Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (33) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2020 10:49 AM

Feb 2008
I think this is the best piece I've made in a while and its probably cause I made it for fun
I made a little speedpaint of it too if anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkBQLBw9HY
Aug 10, 2020 2:00 PM

Feb 2017
A drawing I did on anondraw. Drew it really small so it's pretty pixel-y lol.
Aug 10, 2020 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
JKKH said:

Drawing small is actually more convenient and better overall (since bigger drawings take a really long time to render all the details), plus drawing small lets you notice all the major mistakes right away unlike when you drawing big.

Good posture, I like it!
Aug 10, 2020 3:32 PM

Feb 2017
BallistikJuice said:

Drawing small is actually more convenient and better overall (since bigger drawings take a really long time to render all the details), plus drawing small lets you notice all the major mistakes right away unlike when you drawing big.

Good posture, I like it!

Yeah I like drawing small for those reasons, I always pick out the smallest sketchbooks I can find lol. And thanks! I like the drawings you've been posting too, cool shading style :)
Aug 10, 2020 3:36 PM

Jan 2016
BallistikJuice said:
JKKH said:

Good posture, I like it!

I have to disagree, drawing small is not convenient at all. You have to be mindful of your restricted space for details. Your lines cannot thicken and balancing it in general has to be done with trained eyes. You let go of a lot of details for the overall image. Drawing big is much liberating and has less restrictions with over your tools.

Also nice drawing JK.

Lines
Aug 10, 2020 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
Brucie said:
BallistikJuice said:

Good posture, I like it!

I have to disagree, drawing small is not convenient at all. You have to be mindful of your restricted space for details. Your lines cannot thicken and balancing it, in general, has to be done with trained eyes. You let go of a lot of details for the overall image. Drawing big is much liberating and has fewer restrictions with over your tools.

To each their own, I guess, I was simply talking about my own experience.

And, drawing initial thumbnails/sketches small (be that digital or traditional) is always better than drawing big, you later can resize into any size your heart desires and work your details from there.

Also, there is a reason why painters are always walk away from the painting often and look at it from the distance, instead of standing up close all the time.

*Also, post your art as well.
Aug 10, 2020 4:18 PM

Jan 2016
BallistikJuice said:
Brucie said:

I have to disagree, drawing small is not convenient at all. You have to be mindful of your restricted space for details. Your lines cannot thicken and balancing it, in general, has to be done with trained eyes. You let go of a lot of details for the overall image. Drawing big is much liberating and has fewer restrictions with over your tools.

To each their own, I guess, I was simply talking about my own experience.

And, drawing initial thumbnails/sketches small (be that digital or traditional) is always better than drawing big, you later can resize into any size your heart desires and work your details from there.

Also, there is a reason why painters have always walk away from the painting often and look at it from the distance, instead of standing up close all the time.

*Also, post your art as well.

Digital work cannot be truly discussed in par with traditional medium. Since you can manipulate the size and zoom etc. Traditional medium is less forgiving.

Painting and drawing are different too. You dont do it with the same principle. Your medium doesnt freely allow you to (draw) if i may say. rather, color? you compose your image with coloring technique rather than lines.

When you draw, you shade but your line thickness is determined strictly based on what you're going for, how much space you're trying to use and the depth you go for. If you draw small, normal lines will be considered thick and portray a deeper tone, so artists have to resort to thinner lines for the overall image.

Also, not only painters leave their work for a bit, designers programmers, novelist any type of artistic/time consuming work that requires details has to be stepped away from because you get impaired and sucked in unnecessary process. Your brain doesnt function as it should, it requires space.

Drawing big or small is a preference, but since it creative corner, there's no harm in discussing tools and flexibility in work so they can try more and improve.
BrucieAug 10, 2020 4:22 PM

Lines
Aug 10, 2020 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
@Brucie, my comfortable paper size overall 5.5" x 8.5" good for on the go, also good overall, but if I want to go bigger than it would be 8 x 10, but, that as far as I can go, everything bigger than that then I would feel uncomfortable, so like I said > To each their own.
Aug 10, 2020 4:31 PM

Jan 2016
BallistikJuice said:
@Brucie, my comfortable paper size overall 5.5" x 8.5" good for on the go, also good overall, but if I want to go bigger than it would be 8 x 10, but, that as far as I can go, everything bigger than that then I would feel uncomfortable, so like I said > To each their own.

"Drawing small is actually more convenient and better overall (since bigger drawings take a really long time to render all the details), plus drawing small lets you notice all the major mistakes right away unlike when you drawing big."

