Forum Settings
Forums

Additional Cast for 'Kimi wa Kanata' Movie Announced

New
Aug 25, 2020 12:32 AM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
The official website for the original movie Kimi wa Kanata announced two new cast members on Tuesday. The film is scheduled to premiere in Japan on November 27.

Gimon: Kouichi Yamadera (Cowboy Bebop) and Ikue Ootani (One Piece)

Honoka Matsumoto (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni live-action drama) and Toshiki Seto (Cheer Danshi!! live-action film) will be starring as the protagonists Mio and Arata, respectively. Saori Hayami (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime) and Yui Ogura (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) are also appearing as Kiku-chan and Enka, respectively.

Kimi wa Kanata is being directed by Yoshinobu Sena (Vampire Holmes), and is his first feature-length anime film. The film is also the first major project by Digital Network Animation, which was founded in 2006 and mainly served as a subcontractor for other animation studios such as Shaft and Studio Deen.

A novel is being published by Kadokawa to coincide with the film's release.

Source: Ota☆Suke
VindstotAug 25, 2020 9:51 AM
Aug 25, 2020 3:35 AM

Apr 2012
It seems to me, or have there been more anime films lately?
Aug 25, 2020 7:15 AM
May 2015
RobertBobert said:
Probably because it's more profitable for them to make movies than a full 12 or 25 episode season?

I don't mind though. It's so much more easier to digest than waiting weekly for 12 weeks or 25 weeks just to see how the story unfolds
jc9622Aug 25, 2020 7:23 AM

Aug 25, 2020 8:16 AM

Apr 2012
jc9622 said:
RobertBobert said:
Probably because it's more profitable for them to make movies than a full 12 or 25 episode season?

I don't mind though. It's so much more easier to digest than waiting weekly for 12 weeks or 25 weeks just to see how the story unfolds

Well, I don't care about the format as long as the story is interesting enough and well told. Although I still cannot watch the movie about Haruha Suzumiya, I am ashamed.
Aug 25, 2020 10:21 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
...Is nobody gonna talk about the fact how this movie somehow got PIKACHU'S VOICE ACTRESS???????
Aug 25, 2020 11:59 AM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
Fario-P said:
...Is nobody gonna talk about the fact how this movie somehow got PIKACHU'S VOICE ACTRESS???????

Pikachu's and Mew's <3
Aug 25, 2020 12:09 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Aidan said:
Fario-P said:

Pikachu's and Mew's <3

wow the voice actors of two cute pokemon in one movie as one character, idk if i should watch this movie just for that then
Aug 25, 2020 12:19 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
Fario-P said:
Aidan said:

Pikachu's and Mew's <3

wow the voice actors of two cute pokemon in one movie as one character, idk if i should watch this movie just for that then

I sure know I am lol.
Aug 25, 2020 11:28 PM

Apr 2017
RobertBobert said:

There have always been a lot but they are receiving more attention, for sure. Anime movies getting western releases is becoming more common.
Awoo :3
Aug 26, 2020 3:03 AM

Apr 2012
ArcFloof said:
RobertBobert said:

There have always been a lot but they are receiving more attention, for sure. Anime movies getting western releases is becoming more common.

So did the western hype around films help to draw attention to them in general?
Aug 26, 2020 4:26 AM

Apr 2017
RobertBobert said:
ArcFloof said:

Hard to say. Anime is becoming more popular outside of Japan so that can play a big part of it, as well.
Awoo :3
Aug 26, 2020 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
ArcFloof said:
RobertBobert said:

Hard to say. Anime is becoming more popular outside of Japan so that can play a big part of it, as well.

Well, I was surprised to see that Promare was getting twice as many reviews on Rotten Tommatoes than comparatively more hyped in anime community Liz and Blue Bird. Moreover, many reviews were not written on anime resources.
Sep 2, 2020 9:35 PM
Feb 2019

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
12 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.