Forum Settings
Forums

Are people in the anime community ok with pedophilia?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 28, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2017
Apparently drawings and fiction have no symbolism heh...
From what i've seen in this forum, sadly yes.

May 28, 2020 12:58 PM

Oct 2019
If someone is actually attracted to 2d underage girls/boys they should seek help or at least acknowledge that there is something wrong with them... I hate the excuse "But it's only fiction😡😡😡" sadly this is an excuse that a lot of people in the community use.
Shoko664May 28, 2020 1:09 PM
May 29, 2020 11:17 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:
I read that Ephebophilia is mostly normal.

It is not a psychiatric diagnosis.

Biologically, we are programmed to see fertile, healthy females as attractive. For most of history, girls were considered of breed-able age as soon as they started puberty.

However, as our understanding of the human brain has developed, we now see a lot of evidence that engaging in sexual activity with girls too young (this age varies between individuals, but most First World Nations agree that it’s somewhere around 16 - 18), is detrimental to their mental health.

So, basically, it’s normal to find teen girls attractive, but it is usually illegal to act on it.

at the same time, how old is she supposed to be?

Dude did you just revive a two-year-old thread just to say it's okay for adults to be attracted to teenagers? Was your opinion really that important? Were you that offended that I said it was disgusting if an adult is interested in teenagers? Goddamn.

Also yeah no shit we stopped having girls get pregnant once they reached puberty. Not just for mental health but physical as well. Also most older men go after younger girls because they're easier to control more often than not. Power balance and all that.

Dunno what you're trying to say with that picture. That girl's a teenager and she looks it.

let's live heroically, let's live with style
May 30, 2020 2:40 AM

Feb 2017
We're not, but fiction is a different case. We should separate between fiction and reality. Moral and artistic values are things that you could take from fictional story, but it's not appropriate either to blatantly treat them as something real. (For example you read a fictional story about a serial killer. You like his intelligence, his way of thinking, etc, and so you try to take them and idolize the character involved, but it's completely not okay to copy his actions or support them, serial killers, in real life.) I'm not into little girls anyway, both in fiction and reality.
addictedtolivingMay 30, 2020 2:51 AM
May 30, 2020 3:04 AM

Apr 2020
In my opinion, Apparently yes, looking at how popular is ecchi harem with moe and loli characters are, and it sells quite well, It is not good but people who liked it making excuses because everything is "debateable" right?
May 30, 2020 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
Uh no. If there are actual people that liking lolis and sees them as actual girls then that's their fault for not realizing the difference between reality and fiction. I don't think you should be a pedo just for liking a 300 year vampire that looks 12. As long as you can tell the difference, but it makes you a pedophile if you see loli hentai and think "Hey if it's okay here maybe it's okay irl." Don't blame anime for somebody sick desires, blame the watcher for not knowing difference between reality and fiction.

May 30, 2020 11:42 AM

Jan 2016
I'm not okay with it irl, but I am a little more tolerable with it in anime, because it's just one of those things I've gotten used to. I'm not into it though.Its kind of a grey area of morality where I can see a shot middle school girl's underwear and just say "yep,that's anime". On the other hand there are people who make lewd art of underage children in cartoons, and that makes me sick.

I like violence and death in anime and movies but I don't like it irl,. But it still feels weird to defend little girls sexualized in anime.
VivavideoUser2xMay 30, 2020 11:54 AM

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
May 30, 2020 11:50 AM
May 2009
The only answer is will be no. Don't abuse children in real life.
May 31, 2020 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:
I read that Ephebophilia is mostly normal.

at the same time, how old is she supposed to be?

Dude did you just revive a two-year-old thread just to say it's okay for adults to be attracted to teenagers? Was your opinion really that important? Were you that offended that I said it was disgusting if an adult is interested in teenagers? Goddamn.

Also yeah no shit we stopped having girls get pregnant once they reached puberty. Not just for mental health but physical as well. Also most older men go after younger girls because they're easier to control more often than not. Power balance and all that.

Dunno what you're trying to say with that picture. That girl's a teenager and she looks it.

I wasn't offended, just felt like discussing it is all :)

with the picture, I just alluded to the age-old argument of "lines on a page". should be fine since no one is being hurt.
unless you also think video games incite violence? then it's definitely a stalemate lol

repression can be a funny thing
May 31, 2020 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
Shoko664 said:
If someone is actually attracted to 2d underage girls/boys they should seek help or at least acknowledge that there is something wrong with them...

Lol "I DON'T AGREE SO THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE PERSON!!"

Immature attitude to have...don't you think?

May 31, 2020 9:49 AM

Oct 2019
Chiibi said:
Shoko664 said:
If someone is actually attracted to 2d underage girls/boys they should seek help or at least acknowledge that there is something wrong with them...

