Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 17, 2019 7:03 AM
Jan 2019
Despite all the shit,I am still waiting for every Monday for new episodes.Btw most of the fans may hate Tio but i love Tio even if she is a downgrade version of Lalatina.Hoping for the dvds sale to go well in japan and others so we can get another season Lol.But i suggest u chg studio tho.
Sep 17, 2019 7:18 AM
Apr 2018
This episode was painful to watch,the enemies are perfectly still in most of the action scenes while Hajime and bunny were attacking in close range,which takes away any sort of immersion I might have had.Also,the female characters feel redundant,their only purpose is to create a harem for Hajime.I honestly would have preferred Hajime being the sole main character of this show because he is the only one with any semblance of a character.
Sep 17, 2019 7:51 AM
Oct 2012
Nieznajomy43 said:
Avaery said:

The attack is in reference to the demon that fired that magic attack at the teacher, since the poison needle failed. This proves that the demons were involved in the monster invasion, but Shea stepped in to prevent it with her foresight ability.

This is what happens when the studio selectively chooses to skip important bits of the source material. Yue picks up on Hajime's intent. He was sparing his sensei the guilt of thinking that she failed her students because she couldn't bring them all home to Japan.

Instead Hajime shoots his classmate in front of her, even though the monster tamer would have died from his wounds anyway (as the Lord's son points out), and that way the sensei could place all of the blame/burden on Hajime. This is Hajime's consideration for his sensei. Hajime's stance is to kill all enemies after the abyss after all.

@Starhammer

Wait, so evil classmate didn't wanted to kill teacher before he was killed by Hajime? I was expecting that they skipped scene when evil classmate was preparing dagger or something to kill teacher or Shia's vision suggesting that keeping alive evil classmate would be bad idea, therefore showing that this guy is irredeemable and can be only killed, if not it was pointless death.

no, the evil classmate wanted to kill the teacher at all cost, he's just doing that in order to get hajime's guns and to run away safely... and because he is retarded.

The sequence of that event in the light novel goes like this :
1. Evil classmate suddenly took advantage of the teacher and tried to kill her with needle, in this case the anime depicted it perfectly
2. A demon, who made a contract with that evil classmate and told him to kill the teacher, stalked them from a far in fear of hajime's and his party's power.. in order to fully make sure that she dies from all of that commotions
3. That demon saw a chance from that stupid action made by that evil classmate. He tried to assassinate that teacher by using long range attack, but unfortunately Shea was in the way of that attack, and that made her special skill triggers, because SHE was in danger of getting attacked as well
4. Shea chose to block that attack, but unfortunately evil classmate was hit as well and that made him to accidentaly press the needle down her neck
5. Shea and evil classmate both (supposedly) got a hole on their body, while the teacher was poisoned and couldnt even drink the ambrosia because she has no strength left
6. Hajime gave ambrosia to his teacher and Shea, but her teacher also asked him to give that potion to evil classmate
7. Evil classmate, in the brink of death, begged to hajime, but he saw him right away so he chose to end him.... even though HE WOULD DIE eventually EVEN WITHOUT HAJIME doing anything
8. The noble asked why hajime bother shooting his gun into a ded man, he avoids the question but Yue knew right away... it was in order to let the teacher NOT TO BLAME HERSELF, because evil classmate was suppose to die from the demon's attack TARGETTED AT HER

tl;dr : shea was in the way, so she accidentaly activated foresight. evil classmate was suppose to die because of the attack targetted at sensei, but hajime finished him to not let her blame herself

edit : in the light novel, hajime have already tried to give the ambrosia to sensei normally, but she couldnt gulp it down. Then he gave it for the second time with mouth to mouth method. This is skipped in the anime as well.

Also, there is 3 full episodes to work on volume 4 of light novel, so I think it is plenty for them to fully animated this series up until the reunion with Kouki and Kaori.. I just hope they dont butcher it up that much anymore, seeing that there is enough episode for a volume
tornberryzSep 17, 2019 8:00 AM
Sep 17, 2019 7:52 AM
Sep 2019
Technically Hajime only loves Yue at this point in time. The rest just follows him. Tio, Shea, and later... more girls.

