Forum Settings
Forums

'Edens Zero' TV Anime Unveils Staff, Cast, April 2021 Premiere

New
Sep 26, 2020 7:02 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Edens Zero Game & Anime panel at this year's Tokyo Game Show Online event announced staff, cast, and a teaser visual (pictured) for the television anime on Saturday. The anime series will air on NTV beginning April 2021.

Staff
Chief Director: Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon)
Director: Yuushi Suzuki (Fairy Tail: Final Series episode director)
Series Composition, Script: Mitsutaka Hirota (Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama, Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa)
Character Design: Yurika Sako (Satsuriku no Tenshi animation director, Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS key animation)
Studio: J.C.Staff

Cast
Shiki Granbell: Takuma Terashima (Blood Lad)
The boy who lived together with machines on Planet Granbell. He can manipulate gravity with his Ether Gear, flying around freely. Brought along by Rebecca, they fly out into space. With his initial goal of making 100 friends, together with Rebecca he sets out to find "Mother," starting their adventure.

Rebecca Bluegarden: Mikako Komatsu (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)
The girl who works as a "B-Cuber," an online video streamer. Her videos are badly rated and viewer count is sluggish. She is an adventurer registered in the guild but was rather reclusive up until recently, playing video games at home. While her online rank is low, she boasts high shooting skills because of her excellent kinetic visual acuity acquired through these games. If you give her a gun, she will easily decide things with a headshot.

Happy: Rie Kugimiya (ēlDLIVE)
Rebecca's friend, her partner cat. Lost its life when Rebecca was very young but with the help of Professor Weisz was completely mechanized and revived as an android. Is a B-Cuber together with Rebecca on their "Aoneko Channel." Can also transform into the "Happy Blaster."

Edens Zero adapts Hiro Mashima's adventure fantasy manga, which he began serializing in Weekly Shounen Magazine in June 2018. Kodansha published the 11th volume on August 17, with the 12th volume planned for release on October 16.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English and simulpublishes it with the Japanese release on Crunchyroll Manga, ComiXology, and Kindle. The ninth volume went on sale on September 15.

Official site: https://edens-zero.net/
Official Twitter: @EDENSZERO_PJ

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotSep 26, 2020 8:32 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2020 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
Man all these new shounen coming out looking exactly like the original is kind of disappointing honestly.
Sep 26, 2020 7:13 AM
Apr 2018
The characters look exactly like Fairy Tail's, except we have black haired Natsu. This is just....bad.
Sep 26, 2020 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
same face syndrome is normal for mangakas dude

im excited for this one of the guilty pleasure manga i am reading and its better written than Fairy Tail imo aside from ye the usual sexual ecchi fanservice it has that i know people will hate but not me i like those kind of fanservice

JC Staff seems to be not overloaded with anime works next year too so they can give enough resources (time and talent) for this too if they wish

Aoki the rising ace key animator that did One Punch Man season 2 is working on this one too
Sep 26, 2020 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
Wow JC staff eh, hope we dun see a Index 3 and they do a Railgun instead.

As for cast wow Shiroe's voice actor as Shiki and Mikako as Rebecca, that's great.
Sep 26, 2020 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
J.C.Staff is the last name I'm sure people want to hear lol

Even if I wasn't already familiar with the source, I would still pick this up for Mikakoshi. Too good to be true that she's Rebecca.

Sep 26, 2020 8:46 AM
May 2015
Why does this look like Fairy Tail? Like I get the whole "same face syndrome" thing but blondie looks exactly the same as Lucy. Not almost the same....EXACTLY the same.

Sep 26, 2020 8:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
No wonder why J.C. Staff haven't been picking new anime series en masse lately, xD.

I addressed the self-plagiarism bit last time so I won't bring that up again now. Got to say, the Key Visual looks pretty nice though.