What is there to agree on, if you are attracted to children drawn or not then unfortunately there is something wrong with you.... and it's ok as long as you don't commit actual crimes but you definitely need to seek help.

I didn't meant to dank on Lolicons/Shotacons with "Oh they are mentally ill so there for they are invalid" they actually need to seek help.

May 31, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
Shoko664 said:
Chiibi said:

What is there to agree on, if you are attracted to children drawn or not then unfortunately there is something wrong with you.... and it's ok as long as you don't commit actual crimes but you definitely need to seek help.

I didn't meant to dank on Lolicons/Shotacons with "Oh they are mentally ill so there for they are invalid" they actually need to seek help.

They don't need to seek help. They aren't hurting ANYBODY and there is nothing "wrong" with them.

May 31, 2020 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not someone who supports that kind of stuff. Granted that some loli characters are older than they actually look, I'm still not someone who would find attraction in such characters. An example of an adult loli would be Tatsumaki from One-Punch man. She's drawn to look like a kid when in reality she is 28 years old. Another example would be Elaine from the Seven Deadly Sins. She has a young appearance to her, but she happens to be 1000 years old realistically. It was hard for me to feel comfortable with Ban and Elaine's relationship because of how young she looks. I'm of course not trying to say that Ban is a pedophile for having romantic feelings for someone like her. But nonetheless, it makes me feel uncomfortable whenever their shown having a kissing session or gazing lovingly at each other.
May 31, 2020 10:10 AM
Sep 2014
No. (I mean, sure there are some nuts here and there like everywhere, but generally no.)
May 31, 2020 10:45 AM

Dec 2018
A drawing cant be underage because they haven't been born in that manner .Does it matter if the artist say this is a demon lord 1206 billion years old in a loli body? Cartoons can only be limited by our imagination. but in reality they will always only been mere drawings on paper.And should never be given the same status and rights as a real child

I love to drool over my lolis .So what? They dont even look like real girls . They are just a vague image of humans.Take my lesbian princess Lala from star twinkle she is ridicules beautiful, but its quite clear if you look at her that she is a cartoon because a human cant look like that

Why is murder and rape ok, but not my love to my sexy lolis? I dont even like violence or shit like that. My lolis shall be happy and unharmed so I can droll over them in peace =P

Murder rape and everything else seem to be ok to watch and enjoy . But im the monster here? As long as you understand the difference between video games cartoons and how to condone yourself in society, there shouldn't be a problem Imo

Do we really need a loli police telling others how to enjoys their art?

Yuri-CrusaderMay 31, 2020 4:14 PM
May 31, 2020 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
2-year-old thread that's still relevant today. Shocking! Still a load of people giving the same bullocks as today.
May 31, 2020 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:

with the picture, I just alluded to the age-old argument of "lines on a page". should be fine since no one is being hurt.
unless you also think video games incite violence? then it's definitely a stalemate lol

Then why not create a new thread for it instead of reviving a dead one?

Also me and the person I was debating with were talking about real people. But I'll humor you. Given that the person I was talking with tried to argue images like these gave pedophiles a way to get out their frustrations, that automatically disproves the idea of that image being 'just lines'. If you're going to argue that pedophiles jacking it to lolis makes it safer for kids, you've already made yourself a hypocrite in regards to fiction not affecting reality. Not you as in you of course, but the general you for when people make these arguments. Because if pedophiles getting off to anime images of little girls helps them not harm real children, there's already an association in their head that relates those images to actual living, breathing kids. That's where that argument falls apart.

Now onto the controversial topic of fiction = reality. ...No, that is not the case. There is no 1:1 ratio with that kind of stuff. Playing a game where you gun down someone isn't gonna instantly make you wanna shoot up a place. However, this discussion requires a lot more nuance than people are willing to give it, as it would be an outright lie to say that media of all sorts doesn't have some kind of an effect on us. This is why representation matters, why we're emotionally affected by certain stories, why propaganda exists, etc. The more we're exposed to something, especially if it's when we're younger while our brains are still developing, the more that'll shape us.

Why do you think we have degrees for things like media studies and analysis?

May 31, 2020 1:30 PM

Jul 2019
rhetorical question of course not but as adults you have to be able to differ which is reality and which one isnt. usually shows that has that are rated mature so something disturbing like that you shouldnt really fuss too much about unless the story promotes pedophilia as if its a good thing. it really depends on the story.
May 31, 2020 1:32 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
No, it's unacceptable in real life.

WHAT HAPPEN IN ANIME STAY IN ANIME!!
There's no harm liking 2D loli art, just don't do stupid things in real life.

I can't view loli and real children the same way. I don't know how people have the mentality to relate them as the same in their head. That's just sick.

