Forum Settings
Forums

'Sword Art Online: Progressive' Light Novel Gets Anime Project

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2020 3:00 AM
Mar 2020
YAY, I can my fill of kirisuna moments here, all the other season barely had any and it makes me sad. Because wow does sao love adding new female characters into the harem. Is it to hype it up or something? Please tell me why does the author love adding new female leads. Anyway kirisuna moments were most prominent in the aincrad arc and ordinal scale arc. So SAO progressive please save me.
Sep 20, 2020 5:15 AM

Sep 2019
Awesome news, can´t wait to see the anime version of Kizmel!

Piromysl said:
NG_Chloe said:

It's only a floor by floor of the Aincrad arc

It's kinda understandable, because SAO has such a huge fanbase just because Aincard arc, which was the first arc, was phenomenal, but after that everything was awful with the exception of first half of Alicization.

Retelling everything step by step and filling all plot holes that were present in the adaptation will definitely be beneficial.
The worst one was probably the timeskip after ep 4, if I remember correctly, when Kirito and Asuna suddenly went from borderline strangers to perfect lovey-dovey couple in like one episode and we didn't even see this relationship develop.
I hope this reboot will fix that because this ship is definetely the worst written I have ever seen in any anime ever as it is.

Agreed, that was the weakest part of the Aincrad story arc by far.
GottaBangEmAllSep 20, 2020 5:22 AM
Sep 20, 2020 5:59 AM
Apr 2011
NG_Chloe said:
Piromysl said:
Is this some kind of reboot or what?
Don't know how to feel about seeing once again amazing Aincard arc followed by such garbage.

kinda understandable, because SAO has such a huge fanbase just because Aincard arc, which was the first arc, was phenomenal, but after that everything was awful with the exception of first half of Alicization.

Its Retelling everything step by step and filling all plot holes that were present in the adaptation will definitely be beneficial.
The worst one was probably the timeskip after ep 4, if I remember correctly, when Kirito and Asuna suddenly went from borderline strangers to perfect lovey-dovey couple in like one episode and we didn't even see this relationship develop.
I hope this reboot will fix that because this ship is definetely the worst written I have ever seen in any anime ever as it is.

couldnt agree more with this comment. I saw so much promise in ep 1 and next thing i knew he was on floor 50 which threw me off. Was also confused y they rushed aincrad for the fairy cousin arc (imo worst arc ) I still watched sao but always thought it was average at best and the only time i really feel like i enjoyed the series was when kirito was in a coma and alice took over the mc role. Over all the writing/pacing was always terrible
yopster89Sep 20, 2020 6:06 AM
Sep 20, 2020 6:07 AM

Dec 2010
Progressive might very well be the only good thing to come out of this franchise, but then again I've only read some parts of the manga and a large reason for it's greatness was the Tawawa artist breathing some life into it.
The anime certainly won't be using the manga designs and will be closer to the LN so I'll keep my expectations low.
Sep 20, 2020 6:35 AM

Nov 2017
I'm so excited for the Progressive reboot!
ElyshionOct 10, 2020 2:50 AM
Sep 20, 2020 7:57 AM

Feb 2020
The new Xenoblade Chronicles is looking great
Sep 20, 2020 8:23 AM

Jun 2016
Is this like the dbz kai of SAO?
Sep 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Sep 2017
heard a lot of good things from this reboot, looking forward to it
Sep 20, 2020 10:30 AM

May 2008
Nemesis16 said:
Haou-Judai said:
Another trash for this series. I mean why they don't let this series die already?

They should adapt series that deserve it not trash like this one.

I don't know what are you talking abouth but the only watch able part of this trash is GGO. SAO first season a big piece of shit. Rest after GGO is also bad... so bad...

Asuna is the main character of this shit? It can be even worst then i image.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Because, surprise, SAO is extremely popular and entertainment is made to get money, including anime adaptations. And, SAO is a LN that still continues to this day, have spin-offs and also a separate series like Progressive.

" extremely popular" aka extremly overated by newbies and people who only watch it because it's popular. So mostly people without own taste.(Also maybe lot of Otaku in japan who are living in hes mother basement. :P)
Sep 20, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2008
Adnash93 said:
@Haou-Judai, harsh words, though I can't say I don't partially agree with them; however, apparently SAO is still popular enough to have a lot of anime continuations. If it was not a profitable franchise, then it wouldn't get next anime adaptations of Visual Novels.

I know that but it's still sad thing. They make trash just because lot of people have shitty taste.
Sep 20, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2008
Nanaca said:
Haou-Judai said:

I don't know what are you talking abouth but the only watch able part of this trash is GGO. SAO first season a big piece of shit. Rest after GGO is also bad... so bad...

GGO is that part of SAO secretly created to make Kawahara's scribbles look good in comparison, and its anime adaptation sure does the original justice. It's watchable, true, but that's about the most flattering description it commands.

Atrleast GGo can description as watchable. Not like the orther arc that i only can description with bad words.
Sep 20, 2020 10:50 AM

May 2008
Zakkon said:
Haou-Judai said:

Aikatsu: It's a Great Series... it was a really good Merchandise and Marketing Anime. (One of the best)

SAO: Shitty harem anime with generic op MC, bad writed story and characters...