And thanks ina-astral for sorting out the meaning of that closing scene.
Saved me the trouble. :D
AvaerySep 17, 2019 7:57 AM
Sep 17, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2008
The CGI is still far from good, but lets unveil this episode tricks:

1. Disguising the bad CGI:
If you look at orcs, they are still amateurish…

But they did right by giving more importance to skeletons (which look better, even with that CGI quality), in the moments when close ups would have destroyed the other models.

2. Fast pace: They finally understood that the bad CGI scenes should pass as little time in screen as possible.

This moment lasted 2 seconds, for example...

3. 2D tricks...
Example: A freezed frame moved with some movement blur…

4. Disguising 2D: Mixing 2D with some shades to "blend" with the 3D, gave some life to the rotten orcs…

Even the wolves used this trick

5. Leave 3D and go directly to 2D: This was the cherry on the pie...

You see, in magic distraction is everything

See you, in my next (if ever) serious post...
My candies:
Sep 17, 2019 2:04 PM
Jan 2019
Who would have thought that the teacher would be so important in the plot, and I thought that Nagumo only joked with that of the "Goddess of abundance." So, that man who died, would still die if Nagumo gave him the potion? It was what I understood. Anyway, the Nagumo went cold, but it was a great scene. The battle was well poop, hahaha 😂. Well, now they have a new partner, the dragon girl: 3.
Sep 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Nov 2017
KANLen09 said:
Splendid that Hajime took out the problem quicker than expected...but WHAT attack that was supposed to kill the teacher instead of Shimizu? I won't try because it wouldn't be explained.

Maybe it won't be explained,should have been,but basically the demon that Shimizu was helping realized Shimizu had failed and tried to kill his teacher.Shea saw this with her foresight skill,pushed the teacher away and got caught in the line of fire.Hajimes's sensei was still hit,but not killed thanks to Shea.Hajimes's fire was aimed at the demon as he got away on a dragon.

@Nieznajomy43
See above,Yue realised that Hajime killed Shimizu to stop his sensei from blaming herself that one of her students had died,instead intending that the blame fell on him.
Sep 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Nov 2017
JJH_ said:
There was no reason for that mouth to mouth with his teacher. I love it.
Actually,in the LN,there was,since Hajime realised she wouldn't be able to swallow the Ambrosia.
Sep 17, 2019 4:58 PM
May 2018
The episodes are starting to get better.

I hope this keeps up.
Sep 17, 2019 11:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a shitty episode, éand it would have been even shitier if he did not shoot that dude. I really wasn't expecting a stunt like that from this Anime, I'm glad they did something different with it. Props to that. However, that doesn't save any other nitpicks it has.
Sep 18, 2019 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
Shimizu is terrible villain.

His motivation is really awful

I am so glad he is finally died because his life is so useless......
Sep 18, 2019 2:14 AM
Jan 2019
Even those Ugandas people can make a better CGI than this lol
Sep 18, 2019 2:35 AM

Nov 2012
ina-astral said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

@Starhammer

Wait, so evil classmate didn't wanted to kill teacher before he was killed by Hajime? I was expecting that they skipped scene when evil classmate was preparing dagger or something to kill teacher or Shia's vision suggesting that keeping alive evil classmate would be bad idea, therefore showing that this guy is irredeemable and can be only killed, if not it was pointless death.

no, the evil classmate wanted to kill the teacher at all cost, he's just doing that in order to get hajime's guns and to run away safely... and because he is retarded.

