Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2020 2:38 AM

Oct 2017
In an Interview, The publisher of solo leveling said that they are currently discussing offer coming from various companies to adapt the manhwa into game, anime and even a TV show.

Source:
https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/2020080383411
MegamiRemAug 11, 2020 3:34 AM
Aug 11, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 2017

I also saw the news somewhere and I said to come here that there will surely be a post about it ... I would like ... if it is true to be adapted by Ufotable
Aug 11, 2020 3:56 AM
Feb 2020
Can't read, provide translation please.
Aug 11, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, the success of the series is amazing going through that article.

I'm definitely interested to see how the company will approach these plans, especially "dramas," if that translation is correct lol

Aug 11, 2020 4:30 AM

Apr 2016
Tbh, after watching TOG and GOHS I don't think I need the anime adaptation of Solo Leveling in my life. The webtoon has its own charm and I'm satisfied with it.
Aug 11, 2020 7:49 PM

Jul 2020
Anything but the crunchyroll weirdos. Totally love to see someone like madhouse, bones or ufotable animate this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2020 10:36 PM

Apr 2015
Oof, tbh given that the manhwa is carried hard by the godly drawings, I can't see an anime Solo Leveling getting positive reviews unless it's adapted by a studio with crazy animation quality like Ufotable, MAPPA, or Bones. If so, it could become Kimetsu No Yaiba popular and maybe even more than that since the manhwa is so popular already. If not, it'll definitely get heavily criticized by not only anime-only fans, but also LN and manhwa fans lol.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Aug 12, 2020 8:39 AM

Jan 2016
I would personally love an anime adaption of SL.

I know a lot of people who read the LN don't want one because they don't even like the webtoon and have such high opinions on the LN,
but like, come on, it would be amazing, especially for the creator.

Their work deserves something like this honestly,
and I would personally love to see it.

Although I don't have high hopes for an anime adaption because it's always "in discussion" or "we're thinking about it" so I don't wanna get my hopes up too much lol.
Aug 12, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
BTDarklings said:

I know a lot of people who read the LN don't want one because they don't even like the webtoon and have such high opinions on the LN

Oh that's interesting, I thought I heard some LN readers say the webtoon was pretty faithful for the most part, except for the obvious fact that some minor stuff were changed and skipped but that's literally inevitable. I assume you're a LN reader, may I ask why?

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Aug 12, 2020 10:41 AM

Jan 2020
I'm kinda sketchy abt this...

A huge part of what makes Solo Levelling so great is it'd amazing art, vibrant and bright colours and beautiful fight sequences.

It's gonna be really hard for a studio to capture it properly. And also, the pacing issue might crop up again..

Anything less than a Ufotable or Madhouse might end up disappointing the webtoons readers big-time
Aug 12, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2016
AllIsManga said:
BTDarklings said:

I know a lot of people who read the LN don't want one because they don't even like the webtoon and have such high opinions on the LN

Oh that's interesting, I thought I heard some LN readers say the webtoon was pretty faithful for the most part, except for the obvious fact that some minor stuff were changed and skipped but that's literally inevitable. I assume you're a LN reader, may I ask why?

Why I'm a LN reader? Tbh I read it because my dumb fuck friends kept spoiling it for me and saying shit like "ThAt WasN'T a ReAL spOiLeR yOu WoUlDn'T UnDeRStAnd iT AnYWaYs"

Honestly though, the LN is 100% worth they did miss some parts I thought were important(imo)to Jin Woo's character and I'm sad haven't been in the webtoon.

And if you were asking about why I want an anime adaption, it would be because I want to see SL across all types of media honestly.
It seems like it would be really nice, and I do hear a lot of comments about how something like SL can't be adapted into an anime because of the kind of art it is but like... it can. LOL. It really can.
Aug 12, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
BTDarklings said:
AllIsManga said:

Why I'm a LN reader? Tbh I read it because my dumb fuck friends kept spoiling it for me and saying shit like "ThAt WasN'T a ReAL spOiLeR yOu WoUlDn'T UnDeRStAnd iT AnYWaYs"

Honestly though, the LN is 100% worth they did miss some parts I thought were important(imo)to Jin Woo's character and I'm sad haven't been in the webtoon.

And if you were asking about why I want an anime adaption, it would be because I want to see SL across all types of media honestly.
It seems like it would be really nice, and I do hear a lot of comments about how something like SL can't be adapted into an anime because of the kind of art it is but like... it can. LOL. It really can.

Oh no lol, I was just wondering why a lot of people who read the LN don't like the webtoon

Aug 13, 2020 11:41 AM
Feb 2020
Blank_X said:
Tbh, after watching TOG and GOHS I don't think I need the anime adaptation of Solo Leveling in my life. The webtoon has its own charm and I'm satisfied with it.

yeah man every manhwa thats been animated has been fucked in the ass. Honestly i wouldnt say tog got completely fucked but it was just a copy and past and GOHS needs to be thrown off of a 12 story building
Aug 13, 2020 12:38 PM

Apr 2016
Notifications said:
Blank_X said:

yeah man every manhwa thats been animated has been fucked in the ass. Honestly i wouldnt say tog got completely fucked but it was just a copy and past and GOHS needs to be thrown off of a 12 story building
GOHS adaptation is simply bad. I don't get why they're trying to squeeze 110-120 chapters into 12 episodes. The studio and the staff had the potential to make it a great show but no, they had to deliver this clusterfuck. About TOG, I haven't read the manhwa and as an anime only watcher I didn't get a single thing about the premise. My friends told me that manhwa is way better, but what's the point of anime adaptation when you have to go through the source to understand the premise.
Aug 13, 2020 1:38 PM

