Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2020 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Kazuya has to make a difficult decision this episode. For a series' finale, they sure as hell rose the stakes in regards to Kazuya's mother.

Actually felt like this is a series' finale. Also probably the most serious episode in this season.
Jun 21, 2020 6:26 AM

Jul 2017
Kazuya's final fight, with Azami's resurrection and re-creation of his mom Kanaka.

To even the extent that Mayoiga under Lord Miurahi's control feels insanely overwhelming, there's no way to fight Kanaka bare-handed under extreme circumstances. Even for goddess Kukuri and the rest of the clan, it feels like a psychological battle of epic proportions.

Kanaka and Azami vs. the rest of the humans and the Mayoiga tsukumogami. This heated battle even for Kukuri, is a real problem and challenge to overcome as Kanaka's powers are too much to handle.

Only Kazuya and Kiriha left with to defeat the amasogi that Kazuya created, with their Divine Ascension...but even that is a total loss. To the extent of sister Kasumi having to help him, it was one epic battle of many sacrifices.

Some secret guests over at Kazuya's house (Oriobana and Bakura) to explain what had just happened, and it all ended being a time-lapse of 3 years. Glad that everyone is safe from massive inmjuries of fighting Kanaka, but Kukuri and Kiriha ended up being fatalities resulting in this incident.

Kazuya, really is at his wits end, but learning to take content of what happened, with a stride on his face.

The most epic episode, the finale being the best of all.

Really wondering if we'd get a Season 3 to continue this journey.
Jun 21, 2020 6:45 AM

Apr 2010
I was expecting some changes from the manga but they did very well adopting the ending.
This pretty much confirms a third season.

It was nice tho see this all animated so if a third season does really air i wonder how that will turn out.
Jun 21, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
The last all-out battle was tense; especially Kukuri's attack was beyond our imagination. But the result was... I didn't think main characters would be lost. We have to wait for the sequel.
kuroneko99Jun 23, 2020 12:25 AM
Jun 21, 2020 8:02 AM
May 2019
Holy shit, what a massacre. I guess now season 3 is a must?
Jun 21, 2020 8:07 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode. They really killed off Kukuri and Kiriha. This needs a third season.
And in the meantime, I'll continue to read the manga.

Jun 21, 2020 9:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kukuri and Kiriha... really serious and sad episode indeed, the fight was really good, I want to see the finale battle 3 years later, we absolutely need a third season now.
Jun 21, 2020 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
Well shit I didn't see these developments coming. This finale took on a darker tone than I was expecting. I enjoyed the action and it was nice to see that this situation actually had serious consequences in terms of casualties. The timeskip should be cool to look forward to if we do get a 3rd season. Damn this show really picked up steam in the last few episodes and finished strong.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 21, 2020 9:31 AM
Dec 2015
if they realy killed kirihia
i see no point in watching next season
but i guess she will return so will check i t out

(not becouse i like her or something its more like she is part of who he is and she promise to help him so she will return)
kukuri
its sad

+ i dont see the point of him getting stronger wih out obi or how so gg plot
Jun 21, 2020 9:36 AM
Jul 2019
Where do I start reading the manga on this one?
Jun 21, 2020 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
Oy oy wait wtf just happened, that escalated way too fast. Kukuri and Kiriha dead just like that and Kazuya's sister is frozen in time. I'm at a loss for words, I've been delaying reading the manga for 2 years now but there's no freaking way I'm gonna delay it any longer.

This season was surprisingly really good, we didn't get a lot ecchi scenes but instead the story progressed a lot in just 12 episodes.
Jun 21, 2020 10:31 AM
Dec 2017
Both s1 and s2 butchered the manga
Jun 21, 2020 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
Mom of the season no doubt and I would look forward to a third round of this anime. I mean common, who wouldn't after the teasing at the end.

