Forum Settings
Forums

'Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken' Reveals Additional Cast, Key Visual

New
Aug 5, 2020 2:42 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
The official website for the new television anime adaptation of Riku Sanjou and Koji Inada's Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure) manga revealed two additional cast and a new key visual (pictured) on Wednesday. The anime will begin airing on TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, TV Setouchi, TV Hokkaido, TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting in October 2020.

Kenichi Ogata (Boku no Hero Academia) and Ai Furihata (Love Live! Sunshine!!) will play Brass and Gome-chan, respectively.

Previously announced cast members include Atsumi Tanezaki (Mahoutsukai no Yome) as Dai, Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Gamers!) as Pop, Mikako Komatsu (Arte) as Maam, Saori Hayami (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun) as Leona, Takahiro Sakurai (Babylon) as Avan, and Yuki Kaji (Ahiru no Sora) as Hyunckel.

Kazuya Karasawa (World Trigger episode director) is helming the series at Toei Animation, with Katsuhiko Chiba (Tiger Mask W) in charge of the series composition. Emiko Miyamoto (Mahoutsukai Precure!) is designing the characters, and Yuuki Hayashi (Blood Lad) is composing the music.

The original manga was serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump between 1989 and 1996. Toei Animation previously produced a television anime that aired from Fall 1991–1992.

Source: Comic Natalie
Aug 5, 2020 3:07 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Ogata as Brass, and (SS best girl) Furihata as Gome-chan??? Those voices work so well!! Cannot wait for this reboot, and hoping for some sakuga as well, but not limited to Shida.

I know it's wishful thinking, but... I would love to see a reboot of Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba, as well...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2020 4:31 PM

Jan 2009
ChartTopper60 said:

I know it's wishful thinking, but... I would love to see a reboot of Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba, as well...

that would be awesome i like the simple character design of Yaiba anime
Aug 5, 2020 4:32 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
deg said:
ChartTopper60 said:

that would be awesome i like the simple character design of Yaiba anime

Yeah lol I thought that the crayon type backgrounds were really good too, I wonder how the anime would look today
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2020 10:48 PM

Aug 2015
I'm seeing Furihata more often now.. glad she got more and more role~

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 6, 2020 7:34 AM

May 2012
Can't wait for this. One of the my favorite anime next season

I hope for full manga adaptation

TheQuietLife said:

Might watch

You should watch it if you are shonen fan. It is much better than any of the other dragon quests games/anime when it comes to story and villains, there is a lot of big fights and twists. I have read the whole manga.

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
Today, 9:22 AM

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.