Fiction is fiction. Anything fall outside of that is illegal and disgusting.
May 31, 2020 1:37 PM
Apr 2016
Pfft, you ask? Yours faithful spent a month talking a 16 year old girl into moving in into a shared flat. Just the two of us, with her parents cut off by the tremendous 6000 kilometres of land. I gave shelter and guidance AND WHAT I GOT IN RETURN!!
Re:formed
May 31, 2020 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
My stance on this is and always will be this: liking anime lolis and liking real life underage girls are not comparable, end of story. Yes, there is most likely some crossover between the two. However, that doesn't automatically mean everyone who's into loli characters are pedophiles. I've said this before, and I'll say it again; calling someone a "pedophile" is a huge accusation and something that should only be aimed at people who are legitimately deserving of such a label.

And no, this isn't me defending pedophiles, so don't even try to start that shit with me, because I won't bite anymore. This is me saying that comparing fictional characters to real life people in any capacity is a false equivalency, and to me, an utterly ridiculous notion.
May 31, 2020 1:56 PM

Nov 2008
xkazutox said:

I can't view loli and real children the same way. I don't know how people have the mentality to relate them as the same in their head. That's just sick.

I don't understand it either.

They are nothing alike. Real nine-year-old girls don't act like Rin Kokonoe...God forbid if they DID. o___O

May 31, 2020 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:

Also me and the person I was debating with were talking about real people. But I'll humor you. Given that the person I was talking with tried to argue images like these gave pedophiles a way to get out their frustrations, that automatically disproves the idea of that image being 'just lines'. If you're going to argue that pedophiles jacking it to lolis makes it safer for kids, you've already made yourself a hypocrite in regards to fiction not affecting reality. Not you as in you of course, but the general you for when people make these arguments. Because if pedophiles getting off to anime images of little girls helps them not harm real children, there's already an association in their head that relates those images to actual living, breathing kids. That's where that argument falls apart.

Now onto the controversial topic of fiction = reality. ...No, that is not the case. There is no 1:1 ratio with that kind of stuff. Playing a game where you gun down someone isn't gonna instantly make you wanna shoot up a place. However, this discussion requires a lot more nuance than people are willing to give it, as it would be an outright lie to say that media of all sorts doesn't have some kind of an effect on us. This is why representation matters, why we're emotionally affected by certain stories, why propaganda exists, etc. The more we're exposed to something, especially if it's when we're younger while our brains are still developing, the more that'll shape us.

hypocrites? haha surely you jest. this is basic sublimation psychology.
if you were to ban such illustrations, you would see a rise in pedophilic crimes.

people can become unhinged without a healthy release.

you need to reconcile the truth of human nature with the acceptance of flawed ideologies.
however, if you truly insist in continuing to reside in your castle of glass, it can't be helped.

morally speaking is another matter which easily divides what to stand for, I'm just not here to cast the first stone.

May 31, 2020 3:22 PM

Apr 2015
Korishi said:
cageofroses said:

if you were to ban such illustrations, you would see a rise in pedophilic crimes.

you need to reconcile the truth of human nature with the acceptance of flawed ideologies.
however, if you truly insist in continuing to reside in your castle of glass, it can't be helped.

morally speaking is another matter which easily divides what to stand for, I'm just not here to cast the first stone.
If you're not speaking from a moral standpoint, you're not speaking at all. So, do you intend to say anything of consequence or do you find yourself too addled to climb out of your ivory tower of "Facts and Logic".
May 31, 2020 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
@Tylaen im getting confused with MALers because on the times I do speak from a moral point, I get shit on, and now when I rationalise this particular topic, it's almost no different. I'm just tryna meet half way here and I am in no position to judge if there are areas in my life that would be contradictory to what I preach. if its morally wrong, that's a personal accountability anyway.

change what you can, accept what you can't, and know the difference.
May 31, 2020 5:17 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:

So you do admit there is sometimes a correlation between fiction and reality in that some pedophiles see these images as children. You guys literally can not make up your minds and contradict yourselves. And I'll tell you what I told the last person in this thread: if all that's keeping pedophiles from molesting and abusing children are these images, then they fucking need help. They need to see someone because they were already unhealthy to begin with. Because I can assure you, people have proper self-control most of the time. Continuing to get off to lolis/shotas doesn't help and it only feeds into that desire of finding children attractive. It's normalizing the behavior.

You gonna like. Actually try and make a proper argument or are you just gonna keep posting large pictures for no reason and think that's gonna create some sorta 'gotcha'?

Also you're making yourself sound like some corny anime villain right now and frankly that's pretty funny.

May 31, 2020 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:

So you do admit there is sometimes a correlation between fiction and reality in that some pedophiles see these images as children. You guys literally can not make up your minds and contradict yourselves. And I'll tell you what I told the last person in this thread: if all that's keeping pedophiles from molesting and abusing children are these images, then they fucking need help. They need to see someone because they were already unhealthy to begin with. Because I can assure you, people have proper self-control most of the time. Continuing to get off to lolis/shotas doesn't help and it only feeds into that desire of finding children attractive. It's normalizing the behavior.

