Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 13, 2020 1:01 AM
Oct 2019
So lame that Takumi won via another fluke. Beating some young kid on a fluke is the climax? Meh.

I hope the best for Shinji.

Keisuke went pro. Takumi did...what exactly? He has the girlfriend but career-wise what did he do?

Itsuki, Iketani and Kenji still haven't done jack. Sigh. Mako and Iketani still haven't gotten back together? Omg is that ridiculous. I'm SO, SO GLAD that Natsuki and Kazumi's bitch asses never had a reappearance. F them.

Bringing back the original OP for the final montage was great. That song is fantastic.

Really solid season (8/10) and series overall (probably 8/10 even though I didn't think Stage 4 and 5 were quite as good, and I thought Stage 3 was pretty weak). Glad I watched and would recommend to others. Not really sure there's much "payoff" at the end though.
HagePotPotatoAug 13, 2020 1:06 AM
Aug 20, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2010
Surprised that they didn't include a scene for Mako and Iketani when they met again
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 25, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
86 is the best character and proved why with its sacrifice in the end.

Great conclusion! When played Rage your Dream at the end I was satisfied.

Even though Fifth and Final Stages aren't the greatests, that last episode left a good overall impression.

Thank you, 86. Thank you, Initial D.
Aug 26, 2020 7:32 PM
Mar 2019
Honestly im watching the second episode now and im so fkn bored. The anime was good till the final stage but the final opponent is such bs.

I get they wanted to battle him against another natural driver, with a similar car and home turf adavantage. But even if i try i couldnt imagine a worse endboss.

Lets take a younger boy. He is also a natural. He doesnt like driving. He is also a creeper.

Now suddenly the mc who who is the best talent so far and did nothing elso then make huge skill improvements the 5 last seasons struggles to beat him.
You know why the other guy is so good? Boom! He was watching the road while someone elso was driving and sometimes he even drove his mom home. Makes total sense but when thats all what it takes why cant the drivers who race on the street for years do it?
Second advantage of the boy? Boom! He doesnt use braking and drives boring. I mean sure we heard the last 5 seasons that drifting is cool and u gain speed with it but now its better to just not brake.

Honestly who designed this last oppenent?

Edit: Wow now he gave way in the final battle and Takumi will still loose the first round? Could this even get any worse. Like wtf. In the final in a sports anime the mc who got better from the start to finish shouldnt get fucked over by a kid who isnt even racing.

Okay finished now. It didnt get better. What Project D stands for was also a big disappointment. The way he won was so bad too.

I would give the other seasons 8 as average.

This one is 4/10 at best
We_KaAug 26, 2020 8:32 PM
Sep 11, 2020 7:50 AM

Aug 2018
We_Ka said:

This one is 4/10 at best

TBH this series ended perfectly as in Third Stage. Fourth stage does have some cool races but at the same time two of the whole "wons" in FS are done by technical win, that did made me disappointed why Project D didn't just admit their loss
Oct 28, 2020 4:08 PM
Oct 2020
Hated it, most of the races have disappointing resolutions.
failes love stories just fill plot-gaps between races? seriously? Shigeno is a on- trick pony man.
And what the hell with that cel shading on car textures? they look like papercrafted toys! we needed metallic textures.
Nov 8, 2020 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
An accident was not a problem at all for such experienced driver like Takumi! ;p While it would be cool if Shinji won, I'm glad that Takumi was able to be victorious in that style, I mean by showing that he is truly superior as a driver.

It was the last episode of this amazing series. The finale was simply excellent. It was so cool to see all characters from the past and to see the the future of Takumi, Keisuke and Ryousuke. We also learned was was hiding behind "D" in "Project D". Dream.
Dec 11, 2020 1:03 PM

May 2018
Rage your dream will always be a timeless classic for me haha

The battle ended rather surprisingly but still Takumi won :D

poor AE86 though. I guess now is the best time to put it into retirement.

Good thing Mogi became completely irrelevant
Feb 8, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2018
That is by far the best way Takumi has ever won a race! I literally screamed out loud when he won! Takumi is truly a legend, and seeing all the people hes beaten before stand before him at once was amazing!

Even though I hated her I wanted to see Mogi at least once since she left for Tokyo in stage 3, shed be so jealous of Mika.

What an absolutely beautiful anime, I almost cried at the ending. I wish we got to see more of Itsuki, Iketani, and Kenji, its sad they barely showed up after stage 2.

Project Dream.

This anime will be special to me forever.

Mar 17, 2021 7:21 AM
Nov 2020
kingkash said:
ae86 and gt86 such beauty :D btw any idea who was driving that gt86 ?
could be takumi's dad who else could be driving at at this pace on akina pass
Apr 11, 2021 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
Finally finished it today and the last scene when the new 86 pops up made me tear up a little, the first outro song from the first stage also hit hard
May 7, 2021 1:20 AM

Dec 2018
Okay, It's finished T--T
I love this anime aaaaaa makes me sad. I'm probably gonna end up watching the movies anyway even after knowing there's nothing new in them. Ugh I miss watching Initial D already.