As i said, its a preference, i was simply replying to your statement.

Lines
Aug 11, 2020 5:31 PM

Jul 2011
I painted a mountain scenery for a friend.

Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Aug 11, 2020 6:33 PM

Jan 2020
BurntFlower said:
I painted a mountain scenery for a friend.

I really like this. Sorta feels like somewhere hidden in the Grand Canyon.

OT: Got an OC i made here.

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 - 𝘓𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭

Aug 11, 2020 11:44 PM

Jul 2020
Using dip pens for the first time since 2018 and holy shit why did I stop using them they're fun as hell

HYPED for Monster Hunter Rise! (wish March 26th would come sooner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform you I'm actually terrible at monster hunter lmao
Aug 12, 2020 12:54 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I make really quick doodles or sketches that start out awful and end up at the very least, relatively good. They are done so that I know what I have in mind for later.
This is my most recent early doodle. I shit you not, it is supposed to be Kaiji... it'll look good when I get to it. When i'm in the mood for it.

I make a lot of cartoons and character designs as well.

I love to mess around in MSpaint.

I have a lot of better drawing sketches, but I'm not in the mood to take a picture. I'm quite tired. My art is quite varied, but I mostly do cartoons. I really need to leave my comfort zone.
ChartTopper60Aug 12, 2020 1:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2020 2:41 AM
Aug 2020
ChartTopper60 said:
I make really quick doodles or sketches that start out awful and end up at the very least, relatively good. They are done so that I know what I have in mind for later.
This is my most recent early doodle. I shit you not, it is supposed to be Kaiji... it'll look good when I get to it. When i'm in the mood for it.

I make a lot of cartoons and character designs as well.

I love to mess around in MSpaint.

I have a lot of better drawing sketches, but I'm not in the mood to take a picture. I'm quite tired. My art is quite varied, but I mostly do cartoons. I really need to leave my comfort zone.

Nice sketches. I like that you have your own style. The drawings are dynamic, which I like.
Aug 12, 2020 9:04 PM

Jul 2011
@KafkaKamakura I am not 100% certain if it was the Grand Canyon, because of how extensively my friend has traveled, but it's a strong possibility. Thank you for your kind words and keep drawing! Have you ever tried sketching pics of nude figures and models to help you improve on your anatomy? I struggle with hands A LOT, so I need to do more.
Aug 12, 2020 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
@BurntFlower I have drawn a bit of male anatomy, though i still need to do way more in order to be able to improve my ability to draw hands, feet, arms, elbows, chests etc. I'd say the only things i'm confident in when it comes to drawing is eyes and hair, though they're pretty easy regardless.

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 - 𝘓𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭

Aug 12, 2020 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
@BurntFlower, I like it a lot! you pretty good with oils.

*Only one thing that I would've added to it is 'darkening/muted water' and only leave Cyans water highlights the same as the sky's darker tones, but I'm a grim-faced so I always like everything muted 😏 (so don't mind me if something)

Aug 13, 2020 4:01 AM

Jul 2011
@KafkaKamakura maybe you should try female anatomy next. The human form is so complex, doing portraits is very intimidating for me. Keep on practicing!

BallistikJuice said:

*Only one thing that I would've added to it is 'darkening/muted water' and only leave Cyans water highlights the same as the sky's darker tones, but I'm a grim-faced so I always like everything muted 😏 (so don't mind me if something)

Thank you sooooo much for this! I always welcome constructive criticism because it is the only way to improve as an artist. The water looks very much improved in your edit!
Aug 13, 2020 5:41 PM

Feb 2017
Tried drawing in a shoujo-y style. The eyes were fun to do, I liked going all in on the details with them. Some of the references I was looking at were still even more detailed tho lol.
Aug 13, 2020 7:16 PM

Oct 2018
Konnichiwa!

@Tsukik0

This is the 7th colored rose out of 12+ flowers I've drawn for friends on MAL & sent to PMs. This is the first to be shared publicly. Hope ya like it lethal sis:

Ps: Song I was listening to on my secretive unnoticeable headphones as I made my students do a written assignment to be able to have time to draw this within the two classes I told ya I'd be occupied in. Rushed it in 10 minutes..gomenasai.

The track is slowed down to help me calm down my ADHD and my shaky hand. Had to redraw the rose 4 times since I kept fucking up.