You gonna like. Actually try and make a proper argument or are you just gonna keep posting large pictures for no reason and think that's gonna create some sorta 'gotcha'?

Also you're making yourself sound like some corny anime villain right now and frankly that's pretty funny.

when did I say there's no correlation? lol go back and read again.

and my initial reply to you was about teenagers around 15-19 not children so pedophilia is not part of our current dialogue.

murderers that cite video games as inspiration for their killing spree were also sick to begin with, not after the fact. that's why I mentioned sublimation psychology; we all do things to take out frustrations.
that's why Ephebophilia is not considered a psychiatric diagnosis or at least symptom.

lol, well we are on an anime bulletin board so I will post pictures if I feel like it. glad you could find some humour in that ^‿^
May 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Jun 2019
I don't have any problem with it personally, in the sense that there will always be pedophiles and pedophiles do need an outlet for sexual expression and release. It may not be my particular desire or fetish, but I don't have to instinctually intuitively understand at the most basic level others' primal sexual needs or desires any more than they have to understand mine. Some people cannot see the appeal of sisters. So I think having some anime cater to it is fine. I just dislike when a bunch of fanservice of any kind really is constantly aggressively shoehorned into shows where it doesn't add anything and doesn't fit the story and themes so as to make it too tonally jarring.

But yes, people pretending like a paraphilia is just going to disappear from the human genome rather than be a continuously recurring existence that's probably been around for hundreds of thousands of years down the generations is just silly. Morally shaming people because some find what others like icky and bad is just puerile behavior and a puerile line of thought to me. It accomplishes zilch.

I still believe there should be laws in place in whatever hypothetical polity is up for discussion regulating some sexual behavior in that I don't think it should be legally permissible for people in the actual 3D physical world to commit sexual assault in the form of rape or molestation of prepubescent children as it interferes with their healthy sexual development. Rape of anyone should be barred and when it comes to consent, age is an ever-changing highly subjective issue that's looked at differently in every single era in every single country or even regions of the same country. So I would advocate setting it lower than most, but not for actual pedophilia, which is strictly defined as prepubescent children.

But just having the attraction is fine. As long as you're not producing actual child pornography or harming real children. Are people naive enough to believe pedophiles need animated lolis to masturbate to or feel fulfilled by? Anyone can see actual flesh and blood, 3D children in a non-sexual context in innumerable pictures and TV commercials or just walking down the street any time anywhere and then carry out whatever fantasies they want in their mind. How is that less harmful?

Pedophilia isn't going away, and from conversing with some in-person and online, even on MAL in the past, I for one am glad they have a niche and outlet even if it's not my particular thing. You can't wish it away any more than you can wish away homosexuality, asexuality, hebephilia, ephebophilia, incest, bestiality or zoophilia, necrophilia, or any of the other aberrations, deviations, and variances inherent to the complex kaleidoscopic projection that is human sexuality.

No, I'm not someone who believes that you ever can or will successfully homogenize the collective human psyche, nor that realization of such an objective is even desirable in the first place.
WatchTillTandavaMay 31, 2020 5:47 PM
May 31, 2020 6:26 PM

Nov 2008
cageofroses said:
It's normalizing the behavior.

What's "normalizing" what behavior?

Lol I hate the term "normalize". People drawing shota and loli comics is not "normalizing" predatory behavior towards kids....just like how people drawing violent shounen comics is not "normalizing" violent beatings on the streets.

It's plain dumb to think this.

May 31, 2020 6:36 PM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
I don't have any problem with it personally, in the sense that there will always be pedophiles and pedophiles do need an outlet for sexual expression and release. It may not be my particular desire or fetish, but I don't have to instinctually intuitively understand at the most basic level others' primal sexual needs or desires any more than they have to understand mine. Some people cannot see the appeal of sisters. So I think having some anime cater to it is fine. I just dislike when a bunch of fanservice of any kind really is constantly aggressively shoehorned into shows where it doesn't add anything and doesn't fit the story and themes so as to make it too tonally jarring.

But yes, people pretending like a paraphilia is just going to disappear from the human genome rather than be a continuously recurring existence that's probably been around for hundreds of thousands of years down the generations is just silly. Morally shaming people because some find what others like icky and bad is just puerile behavior and a puerile line of thought to me. It accomplishes zilch.

I still believe there should be laws in place in whatever hypothetical polity is up for discussion regulating some sexual behavior in that I don't think it should be legally permissible for people in the actual 3D physical world to commit sexual assault in the form of rape or molestation of prepubescent children as it interferes with their healthy sexual development. Rape of anyone should be barred and when it comes to consent, age is an ever-changing highly subjective issue that's looked at differently in every single era in every single country or even regions of the same country. So I would advocate setting it lower than most, but not for actual pedophilia, which is strictly defined as prepubescent children.