I had started 2021 by watching Initial D. It was truly a great watch.
May 20, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2018
They truly left the best race for last...

Probably best racing finale ever, didn't expect Takumi to sacrifice his cars engine for 2nd time and use such a clever rear wheel tire spare trick to beat Shinji. It's really sad that 86 gave its last breaths in order to let Takumi win hardest race of his life but maybe it is for the best. One thing I liked about Shinji is how he accepted defeat and told that he only wanted to be a hero but it didn't happened this time because of his own overconfidence.

Really glad to see everyone getting on with their lives at the end but also a little sad that we never got to see Keisuke and Takumi rematch after all the expierence they both managed to gain so far.

It seems that after letting his 86 rest for good Takumi will ruin his dads Subaru Impreza next if he decides to ever race with it again.

Also really nice tribute for old 86 with that new GT86 model that really gives amazinng vibes.

I'm really happy I decided to take interest in racing anime and give it a shot, Initial D left me very pleased and I will truly miss those CGI race scenes with Eurobeat playing in the background
May 26, 2021 4:27 PM

Sep 2014
He blew his engine again? Seriously? A completely tuned car with a new racing engine and he needed to blow that out-accelerating a generic 86? Bunta didnt have anything to say about that either lol.

I guess I should be glad he won for real atleast and not because of luck like Shinji blowing his engine .. or a squirrel.

And thats it? Winning against his younger self basically but with a better car and wrecking that too?
I swear the movie was a better point to end this story on.

Stage 1 was the best by far and after stage 3 it dropped and dropped.

Not even a final comment by the only driver who actually beat him, his dad, on his growth or anything..

Really the early seasons had so much. Tension, OST, many characters who even got developement and a social life to mix things up. And Takumi won against his opponents by just beeing better. Once the car got massive upgrades it was either "perfect for the downhill" or "no match for his enemy" however the dialogue felt like. Remember when he raced the cappucino which also was faster in corners? Or when he felt like his dads 4wd Impreza could be better than his 86?
No rematch against Keisuke or his dad. No developement from his friends from Akina.

We didnt even get cool drift scenes anymore. Really disappointed how weak this turned out.

PS: hearing Rage your Dream again made me emotional though. Will definitely recommend to only watch stage 1, or 1-3.

Death_spork said:
We_Ka said:

This one is 4/10 at best

TBH this series ended perfectly as in Third Stage. Fourth stage does have some cool races but at the same time two of the whole "wons" in FS are done by technical win, that did made me disappointed why Project D didn't just admit their loss
sorry for the late quoting but I completely agree.
Comander-07May 26, 2021 4:32 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 15, 2021 4:37 PM

Nov 2016
This was a fine conclusion, even got a bit emotional. I'm glad that Takumi didn't scrap his 86, that would've been to painful akin to death of the best friend xD On the other hand it could've made for one hell of powerful finale with proper build up. Then Ryosuke revealed what the D stands for. I was honestly expecting something for spectacular. But the corniness is fitting, lol.

What's a shame is that there was still so much left untouched. Primarily Takumi vs Bunta. That skirmish from S4 can hardly count as race. Also weird how Mika was added last minute during the 5th Stage. I mean, I like her. Just felt like it was just for the sake of having Takumi end up with someone. Retrospectively it's not the same as with Natsuki.

Welp, I think this is about a 7,5/10, maybe an 8/10 representative for the entire series. I surely took my time to finish it, I started it back in 2017 after all. But whenever I craved some Initial D it was a great watch. The Eurobeat in particular was heat.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 30, 2022 8:43 AM

Jul 2021
This was sooo good. Perfect ending to a legendary anime. I feel happy and satisfied.

Keisuke has gone pro but Takumi hasn't, I wonder why. Ryosuke has realized that his dream is to train drivers from Gunma and send them to pro world. The D in project D stood for Dream after all.

The race ending was unexpected, I was thinking maybe it could be draw and then I saw the end and was like ok.

The legendary 86 has retired for good, with 0 losses. (not really counting the blown engine and loss against Bunta)

10/10 overall. If I had to objectively rate this season, I would give it like 8.5 or something but I'm giving it 10 because of the emotional attachment to this anime and its characters. I'm gonna miss watching this anime man. I already feel sad, something really great has come to an end. Initial D will always remain as a special anime for me and a legendary anime forever.
TsutanaiFuunJan 30, 2022 9:09 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 1, 2022 8:14 AM

Jan 2021
What a great ending I liked how they showed us everyone moving on and doing there own thing while the ED theme was playing and especially when Takumi passed by the red GT86 and the message appeared that was cool if anything I can’t wait to get my driving license
Jun 23, 2022 8:16 PM

Oct 2015
I don't know what's up with these malfunctions on this series. The duel was too cool to be ruined by such a lackluster ending, still Takumi's quick thinking can be applauded. Shinji's naivety made the whole display worthwhile, more over when he let Takumi pass in the middle hairpin just to see his wings. I liked how everyone thought it was arrogance, while it was a lack of experience and just plain idiocy from his part. I am proud of Keisuke of making it as a pro, I wonder if he'll ever meet Kyoko again. He deserves love.

