Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2020 12:51 PM

Aug 2020
FUCK OFF DON'T DO THAT TO ME

Just let them be happy. JUST LET THEM ALONE

I mean, I know everyone gonna think it's a happy ending with them locked into Underwold

BUT

IT

IS

NOT!

It's sad. At least tey are together though.... BUT WHAT ABOUT YUI!

No. Let them go back to the real world. fuck off.
how did i get here;
Aug 29, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2019
I just want to know what happens with Alice.
Aug 29, 2020 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
AddaeAkono said:
Kirito finally defeated Gabriel although his final form looked somewhat similar to Aizen's final form in Bleach. As for the fight itself, I just turned my brain off when Kirito got that massive powerup and Eugeo saved Kirto's ass again.

exactly xD i turn most my brain off since few week ago LoL xD else ill start bad talk this series.
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 29, 2020 12:54 PM

Apr 2015
Dope fight! Great Animation!! Gabriel look pretty extraterrestrial there! I really loved the starburst stream animation, it was amazing and a lovely flashback to S1!!

I am just happy that Alice managed to log out, now I can't wait to see what will happen to Alice's soul after logging out!

But first, that cliffhanger, Kirito and Asuna stuck in a 200 year simulation... Time to practice booming!!!
Aug 29, 2020 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
Mary Sue-kun turns dragons back into eggs just like that.
Big Bad getting immense power just like that.
Eugeo and others showing up and saving the day by making an actual physical interaction, despite being dead and buried just like that.
Mary Sue-kun being able to heal himself just like that.
Irrelevant side characters still simping for Mary Sue-kun just like that.
Mary Sue-kun somehow getting his full gear and abilities from Aincard just like that.
Mary Sue-kun defeating the Big Bad with the power of friendship, just like that.

I'm fuckin done. The cringe is too much.
But still, nothing can best Symphogear in that matter.

Aug 29, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
i freaking called it on the prev ep that Kirito and Asuna would get stuck in there for the 200 years, i am so happy :P , now i am expectin Yui to save the day :)
Aug 29, 2020 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
Ok, so Kirito first saves the dragons by turning them back into eggs (how can such big dragons come from such small eggs?).

The fight was so-so. Kirito and Gabriel growing wings was WTF but then Gabriel transformed into some kind of monster angel, that was even more WTF, like is this End of Evangelion LOL? Too much mindfuck. Also Eugeo reappearing so many times, and even fighting with his sword, like WHAT?

Anyway, Gabriel is way too overpowered. We are used to Kirito being overpowered, but this is ridiculous. Kirito needed the help of lots of the Underworld residents to defeat Gabriel (why were random people who have no idea about Kirito praying to the night sky?). And then the souls? of Vixur, Lipia, Bercouli, Quinella and Cardinal are giving advice to Kirito, oookaaay.

Anyway, there's no more Gabriel and the Underworld entered the maximum acceleration phase, but Alice was succesfully logged out and also all the ALO players and the remaining 4? red knights and Sinon and Leafa. "Goodbye Eugeo" says Kirito. Is he FINALLY gone? Like seriously.

At the end it's a bit sad how Kirito thinks he's the only one stuck in the Underworld for 200 years, without his real world friends and Asuna, but Asuna stayed with him, attagirl. <3 So, now what, with 3 episodes left? @__@
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 29, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was so damn amazing! I won't lie if I say this episode is one of my favorite episodes of all time. I'll remember this one for a very long time. I loved it!
Aug 29, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2017
lostcattears said:
it was a cringe feast...

indeed... this anime has become so underwhelming
Aug 29, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2018
I want to see the side arc / movie when Kirito and Asuna trapped in UW for 200 years.
That's kinda interesting. NGL

PLEASE A-1
Aug 29, 2020 1:20 PM

Oct 2018
misaka-9982 said:
I just want to know what happens with Alice.