Overall actually pretty good for a low-production battle ecchi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2020 10:59 AM
Nov 2017
They cut a lot of stuff out from the manga for both season 1 and 2. The fights were shorted and the fanservice was censored or skipped in the anime. They were some seen I would of loved to of seen animated but they skipped it like the part were they go into Kazuya dream, it was pretty funny as well as other seens that I thought were funny.
Jun 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Jun 2017
Holy fucking shit that went from 0 to 100 real quick. I doubt Kiriha is gone for good but to kill off Kukuri for real.. I legit didn't see that coming.

Jun 21, 2020 11:32 AM

Apr 2020
MomoSinX said:
Holy fucking shit that went from 0 to 100 real quick. I doubt Kiriha is gone for good but to kill off Kukuri for real.. I legit didn't see that coming.

This describes me perfectly after watching this episode XD

Maybe the gods are reborn like in Norigami?

The production and animating team pulled out all the stops when creating these fight scenes. His sister appearing was definitely unexpected.

See you all in 3 years!
Jun 21, 2020 12:21 PM
Apr 2018
That was an amazing way to wrap up this season. I am just excited about next. So gonna read Manga & will be waiting for the Anime, of course.

KANAKA "Kazuya's mom" was definitely my favorite villain character in this season. She is shown to have a straightforward personality just like KIRIHA Onee-san.

One of my favorite episode of this season.

Thank You :)
Jun 21, 2020 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
How the fuck can this season end here without announcing the next one? That's evil. Like, as the end of the episode approached, I started to doubt that this was the final episode, there was no way it would end like this... but yes, it did. WTF!

And then there's Kukuri... WTF Tsugumomo! I came to see boobs and cool fights, not to see waifus die. Give me back my loli! :'(

I got spoiled about it almost immediately after the first season ended but I didn't know how it would happen. Knowing that it would happen didn't make it any less painful, seeing those images of her and Kiriha was sad. Kiriha is also supposedly dead but she is the protagonist and at least we have seen her pieces so I have no doubt that she will return somehow.

God dammit, Kanaka, you're so cool and hot, why did you have to be the bad guy! Like, Jesus Christ, I love how skimpy her outfit is, it barely covers her ass lol.

That said, the biggest surprise is the sister. I never would have imagined that she would also be an exorcist and have her own Tsugumomo. Less surprising is her tight-fitting outfit that makes her show off her hot body xD

Glad to have Hayamin here!

So yeah, another great season of Tsugumomo. Like I said before, it's just evil to end it here without announcing a third season so for now I'll settle for the uncensored BD.
Jun 21, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2017
wait did Kukuri really die?
Jun 21, 2020 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
Hmmm, I don't know how to feel about that ending as its clearly not an ending. I guess if it was known there was another series coming it would sit a little better with me. Overall enjoyed the season and have overall good vibes about this show.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 21, 2020 2:07 PM

Sep 2008
for everyone who wants a 3rd season: it won't bring you any closure.
the manga has been nothing but filler since.
the anime itself was censored to hell.
while the manga's art is one of the best I've ever seen, the anime's art and animation are below mediocre. it's sad.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jun 21, 2020 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
Actually a rushed episode, and it’s even worse with no « see you in season 3 » at the end. Pretty sure Kiriha isn’t dead, i don’t see the point of training alone, or with another amasogi, since Kanaka use 2 obis... Kinda expected Kukuri to die, though a god... dying? I think she’d probably come back too but weakened...

Overall, this episode ruined the season for me. Dunno how the manga goes, but this is really some uninspired shonen trick... You don’t introduce the main antagonist in mere minutes then go « ok she’s too strong », come back 3 years later but with 2 less most important characters. It’s okay to go dark or whatever, but after 24 episodes, it was always balanced with fanservice. Really hate anime/manga that can’t keep their main direction...
akuma2002Jun 21, 2020 2:14 PM
Jun 21, 2020 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
They really went all out in this episode, the fight was great and this season has been generally well animated. I really need a season 3.
Jun 21, 2020 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. That was such a huge improvement since season one.
I hope we'll get season 3 one day.

Jun 21, 2020 2:57 PM

May 2018
So in the end of the day only Kasumi and her tsugumomo were able to save the day.......for the meantime, so will there be a season 3 or just an OVA to conclude the Kanaka arc????