But just having the attraction is fine. As long as you're not producing actual child pornography or harming real children. Are people naive enough to believe pedophiles need animated lolis to masturbate to or feel fulfilled by? Anyone can see actual flesh and blood, 3D children in a non-sexual context in innumerable pictures and TV commercials or just walking down the street any time anywhere and then carry out whatever fantasies they want in their mind. How is that less harmful?

Pedophilia isn't going away, and from conversing with some in-person and online, even on MAL in the past, I for one am glad they have a niche and outlet even if it's not my particular thing. You can't wish it away any more than you can wish away homosexuality, asexuality, hebephilia, ephebophilia, incest, bestiality or zoophilia, necrophilia, or any of the other aberrations, deviations, and variances inherent to the complex kaleidoscopic projection that is human sexuality.

No, I'm not someone who believes that you ever can or will successfully homogenize the collective human psyche, nor that realization of such an objective is even desirable in the first place.

Boi, genetics are advancing with an astonishing speed. Watch them 400 IQ China children later in the century and then say we can't eradicate pedophilia. We can and we should. Humanity needs diversity but not this kind.
May 31, 2020 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
I'll say hebephilia is normalized and accepted instead with the reasons being completely unrelated to anime and the loli conversation.
May 31, 2020 7:00 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:

and my initial reply to you was about teenagers around 15-19 not children so pedophilia is not part of our current dialogue.

murderers that cite video games as inspiration for their killing spree were also sick to begin with, not after the fact. that's why I mentioned sublimation psychology; we all do things to take out frustrations.
that's why Ephebophilia is not considered a psychiatric diagnosis or at least symptom.

lol, well we are on an anime bulletin board so I will post pictures if I feel like it. glad you could find some humour in that ^‿^

You said earlier:
"with the picture, I just alluded to the age-old argument of "lines on a page". should be fine since no one is being hurt.
unless you also think video games incite violence? then it's definitely a stalemate lol"

Insinuating you believe there's no correlation, then going on to say taking away lewd images of lolis would make it so pedophiles wouldn't have an outlet. Psychological sublimation is taking those urges and turning them into something else, something positive, not feeding those urges.

You are going in circles and contradicting yourself. Again: make up your mind with what you're trying to say. Also yeah, adults being into teenagers is still nasty.
Chiibi said:
cageofroses said:
It's normalizing the behavior.

What's "normalizing" what behavior?

Lol I hate the term "normalize". People drawing shota and loli comics is not "normalizing" predatory behavior towards kids....just like how people drawing violent shounen comics is not "normalizing" violent beatings on the streets.

It's plain dumb to think this.

Maybe actually read the whole conversation before you step in. I am specifically talking about pedophiles who already associate images of lolis and shotas with children and using those images as an outlet for their urges. They shouldn't do that, because it's still normalizing their attraction to little kids. There is no disconnect for them. Which is why they need to seek help.

Y'all are exhausting.

May 31, 2020 7:15 PM

Apr 2015
Korishi said:
@Tylaen im getting confused with MALers because on the times I do speak from a moral point, I get shit on, and now when I rationalise this particular topic, it's almost no different. I'm just tryna meet half way here and I am in no position to judge if there are areas in my life that would be contradictory to what I preach. if its morally wrong, that's a personal accountability anyway.

change what you can, accept what you can't, and know the difference.
Mal Isn't much of a monolith and I imagine your appeal would be more sound to many others here. I just happen to not be under that categorization, so don't let it confuse you too much.
May 31, 2020 7:43 PM

May 2020
It's important to note that loli does not mean underage, loli is a body type. I've met a 22 year old and a 25 year old who are both flatter than a high school graduate, and I jokingly call them "irl lolis". They're super short too, like 5'2" or less. So being short and flat doesn't automatically mean they're a little girl. In fact, most loli are of age, and some are like, 500 year old gods.

Also, you have to be aware that the federal Age of Consent in Japan is 13. Most prefectures in Japan have it set at 18, with the exception of three keeping it at 13. One of those three prefectures that keep the Age of Consent at 13 is the Tokyo prefecture, and Tokyo has the largest population out of any city in the entire world. It has twice the amount of people as New York City.

Now if the question is if I'm personally okay with pedophilia, I am absolutely not okay with pedophilia, but I'm certain how you define pedophilia and how I define pedophilia are not going to be the same thing.
May 31, 2020 8:03 PM
Mar 2018
Imo most lolis are basically adults in the body of children, I'm sure people get attracted because of that adult part of them
May 31, 2020 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
TALIDIN_ said:
One of those three prefectures that keep the Age of Consent at 13 is the Tokyo prefecture, and Tokyo has the largest population out of any city in the entire world. It has twice the amount of people as New York City.