Here's to hoping this won't turn out to fall like Fairy Tail did.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 26, 2020 8:59 AM

Apr 2012
Who read the manga? Should I watch this if I liked the first arcs of Fairy Tail, but then I just got bored and forgot about it?
Sep 26, 2020 9:21 AM

Dec 2017
Hopefully JC does a good job on this, I like the studio so I don't mind that they are adapting it. Plus JC Staff adapts a lot of their shows to completion so that would be nice if they adapt it all, once the manga finishes. I was hoping it would be long running though so the chances are lowered.

RobertBobert said:
Who read the manga? Should I watch this if I liked the first arcs of Fairy Tail, but then I just got bored and forgot about it?

Yeah, you should try it. It's pretty fun right now and the pacing is very nice. It's not slow or anything and because of that I don't get bored of reading it so I think you might enjoy it. If they keep the pacing like the manga's it will be enjoyable too hopefully.

happyfacecoolSep 26, 2020 9:30 AM
Sep 26, 2020 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Edens Zero will have console and mobile game too

here is it for consoles and maybe PC too since its Unreal Engine

Sep 26, 2020 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
Time for fairy tail 2 electric boogaloo
_______I like rocks__
Sep 26, 2020 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
happyfacecool said:
Hopefully JC does a good job on this, I like the studio so I don't mind that they are adapting it. Plus JC Staff adapts a lot of their shows to completion so that would be nice if they adapt it all, once the manga finishes. I was hoping it would be long running though so the chances are lowered.

RobertBobert said:

Yeah, you should try it. It's pretty fun right now and the pacing is very nice. It's not slow or anything and because of that I don't get bored of reading it so I think you might enjoy it. If they keep the pacing like the manga's it will be enjoyable too hopefully.

Is this going to be a new long shonen like Hiro's past work? Or is it just a fun adventure manga for now?
Sep 26, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2016
Fairy Tail v2 is coming
Sep 26, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2017
RobertBobert said:
happyfacecool said:

Is this going to be a new long shonen like Hiro's past work? Or is it just a fun adventure manga for now?

Right now it's the characters going on a space adventure. It might go down the way like Fairy Tail though (still has a lot of the fights similar to Fairy Tail however), the author said that he wants it to be longer than Rave Master but shorter than Fairy Tail, but as 100 chapters are out right now I can say its a fun adventure type manga rn.
Sep 26, 2020 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
happyfacecool said:
RobertBobert said:

Right now it's the characters going on a space adventure. It might go down the way like Fairy Tail though (still has a lot of the fights similar to Fairy Tail however), the author said that he wants it to be longer than Rave Master but shorter than Fairy Tail, but as 100 chapters are out right now I can say its a fun adventure type manga rn.

I'm not a big fan of space, especially since I just finished the more serious and scientific Planetes, but if that gives me enough vibes of classic shonen, then I don't mind. Moreover, if I remember correctly, Rie already voiced the other cat in FT?
Sep 26, 2020 10:53 AM
Dec 2013
Disappointed that it's not going to a studio that does long-running anime. Still looking forward to it, though.
Sep 26, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
Is Happy the same character as the one from Fairy Tail or the author just was lazy?

Sep 26, 2020 11:23 AM
Nov 2019
I was excited about this because I liked the manga, but then I read JC Staff and all my hype died.
Sep 26, 2020 11:47 AM

Aug 2012
J.C.Staff... great...
Sep 26, 2020 11:57 AM

May 2019
How many episodes will this be?
Sep 26, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2009
HyruleanKnight said:
The characters look exactly like Fairy Tail's, except we have black haired Natsu. This is just....bad.

FT at the beginning looked like Rave
Sep 26, 2020 12:34 PM
Jan 2016
the lack of intelligence from the hiro mashima haters never ceases to amaze me
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 26, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
I read like the first 8 chapters then fell off so maybe now is a good time to get back into it lol.