RIP to Kukuri.....or is it???
Jun 21, 2020 8:25 PM
Feb 2017
Waiting for official announcement for S3 pls ring the notification button
Jun 21, 2020 10:19 PM
Mar 2015
Watching the obi and goddess die was painful
Jun 21, 2020 10:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
OMG, My Loli goddess and cute Obi dies just like that?!! NO WAY THIS SERIES END AT THAT WAY!

Shit. Its unexpected moment too, seeing Kazuya's sister had a Tsukumogami. And she had a great ability too! Its out of nowhere, to be honest. But, its okay to me to hide some great thing like that. Damn, Azami, after so much praised i'do to you before, you fuckin little devil must burned in the hell!

Fuck. Honestly the actions figured the pouring on everything so fast like the water controlled by Kukuri. Almost i can't figured it out what the hell happened. Even Kazuya just stand like shit when the time has come to him to finished the blown. But shit, he was so late like a snail, and made everyone die in a misery. Kukuri's definitely beyond the MVP there, despite her screened time might not be as much as Kiriha. Her last form really great. And damn, this episode changed my view for her appearance so much.

Yeah, the late respond from Kazuya's made everything blurry. Even his soul must be classified as lost if Kiriha not save his ass, once again ... RIP for both of them. Yeah, Kiriha too. Or, was i wrong? Idk if she could revived again or not. I might thing she can. But, yeah, its up to the author to make her destiny. Shit! RIP! I am tearing again!

Its over. Its over on the time with so much complicated moment. The cliffhanger style did not satisfied me much. I completely can't say anything to the show after shit like that. Its complexity make me think twice to give this show a max scores. However, afterall, this season served so much satisfaction than previous season. Its a great development, i can't lie. The new character gave so much refreshment to the whole series. Even in the end all of them just gone without anything to be left. Its enough to me, really.

So, with so much shit happened, i put this show as simple as possible. Its a 9/10 for overall sections of the series. First, its to give the respect of an improvement for the whole season since the good attempt of the previous season. Second, The adding of the effort studio's gave to the story that made a great progression until this arc of stage just give me more impression to the whole series. Thats my reason over this nice serialization.

Thats it. The possibility among the 3rd season still high. So keep the chance high in the sky. However, the sources material still available on the market. So its the right time to grab its fast to knowing shit might happen in the near future. The first time of ecchi show had a 9 scores on my list. Great! The first time a mixing harem, ecchi and action genres on the one season show had a 9 scores on my list. Superb!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 22, 2020 12:54 AM

Jun 2016
sadly this anime is ecchi and comedy... and because of that not many people watch this show... these anime turn from average shonen to amazing shonen... and I want to appreciate the creator that took this series to another level he sacrifices not 1 but 2 main characters that hold dear to viewer and manga reader... this anime should be your side dish... but now its become your main dish because of the plot... what an amazing plot...

I hope in the future anime like this will become more popular...

and man 2 girls is gone... just like that...

SEASON 3 BETTER BE GOOD or NEXT ARC BETTER BE GOOD
Jun 22, 2020 3:02 AM

Feb 2016
Well this was the perfect way to wrap up a series and lay the base for the next season. After this point in the manga I put it on hold and now I think it's the best time to continue.

The animation was consistent throughout the anime. Guess the animators didn't slack off
Jun 22, 2020 6:15 AM

Jun 2016
omg that ending so perfectly !!!
and the battle so badasssss !!!
i love this anime
Jun 22, 2020 6:53 AM

May 2012
Final episode is best episode. SOme amazing fights

I hope it gets 3rd season
Jun 22, 2020 6:32 PM

Nov 2011
No Fucking WAY! HOW DO YOU END THIS SEASON WITH OUT SAYING SEASON 3 AT THE END!?!?!? That fight was epic!!! I refuse to believe Kiriha and Kukuri are dead. Bullshit!

I'm ready to see Kazuya ruin Azami!

