Oct 2, 2020 2:53 PM

Sep 2019
To the people who say this anime doesn’t make sense:
Yes it doesn’t but if you want to see the cutest couple ever, keep watching. You won’t be disappointed. This shows wholesomeness will be off the charts.
Oct 2, 2020 2:55 PM
Sep 2015
Did I just hear an EDM drop in the OP? šŸ˜†
Oct 2, 2020 2:59 PM

Apr 2011
Wow! This is so sweet and looks like it will be a very enjoyable experience.

Nasa earned my respect with how proactive he is. He is especially refreshing when you compare him to a wuss like Kazuya from last season.

The opening is awesome as well.
Oct 2, 2020 3:26 PM

Feb 2020
the first episode was so cute. i like how everything is so far - no complaints ((:

the op is really good too. i love how all the side characters were bopping up and down lmao
Oct 2, 2020 3:28 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I've got to say that it is a little weird hearing Kyouko's voice coming out of Tsukasa's mouth, but it's unique enough that I'll definitely get used to it. At this point, I'm predicting this show as being the best Crunchyroll original of the year (current holder being Kyouko Suiri.) Between this and Majo no Tabitabi it looks like we've got plenty of cute wholesome anime to go around (and the Higurashi remake for cute piece-full anime.)
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 2, 2020 3:30 PM
Jun 2013
This anime is so lewd. Holding hands with no shame like deviants.
Oct 2, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2019
That OP is pretty damn unique I must say.
Oct 2, 2020 4:04 PM

Mar 2015
With all the dithering that anime relationships do all too often it was SO refreshing to see one that got right to it even before the OP began!
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 2, 2020 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
8/10 episode 1 which was very fun, I've read the manga but I forgot how many chapters it was. Tsukasa is so cute, Nasa is really lucky, lmao.
Oct 2, 2020 4:20 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wasn't expecting a lot from this series, but holy shit this episode won me over. First of all the OP is amazing and catchy as hell. Second thing is that I like all the NASA/space references in this show. This show went out of its way to make fun of the isekai genre by having truck-kun run over the mc, but he barley survives after meeting the girl of his dreams.

This is a nice little rom-com and I can't wait to see more of it.
Oct 2, 2020 4:28 PM
Nov 2018
I have a theory but it's sad:

Tsukasa is an angel sent to him right before he was destined to die. She is somehow keeping him alive as long as she can so he can enjoy what a married life is like before his time comes to pass on.

Or I'm just reading too much into it and this is just a straight forward romcom.

Oct 2, 2020 4:31 PM

Jun 2020
Tsukasa is already a best girl of the season contender, I loved her.
Oct 2, 2020 4:41 PM

Apr 2012
she better be a vampire or else this is going to be more boring than a generic slice of life anime.
The only thing i was curious about is why she wanted to get married. I am guessing cose she needs money + Nasa seeing his bank savings was a hint towards that for me.
Oct 2, 2020 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
Xaralabos13 said:
she better be a vampire or else this is going to be more boring than a generic slice of life anime.
The only thing i was curious about is why she wanted to get married. I am guessing cose she needs money + Nasa seeing his bank savings was a hint towards that for me.
Nah man
she comes from a rich family
Oct 2, 2020 5:08 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah... Idk about this one chief. I can't get behind this premise. The characters are just too unbelievable. They build up Nasa's motivation all to have him completely throw it all away and dedicate his entire life to finding some random girl with supernatural, truck tanking abilities. Not to mention how nonsensical it is for her to start spewing facts about NASA. I mean give me a break. It would at least make sense if Nasa was the one to do research about NASA...

Right now my investment/interest in their relationship is a whopping 0/100, and I def won't be able to enjoy any of the "cuteness" if the show doesn't get me interested soon.
Oct 2, 2020 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
ProofByColor said:
Not to mention how nonsensical it is for her to start spewing facts about NASA. I mean give me a break. It would at least make sense if Nasa was the one to do research about NASA...
I mean she just says those things because Nasa was devaluing the name people have laughed at from his childhood

She says those things because she thinks his name is truly an amazing one to have and should be honoured
Oct 2, 2020 5:37 PM

Apr 2009

>Tachibana
Nice to see Wataru is doing well.

ProofByColor said:
Not to mention how nonsensical it is for her to start spewing facts about NASA.
I mean, considering that you yourself are aware of her supernatural ability to tank a truck head on, plus the not-so-subtle allusion to Princess Kaguya, it's pretty obvious that there's a strong theme about space going on here. Her spewing facts about NASA is less nonsensical and more foreshadowing the prominence about going to space and how it ties to her identity.
NilviusOct 2, 2020 5:47 PM
Oct 2, 2020 5:38 PM

May 2018
This looks interesting......