lmao you'd be surprised when she meet Kirito later.
Aug 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
they made justice to my boy Eugeo so im fine

rip lilpirin, you deserved better unsung hero

yooooo are they really gonna adapt moon cradle? if thats so im prolly gonna drop and just watch again when blue rose epilogue gets out

i cant stand moon cradle a second time

3/5
Aug 29, 2020 1:34 PM

Oct 2017
Ryouri said:
they made justice to my boy Eugeo so im fine

rip lilpirin, you deserved better unsung hero

yooooo are they really gonna adapt moon cradle? if thats so im prolly gonna drop and just watch again when blue rose epilogue gets out

i cant stand moon cradle a second time

3/5

Can you explain this moon cradle thing please?
So this supposedly new arc going to be the rest of the story?
Aug 29, 2020 1:38 PM
May 2017
Worst episode? Cringe fest?

Nah, it's utterly satisfying to watch a psycho got cut in half and then explodes
Aug 29, 2020 1:39 PM
Jun 2016
Leo said:
Awesome fight between Kirito and Gabriel. They really went all out with it.

Spending 200 years in the Underworld... I feel for Kirito. But there is Asuna who appeared at the end so I wonder what will happen after this.

200 years living with Asuna, not bad.
Aug 29, 2020 1:41 PM
Jul 2019

So asuna stay with kirito. Looks like Asuna can finally have her solo time with kirito !!
Aug 29, 2020 1:43 PM

Oct 2017
Shady346 said:

So asuna stay with kirito. Looks like Asuna can finally have her solo time with kirito !!

Thank you for this XD.

Aug 29, 2020 1:48 PM

Jun 2017
That was an absolute eye candy. It was faithful to the source too. The despair Kirito felt when he realised he was trapped for 200 years was convincing. Finally night sky sword lives up to its name! 5/5.
Aug 29, 2020 1:50 PM

Sep 2018
If Kirito and Asuna are stuck in VR for 200 years they are going to make up some weird-ass sex positions.
Aug 29, 2020 1:58 PM

May 2016
What the holy fuck ass was that?
Where did Gabriel get those powers?
How did EVERYONE know that a dark sky was "kirito's heart" and was able to give him power?
Was that the UNIVERSES longest staircase?

JESUS that episode was terrible.
Aug 29, 2020 2:08 PM
Aug 2020
so what asuna was just like "hmmm let me just not log out" and now kirito and asuna just gonna be there fro 200 years
Aug 29, 2020 2:21 PM
Aug 2017
Honestly Sao is the prettiest shit show I've ever watched. Garbage writing but God dam the visuals is a feast for the eyes.
Aug 29, 2020 2:31 PM

Jun 2020
Lelouch0202 said:
They kinda went all Gurren Lagann on us there, not a bad thing though. It was entertaining at the very least.

Lmao that's exactly what I thought during the fight. Just like the last battle in TTGL, I had no frickin idea wtf was going on in so many frames
This anime shit is addictive

Oct 2019
What a damn fucking good episode! My mind is blowing, I watched it twice already. Choreography, animation, visual effects, sounds... everything was so good! And the ending part was so emotional, it did hit me. I’m very pleased this week.

Sep 2014
So SAO just got a Genkidama episode. Didnt expect that to happen.

Where did Gabriel get all those weird powers from though? I doubt its from his GGO character. The power of imagination which was set up for Alicization maybe?

Its weird to see that Quinella from captains memory again. Still think original Quinella would be a more fitting final boss. Got to respect a character which basically hacked itself into existence by willpower alone.

PS: I guess its 200 years of 16.5 now
PPS: happened last ep, but I thought for the real world to directly communicate with the underworld the time needs to be 1:1 and at that point it was already at 15 or something
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 29, 2020 2:40 PM
Jul 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
It's 200 years in the simulation, how long is that in the real world? I'm pretty sure they mentioned it but I seemed to have forgotten.