Come on Season 3 announcement please!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 22, 2020 6:57 PM

Mar 2014
what an end!
im so excited to see a good fight in 2020. i was surprised enough for the completed kukuri, but now im even more surprised that kanaka is even stronger enough to kill her.
kazuya is so weak and hesitated that kiriha died for him. but i like him for his decision in the end. he knows what he can and must do. the problem "your mother killed your wife, what would you do" is not even a problem to him.
however what can he do? even strong like kukuri is not capable. not mentioning that hes lost kiriha. if we can see him get another tsugumokami before the end of season, we can have more confidence and hope for him in the future.
and as a shonen manga, i dont doubt that kazuya will get another tsugumokami, become even more stronger in later episodes. and i believe that he will find ways to beat kanaka 3 years later. that means he will exceed kanaka (who has been strong enough to kill kami) as a tsugumokami user. so what would those gods consider? kanaka is so strong as an ally, but when she was controlled by azami, she became a big trouble. so why do they want to train him to be an even stronger human being whos also potentially out of control?

final verdict for 2nd season: 7/10. though animation quality drops a bit, the depth of story comes to another level. cant wait to see 3rd season.

i had doubted if kasumi is also irregular person in the 1st season, and now we finally know that she is also a tsugumokam user. but here comes a question: has her hourglass appeared in previous episodes? as human form or original form.
Jun 22, 2020 7:22 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Holy shit, those action scenes were sick.

Teared up when I heared Kukuri died, that was surprising. I'm gonna miss her in S3.
Jun 22, 2020 8:32 PM

Jan 2016
Damn I haven't seen a shonen-like antagonist murdering the entire cast in a while xD

Overall it was good, no more no less. Let's see if season 3 won't take as much as Kazuya's training lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 23, 2020 10:22 AM

Feb 2016
alukard108 said:
They cut a lot of stuff out from the manga for both season 1 and 2. The fights were shorted and the fanservice was censored or skipped in the anime. They were some seen I would of loved to of seen animated but they skipped it like the part were they go into Kazuya dream, it was pretty funny as well as other seens that I thought were funny.

Well, this is obvious. You can't have 1:1 adaptation and some ecchi scenes are borderline 18+ so including them would mean heavy censorship and probably very late-night airing slots which means less sponsorship and lower budget and production value.
Adaptation means compromises. Yes, they skipped some stuff and censored it a bit but it was pretty faithful, they didn't change the plot afaik and the production value was pretty high.

Also, this season was plot-heavy and even with cut content it felt a bit rushed. I can't imagine what it would be like if they added more fanservice and comedic scenes. And this stuff can always be adapted into OVAs.
Jun 23, 2020 10:34 AM

Jan 2019
I still don't understand what makes this anime and art style so nostalgic.
I don't mind that its censored nor that its not 1 to 1 with the manga. Its just right as it is + everything else I need is in the manga and ohh.. the quality of the manga, the work and passion that has been put into it!

Anyway, great second season.

... ok I think I figured out why it is so nostalgic ... oh god.
Jun 23, 2020 1:02 PM

Sep 2018
Wow! It is infamous to leave viewers with a similar cliffhanger: understandable such a season finale, the opposite would have been too uninspiring, stopping everything on the most beautiful in this way, leaves a bad taste in the mouth but at the same time creates many expectations for the third season. Hype! The narrative was as engaging as in the previous episode, the fights were interesting in their choreography, but the episode also leaves many doubts. That the clash between the character of Kukuri and Kanaka did not end in favor of the first, was obvious because it gave the impression as if Kukuri took the challenge lightly, but seeing such an epilogue was unexpected and electrifying. The last part of the episode was very serious, almost out of tune with the almost always light-hearted atmosphere seen in all the episodes of the second season. I hope the third season will arrive soon, because despite not being a masterpiece, this anime series manages to entertain well, despite the fact that there is a little too much fanservice in the way, eheheheh! The illustration at the end of the episode is pretty nice.

