Forum Settings
Forums

'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season' Reveals New Cast, Split Cours

New
Jun 11, 2020 6:08 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The special livestream for the second season of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-) revealed new cast, the first key visual (pictured), and the first promotional video on Thursday. The first cours of the new season will begin airing on AT-X at 10:30 p.m. on July 8, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11, and Sun TV, among other stations. The second cours will premiere in January 2021.

Cast
Garfiel Tinsel: Nobuhiko Okamoto (Kami no Tou)
Birma Ryuzu: Aimi Tanaka (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
Echidna: Maaya Sakamoto (Fate/Apocrypha)

The second season was originally scheduled to premiere in April 2020, but was delayed due to the effects of the COVID-19.

The anime series adapts Tappei Nagatsuki's adventure fantasy light novel, which debuted in Spring 2016. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Memory Snow, the first original video animation, screened in Japan in October 2018. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Hyouketsu no Kizuna, which covers the prequel novel included with the first Blu-ray volume, opened in theaters in Japan last November.

Nagatsuki launched the novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in April 2012. Kadokawa began publishing the series with illustrations by Shinichirou Ootsuka through its MF Bunko J imprint in January 2014. The 23rd volume is planned for a June 25 release. of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu has a cumulative 7 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotMar 26, 2021 6:42 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 11, 2020 6:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great stuff! Definitely was worth the wait...

I support the split-cour decision wholeheartedly here considering the state of the world at the moment and, in my records, it just makes Winter 2021 just that much better really.

Cast Additions are top-notch as expected. Boy, I just can;t wait for the 8th of July anymore...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 11, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2018
This is a good day. Seeing Maaya Sakamoto & Nobuhiko Okamoto being added to the Re:Zero cast is already an awesome thing. We're also getting Umaru~n VA and curious to hear Kouhei Amasaki.

PV is just amazing and we even get to hear the full anime-length song. I can't be more hyped than this most likely!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jun 11, 2020 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
Yes ,summer 2020 will be a fire season
Jun 11, 2020 6:49 AM

Feb 2019
My baby echidna looks fucking gorgeous, the trailer is fucking amazing. The music. The hype. My brain trembles chdjfjdj can’t contain the excitement lol time to hop in discord

Sakamoto Maya is an excellent casting choice too omg, can’t wait to see all of this animated
Jun 11, 2020 6:53 AM
Jul 2015
Split cour = they have time to do good animation. Do it justice please

Jun 11, 2020 6:57 AM

Sep 2017
oh hell yes give me more Maaya Sakamoto please
Jun 11, 2020 7:01 AM

Jun 2016
This split cours thing sure is popular.
Glad they got Maaya Sakamoto aka my favorite voice actress for this
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 11, 2020 7:12 AM
May 2015
Wooh!! Finally, it's confirmed and we have a set release date. I don't mind it being split cour though because at least they're going to be able to keep the animation consistent as opposed to having it run for 25 weeks straight and having the animation quality drop by the 2nd half.

Jun 11, 2020 7:33 AM
Jan 2018
Who the heck is "Birma Ryuzu"? Did it mean Lewes Meyer perhaps?
Jun 11, 2020 7:37 AM
Jun 2020
English Sub also available on youtube channel anime decoded
Link:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBf8BF_dIc
Jun 11, 2020 8:22 AM

Nov 2007
AmeAmeAme said:
Who the heck is "Birma Ryuzu"? Did it mean Lewes Meyer perhaps?
Check the character visual: https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1271061332658274304

Casts for live broadcast
https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1271069203118698497
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 11, 2020 8:25 AM
Aug 2016
More shitty Subaru cringe is upon our poor souls, God what did we do to deserve getting subjected to such torture yet again...
Jun 11, 2020 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
More shitty Subaru cringe is upon our poor souls, God what did we do to deserve getting subjected to such torture yet again...

Lemme tell you a trick:

You can choose what shows you want to watch!