Mar 2014
An anime being in the works? And here I was planning to read the manga soon. What do I do? *Conflicted*
AnimeFanTalkAug 14, 2020 2:14 AM
Aug 13, 2020 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
I'm satisfied with the manhwa, so I don’t feel the need of an anime adaptation. However, it would be good for the series to get one and of course I’d watch it.
Aug 13, 2020 3:27 PM
Feb 2020
Blank_X said:
Notifications said:

GOHS adaptation is simply bad. I don't get why they're trying to squeeze 110-120 chapters into 12 episodes. The studio and the staff had the potential to make it a great show but no, they had to deliver this clusterfuck. About TOG, I haven't read the manhwa and as an anime only watcher I didn't get a single thing about the premise. My friends told me that manhwa is way better, but what's the point of anime adaptation when you have to go through the source to understand the premise.

yeah same i've also only watched the anime. Dont really understand whats going on or what the sacred arts or whatever they have are. Nothing has been explained. At first when episode one dropped the fight scene was enough to get me excited for the rest but after episode 2 the fights started to get a little boring considering we got them every episode and there was no character development like when we randomly got a wedding. Also, fuck mira's character design.
Aug 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2016
AllIsManga said:
BTDarklings said:

Oh no lol, I was just wondering why a lot of people who read the LN don't like the webtoon

Mostly elitism from what I've seen.
They think the LN is so fucking godly perfect that it is impossible to have any good adaptions so they either refuse to read the webtoon, or complain about every chapter.
Aug 13, 2020 4:13 PM

Apr 2015
BTDarklings said:
AllIsManga said:

They think the LN is so fucking godly perfect that it is impossible to have any good adaptions so they either refuse to read the webtoon, or complain about every chapter.

Oh lol I should've expected that answer, kinda surprising still though for Solo Leveling since the art is so amazing already. Like what else could they ask for? To each their own I guess.

Aug 14, 2020 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
Notifications said:
Blank_X said:

yeah same i've also only watched the anime. Dont really understand whats going on or what the sacred arts or whatever they have are. Nothing has been explained. At first when episode one dropped the fight scene was enough to get me excited for the rest but after episode 2 the fights started to get a little boring considering we got them every episode and there was no character development like when we randomly got a wedding. Also, fuck mira's character design.
Mira's wedding episode was unnecessary. I mean when you guys have left so much of the original stuff unadapted, you should've left this too. Why bother with the character development when it is already nonexistent in the anime. Fuck.
Solo Leveling manhwa has a beautiful artstyle and it is truly a feast for my eyes. I don't want to see it getting ruined too.
Aug 14, 2020 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
AllIsManga said:
BTDarklings said:

Oh lol I should've expected that answer, kinda surprising still though for Solo Leveling since the art is so amazing already. Like what else could they ask for? To each their own I guess.

Agreeeed, but for some people no matter what the creators do it will just never be enough for them.
I absolutely despise the elitism in any community when it comes to base material for something.

Aug 14, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2018
Even if it does get an anime adaptation, i doubt it'll be as amazing and eye capturing as the manhwa. The only studios that can adapt it to a certain degree is probably ufotable. Madhouse can also do the job but i doubt we'll get a 2nd season later on. I do think bones can also handle it quite good but the tone of the art style will most likely be kinda dulled out. Personally, i would glady watch the anime even if it gets downgraded, but i also wouldn't mind even if it doesn't get an anime adaptation either.
Aug 18, 2020 2:16 AM

Jan 2015
I hope it’s just fake news
After seeing how ToG and GoH were adapted I just don’t want to see an anime adaptation out of a Manhwa ever again tbh

Solo Leveling as a manhwa works just fine and it doesn’t need an anime adaptation. Don’t want to see it get disrespected by a bad and fast paced adaptation
Aug 18, 2020 6:21 AM
Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
I hope it’s just fake news
After seeing how ToG and GoH were adapted I just don’t want to see an anime adaptation out of a Manhwa ever again tbh

Solo Leveling as a manhwa works just fine and it doesn’t need an anime adaptation. Don’t want to see it get disrespected by a bad and fast paced adaptation
well having read all 3 i have to say i never cared about ToG since i find it rather boring on the other hand GoH is ok but the anime as you said cuts way to much stuff. Honestly i would be glad if they adapt it in the end if it is good it's fine if it's bad then just stick with the manhwa no big deal.
Aug 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
AnimeFanTalk said:
An anime being in the works? And here I was planning to read the manga soon. What do I do? *Conflicted*
Read the manwha, the art is godlike.
Sep 2, 2020 12:46 AM
Jun 2020
If it sucks it better not.
Sep 2, 2020 1:28 AM

Dec 2014
everything was great until the first romantic candidate show up.

i hope it is not disapponting me like Shield hero where he need to be good guy to unites the heroes.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 2, 2020 5:27 AM
Apr 2017
Japan will never make that.
Sep 6, 2020 12:16 PM

May 2020
I will wait for this. Getting excitement with the cover and I will start read.
Sep 9, 2020 3:30 PM

Sep 2017
Well, if it receives an anime adaptation it better be a good one, and not a rushed clusterfuck like ToG and GoH

Ufotable or Bones with their top staff would be the only studios that would make a good adaptation though (and not Madhouse since it has been dead for a few years now)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Eoussama - Jul 9, 2023

56 by Daycho »»
Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 179 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

koluffy - Dec 29, 2021

136 by Taniamichelle001 »»
Yesterday, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 6 Discussion

BTDarklings - Sep 26, 2019

17 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 19, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 145 Discussion

asapabri - Mar 24, 2021

37 by the_foundation »»
Apr 19, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 142 Discussion

zkl_ - Mar 3, 2021

27 by spicarie »»
Apr 18, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.