Actually not true. Tokyo has something called the Youth Protection Law that makes it illegal for an adult to have sex with someone under the age of 18. Age of consent also only applies to the teens themselves. The age of consent means it's okay for the teens to have sex together. Not with an adult.

May 31, 2020 8:13 PM

Apr 2016
Lolicon isn't pedophile! That's just so stupid
Jun 1, 2020 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:

You said earlier:
"with the picture, I just alluded to the age-old argument of "lines on a page". should be fine since no one is being hurt.
unless you also think video games incite violence? then it's definitely a stalemate lol"

Insinuating you believe there's no correlation, then going on to say taking away lewd images of lolis would make it so pedophiles wouldn't have an outlet. Psychological sublimation is taking those urges and turning them into something else, something positive, not feeding those urges.

You are going in circles and contradicting yourself. Again: make up your mind with what you're trying to say. Also yeah, adults being into teenagers is still nasty.

no don't misunderstand; I did not insinuate that. I meant there could be a correlation but it's not dangerous. I'm not going to claim I completely understand the thought process of every single person (which you are seemingly doing)

art is positive. I really think you are looking for ways to accuse me of things like self-contradiction which I'm not falling for.

loli art is not made for pedophiles. there's no underground pedophile black market in the anime community.
what about furries? you think they're actually into real life animals? if you asked them, you would get a very boring answer.

even violent movies and video games aren't made for psychos to quell their urges, yet they're still associated with it.
it's all a damn fallacy and you need to stop shaming people.

imagine getting the feeling of moe and arousal from anatomy literally drawn on a page. I'd say job well done to the artist

question: is the anime community ok with pedophilia?
answer: no, but not ok with lolis being associated with pedophilia. gtfo with that negativity.
Jun 1, 2020 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
ccbestgirl1411 said:
Imo most lolis are basically adults in the body of children, I'm sure people get attracted because of that adult part of them

This person gets it.

(In my case it's shota but yeah.) I *really* don't like the childish types...they're too much like babies.

Jun 1, 2020 9:49 AM

Dec 2014
In my opinion, depicting pedo-type stuff in fictional media allows real life pedos to get off to something that isn't real, which is better than them actually committing the heinous acts.

I don't think that this is normalized in media throughout society, but again, better the pedos imagine than do it in real life.
Jun 1, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:

no don't misunderstand; I did not insinuate that. I meant there could be a correlation but it's not dangerous. I'm not going to claim I completely understand the thought process of every single person (which you are seemingly doing)

art is positive. I really think you are looking for ways to accuse me of things like self-contradiction which I'm not falling for.

loli art is not made for pedophiles. there's no underground pedophile black market in the anime community.
what about furries? you think they're actually into real life animals? if you asked them, you would get a very boring answer.

even violent movies and video games aren't made for psychos to quell their urges, yet they're still associated with it.

imagine getting the feeling of moe and arousal from anatomy literally drawn on a page. I'd say job well done to the artist

answer: no, but not ok with lolis being associated with pedophilia. gtfo with that negativity.

Art is not always positive, first of all. That's a damn lie if you knew any kind of history involving art, people, and media. Racist caricatures/propaganda, stories that purposely make minorities the villains, those things exist. The military uses COD and other venues to help enlist soldiers. You say you don't claim to understand every person's thought process, then continue to make absolutes. You throw around psych terms without using them correctly or really understanding what they mean.

Yeah, lolis as they exist on their own aren't bad. It's just a term for little girls. But to say that pedophiles have never used or created those images is incorrect. There have been plenty that have been found with both simulated (some of which they made themselves) and real cp. If an artist creates an image of a little girl with the intent on arousing someone due to it, that's a little bit concerning. This is not the way to get their urges out. It's dangerous to act like it is.

Also believe it or not, but negativity towards art is normal. One can't make art without being critiqued in one way or another. If you put something out for everyone to see, you will have people commenting on it. Also, please, have you looked at the responses in this thread? There are plenty of people who have said they're okay with real life pedophilia.

Again, I reiterate: this whole discussion requires more nuance than most people on this site are willing to give.

Jun 1, 2020 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Pedophilia is disgusting

I want to smash Kanna's little dragon ass though
whoa, calm down there you pervert..

Jun 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Oct 2016
Hmm. I'm sure the reason so much of it gets made and consumed is that there're some people who're essentially using it to satisfy an urge that is illegal for them to pursue (and problematic in many other ways). I wouldn't think that's a large percentage of the anime community, but I'm not sure I really care as long as that's where it ends. You don't really have any control over who you're attracted to, but you do have control over whether or not you act on that attraction.