Pss: Lazy edited gif version of the rose:

Psss: @SweetMonia I owe you a fanart as well as a redraw for @Mila91 this month... Sumimasen.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Aug 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2015
wow I like the theme. And the gif version is awesome. I really like the slowed down Billie song. Thanks!
@UNlCORN
Tsukik0Aug 13, 2020 8:01 PM
お前の病気ほしいな
Aug 14, 2020 3:56 AM

Oct 2018
@UNlCORN Wow I just love your gif effects, looks great.

Aug 14, 2020 4:10 AM
Aug 2020
BallistikJuice said:

I kinda remembered an animated movie from this. Check out the design of the mini people in Arthur and the Invisibles
Aug 14, 2020 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
JKKH said:
Tried drawing in a shoujo-y style. The eyes were fun to do, I liked going all in on the details with them. Some of the references I was looking at were still even more detailed tho lol.

Nice eyes glare! I see you "shoveled them" deep😎

btw, did you use iPad Air with Procreate App to draw this? ...I've been hearing really good things about these iPads Air (now we can all throw all Wacom Cintiqs out of the window)

Also, there is a really nice yet simple Painting App on Apple. (I'm really drooling over it)
removed-userAug 14, 2020 8:33 PM
Aug 14, 2020 8:36 PM

Feb 2017
BallistikJuice said:

Nice eyes glare! I see you "shovel them" deep😎

btw, did you used iPad Air with Procreate App to draw this? ...I've been hearing really good things about these iPads Air (now we can all throw all Wacom Cintiqs out of the window)

Also, there is a really nice yet simple Painting App on Apple. (I'm really drooling over it)

Thanks lol, I love adding in the eye glare. And nah I used a Wacom Intuos with Krita (works pretty nice for a free program) on my computer. It'd be nice to draw on a tablet with a display screen tho.
Aug 15, 2020 6:50 AM

Jul 2011
Here's another landscape painting I made. This time, it's a woman kayaking in a lake.

JKKH said:

Very cute, I hope you continue working on this; I'd like to see it in color!
Aug 15, 2020 12:50 PM

Feb 2017
BurntFlower said:
Here's another landscape painting I made. This time, it's a woman kayaking in a lake.

JKKH said:

Thanks! and I might try doing color for it. I really oughta color more of my drawings, I tend to slack off at that point lol. I love how you use color in your art, really vibrant!
Aug 16, 2020 7:07 PM

Jul 2011
JKKH said:
BurntFlower said:

Thanks! and I might try doing color for it. I really oughta color more of my drawings, I tend to slack off at that point lol. I love how you use color in your art, really vibrant!

Thank you so much! I absolutely LOVE making really colorful paintings, which is slightly ironic given that a lot of my interests are quite dark (subject matter wise). :p
Aug 16, 2020 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
BurntFlower said:
I absolutely LOVE making really colorful paintings, which is slightly ironic given that a lot of my interests are quite dark (subject matter wise). :p

Ya don't fucking say, although I do appreciate the dichotomy.

Aug 16, 2020 7:38 PM

Jul 2011
Pheasant (watercolor markers)

Aug 17, 2020 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
UNlCORN said:
Konnichiwa!

@Tsukik0

This is the 7th colored rose out of 12+ flowers I've drawn for friends on MAL & sent to PMs. This is the first to be shared publicly. Hope ya like it lethal sis:

Ps: Song I was listening to on my secretive unnoticeable headphones as I made my students do a written assignment to be able to have time to draw this within the two classes I told ya I'd be occupied in. Rushed it in 10 minutes..gomenasai.

The track is slowed down to help me calm down my ADHD and my shaky hand. Had to redraw the rose 4 times since I kept fucking up.

Pss: Lazy edited gif version of the rose:

Psss: @SweetMonia I owe you a fanart as well as a redraw for @Mila91 this month... Sumimasen.

A bit late, since I am in my hometown, and I barely used MAL laterly, but I like that flower. Along with the Japanese character in it :3

p.s. It would be lovely to get a fan art from someone like you~ :3
Aug 20, 2020 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
Half-assed practice drawing

Aug 22, 2020 3:58 PM

Aug 2020
Well, my friend is in love with adventure time, so I drew him a little adventure time themed drawing. Which at the moment, is my profile picture until I can make a drawing for myself is my profile picture.

Aug 28, 2020 12:00 PM

Jul 2016
Doing some original character design in Krita. This is Lachlan in casual clothes (right) and a party outfit inspired by The Prisoner (left). Fucked up the hands quite a bit but I just about managed to salvage the faces. Still need to get practice doing facial expressions.