So, there a night desk for marriage registration, I wonder if that's true????

18 is still underage in Japan to get married???That age is already considered as and adult....
Oct 2, 2020 5:42 PM

Dec 2014
Absolutely fantastic. Easily the best new series starting of the season so far, not sure what else is gonna top this.

This is one of those rare shows where you love both the leads. Nasa's reactions are hilarious and the way he's just instantly changes in mind because of cuteness overload from Tsukasa is just so glorious. I laughed out loud many times during the whole show. On the other hand, Tsukasa is cool and adorable, interestingly the she plays the straight man here when it's normally the other way around.

Tons of cute, wholesome scenes. The romance itself has a very 'pure' air about it reminiscent of Tsuki ga Kirei. Once again, fantastic. I hope this atmosphere stay for the entirely of this show.
Oct 2, 2020 5:45 PM

Sep 2017
Deknijff said:
ProofByColor said:
Not to mention how nonsensical it is for her to start spewing facts about NASA. I mean give me a break. It would at least make sense if Nasa was the one to do research about NASA...
I mean she just says those things because Nasa was devaluing the name people have laughed at from his childhood

Sure but that is obviously not my point. The fact that she knew these obscure facts about NASA is incredibly random (not to mention convenient). Plus the dialogue made me feel like I was watching some NASA promotion about how great they are for beating Russia to the moon.
Oct 2, 2020 5:51 PM

Apr 2009
ProofByColor said:
is incredibly random (not to mention convenient).
It really isn't. Keep watching. As I said, it's pretty blatant foreshadowing for why she's actually knowledgeable about space related stuff.
Oct 2, 2020 5:51 PM

Sep 2017
Nilvius said:

>Tachibana
Nice to see Wataru is doing well.

ProofByColor said:
Not to mention how nonsensical it is for her to start spewing facts about NASA.
I mean, considering that you yourself are aware of her supernatural ability to tank a truck head on, plus the not-so-subtle allusion to Princess Kaguya, it's pretty obvious that there's a strong theme about space going on here. Her spewing facts about NASA is less nonsensical and more foreshadowing the prominence about going to space and how it ties to her identity.

I don't know shit all about the princess Kaguya story. If they mentioned that it was moon related in this episode then I'm sorry, but I missed it. ctrl+F on the princess Kaguya wikipedia for moon had several results. Ok so I concede that there is a space theme here, but that does not change how jarring the dialogue was. It made me feel like I was watching a NASA promotional video.
Oct 2, 2020 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
ehhh this is wholesome with no strings attached really?! looks up it's from the creator of Hayate this makes sense now at first i wondering why the character designs reminded me of We Never Learn.

is this the rare time a character lives from Truck-kun( also that was a big ass truck) and processed to say fuck that i gotta chase after this girl because shes cute NASA was seriously motivated

i support wholesome romcom's anyday
Oct 2, 2020 6:27 PM
Feb 2018
i have read the manga and it's very pleasure to see this great couple to be animated.
op is great and i fuckin love this anime
Oct 2, 2020 6:28 PM

Jun 2017
Maybe it's just me but as a non-manga reader the whole premise is kinda absurd. Anyway it seems Tsukasa will be a top tier waifu so I am giving it a chance.
Oct 2, 2020 6:32 PM

Nov 2017
Damn that OP was so catchy.
Haven't read the manga,so i wasn't sure what to expect from this,but it had me hooked from the word go!
Looking forward to the next ep,and hopefully grab the OP single when it comes out.
Oct 2, 2020 6:34 PM

Nov 2017
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
Nasa a chad, damn.

I COULDA GOT ISEKAI'D BUT FUCK THAT IMMA GO AFTER THIS CUTE GIRL

Truck-kun: Am I a joke to you?

Yeah,lets just hope Bench-kun doesn't show up or this is gonna go south REAL quick :)
Oct 2, 2020 6:50 PM

Dec 2010
Truck-kun failed so hard... didn't send the MC to isekai with a Harem, but ended up having him married best waifu in one ep...

TRUCK-KUN IS BEST WINGMAN, DON'T YOU FORGET THAT

Oct 2, 2020 6:59 PM
Feb 2012
why do the character designs have to look like some loli shit? it's honestly disgusting
I guess drawing adults like actual adults will drive away the fetishists
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

225 by ShinigamiReichi »»
Apr 16, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.