Its sth like 5-10minutes in real world to revert the acceleration but Kirito and Asuna will stay in coma for some more for their brains to recover. Next episode is gonna be around what happens to the Ocean Turtle and the last 2 about what the different characters do till and after Kirito and Asuna wake up.
Aug 29, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 2012
Its honestly sad seeing people spam that SAO has garbage writing, have you read the novels, no so shut it, it has garbage directors that leave out unexplained stuff in the anime adaptation. Thats not even Reki's fault. A1 is just printing money while removing key stuff and adding their own spin on things as well as needlessly prolonging questionable tentacle scenes and somehow everyone is bashing the author lol. Whenever the story goes as Reki intended you people cry about it being slow and shit and whenever A1 skips stuff to make room for over the top action scenes, you cry about things not making sense. Make up your mind already!
Aug 29, 2020 3:39 PM

Dec 2007
Shady346 said:

I was thinking the same thing xD.
Aug 29, 2020 3:42 PM
Nov 2017
MegamiRem said:
First half of Gabriel vs Kirito was okay but then Gabriel's transformation was sinister and Kirito's power up was even better. The visuals and animation were dope.

Well now Kirito and Asuna will have to spend 200 years in Alicization. For others it will be mere five minutes but for them it will 200 years, whew. Well atleast Kirito ain't alone and Asuna's with him.

But they do have 3 episodes left according to the main page so why did they rush it and what’s going to happen for 3 more episodes. I was spoiled up to this point and only know they both stayed that’s it
Aug 29, 2020 3:45 PM
Jan 2018
Since some episodes I toggle between 2 reactions :
1) *sigh*
2) "Excuse me, what ?"

Even the musics that I found dope were nearly all recycled from previous seasons
Aug 29, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
This anime is all visuals at this point. Nothing makes sense. Nothing explained. Seems you need the LN.
Aug 29, 2020 3:50 PM

Dec 2017
I love Sword Art Online, but this season is a huge disappointment. After that episode I definitely gave up asking for consistency. But i still get to like it a lot because of the action, and the drama.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 29, 2020 3:53 PM

Jun 2020
kinda cringe but i actually enjoyed it.. kinda sad at the same time too
Aug 29, 2020 3:58 PM
Jul 2020
I think the battle was epic , but the last second when Kirito slashed Gabriel , why is he laughing? I think it's anticlimatic. Pls someone explain this scene to me .😅
Aug 29, 2020 4:19 PM

May 2020
avc_alonso said:
Can someone explain how Gabriel is so powerful in the Underworld with his personal avatar? I’m so lost. This second half of this season is losing me

I had the exact same thought when I was watching lol

--

Man the animation is so on point, 10/10.

Was kinda surprised at the end, not gonna lie.
Aug 29, 2020 4:20 PM

Nov 2016
Why cringefest? This was actually pretty nice by SAO standards, even moving.

Not to mention that the visuals were fire again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2020 4:22 PM
Nov 2018
In the end, the rest of the cast is reduced to just worshiping Kirito as he battles Satan. And their worship is what gives him the power to fight. This comes from the recent invention in fiction, that the faithfuls' worship is what gives the gods power.

Even the dead make an appearance to pitch in.

All this piousness makes me so ... so....

Aug 29, 2020 4:24 PM

Jul 2016
Paulo_Goncalves said:
I dislike SAO because Kirito is almighty and all tribulations seem ridiculous when he is around. Look when he was paralysed or lobotomize (?). There were wars, and battles and personal battles and Kirito wakes up and everyone is afterwards a child. It's like they are level 1 and is level 99. It's absurd.

If you watch another anime from this season (MAOU) he is as again almighty but done in the correct way. Oh well, I will watch but I will say I don't like Kirito and don't like the episodes focus on him.
lmao did you just compare the two. The maou does mot explain their power up, SAO has.

Aug 29, 2020 4:33 PM

May 2020
I don't know, I'm really not vibing with War of Underworld part 2. It must be the curse of the second half that always affects SAO (with the exception of the Mother's Rosario arc).

