Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2019
So, most sites agree that Katsumata was the second Friend, and Fukubee was the original one, but didn't Kenji say in the last chapter that the real Fukubee died the spring after primary school and so Katsumata who was thought dead impersonated Fukubee so he should be the one who died from a bullet, not the second Friend.

I'm really confused because I just finished reading it from the official release here in Spain, and it seems to have like 4 more pages where Kenji tells all that I have explained above, but when I look at sites like mangadex or mangakakalot, the scans are missing those pages of information.

Nov 8, 2020 4:08 PM

May 2019
TheoPKTNS said:
So, most sites agree that Katsumata was the second Friend, and Fukubee was the original one, but didn't Kenji say in the last chapter that the real Fukubee died the spring after primary school and so Katsumata who was thought dead impersonated Fukubee so he should be the one who died from a bullet, not the second Friend.

I'm really confused because I just finished reading it from the official release here in Spain, and it seems to have like 4 more pages where Kenji tells all that I have explained above, but when I look at sites like mangadex or mangakakalot, the scans are missing those pages of information.

It seems you have read the "director's cut" later version from the mangaka.

Objectively, Fukubei's gang had 4 members, and there is 4 bodies along the manga:

1. Fukubei, the 1st Friend to be killed.
2. Yamane, who kills Fukubei and gets shot.
3. Katsumata, the 2nd Friend to be killed.
4. Sadakiyo, who died in the bed.

Would be just impossible, illogical, a plot hole, if Fukubei died early or in that Science Room prank.

There is not much to discuss. Sadly the author of the manga, at that time, after the sucess of Monster, he just lose his hand and got affected by the "Lost" plot sickness: when the author is pressioned to keep going with the plot when it should be ended long ago, and for this reason he must add new asspulled arcs and misteries and solve them with a confuse final (because all the history was not made to prepare for that end)

Another good example of that plot problem was Gantz. Or Naruto, lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 21st Century Boys Chapter 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rasco - Mar 6, 2012

54 by AbsoluteCinema »»
Feb 2, 4:12 PM

Poll: » 21st Century Boys Chapter 10 Discussion

accela - Apr 28, 2008

15 by AbsoluteCinema »»
Feb 2, 3:24 AM

Poll: » 21st Century Boys Chapter 5 Discussion

Rasco - Mar 6, 2012

11 by AbsoluteCinema »»
Feb 1, 4:30 PM

Poll: » 21st Century Boys Chapter 4 Discussion

Rasco - Mar 6, 2012

12 by AbsoluteCinema »»
Jan 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » 21st Century Boys Chapter 12 Discussion

Rasco - Mar 6, 2012

9 by ReadyforRevy »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.