No need to thank me :)
Jun 11, 2020 8:41 AM

Feb 2016
Glad they are doing this in split cours
At least now it won't be delayed unless everything calms down in Jan 2021
Jun 11, 2020 8:42 AM
Apr 2014
This seems awesome! Worth the wait, including the split cour!
Jun 11, 2020 8:52 AM
Feb 2019
Didn't Nobuhiko Okamoto say he was taking a hiatus due to pain in his vocal cords?
Jun 11, 2020 9:03 AM
Aug 2016
Tkompuras said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Lemme tell you a trick:

No. I can't chose not to watch this show, that's why I called it torture. I like the story and I want to know its continuation, but the bastard will make it so hard for me, I tried to ignore his ass throughout the first season but I simply couldn't, he ruins my enjoyment of the show so much that I never wished for a MC to be sent to kingdom come as much as this one so I can watch the show in peace.
Jun 11, 2020 9:08 AM

Sep 2019
Aaron_Fdo said:
Didn't Nobuhiko Okamoto say he was taking a hiatus due to pain in his vocal cords?
I just looked it up and he said he was on hiatus for a month starting on june 1, while re:zero starts on july 8. (sorry for the bad grammar btw, english isn't my native language)
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Jun 11, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
Theo1899 said:
This split cours thing sure is popular.
Glad they got Maaya Sakamoto aka my favorite voice actress for this

I think it is because of the Coronavirus actually.
Jun 11, 2020 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
Tkompuras said:

Lemme tell you a trick:

No. I can't chose not to watch this show, that's why I called it torture. I like the story and I want to know its continuation, but the bastard will make it so hard for me, I tried to ignore his ass throughout the first season but I simply couldn't, he ruins my enjoyment of the show so much that I never wished for a MC to be sent to kingdom come as much as this one so I can watch the show in peace.

Subaru is one of the best protagonists ever, seems like you need to refine your tastes bruv :)
Jun 11, 2020 9:19 AM

Oct 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
Tkompuras said:

Lemme tell you a trick:

hmm, are you a masochist or what ? You are clearly contradicting your own self in this post.
Jun 11, 2020 9:23 AM
Aug 2016
Tkompuras said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Subaru is one of the best protagonists ever, seems like you need to refine your tastes bruv :)
I can't do much about my taste, but I know I will be whining and bitching about his ass a lot in the future. It's gonna be terrible.
Jun 11, 2020 9:29 AM
Aug 2016
Prog_upworks13 said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

hmm, are you a masochist or what ? You are clearly contradicting your own self in this post.
Do you also think bears are masochists? they endure the bees's stings just get their honey. I think what I said was clear, I like the story, I hate the MC.
Jun 11, 2020 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
Tkompuras said:

I can't do much about my taste, but I know I will be whining and bitching about his ass a lot in the future. It's gonna be terrible.

He is going to become better at least, that's all I can say
Jun 11, 2020 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

Do you also think bears are masochists? they endure the bees's stings just get their honey. I think what I said was clear, I like the story, I hate the MC.

Bruh, bears don't give a damn about bee stings, their hide is OP
Jun 11, 2020 9:39 AM
Aug 2016
Tkompuras said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

He is going to become better at least, that's all I can say
Well..... I'd hope so, but I'd be fine with just less screen time for him.

Tkompuras said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Bruh, bears don't give a damn about bee stings, their hide is OP
Yeah right lol. English isn't my first language and I couldn't think of a better analogy, cut me some slack please.
Jun 11, 2020 10:27 AM
Jan 2018
I still need to watch the directors cut for a refresher and also the added new scene after the original season 1 ending unless they adding it into S2
Jun 11, 2020 10:50 AM

May 2013
Mattinator95 said:
I still need to watch the directors cut for a refresher and also the added new scene after the original season 1 ending unless they adding it into S2

Actually you are not missing out on anything, other than the last 5 minutes of the final episode in director's cut.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Jul 2019
Moment of happiness AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jun 11, 2020 11:52 AM

Dec 2010
Split cour? Are they insane? 4th arc has no place where it would be okay to stop once it gets rolling. This will be the ultimate torture they put upon us.
I'm from Poland, so i'm sorry if i make some mistakes in english sentences (including this one)
Jun 11, 2020 12:08 PM

May 2013
OromisMasta said:
Split cour? Are they insane? 4th arc has no place where it would be okay to stop once it gets rolling. This will be the ultimate torture they put upon us.