1. Evil classmate suddenly took advantage of the teacher and tried to kill her with needle, in this case the anime depicted it perfectly
2. A demon, who made a contract with that evil classmate and told him to kill the teacher, stalked them from a far in fear of hajime's and his party's power.. in order to fully make sure that she dies from all of that commotions
3. That demon saw a chance from that stupid action made by that evil classmate. He tried to assassinate that teacher by using long range attack, but unfortunately Shea was in the way of that attack, and that made her special skill triggers, because SHE was in danger of getting attacked as well
4. Shea chose to block that attack, but unfortunately evil classmate was hit as well and that made him to accidentaly press the needle down her neck
5. Shea and evil classmate both (supposedly) got a hole on their body, while the teacher was poisoned and couldnt even drink the ambrosia because she has no strength left
6. Hajime gave ambrosia to his teacher and Shea, but her teacher also asked him to give that potion to evil classmate
7. Evil classmate, in the brink of death, begged to hajime, but he saw him right away so he chose to end him.... even though HE WOULD DIE eventually EVEN WITHOUT HAJIME doing anything
8. The noble asked why hajime bother shooting his gun into a ded man, he avoids the question but Yue knew right away... it was in order to let the teacher NOT TO BLAME HERSELF, because evil classmate was suppose to die from the demon's attack TARGETTED AT HER

tl;dr : shea was in the way, so she accidentaly activated foresight. evil classmate was suppose to die because of the attack targetted at sensei, but hajime finished him to not let her blame herself

edit : in the light novel, hajime have already tried to give the ambrosia to sensei normally, but she couldnt gulp it down. Then he gave it for the second time with mouth to mouth method. This is skipped in the anime as well.

Also, there is 3 full episodes to work on volume 4 of light novel, so I think it is plenty for them to fully animated this series up until the reunion with Kouki and Kaori.. I just hope they dont butcher it up that much anymore, seeing that there is enough episode for a volume

Thanks for explaining!
Sep 18, 2019 2:47 AM
Jan 2019
Anime-is-King said:
ina-astral said:

Thanks for explaining!

What do you by but he saw him in number 7?
Sep 18, 2019 9:20 AM
Oct 2012
Ethics said:
Anime-is-King said:

Thanks for explaining!

What do you by but he saw him in number 7?
In the light novel it was written that he was seriously considering to save the evil classmate, because he (hajime) is way too soft towards his teacher. But Hajime saw his evil classmate's eyes filled with insanity, so he gave up on saving him and decide to shoot him right there to make others think that he's the killer of their evil classmate
Sep 18, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2014
Bjakugan said:
I honestly like the animation better then most of the anime with still pictures and fight scenes i think if people gave an honest score it would get atleast over 7.5

There are so many reasons why it's a 5/10 though...
Sep 18, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2019
dathanime said:
Bjakugan said:
I honestly like the animation better then most of the anime with still pictures and fight scenes i think if people gave an honest score it would get atleast over 7.5

There are so many reasons why it's a 5/10 though...
but i think its mostly the people dont like the CGI MONSTERS
Sep 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Feb 2017
1 volume into 3 ep PepeLaugh

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Sep 18, 2019 3:06 PM
May 2017
At this point, I'm sure the animation is not the only thing that makes this anime atrocious. While I haven't read the novel, I feel like if I had paid for it, it would have been the biggest waste of money. The plot is garbage. With unneeded humour and fan service.
Sep 19, 2019 3:53 AM
Sep 2019
Seeing as the anime butchered the entire introduction and plot, it's hard to disagree with you, however the books are excellent so you should read them if you enjoy isekai / lit-rpg themed novels.
Sep 19, 2019 4:35 AM
Mar 2014
The first studio that made this series did a crap job if you compare to Overlord for example when it comes to the CGI creature scenes, the last couple episodes look like they have been an attempt by the second studio to salvage the entire series despite the lack of either time or budget available to them, or both. But it at least is watchable now but still doesn't actually come close to how great the novel is. The manga is the halfway point between the two in quality though, the manga misses out on vital parts I felt but it was still better overall when compared to the anime.