For now, my vote is 7.85/10
Jun 23, 2020 7:37 PM
Sep 2017
Have to say, based on the tone of the entire anime up to this point, this episode surprised the hell out of me. Did NOT expect Kukuri and Kiriha to die! :O
I’m thinking there must be some way to bring at least Kiriha back from the fabric shreds ... maybe? I was kinda meh about another season before, but now I really want a S3!
Jun 24, 2020 2:23 AM

Jun 2019
Wow, that was an amazing season finale. That ending completely blind sided me. I was not expecting the show to take such a dark but interesting turn. The only issue is the loss of Kiriha, as you can see from my profile avatar I think she's great & one of my favourite anime characters. She's got the right mix of everything, she's hard at times but soft at others, sexy but yet sweet, sly & cunning but not manipulative, strong but not over bearing, always staying close to Kazuya to watch out for him. Now she's gone. I'm hoping Kazuya will find a way to bring her back so she'll return in some form if we get a S3.

I'm praying for a season 3.
Jun 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2015
Kukuri and Kanaka's fight was a bit underwhelming but man seeing Kanaka use the weave techniques was cool.
Jun 24, 2020 3:22 PM

Jul 2017
Damn... this season was all kinds of amazing no doubts about it. Story got even spicier and THIS last episode... just wow, it was absolutely insane. We really need that 3rd season right now, i just can't wait to see Kazuya's time to shine.

8/10, a great sequel, really happy with the end result of the whole series.
Jun 24, 2020 6:49 PM
Mar 2018
Jirou_Kyouka said:
Both s1 and s2 butchered the manga

Butchered? Both were near perfect adaptations... Very little actually deviated from the manga.
Jun 25, 2020 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
Divine Possesion Kanaka is too overpowered! easily killing Kukuri! RIP! oh noh!
so next we have 3 years for Kazuya to train in order for him to defeat an overpowered villain! damn!
5/5.
waiting for next season!

Jun 26, 2020 12:05 AM

Oct 2015
This season was pretty decent and definitely a step-up from the first season overall albeit the meh first episode. Really looking forward to a sequel in the future
Jun 26, 2020 8:05 AM

Nov 2010
What a finale to the sequel! Let's hope we'll get a S3.
Jun 26, 2020 11:54 PM
Nov 2017
Thaeril said:
alukard108 said:

Well, this is obvious. You can't have 1:1 adaptation and some ecchi scenes are borderline 18+ so including them would mean heavy censorship and probably very late-night airing slots which means less sponsorship and lower budget and production value.
Adaptation means compromises. Yes, they skipped some stuff and censored it a bit but it was pretty faithful, they didn't change the plot afaik and the production value was pretty high.

Also, this season was plot-heavy and even with cut content it felt a bit rushed. I can't imagine what it would be like if they added more fanservice and comedic scenes. And this stuff can always be adapted into OVAs.

True, I don't expect a one on one adaptation like with some of the ecchi scenes they cut out yeah some of them were borderline hentai at parts so I could see those parts being turned into OVAs like what they did with some scenes from season 1. I was mostly just saying how I personally would of like to see some fights fully animated and some of the fanservice scenes animated and uncensored, as well as some of the other chapters they skipped animated. Overall it wasn't bad but did fell a bit rushed and having read the manga would of liked seeing some of the other chapters animated but I am happy for getting a second season and hope they make a third season.
Jun 27, 2020 3:40 PM

Feb 2014
This is what means when it comes to underrated animes (this one) and overrated ones (Demon Slayer)

This season, in the last half, focused in Kazuya´s past and in main plot line, which led to more drama and tension compared to season 01. Both seasons are very good and enjoyable in their own way.

Still can´t accpet Kukuri´s death. They wouldnt do it with such an awesome character. Yep, they wouldnt. Better come a 3rd season.

E Z 9/10
TechOtakuJun 27, 2020 3:53 PM
Jul 2, 2020 10:08 PM
Oct 2019
I just can't accept the death of Kukuri.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» season 3?

EmirDuja - May 4, 2021

11 by the7threvival »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2020

35 by Gazz »»
Apr 11, 2023 4:09 AM

Poll: » Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

37 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 15, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2020

55 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:31 AM

Poll: » Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

25 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 3, 2022 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.