Aikatsu: unknown trashy idol series really bad merchandise and marketing (one of the worst)

SAO: Its an amazing series it has really good merchandise with lots to choose from and is loved by many, story has some flaws but what story doesn't? great characters :3

You didin't even watch Aikatsu and call it trash... i atleast watched first 2 season of SAO. So i know lot of thing about this piece of shit.

Well i watched your list.. and i already see your have bad taste...you just only give high score for popular hype things. Not mention You give low score for lot of great series... criminal..
Sep 20, 2020 11:33 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Haou-Judai said:
Nemesis16 said:

Because, surprise, SAO is extremely popular and entertainment is made to get money, including anime adaptations. And, SAO is a LN that still continues to this day, have spin-offs and also a separate series like Progressive.

" extremely popular" aka extremly overated by newbies and people who only watch it because it's popular. So mostly people without own taste.(Also maybe lot of Otaku in japan who are living in hes mother basement. :P)

Sorry to break it to you, but it gets more seasons because japanese anime fans want it, also people like us have no say on which anime gets another season, whether you like it or not. Also, I'm pretty sure there are also a good chunk of aikatsu fans in japan living in their mom's basement LUL.

"Well i watched your list.. and i already see your have bad taste...you just only give high score for popular hype things. Not mention You give low score for lot of great series... criminal.."
It's his list, not yours, he can give whatever rating to any anime he watches. Not everyone has the same taste in anime as you, get over it.

And the aikatsu comment was probably made to show how dumb you sound omegaLUL.
Sep 20, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2008
TohsakaDM said:
Haou-Judai said:

Sorry to break it to you, but it gets more seasons because japanese anime fans want it, also people like us have no say on which anime gets another season, whether you like it or not. Also, I'm pretty sure there are also a good chunk of aikatsu fans in japan living in their mom's basement LUL.

"Well i watched your list.. and i already see your have bad taste...you just only give high score for popular hype things. Not mention You give low score for lot of great series... criminal.."
It's his list, not yours, he can give whatever rating to any anime he watches. Not everyone has the same taste in anime as you, get over it.

And the aikatsu comment was probably made to show how dumb you sound omegaLUL.

Not me is the one who start talking about Aikatsu. I basiclly don't get why that guy mention Aikatsu after i call SAO trash. There is no any reason.

Aikatsu is a marketing anime for a arcade rhythm game. Anime version is have original story.
Sao is adaptation of a bad generic light novel. So it's pointless to compare those.

Also yes it's he's list so he can give any score for a shitty anime they want but that dosent mean i can't call hes taste bad or can't have an opinion of his taste . Especially when he give high score for something that really horrible (Like giving 7/10 for shit like White Album but give 6/10 for a masterpiece like Clannad..) I don't say he should like everything i like. But atleast he need some common sense.

BTW he call Aikastu bad without even watch it... so why should i respect hes opinion?
Sep 20, 2020 1:50 PM
May 2016
Meusnier said:
The writer said that he will keep writing Progressive until he dies, so we will be "blessed" with a long-running shounen worse than One Piece. What is even the point when we know how it ends? The journey you say? Playing a hundred of levels of a video game sounds very repetitive; I cannot see the story not becoming bland at some point.

I don't know, we generally know how most series end, we just don't get confirmation until the end
Sep 20, 2020 1:54 PM
May 2016
JChap_97 said:
Is this like the dbz kai of SAO?

The writer basically went back and started writing Aincrad floor by floor, using the improvements he's made to his writing over the years
Sep 20, 2020 2:04 PM
May 2016
ashleourke20 said:
I can not wait for this, but I wonder how long will it go and how many episodes can they get out of 6 books, either way will be fun just wish I knew when it is coming.

I think they'll likely only adapt the first 2 or 4 into 12 or 24 episodes. The 1st 4 volumes covers the first 5 floors, while the first 2 volumes cover the first 3 floors.

SAO with exception of the first season of Alicization, has generally gotten half a cour(roughly 6 episodes) out of each volume.

Progressive is also still ongoing, and it seems like it's going slow, so I'd predict that they would either do a yearly cour for a bit or do 2 cours every other before filling time with another spin off when they get too close to running out of material.

I don't have ANY sources, but to me this seems like a likely outcome based my observations, so take this with a grain of salt
Sep 20, 2020 2:11 PM
May 2016
Shingster said:
Excellent news.

Though given that the arc itself isn't finished yet i doubt it will be anytime soon.
Still after seeing how much Reki has grown as an author via the Alicization arc it will be nice to see him bring his skills to expanding upon the arc that started the franchise off.

All things considered, I doubt they'll try to adapt the whole arc, but rather do bits and pieces of it. I made another reply to someone else, but to summarize that

I think they'll either adapt 2 volumes a year in 12 episodes or 4 volumes every other year in 24 episodes, likely stopping once they start to catch up, and adapting a spin off of some sort
Sep 20, 2020 2:17 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015

Given that at the moment there's only six volumes i think thats a safe bet. Though the chances of this being a placeholder until the arc is finished is also a possibility. Though that will depend on Reki's goal for that series because if he intends to create a tale that will show how the whole of aincrad was conquered then that will take time.