I swear I would have laughed my ass off if they just got the same VAs for Natsu and Lucy to voice Shiki and Rebecca xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 26, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2015
if it isnt the Fairy Tail but scifi... Damn, looks like a the manga has already reached tons of vols, I do hope it's not gonna be a long running shounen.
Sep 26, 2020 1:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I never got pass the first couple chapters of the manga, so maybe the anime adaptation will change my mind.
Sep 26, 2020 2:08 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Reading FT was such an awful experience to me that it made me taking a break from reading in general. I'll probably fully get into reading Edens Zero soon and hope its not as bad so i can be somewhat interested in the anime adaptation. At the very least it'll have some hot girls.
Sep 26, 2020 2:25 PM

Aug 2015
Fairy Tail is terrible, but its first three arcs are enjoyable. This is even worse because I haven´t seen a single person defending it.

Also JC, I mean you could have been adapted by Deen instead, so they didn´t got the worst one.
Sep 26, 2020 2:50 PM
May 2016
deg said:
same face syndrome is normal for mangakas dude

im excited for this one of the guilty pleasure manga i am reading and its better written than Fairy Tail imo aside from ye the usual sexual ecchi fanservice it has that i know people will hate but not me i like those kind of fanservice

JC Staff seems to be not overloaded with anime works next year too so they can give enough resources (time and talent) for this too if they wish

Aoki the rising ace key animator that did One Punch Man season 2 is working on this one too

yeah, I mean just look at the works of Dragon Ball's writer, a lot of his characters look pretty simiilar too
Sep 26, 2020 2:51 PM
May 2016
Pakumen- said:
Fairy Tail is terrible, but its first three arcs are enjoyable. This is even worse because I haven´t seen a single person defending it.

Also JC, I mean you could have been adapted by Deen instead, so they didn´t got the worst one.

Eden's Zero is a pretty decent series that improves on the issues of Fairy Tail
Sep 26, 2020 2:55 PM
May 2016
love the voice pick for Rebecca, mostly because I loved Mikako Komatsu as Yume.

I hope J.C. Staff can do great work with this one, they've been shown to know what their doing with the right time and budget.

I hope it's only a two cour series instead of a long runner though, maybe just give it multiple seasons, that's what I'd prefer
Sep 26, 2020 3:06 PM
May 2016
Ionliosite said:
I was excited about this because I liked the manga, but then I read JC Staff and all my hype died.

J.C. Staff has actually done some great work. They've done well with To Aru spin offs, the animation for Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a dungeon is good, the konosuba movie looked good, Nobari no ou looked good,
WIXOSS
Heavy Object
Toradora
Golden Time
Shakugan no Shana
Ano natsu de matteru
Amanchu
Bakumon
Children of the whales
Their animation has never been amazing, but it's only ever been bad when the studio is rushed or lacking in budget
Sep 26, 2020 6:49 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Happy? What the fuck? Like how Plue came from Rave Master to Fairy Tail? Holy shit. I'm guessing they're somehow a different character, like Fairy Tail Plue is as well. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2020 9:54 PM
Mar 2018
I read the manga when it started and it is an ok series. However, I think we are too old for shounen now. Not excited for this anime at all.
Sep 26, 2020 9:56 PM
Mar 2018
Piromysl said:
Is Happy the same character as the one from Fairy Tail or the author just was lazy?
In this happy is a robot. It came from the planet named similar to what their species is called in fairytail, at least thats what I remember from the manga.
Sep 27, 2020 1:09 AM

Dec 2016
I guess I'll watch it to pass time. Dropped the manga cause the plot of different planets really didn't interest me.

Everyone talking about same face syndrome, Hiro Mashima has the severe “same face syndrome” it's not surprising to me.

Couldn't stop my laugh after seeing JC Staff but then again I don't really care, this one wouldn't leave that kind of impact like how Fairy Tail left. To me it's just gonna be a long running anime on the side.

Would have been better if they just adapted the Fairy Tail 100 year quest. Would enjoy it just for the nostalgia.

I'm happy that Komatsu Mikako will be voicing Rebecca. Will watch it only to hear her cute voice.
Rickydory123Sep 27, 2020 1:13 AM
Sep 27, 2020 1:56 AM
Apr 2020
Rie Kyugumiya voicing Happy, AGAIN. Star of the J.C Staff for a reason.
Sep 27, 2020 3:15 AM
Jun 2020
jc9622 said:
Why does this look like Fairy Tail? Like I get the whole "same face syndrome" thing but blondie looks exactly the same as Lucy. Not almost the same....EXACTLY the same.
and the other character is Gray as kid.

