Forum Settings
Forums

'Noblesse' Anime Series Premieres in October 2020 [Update 8/14]

New
Aug 13, 2020 5:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Crunchyroll revealed the main cast, staff, the first promotional video, and a teaser visual (pictured) for the anime adaptation of Jae-Ho Son and Gwang-Su Lee's Noblesse manhwa on Thursday. The anime series will premiere on Crunchyroll in October 2020.

Cast
Cadis Etrama Di Raizel: Tarusuke Shingaki (Noblesse: Awakening)
Frankenstein: Daisuke Hirakawa (Dance with Devils)
M-21: Kousuke Oonishi (Fairy Tail: Final Series)
Han Shinwoo (Yusuke Tashiro): Ryouta Iwasaki (Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season)
Woo Ik-Han (Manabu Kase): Youhei Hamada (Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama.)

Staff
Chief Director: Shunsuke Tada (Kuroko no Basket, Tsubasa: Shunraiki)
Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto (Hinomaruzumou, Jitsu wa Watashi wa)
Series Composition: Sayaka Harada (Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi, Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru script)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Akiharu Ishii (Gunjou no Magmell, Blood+)
Studio: Production I.G (Kabukichou Sherlock, B: The Beginning)
Planning: Sola Entertainment

Synopsis
Within an abandoned building in South Korea lies a white coffin, from which rises Cadis Etrama Di Raizel "Rai"—an unimaginably beautiful, dignified, and noble man. Awakening in this unknown time, Rai must seek out someone he can trust—his loyal companion, Frankenstein. To begin with, Rai attempts to blend into human society by transforming his old-fashioned clothing into the pristine blazer of the nearby Ye Ran High School. As it turns out, the principal of the school is his servant Frankenstein.

After slumbering for the past 820 years, Rai requires Frankenstein's help to adapt to the current age, so Frankenstein enrolls him as a new student in order to help him understand modern society and experience a normal life. Frankenstein's plans, however, soon go awry not only because of the problems stemming from modern society, but also unresolved conflicts from him and his master's troubled past. Left with no other choice, Rai must resort to using his mysterious power to protect those he holds dear. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

The supernatural action manhwa began in Naver Webtoon (now Line Webtoon) in December 2007 and concluded last January. Naver began releasing the chapters in English in June 2014. Noblesse has garnered a cumulative views of 4.6 billion worldwide.

South Korean animation production company Studio Animal produced an original video anime in December 2015. An original net anime titled Noblesse: Awakening by Production I.G streamed on Crunchyroll and YouTube in February 2016, adapting the first season of the manhwa.

PV

Source: Crunchyroll

Update August 14
Line Digital Frontier, operator of the webcomic portal Line Manga, opened an official website for the anime series on Friday and confirmed its Japanese broadcast this October. The website revealed the chief director (added above) and the Noblesse: Awakening original video anime as episode zero.

Noblesse: Awakening

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://noblesse-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @noblesse_jp

Source: PR Times

Noblesse on MAL
VindstotAug 14, 2020 4:32 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2020 5:05 PM
CSS Wizard

Jul 2009
Holy shit that came out of nowhere! It's finally getting an anime!
Aug 13, 2020 5:12 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
@Half_Bl00d
It was actually announced in February with seven other "Crunchyroll Originals", two of which The Tower of God and The God of High School.

I like Noblesse, have been anticipating this, hope the anime will be good c: just want me some more vamps
ChartTopper60Aug 13, 2020 6:34 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2020 5:21 PM

Aug 2016
It seems interesting, but given what rush jobs the other two webtoon anime are, I have low hopes for this.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Aug 13, 2020 5:22 PM
May 2015
Oh? Will you look at that. They're actually hiring some competent studios now instead of that no-name studio that adapted a manwha 2 seasons ago. At least, we know the visuals are going to look a lot better than that dogshit anime called Tower of Simp.

Aug 13, 2020 5:31 PM

Jul 2016
The visual look like the prequel which is ugly and generic. IG taking more BL oriented anime than any studio this year. The animation looks sloppy and half assed. With being a Manhwa its gonna be hyped.

Aug 13, 2020 6:22 PM

Feb 2011
I hope it's good, but if not I'm glad I have other things to occupy me. Like catching up on the Noblesse webtoon;;
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 13, 2020 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Sexy vampire boys are all I need. Would def watch this
Aug 13, 2020 6:54 PM

Jul 2019
I was not expecting this. I guess I’ll have to move it up my PTR.
Aug 13, 2020 7:07 PM
Oct 2017
Not hoping much after tog and goh adaptations.
Aug 13, 2020 7:16 PM
Sep 2016
MegamiRem said:

The Tower of God adaption was amazing. If this is half as good, I'll be happy.
Aug 13, 2020 7:24 PM

Jan 2009
you will expect this kind of average to bad animation quality on continuous long running anime but for short series like 1-cour? damn this is bad
Aug 13, 2020 7:25 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Looks like Production I.G is going to do the bare minimum for this one lol.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2020 7:26 PM

Nov 2018
i smell bad pacing... but would watch it anyway.
Aug 13, 2020 7:27 PM
Sep 2016
jc9622 said:
Oh? Will you look at that. They're actually hiring some competent studios now instead of that no-name studio that adapted a manwha 2 seasons ago. At least, we know the visuals are going to look a lot better than that dogshit anime called Tower of Simp.