I remember feeling quite confronted by it when I really got into anime in my teens, and realised at some point I'd become desensitized to the depictions of underage characters that would be inappropriate in my country, whether that's just due to how they're dressed, how they're behaving, or more sexualised content. At some point I guess I gained an appreciation for the fact that the creators of the anime are trying to recreate situations that occur in real life, or screw with you by bastardising real life situations with their imagination, like the pretty common sexy school uniforms thing which isn't overly common in real life, but at that age most people probably wished it was, so it can become a point of comedy in the sense that you can relate to it. And then there's all the awkward plays on the position of power thing like teacher-student relationships which are generally illegal in real life, but I don't know many people who never had a crush on a teacher at some point when they were underage, so again, another thing that can be relatable.

Depends on how seriously you take it all I suppose, but the ethics of viewing animation and its sociocultural implications isn't exactly at the top of the list of things I worry about most days.
Jun 1, 2020 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:

Art is not always positive, first of all. That's a damn lie if you knew any kind of history involving art, people, and media. Racist caricatures/propaganda, stories that purposely make minorities the villains, those things exist. The military uses COD and other venues to help enlist soldiers. You say you don't claim to understand every person's thought process, then continue to make absolutes. You throw around psych terms without using them correctly or really understanding what they mean.

Yeah, lolis as they exist on their own aren't bad. It's just a term for little girls. But to say that pedophiles have never used or created those images is incorrect. There have been plenty that have been found with both simulated (some of which they made themselves) and real cp. If an artist creates an image of a little girl with the intent on arousing someone due to it, that's a little bit concerning. This is not the way to get their urges out. It's dangerous to act like it is.

Also believe it or not, but negativity towards art is normal. One can't make art without being critiqued in one way or another. If you put something out for everyone to see, you will have people commenting on it. Also, please, have you looked at the responses in this thread? There are plenty of people who have said they're okay with real life pedophilia.

Again, I reiterate: this whole discussion requires more nuance than most people on this site are willing to give.

ehhh art is expression so that's always good. but the interpretation can be harmful like in your example if you try to use it for intimidation or terrorism etc.

>The military uses COD to help enlist soldiers
lmao my new favourite conspiracy theory

and don't insult my intelligence, I understand exactly what I'm saying.

>But to say that pedophiles have never used or created those images is incorrect
most definitely, but that's why I said take it away and you'll find those pedophiles do crimes like download real cp (or worse). at least with art, it serves as entertainment to the majority of its consumers plus it's mitigating stressors in certain populace minds like pedophiles for this example. art is great.

some pedophiles are ashamed and even consult with local authorities on ways to protect themselves and others which must be an incredibly hard step to take. I really do understand your concern with the dangerous ones though.

>There are plenty of people who have said they're okay with real life pedophilia
I understand their neutral position since it is a psychiatric disorder; it's not going anywhere. I believe other sexualities used to be considered disorders too; and to touch on that, should we be concerned about the kids that are brought up in same-sex households? they will probably be quite confused growing up I'd think, going against nature and all. I also believe gender dysphoria is still a psychiatric diagnosis.

by nuance, what do you refer to? as in the beginning I said ephebophilia is normal and not technically associated with pedophilia?
Jun 1, 2020 4:26 PM

Oct 2018
The top titles have a loli in em. Character-wise they have.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 1, 2020 4:37 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:
ehhh art is expression so that's always good. but the interpretation can be harmful like in your example if you try to use it for intimidation or terrorism etc.

>But to say that pedophiles have never used or created those images is incorrect
most definitely, but that's why I said take it away and you'll find those pedophiles do crimes like download real cp (or worse). at least with art, it serves as entertainment to the majority of its consumers plus it's mitigating stressors in certain populace minds like pedophiles for this example. art is great.

some pedophiles are ashamed and even consult with local authorities on ways to protect themselves and others which must be an incredibly hard step to take. I really do understand your concern with the dangerous ones though.

>There are plenty of people who have said they're okay with real life pedophilia
I understand their neutral position since it is a psychiatric disorder; it's not going anywhere. I believe other sexualities used to be considered disorders too; and to touch on that, should we be concerned about the kids that are brought up in same-sex households? they will probably be quite confused growing up I'd think, going against nature and all. I also believe gender dysphoria is still a psychiatric diagnosis.

by nuance, what do you refer to? as in the beginning I said ephebophilia is normal and not technically associated with pedophilia?

No, no it is not always good. Someone expressing their homophobic or racist ideas is not good. Expression of one's self in various ways is normal but not always good and without faults.

Also the military using video games is not a conspiracy theory. It's a legitimate tactic that they use and has been talked about extensively before. Here are some examples:

I feel like I'm talking in circles here so I'm just gonna requote myself in response to your 'taking the images away will make pedophiles act on their urges' thing:
cageofroses said:
If a pedophile needs to jack off to images of fictional children so that they don't hurt anyone--if that's all that's keeping them from harming kids--then they especially need serious help.

I don't know why it's such a controversial opinion to say that pedophiles need medical and psychological help to deal with their issues rather than feeding into the urges.