Guess we just have to see

NG_Chloe said:
Shingster said:
Excellent news.

Though given that the arc itself isn't finished yet i doubt it will be anytime soon.
Still after seeing how much Reki has grown as an author via the Alicization arc it will be nice to see him bring his skills to expanding upon the arc that started the franchise off.

All things considered, I doubt they'll try to adapt the whole arc, but rather do bits and pieces of it. I made another reply to someone else, but to summarize that

I think they'll either adapt 2 volumes a year in 12 episodes or 4 volumes every other year in 24 episodes, likely stopping once they start to catch up, and adapting a spin off of some sort
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2020 4:51 PM

Mar 2014
Cybergiara said:
How can you get hyped for this? It's as if you forgot kirito being the mc isn't the only bad part about SAO

But HE IS the protagonist of this one as well...

Dont you mean the GGO Alternative spinoff?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 20, 2020 6:26 PM

Feb 2016
Unless its less "Harem" I'm not bothering with it. I loved the first arc of season one, but once second arc hit an big boob cousin or whatever she was became the main focus it killed it for me. Having her an almost every girl show interest in a guy who can't tell them to bug off since he is taken was hard to watch. Loved the series till that point since Asuna quickly became my fave. Just a shame what happened to it basically.
Sep 20, 2020 8:01 PM

Jul 2019
YESSS Finally, I really miss the Aincard vibes. I'm tired watching War of Underworld
Sep 20, 2020 9:38 PM

Oct 2010
Not a big fan of sao but I will watch it for some reason.
Sep 21, 2020 7:07 AM

Jan 2008
Hmmm, interesting. I really hope this will be something like the 1/4 of the first season.
Sep 21, 2020 7:09 AM
Sep 2020
I want to see Alice x Kirito loveable moments...
Sep 21, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
Really can't wait! I know a lot of people do not care for SAO at all but as my first anime it's not just something I've ever been able to not enjoy even despite its flaws. Revisiting the first arc from a new perspective and with some retcons after 8 years of being a weeb is honestly something I'm really looking forward too. Say what you will about it, I expect people to complain, but that isn't gonna stop me from enjoying it the fullest.
Sep 21, 2020 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
Im still bitter at how they wrecked the first season of Alicization.
Anyways I know Ill watch this in the end so whatever.

Sep 21, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2019
I cannot wait! It would be interesting what adventures they go on each floor.
Sep 21, 2020 12:21 PM

Jun 2020
Can't wait to see the floors they skipped, and the actual progression of Kirito and Asuna knowing each other

Sep 21, 2020 2:06 PM
Oct 2006
More of the first arc? Alright I guess... Wish there were more GGO though.
Sep 21, 2020 10:17 PM

Feb 2019
more than 2 years away so it is hard for me to get too hyped but I am certainly looking forward to it
Sep 22, 2020 7:44 AM
Jul 2020
Wait can someone confirm something for me. Is it safe to say that SAO will be continuing for at least another decade or so?
Sep 25, 2020 7:45 AM

May 2020
Can't believe we are getting a SAO reboot before a Tokyo Ghoul reboot.
Sep 26, 2020 11:14 AM
May 2020
Really excited for this! The main problem with the Aincrad Arc was the terrible and inconsistent pacing. If Progressive fixes this, this arc is gonna be pretty neat!
Sep 26, 2020 10:04 PM
Mar 2018
Of course its getting an anime.. Anything named SAO will get an anime at this point. Never liked anything about SAO.
Nov 8, 2020 6:18 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Nov 8, 2020 7:19 AM
Sep 2019
Is this a repeat of the 1st season only with a extra floor?
So its season 1 but with more scenes ?
May 17, 2021 7:02 AM
Apr 2019
I really love SAO since I'm a kid.
May 22, 2021 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
YutakaYamadafan said:
Is this a repeat of the 1st season only with a extra floor?
So its season 1 but with more scenes ?

Not necesarily. For the most part, it skips the stuff we saw in the original show, and covers the stuff the original show skipped. There shouldn't be too much overlap.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 5, 2021 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait to see my best girl kicking a whole lot of Arse.
Jun 7, 2021 6:39 AM
Oct 2020
Good news for Eir Aoi & Lisa who know everything about Tsugu-tsugu's anime relationship (such as Mahouka rettousei & KNY)
Jun 10, 2021 2:49 AM
Jun 2021
I am very curious how it will all turn out for them. I can see that the opinions are divided and I am absolutely not surprised, because I do not know what to expect.
Many things have already been explained in the novels about them, especially with the side stories. The anime adaptation is only part of the SAO franchise, so there is already a base in place that will likely be used to take care of everything.
I hope and wish all of us that it turns out to be a firecracker!
Jun 13, 2021 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
well the spider anime already shows parallel power, so if somehow they can continue alicization it would be great. B-but this is still one of the things that I would really love to see.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.