Ok, I honestly cannot understand this attitude. Tower of God had gorgeous visuals. I think it's refreshing to have a SciFi style, and I prefer this style compared with the visuals of Kimetsu no Yaiba, or re:Zero. If anything, the Noblesse trailer leaves me disappointed with the visuals following ToG
name1_1Aug 13, 2020 7:31 PM
Aug 13, 2020 7:29 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Another anime adaptation of a manhwa produced (at least in part) by Crunchyroll? Is this gonna be a new trend or something?
Well if that's true then maybe they should produce an adaptation of Who Made Me A Princess next; I did drop this manhwa after a few chapters, but it was an interesting isekai from the little of it I read...
Aug 13, 2020 8:22 PM
May 2016
jc9622 said:

The studio that adapted Tower of God wasn't a no name studio. They're the studio that makes Lupin the III these days, whether it be part IV and V or any of the specials or movies, most if not all of them are done by that studio
Aug 13, 2020 8:27 PM
May 2016
The problem is that it's not necessarily poorly animated, but that the way the trailer is edited makes it hard to get a proper grasp of the animation. It's just cut after cut between what are basically gifs, rather than letting us get a proper feel for the animation as a whole.

I'm definitely going to watch this anyway, looks like one of the more interesting Crunchyroll originals
Aug 13, 2020 8:28 PM
Mar 2013
Please, don't be rushed as GoH
Aug 13, 2020 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
jc9622 said:

The studio that adapted Tower of God wasn't a no name studio. They're the studio that makes Lupin the III these days, whether it be part IV and V or any of the specials or movies, most if not all of them are done by that studio

Lupin was great because of the great staff involved, with movies being directed by Koike. The Tower of God staff, on the other hand,....
Aug 13, 2020 8:29 PM
May 2015
name1_1 said:
jc9622 said:

Ok, I honestly cannot understand this attitude. Tower of God had gorgeous visuals. I think it's refreshing to have a SciFi style, and I prefer this style compared with the visuals of Kimetsu no Yaiba, or re:Zero. If anything, the Noblesse trailer leaves me disappointed with the visuals following ToG
To each their own, I guess......I hated ToG's visuals because the art style looks rough, it looks cheap and it looks like it was made from 2008. The colours are not vibrant at all and watching it on an OLED screen makes it even more appearant how dull the colours look. Compare the visuals of Alicization or Princess Re:Connect to Tower of God and you'll see why I'm complaining.

The animation is fine though. The visuals just rubs me the wrong way.

Aug 13, 2020 9:05 PM
Oct 2017
name1_1 said:
MegamiRem said:

The Tower of God adaption was amazing. If this is half as good, I'll be happy.
TOG adaptation was better than GOH but compared to the webtoon it wasn't as good since they skipped a lot of info amd rushed things but yes it wasn't bad.
Aug 13, 2020 9:09 PM

May 2011
Here comes the other show that will be called a huge "revolution" in animation as a whole because it appears in the Webtoons website and Webtoons is the only place where Magnus Opus are written.
Aug 13, 2020 9:24 PM

Aug 2015
Hohoo....
Look who's planning to drag her friend to anime using this... XD
She loves Noblesse so much, let's see if i can make her watch it when it airs.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 13, 2020 10:21 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely not the best animated trailer out there, much less from Production I.G. but I've heard great things about the source material so hopefully this'll deliver.

Fall 2020 is packed as heck now...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 13, 2020 11:11 PM
May 2017
Finally !! I already know people are gonna shit on it but IDGAF. This was MY most hyped for WEBTOON series to be animated this year and I’ve been waiting so patiently for it to get here. Don’t care about the pacing since it ain’t ever gonna get any worse then that OVA from years ago. Also since I’m not one of those who is a wannabe animation know it all, it looks good to me. My sexy guy Rai about to be animated again and also gorgeous best girl Seira is here too. Seriously can’t wait, I’m not gonna hype it up to anyone cause you can either watch it or don’t. It’s up to you guys but I know I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of it and that’s all I care about
Aug 14, 2020 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
oof.. could at least get some of those talented Korean artists on board.
I don't know the story and this PV is random as heck so I'm none the wiser.
Aug 14, 2020 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
Raizel looks so ugly in this trailer. Why did they cut his hair so early .. God, the animation is bad and editing even worse.. I had high expectations from production IG since the animation and fights were really good in the 2016 OVA adaptation, but this time, it looks like fans will be served shit 😩
Disappointed
Aug 14, 2020 1:37 AM