It is actually better this way than a full 25 episode run if the animation quality suffers midway through. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Maybe it best to wait until April 2021? lol
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 11, 2020 2:41 PM

Jun 2019
I was a fool to start watching S1 and thinking about watching S2 at the end of the year... I should have waited for one more year lol, since I hate split seasons.

I wonder where this legend that the animation quality has to drop midway comes from. S1 was fine within this perspective.
Jun 11, 2020 2:43 PM
May 2020
YES! I'll be going on vacation to France on 19.June, so once I come back the new season starts! Can't wait! Might as well watch the first season again beforehand<3
Jun 11, 2020 3:11 PM

Mar 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:

Greaaat you're one of "those" fans.

As all the Web and light novel readers can tell you is just wait and see. You will either entirely see Subaru differently this season and root more for him. Otherwise detest him more....to be fair this season or "Arc 4" has its fair share of detestable characters so buckle up because you're in for a ride!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 11, 2020 3:31 PM
May 2016
Meusnier said:
I was a fool to start watching S1 and thinking about watching S2 at the end of the year... I should have waited for one more year lol, since I hate split seasons.

I wonder where this legend that the animation quality has to drop midway comes from. S1 was fine within this perspective.

I can agree, animation doesn't necessarily drop because of the episode count, it's usually poor scheduling or in the case of Re;zero season 2, scheduling issues
Jun 11, 2020 3:34 PM
May 2016
OromisMasta said:

It's probably the producers wanting to get the season out as soon as possible, while keeping in mind the issues that have been going on
Jun 11, 2020 4:01 PM
Nov 2016
HELL YEAH RE:ZERO TIME!!!!!
But oh god, as a web novel reader the fact that it's two course will literally KILL me.once you get the ball rolling you cant just stop!!! But I get why they're doing it.
Jun 11, 2020 4:28 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
AOTY is almost upon us. Even though it's split cour, I can't wait to see White Fox eat through another 8 books most likely. lol
Jun 11, 2020 4:31 PM

Sep 2018
Looking forward to see my most hyped upcoming anime soon.
Jun 11, 2020 5:41 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
I'm so hyped for this~!XD
Jun 11, 2020 5:43 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
AntwanMantilla said:
AOTY is almost upon us. Even though it's split cour, I can't wait to see White Fox eat through another 8 books most likely. lol
Wasn't it the first 9 books that got adapted in Season 1?:o
Not that I read the novels, but that's what my trusty source said back then~:I
Jun 11, 2020 7:08 PM

Dec 2016
Man summer 2020 is stacked. Looking foward to this season of Re Zero.
Jun 11, 2020 7:31 PM

May 2013
Meusnier said:

It's not strictly a legend if I had could have worded it better. As much as 3 months can go into producing one episode. Things get super hectic once the show starts airing and the studio runs into crunch time. If the studio is handling multiple projects (since this is a large variable), the attention to a single show drops. It's just a general trend.

Check this out if you find time.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2018-03-16/.129066
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 11, 2020 9:00 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
AntwanMantilla said:
Wasn't it the first 9 books that got adapted in Season 1?:o
Not that I read the novels, but that's what my trusty source said back then~:I

You're right, it is 9 books. Even though I've read the novels it's been awhile so I thought it was 8 lol.
Jun 11, 2020 9:12 PM

May 2016
Echidona is going to be the new merch queen yassss. Rem out periodT.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 11, 2020 10:40 PM
Mar 2016
What happen if no COVID-19 and they release the series in April. will it be all series at the same year without spit cour
Jun 12, 2020 2:24 AM

Mar 2010
KreatorX said:
Mattinator95 said:

Actually you are not missing out on anything, other than the last 5 minutes of the final episode in director's cut.

That poster want to watch it as refresher tho which is a good idea for S2.
Jun 12, 2020 2:27 AM

May 2013
Jagd84 said:
KreatorX said:

That poster want to watch it as refresher tho which is a good idea for S2.

Ah, I probably misunderstood that in a hurry.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 12, 2020 4:43 AM
Jun 2020
damn nowadays i really hate the world "split cours"...why...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.