Finally our so long awaited ship has been finally sailed. Alleluia!
Sep 28, 2020 2:41 PM
Nov 2018

is it me or Rebecca is significantly more thicc here than in the manga? i love the booty upgrade 😁
Sep 29, 2020 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
Pass. Easy.

After the disappointments who were Bleach and Fairy Tail, I sweared to never again read a long running battle shounen.

Why waste time reading something with 300+ chapters who can turn bad (and likely will...) when you can read multiple sm0l mangas who stay consistent on his themes and charc development?

And I have the fellings this is gonna be Boruto level of milking nostalgia, with lowest possible effort.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 29, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2015
desmondlogan said:

is it me or Rebecca is significantly more thicc here than in the manga? i love the booty upgrade 😁

Hi Lucy! You in space now ?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 2, 2020 11:22 AM
Nov 2019
NG_Chloe said:
Ionliosite said:

J.C. Staff has actually done some great work. They've done well with To Aru spin offs, the animation for Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a dungeon is good, the konosuba movie looked good, Nobari no ou looked good,
WIXOSS
Heavy Object
Toradora
Golden Time
Shakugan no Shana
Ano natsu de matteru
Amanchu
Bakumon
Children of the whales
Their animation has never been amazing, but it's only ever been bad when the studio is rushed or lacking in budget

The fact I don't even know what most of those are, in addition to the ones I do know (bar KonoSuba) are anime I don't even like, your point is moot to me.
Oct 2, 2020 1:47 PM
May 2016
Fabris said:
Pass. Easy.

After the disappointments who were Bleach and Fairy Tail, I sweared to never again read a long running battle shounen.

Why waste time reading something with 300+ chapters who can turn bad (and likely will...) when you can read multiple sm0l mangas who stay consistent on his themes and charc development?

And I have the fellings this is gonna be Boruto level of milking nostalgia, with lowest possible effort.

It seems like your just reading the wrong long running Shonen
Oct 2, 2020 1:50 PM
May 2016
Ionliosite said:
NG_Chloe said:

WIXOSS
Heavy Object
Toradora
Golden Time
Shakugan no Shana
Ano natsu de matteru
Amanchu
Bakumon
Children of the whales

The fact I don't even know what most of those are, in addition to the ones I do know (bar KonoSuba) are anime I don't even like, your point is moot to me.

In that case, you could look into them. They're all on MAL and they're all readily available.
Oct 2, 2020 1:51 PM
May 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
desmondlogan said:

Hi Lucy! You in space now ?

She resembles Lucy, except the changes are small enough to make her actualot attractive
Oct 2, 2020 6:04 PM

Mar 2014
NG_Chloe said:
Fabris said:
Pass. Easy.

It seems like your just reading the wrong long running Shonen

Nah, aside from HiatusXHiatus, Samurai Troopers, Yu Yu Hakusho and FMAB, they all either started good and got bad, or just are kinda bad from the begining.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 4, 2020 9:39 PM
Oct 2020
If satomi sato and tomoaki maeno join this cast, it will be husband wife reunion and rie kugimiya will shock after she know that they're married in real life
Oct 5, 2020 3:33 AM

Nov 2016
For those who are still snubbing this series, it's not very different than Fairy Tail, but it is better:

The world (universe) is quite vast and eccentric
The series has a darker tone than FT
It has fewer characters but they are more lovable
Superpowers have a better concept than simple magic
The protagonist is all the time in search of his main objective
The author said he had the series planned from start to finish

PS: The voice actors are perfect !!
Oct 5, 2020 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
I love the guy doing the music for this series, so there is that.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 7, 2020 1:38 AM
Jul 2020
Wtf Happy what're you doin there!

Looks like future/modern Fairy Tail but set in space, that looks like space ship or boat. Hiro Mashima is really inspired from Oda and his One Piece. Let's hope this Mashima work, shows for the final time a grandiose adventure like One Piece.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.