Jan 2015
Dayum ugly production quality
Aug 14, 2020 3:04 AM
Feb 2018
I am a SUCKER for those Crunchyroll X Webtoon animes and I A M S O R E A D Y TO SIMP
Aug 14, 2020 3:17 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Ooooh, I picked that webtoon up a few days ago only
Can definitely say I'll be watching it
I expect a lot

Aug 14, 2020 4:21 AM
Aug 2018
Don't be fooled by the production ig name cos NONE of the staff members excluding the chief director is a part of the staple production ig animation team.The camera angles look like a shoujo anime and the movements look stiff as hell
Aug 14, 2020 4:28 AM

Sep 2017
Looks kinda bad to me, especially for a Production I.G. anime

(the fact that the Chief Animation Supervisor worked on Magmell doesn't help)
Aug 14, 2020 5:22 AM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
It seems interesting, but given what rush jobs the other two webtoon anime are, I have low hopes for this.

Gotta keep milking the webtoon market. I wonder how many half assed adaptations with their stamp on will follow. Honestly wish the production team could take their time, but riding the hype wave seems more important.

I was always neutral towards Crunchyroll, now I have a low opinion of them.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2016
FMmatron said:
JokerVentura said:

Gotta keep milking the webtoon market. I wonder how many half assed adaptations with their stamp on will follow. Honestly wish the production team could take their time, but riding the hype wave seems more important.

I was always neutral towards Crunchyroll, now I have a low opinion of them.

I don't see there being any others than the announced ones. Crunchyroll are in debt atm and are almost too eager to shop themselves around. Seems like they've made some bad moves and should have just stuck to licensing shows.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Aug 14, 2020 7:07 AM

Jan 2016
More bad adaptation to avoid.
Aug 14, 2020 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
Getting ready for Jojo fans to say that Raizel's awakening is Dio reference
Aug 14, 2020 8:39 AM
May 2016
Zexus95 said:
NG_Chloe said:

Lupin was great because of the great staff involved, with movies being directed by Koike. The Tower of God staff, on the other hand,....

okay, now that....THAT makes the real difference
Aug 14, 2020 8:39 AM

Feb 2013
I'm excited!!!!!
Aug 14, 2020 9:14 AM
Aug 2016
Please stop goddammit...
Aug 14, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
It looks like they're animating all the way through the DA-5 arc, but stopping before the Dr. Aris arc which is about 140 chapters. If they make it 2 cour I could see it being decently paced, but if the adaption is 1 cour it might be pretty rough. I just hope it comes back for a season 2 and they animate Lukedonia. You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the 140 chapters are very short so that might seem like a lot but it's probably the equivalent of 50-70 or so chapters of an average manga.
SaicheAug 14, 2020 10:35 AM
Aug 14, 2020 10:44 AM
Mar 2019
Every one working on this is pretty inexperienced. Production IG previously made OVAs for Noblesse which were OK. I hope they do this justice because the trailer look...weird I guess. I don't want to call it bad outright because Anime in general doesn't have great PVs but this still doesn't look that great so let's wait and see.
Aug 14, 2020 11:30 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
News Update
Line Digital Frontier, operator of the webcomic portal Line Manga, opened an official website for the anime series on Friday and confirmed its Japanese broadcast this October. The website revealed the chief director (added above) and the Noblesse: Awakening original video anime as episode zero.

Noblesse: Awakening

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://noblesse-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @noblesse_jp

Source: PR Times

Aug 14, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Cannot wait to see these 2/10, 3/10, 4/10, 4/10 reviews.
Aug 14, 2020 1:59 PM
Oct 2018
That pv didnt look good and i know most pv dont look good but it just didnt grab my attention and the staff seem to be new sooo i probably would watch the first episode
Aug 14, 2020 5:30 PM
Feb 2012
it looks cheap as fuck!
Aug 14, 2020 9:26 PM

Sep 2019
Well boys, get ready for another fuckfest where the manhwa haters will fight wars against the koreaboos about the quality of the yet another rushed crunchyroll shit orgy. Then, when Noblesse turns out to have the quality of a fried piece of turkey meat, the haters will proclaim their loud victories as the manhwa readers cry themselves to sleep whilst listening to unravel.

God please no more crunchyroll manhwa adaptations. I beg you.
Aug 15, 2020 12:21 AM

May 2012
This should be at least better than The God of High School

Aug 15, 2020 1:50 AM

Sep 2011
I LOVED noblesse awakening 2016 by production ig and 4 years later you expect them to be better but they said nope we going back to 2009
Aug 15, 2020 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
I hope it is the last anime adaptation of a manhwa. I used to think that battle shonen fans were the most annoying fanbase but manhwa fans have made it clear to me that they are not.

Really tired of seeing them overhyping mediocre stuff and their little wars between themselves.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

28 by thebrentinator24 »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.