This episode confirms it. I mean, it was a feast for the eyes and also the feels were delivered, but I've been half cringing and half asking myself "wtf it's going on why no you can't do that he's dead this doesn't make sense" for a few episodes now. I know there must be unexplained things compared to the novels (if I hadn't read part of the Alicization light novels I wouldn't have known about the "power of imagination" part. That's actually cool, I support it since it was explained, although it doesn't convey in the anime).

So yeah, the episode was so over the top that the enjoyment is of course due to guilty pleasure and entertainment. The cherry to a long range of shit battle shonen-like episodes. I'm curious to how this stuff is explained in the novels.

Oh well, I may be based, but I'm still a fan of SAO. I'm looking forward hopefully to some last story driven episodes before the season finale, like the first half of War of Underworld was.
Aug 29, 2020 4:37 PM
Nov 2018
chriskor022 said:
Paulo_Goncalves said:
I dislike SAO because Kirito is almighty and all tribulations seem ridiculous when he is around. Look when he was paralysed or lobotomize (?). There were wars, and battles and personal battles and Kirito wakes up and everyone is afterwards a child. It's like they are level 1 and is level 99. It's absurd.

If you watch another anime from this season (MAOU) he is as again almighty but done in the correct way. Oh well, I will watch but I will say I don't like Kirito and don't like the episodes focus on him.
lmao did you just compare the two. The maou does mot explain their power up, SAO has.

What is the explanation for his power up, then? So far I have only seen people say "It's Incarnation," and link to somewhere else, which is the internet version of Appeal to Authority. Posting a link is not an explanation, and especially not a link to a video that no one will bother to watch.

And along with that comes "lmao" or "you idiots" or similar. I refer to the thread for the last episode.

I should add that I have always enjoyed SAO. Up until they made the dark forces switch sides to join their ancient enemies in the middle of the battle, because the writer wanted to replace them with a mass of American players. "So we get to kill AND MAIM as much as we want?"

And I have always enjoyed seeing battle scenes with Kirito. But this flying and all was just too much, and the whole vibe, with everyone standing around worshiping him, and their worship giving him power, much like the faithful give the gods.

There could be a good explanation, I guess. Or there could be just a "Let's say this is why, so I can write this glorious scene that I've imagined for my beloved main character." A good explanation for gaining great strength or powers late in a story should be woven into the story. There should be hints and steps taken earlier.
Aug 29, 2020 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
all it took was Kirito to wake up and this show just started to become horrible.
Eugeo appears time and time again just do power up the protagonist, its enough just let him die already... and Kirito can even create a Genki Dama now lol
Aug 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Mar 2014
Damn that final battle was cool. Always epic when COFFEE SODA kicks in.

I pretty much spoiled the main events here because I couldn't stand waiting, but I'm glad Asuna cemented herself as Kirito's actual true girlfriend here to everyone by being the one that stayed behind with him. No way in hell was she gonna leave him behind again, and I'm so glad for that.

I don't know how I'd feel if I got stuck in Underworld for 200 years. On the one hand, complete freedom in a world of magic limited only by your imagination, on the other hand, you can never see your friends and loved ones again for that entire time. Plus the whole "fluctlight collapse" thing where your soul can only handle being alive for so many hundred years before it starts encountering... problems.

At the very least, Kirito won't be alone this time. 2 years was tolerable because he had best boy Eugeo by his side. I know he can handle 200 years with Asuna there for him.
Aug 29, 2020 4:54 PM

Jul 2016
Hegar said:
chriskor022 said:

What is the explanation for his power up, then? So far I have only seen people say "It's Incarnation," and link to somewhere else, which is the internet version of Appeal to Authority. Posting a link is not an explanation, and especially not a link to a video that no one will bother to watch.

And along with that comes "lmao" or "you idiots" or similar. I refer to the thread for the last episode.