One of my two issues I'm currently thinking of with this anime is the choice of voice over for Hajime, the guy just doesn't fit the role simply put. The other issue is the script, the script is rushed and there is such a lack of emotion and depth to each character, everything about it has been surface feeling or a lot of pointless and unimportant explanation about things that could have been better shown with quality animation.
Sep 19, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2016
The prelude to the big battle, the big battle, and the fallout with Hajime having to kill a fellow renegade student to save a cute girl and have her not feel guilt, all have absolutely no weight to them. That's without the bad comedy and worse visuals undercutting everything even further. Also again with a "big emotional payoff" moment where there was no real buildup regarding its characters with the convo with him and that one other student with the revealing shirt. It's like I'm watching the earth segments of the final episode of FranXX all over again.
Sep 19, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2018
This fight was great, especially when this is made with an amazing animation, if that would happen. I really love the sensei here, I really want to know why the demons would target her. Hajime's speech was kinda fun too, but then this was a bad end for Shimizu, that's what you get for betraying.

Sep 19, 2019 2:36 PM

Aug 2016
Haha, even anime itself recognize it's for edgelords. Point up for that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
Probably an ok episode if we considered the standard of this series
Sep 21, 2019 5:58 AM

Jun 2017
I'd say that the episode was pretty ok, well, aside from the trash CGI, but everybody knows that already, those who got this far.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 21, 2019 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
i'm watching this show just for fun! lolz!

Sep 21, 2019 9:34 AM
Aug 2018
I'm so confused with the last scene tbh. First it seemed Hajime didn't kill that boy but then the other guy said if he hadn't done nothing, that boy would be dead in a few minutes... so what really happened?? Hajime only pretended to kill him so the teacher would'nt feel guilty?

Also, i didn't get why Shea said that that attack was meant to kill the sensei... wasn't it to kill the boy??
Sep 21, 2019 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
ok episode. Laughed a lot because of the CG i lost it at those bear like monsters and those dinosaurs flying lol. Anyway, comedy was ok, even the dragon lady is funny. Shia is actually pretty useful, if she gets a figurine I might buy it. I was cheering for her when she kept beating monsters.

I didn't care for the teacher at all since her voice was annoying, also is it just me or is her nose really hard to see? it might be the coloring but in most shots i cant see the dot that would be her nose.....
Sep 22, 2019 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
Nieznajomy43 said:
Kmlshblr said:
Wait i quite didn't get yue's explanation on how hajime killed him for a good reason can someone explain please

if they didn't skipped any scene (comment above) then there was no good reason.
he killed it so the teacher wouldn't feel guilty instead he takes the guilt, so Yue's comment was about hoping that the teacher will realize soon enough why he did it, as it was for her sake to not blame her and be her self for other students.
Sep 25, 2019 2:09 AM

Oct 2017
Well this was a decent episode, also I already like the drag girl. She is hot, cute and funny.
Sep 27, 2019 5:14 PM

Aug 2018
I never compliment this anime now im gonna do it....

this episode decently good for most part
Also the insertion of pervert dragon to the group makes this anime fun to watch lol
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 30, 2019 5:49 PM
Feb 2018
two questions So Hajime shoot Shimzu at the end before he died of his wound to stop him from attack or to save Ms Aiko from the guilty of losing a student?

second is Shimzu the one that knocked Hajime into the abyss in the first episode I think the one that did or the one Kaori saw mumbling to themselves?
Oct 2, 2019 8:57 AM
Mar 2015
That was hilarious The monsters just stood there and let him shoot them
Oct 7, 2019 3:59 AM

Aug 2017
That fight was.....good? I think it was an okay epiode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 8, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
Not a bad episode, to be frank. Even bad CGI was on acceptable level. In terms of badness, anyway. The battle was alright.

Hajime made a good decision. Once Shimizu had recovered, he would have returned to being evil, I guess. If he had died, then Aiko would have felt guilty for death of her own student.

Tio is awkward and bizarre. Her fetishism and pervert nature from annoying became actually funny.
Oct 8, 2019 7:36 PM

Feb 2014
Characters appearing out of nowhere lol
Oct 13, 2019 3:48 AM

Jun 2015
Probably best episode so far in terms of eh...everything?

KANLen09 said:

Tio is as what we say: a discounted Lalatina. Not sure what's her role in this, nothing more than just pure adulterated humour.

Isn't that what darkness in a nutshell is?
"nothing more than just pure adulterated humour."

Even less I would say but I haven't watched remaining eps yet

And if you're not sure what her role is, you haven't been paying attention.