Ryosuke finally revealed that Project D stands for "Dream". Always thought it stood for domination or Destroy😋

I expected more from the finale. For how things started from season 1, great things were expected by me. But, overall it was a rollercoaster ride that had a abrupt cut. I don't know if things end here from the manga, but the tv and series didn't end things well. For the main character, Takumi's development wasn't kept constant; all over the place to be precise. Keisuke had more development than him. The other major problem was the lackluster races, they didn't give the main characters any major challenges to further their maturity. If only they placed obstacles like in season one, after all, this was street racing; it's suppose to be rough and edgy. Damn it, this wasn't pro racing! Anything could happen.

Along the way, the series lost itself and ended up limiting itself. Shying away from the ambition it had at the start of season 1. It had potential but it didn't have any ideas beyond that. So many potential scenarios they could've explored, like Takumi taking over the world next( not with Project D). I also felt Project D was limiting Takumi as a character by putting over Ryosuke and Keisuke. They could be at least brought a foreigner to race Takumi to prove himself. What I also wanted from the last episode was Takumi v Bunta, would've been a killer ending. Or he races Ryosuke at least or even Keisuke, not this kid out of nowhere. Or they could've just developed some antagonist that'll give Takumi a reason to race him at the end. The show just focused on the course instead of first focusing on how we are getting in the course. Even those duels weren't lighting any mountains.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 27, 2023 10:31 PM

Apr 2022
86-239 = hachiroku ni sankyu = thank you, eight-six.
that was really beautiful. amazing final scene to end an amazing series.

takumi reminding us why he's the GOAT when he went in reverse after spinning out. the music as always, delivered. 

didn't like shinji tho, didn't care for him nor his backstory, like just shut up.
there was too much talking once again and even tho there's trimmed down on their use of eurobeat, it was still fire when they did use it.

kind of disappointed that shinji's his final opponent but the post-race scenes were good. also the animation for the race.
for now i'll give it an 8/10 but may or may not drop it to a 7 later.

regardless, i loved this series as a whole. wish i got into initial D sooner and thank you 86.
Feb 19, 2023 4:06 AM
Mar 2021
Wonderful, first time I enjoy a last episode.
Feb 25, 2023 7:34 AM

Jun 2020
Damn what a finale yet another accident by Takumi blowing yet another engine leading to his final victory, HOLY SHIT the best music personally crazy little love is underrated or unnoticed just wanted to share my thoughts that the song is a certified banger too bad it got cut out too soon like nah let that whole thing play through

What a way to end a series  initial dream is what it means that's a nice dream, So is that GT-86 correct me if i'm wrong going to be Takumi's next ride or am I crazy either way enjoyed it especially the music nothing can separate initial D and eurobeat (unless its the movie ones too bad it looked bad ass but without eurobeat) 10/10.
Apr 3, 2023 9:07 AM
May 2021
Broo the last race and finishing zone gave me hella chillz!
I loved this series fr, sad the ae86 won't be racing anymore, but it was a great journey...
Oct 28, 2023 12:41 PM
Sep 2019
Honestly, this last race wasn’t all that great, especially the way in which he won. This final stage as a whole was pretty average. Anyhow, sad to see this go. Enjoyed it while it lasted.
Dec 15, 2023 12:57 AM
Oct 2017
Project Dream? Not Project Drift? That is lame as fuck! Lol, it is too late for me to gather my thoughts properly, but damn! What an ending, a truly epic battle for an epic anime! Good night ladies folks and gentleman! The curtain show is over!
Dec 28, 2023 6:24 AM
Oct 2023
Good way to end things, though bitter sweet.

really kept me on my nerves the entire time!!
KOningNoviPoesDec 31, 2023 4:56 PM
Mar 30, 9:41 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
Takumi is the Goat! The greatest downhiller of all time! The undefeated legend!

If you're coming here in '24 then check out MF Ghost!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D Final Stage Episode 2 Discussion

SilentTruth - May 26, 2014

33 by Kraum »»
Jan 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Initial D Final Stage Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

43 by Kraum »»
Jan 12, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Initial D Final Stage Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

31 by Phixiately »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:02 AM

» The consequences of her action: which thot?

LAKool-AidGang - Aug 5, 2023

2 by sustak »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:02 PM

» Queen Thot

LAKool-AidGang - Aug 3, 2023

7 by UnlegitMilku »»
Aug 4, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.