I should add that I have always enjoyed SAO. Up until they made the dark forces switch sides to join their ancient enemies in the middle of the battle, because the writer wanted to replace them with a mass of American players. "So we get to kill AND MAIM as much as we want?"

And I have always enjoyed seeing battle scenes with Kirito. But this flying and all was just too much, and the whole vibe, with everyone standing around worshiping him, and their worship giving him power, much like the faithful give the gods.

There could be a good explanation, I guess. Or there could be just a "Let's say this is why, so I can write this glorious scene that I've imagined for my beloved main character." A good explanation for gaining great strength or powers late in a story should be woven into the story. There should be hints and steps taken earlier.
you answer your own question. If you just watch it not speedrun. You can understand, even the anime cut the details. But the power of incarnation is like the power source in the simulation that can freely used by diving in the STL and people of underworld. If you see episode 7-8 of the alicization Uolo vs Kirito it manifests it like will power.

Aug 29, 2020 5:15 PM
Mar 2020
Is it just me or the final battle seems kind of boring and kirito being OP again, Huuuuh......... maybe it's just what SAO doing in every final battle. But the good things is the sword eefect and art quality still impressive. maybe after this, the episode will tell the stories of Alice in the real world.
Aug 29, 2020 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
Visually, it was AMAZING. Audio? Amazing.

But good god this season has been AWFUL in regards to writing and everything related to plot and character development. First few episodes we had someone ALMOST die and then get rescued last second like 5 times per episode and now all the crap this episode. All the dead people (specifically Eugeo) saving Kirito multiple times lol. What a cringe fest.
Aug 29, 2020 6:08 PM
May 2020
Kirito will see ronie, tiese and sortiliena again

But what will happen to gabriel?
Aug 29, 2020 6:23 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Thank gods Kirito isn't left alone...even though she trusts him Asuna knew there was more then meets the eye. It does make me wonder how the log out process is like, is it voluntary? Does the person logging out even realize, or does the literal log out button just show on the menu? I wonder how Asuna opted out as it seems everyone else was forced off.

Leafa's not dead, but pigboy was a wreck.

I have a very potentially stupid proposition.

Also, stupid question - Kirito saved the dragons...but does Alice get to keep them irl?
Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 29, 2020 6:27 PM
Jan 2018
Wtf reki if you killed off a character, jist let them stay dead. Dont kill off a character as a cheap way to force out emotions from the audience
Aug 29, 2020 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
Holy shit, that was amazing, epic and beautiful.

Also that last scene....SOMEONE PICK UP THE PHONE BECAUSE I CALLED IT. XD

Piromysl said:
Mary Sue-kun turns dragons back into eggs just like that.
Big Bad getting immense power just like that.
Eugeo and others showing up and saving the day by making an actual physical interaction, despite being dead and buried just like that.
Mary Sue-kun being able to heal himself just like that.
Irrelevant side characters still simping for Mary Sue-kun just like that.
Mary Sue-kun somehow getting his full gear and abilities from Aincard just like that.
Mary Sue-kun defeating the Big Bad with the power of friendship, just like that.

I'm fuckin done. The cringe is too much.
But still, nothing can best Symphogear in that matter.

HE IS NOT A MARY-SUE FOR FUK'S SAKE.

LOL @ people calling him "OP" when he needed the help of literally everyone in Underworld to beat Gabriel.

Do you know what terms mean before you throw them around like that?

@sfj4u

Yeah um....guess you didn't know this but ghosts are still dead.
ChiibiAug 29, 2020 6:37 PM

Aug 29, 2020 6:44 PM
Sep 2018
Eugeo is the MVP of alicization
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

321 by Forum »»
Jul 7, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

155 by Forum »»
Jul 7, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Syureria - Aug 1, 2020

201 by Forum »»
Jul 7, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Jul 25, 2020

149 by Forum »»
Jul 7, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2020

306 by Forum »»
Jul 7, 1:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.