Oct 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Apr 2015
IDK if the translators messed up somewhere, or the show just skipped out on explaining this bit, but I got confused when they said "That attack was meant for Sensei". It sounded like Hajime was trying to aim for his teacher. Really, it meant that the mysterious demon's attack on Shimizu was aimed at the teacher, but missed because Shea pushed her out of the way. And in mercy killing Shimizu, Sensei would then blame Hajime for his death, and not herself. Confused not only me, but a lot of other people here by the looks of it.
Jan 18, 2020 1:37 PM
Mar 2018
I honestly didn't understand. Why did he try to kill the teacher at the end? And did he miss on purpose?
Nvm on this part. Above post explains it

Also in like ep 2. How did that bear monster not kill him. Did the bear get tired of digging? Did hajime go far down and the monster gave up?
Apr 22, 2020 5:44 AM

Aug 2017
Bad show but glad he killed that twerp instead of lame forgiveness
Jun 7, 2020 1:25 PM
Jan 2018
Props to dragon waifus voice actor Hikasa, Yoko who Also voices rias from DxD .

I have watched many animes with her in but I don't recall any characters she's done to be perverted as this one
Jun 7, 2020 8:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmm a bit sad. But seriously, that sensei and Tio the dragon lady really annoying. Can they just die? I guess no. Still, the drama was really unnecessary. And that Shea after saving Aiko, just leave her like that? I don't understand. And who tf was flying in the end? Some scenes maybe a little weird. Hajime on this episode might be a little out of character.

His feeling toward Aiko sensei unexplainable and never get touched for explanations, sighed. I guess this show never need any more background story to certain character. I feel with that shit on this Hajime, being out of his character, on full episode. But its okay. A decent episode. The kisses was unneeded too. Oh well! Lets see how last 3 episodes can make my satisfaction raises after this losses.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2020 1:28 AM
Jun 2020
I just started watching the English dub of this show. Is it just me or does Hajime say "Jesus fuck" when Tio is being weird around the 7:12 mark?
Jan 24, 2021 4:38 AM

Sep 2017
Least he isn't scared to pull the trigger
Mar 11, 2021 8:25 PM

Nov 2010
I'm starting to like that Dragon chick more. She's hilarious and her AOE skills are strong. She had the most kills I think. Yue is right, she's a great asset to their party.

Glad to see it didn't end in a cliché way. Shimizu was a lost cause.
Mar 20, 2021 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
Characters appearing out of nowhere lol

actually he was shown some EP back once but ppl missed it

Jhojho39 said:
I honestly didn't understand. Why did he try to kill the teacher at the end? And did he miss on purpose?
Nvm on this part. Above post explains it

Also in like ep 2. How did that bear monster not kill him. Did the bear get tired of digging? Did hajime go far down and the monster gave up?

they believed she is a goddess in human form it was said

yes he went so far down and or the presence of holy water that saved him from dying from monster meant poisoning sins its like holy water to a vampire harmful so they avoid it

badabass said:
His feeling toward Aiko sensei unexplainable and never get touched for explanations, sighed

bruh, he said she has helped him hinted they had good/friendly relationship almost like she is hes sister or stem mother
Sugram22Mar 20, 2021 3:57 AM
Apr 11, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2017
There's so many weird stuff in this ep. Like why is the monsters in the fight a mix of 3D and regular animation now, and why does Hajime need to give the Holy Water to his sensei via CPR and not just give her from the bullet directly
Apr 21, 2021 4:31 AM

Sep 2012
FragmantLemon said:
There's so many weird stuff in this ep. Like why is the monsters in the fight a mix of 3D and regular animation now, and why does Hajime need to give the Holy Water to his sensei via CPR and not just give her from the bullet directly

she had it so bad she was unable to swallow it herself just like mouth to mouth berthing just for liquids not for air to help person swallow
Sep 1, 2021 7:59 AM
Jan 2021
We have a discount Lalatina, and also Shimizu, who I can't keep a straight face watching and hearing his voice since he only reminded me of Katsura Kōtaro
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.