Aug 29, 2020 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
sketch

15characterlimit

Aug 30, 2020 6:23 PM

Feb 2009
Found some time to finish a pose of a character from the front. Wanted the head turned and lifted a little. Perspective can be tricky lol

valceSep 11, 2020 6:17 AM
Sep 1, 2020 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
It's 10pm here. I'm tired but this flashed through my mind while listening to Preach by Saint Motel.

Sep 2, 2020 10:36 PM

Jan 2020
Hehe I drew Patamon :) tell me your thoughts!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2020 7:33 PM

Jul 2020
idk had the stupid idea to draw my Monster hunter character doing the "Misato-beer" thing. Don't think I got the vibe right but it looks nice at least

Sep 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Dec 2015
mikasa ackerman drawing
Sep 4, 2020 11:13 PM

Sep 2020
My first post on the forum. Figure I'd start with what I spend my time doing. This was made in Procreate

Sep 9, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 2020
goddamn it another pic with my MH character

I call this: I watched Kaiba, I got sad, wanted to draw something inspired by the rounded artstyle, ran with this idea i guess. Was gonna leave it at a rough sketch but I stayed up last night to finish it

Sep 9, 2020 11:09 AM

Jun 2020
Hi, I kinda wanted to vent a bit about my drawing.
I was just scrolling posemaniacs to find what to draw, just like usual. And then when I look to the categories, it's really funny for me to see "male (freak)" category, I was thinking of how weird it was, then as I scrolled, I found this pose and it kinda reminds me to Kurosawa, because I've seen this picture before. So I wanted to draw that. WITHOUT EVEN CHECKING THAT PICTURE AGAIN FIRST.

I was just referencing the pose this whole time, (although I did take reference from another pic of him for the uniform too). But, I didn't take a look at all to the picture I was inspired by and I thought it was just like what I drew.

This is the result of what I was drawing:

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then yes.... I'm sorry.... It's very dirty.... The picture that I was inspired by is already dirty, and I make it way more dirty now. As I comparing the two of them now, after I finished it, I feel really embarrased. I can't never imagine that I would ever spend around 3 hours time and effort to draw a censored fanart of a manga character jerking off.

I didn't draw the actual "thing" but it just feels wrong somehow, looking at this drawing, and knowing that it's actually me who draws it. Here's the proof (uncensored) for the clarification. Sorry for the long rant, it might not needed but I just feel like telling the backstory of this. Because if I don't, it would be really weird....

I don't know whether this could be categorized as an overly sexualized image? If it is, I'm sorry for posting it here DX
katastrofikalSep 9, 2020 3:17 PM

Sep 12, 2020 6:16 AM

Jun 2019
Not the latest but,
https://medibang.com/book/t42008312238427090014712014/
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful.
Sep 13, 2020 10:42 AM

Sep 2020
Artwork for a youtuber in Bleach style

Sep 15, 2020 12:50 AM
Aug 2020

Just some of the artworks I've done over the past month. Please give my Instagram page a quick look for some more!

@artmattsku
@artmattsku

Thanks so much!! I appreciate it all!!! ^^
I work mainly within paints, alcohol markers, and traditional pencil/paper
Sep 17, 2020 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
I'm finally putting my Surface Book 2 to its intended use:

Still figuring things out in Clip Studio Paint, so this is very much a version one.

Sep 18, 2020 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
@FacelessVixen, nice, I was waiting for when you gonna upload your new painting. (Lol, reminds me of those Cultists in Diablo II)

Did you use the default CSP brushes?

I bought some "realistic" oily brush pack for Photoshop from some YouTuber painter but turned out that my stupid Wacom tablet doesn't respond properly with new Photoshop (also assigned buttons don't work properly), even though I reinstall the driver etc, oh well, I only use PS for editing only anyway😒 (only waisted money on those brushes)
removed-userSep 18, 2020 10:51 AM
Sep 18, 2020 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
@BallistikJuice: Thanks. I basically took a break from painting in August.

And yes. After a few practice sketches and scribbles, the standard oil paint, flat oil paint, G-pen, and real G-pen with the Blend tool and some gradients seem to work best for me at the moment. As far as downloading extra things goes, Clip's Image Materials look like more useful add-ons. The rain effect is one of Clip's add-ons, the tree in the background is my own photography, and I'll be using film grain/monochrome noise very often.

I still need Photoshop for my usual gradient maps, color corrections and other things that are beyond Clip's scope, though.

Sep 19, 2020 4:08 AM

Sep 2020
Took about 2 hours to complete.

Pages (33) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
3 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
11 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.