I was gonna reply to more but then you compared gay people to pedophiles and implied that being gay isn't 'natural' so lol. I only have so much patience. Done with this convo, seeya buddy.

Jun 1, 2020 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:

No, no it is not always good. Someone expressing their homophobic or racist ideas is not good. Expression of one's self in various ways is normal but not always good and without faults.

Also the military using video games is not a conspiracy theory. It's a legitimate tactic that they use and has been talked about extensively before. Here are some examples:

I feel like I'm talking in circles here so I'm just gonna requote myself in response to your 'taking the images away will make pedophiles act on their urges' thing:
cageofroses said:
If a pedophile needs to jack off to images of fictional children so that they don't hurt anyone--if that's all that's keeping them from harming kids--then they especially need serious help.

I don't know why it's such a controversial opinion to say that pedophiles need medical and psychological help to deal with their issues rather than feeding into the urges.

I was gonna reply to more but then you compared gay people to pedophiles and implied that being gay isn't 'natural' so lol. I only have so much patience. Done with this convo, seeya buddy.

ok well regarding art I guess just a big difference of opinion there.

ok the COD thing isn't a conspiracy. that's damn interesting but I think I missed that because playing FPS games myself, I thought no way in hell do I wanna die like this.
but besides the military using it to their advantage, and beside the actual military funded games like the America's Army series, I do not believe popular eSports games are created for that sole purpose.
you responded to my post where I said games aren't created for psychos to quell their urges and that still holds true for me.

I mean, I wouldn't say that's all that's keeping them from harming kids, but great if it does prevent it to a degree. they should seek help if they have awareness of this being a significant problem, otherwise the legal system will get them eventually. and I'm not here to talk about all the innocents that do fall victim; that's life and it's something terrible you have to accept as far as you can't do anything to change it. go ahead and speak out against pedophilia, but don't bring negativity and judgement into anime community.

it's not controversial; if you potentially have a psychiatric disorder then you probably need help. any professional will tell you that non harmful outlets can be mitigating until more helpful outlets can be realised.
if I were a pedophile and saw commentary on a loli illustration with someone saying "just a friendly reminder that I noticed there is actually a boundary that can be crossed with fantasising; so if this affects your reality to the point where someone can get hurt, just reach out because we don't judge people's characters here but we do care about safety" or something like that, I would definitely consider researching self help stuff online at least.

well now it sucks because someone hurt your pride regarding sexual preference and that's all that matters right? can't see the world through a mirror, buddy.
Jun 1, 2020 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
Korishi said:
well now it sucks because someone hurt your pride regarding sexual preference and that's all that matters right? can't see the world through a mirror, buddy.

I, as a lesbian, feel no need to continue debating with someone who uses homophobic rhetoric I already see on the daily. Especially not on the first day of pride month.

I genuinely apologize for not continuing this further but I am Tired.

Jun 1, 2020 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
cageofroses said:
Korishi said:

I, as a lesbian, feel no need to continue debating with someone who uses homophobic rhetoric I already see on the daily. Especially not on the first day of pride month.

I genuinely apologize for not continuing this further but I am Tired.

congratulations. I had no intention of insulting anyone, I just used such rhetoric as to shake you into an objective viewpoint.
if the conversation is taxing then please rest and spend your time on more worthwhile things
Jun 4, 2020 12:31 AM
Oct 2018
Yes, the anime community accepts pedophiolia, the same way as the furry scene accepts beastiality, and the far right accepts white supremacists-

Of course, members of all those groups will deny those associations... but with very few exceptions, the members of those groups who aren't actively into pedophilia/beastility/white supremacy, will happily turn a blind eye to all their peers who openly ARE into those things.

Where else except the anime scene could people openly buy, sell, and have whole businesses based on porn artwork of children having sex? (You'd get curb-stomped in 5 minutes if you set up a business like that at a record-collectors fair or a football game, yet those stalls are the norm at every anime convention.) Or, what other scene makes cutesie euphemisms like "lolis" and "lolicon", to avoiding offending pedos with the wild assumption that people who fantasize about sex with children, are "pedos"?

On this very website, there are multiple shows, a whole genre, about adults having sex with children, where the shows description specifies that the kid is 8 or 9 or 10 years old... Of course, (because the anime scene instinctively, actively protects pedos...), people will inevitably say "but they're just fictional- No REAL child is harmed!!" But so what? In normal society, if someone admitted "I fantasize about fuucking imaginary 8yo's", they'd get their head caved in, regardless of whether a real child had been harmed, yet, or not. Every single anime fan knows why these people want to watch hentai of an adult fuucking a 6yo, yet ask them "should we do something about the pedo problem in the anime fandom?" and they'll say "No, why would do that? There's no problem! Everything's fine!!" (But then 5 minutes later, when someone asks "Why do you think the anime scene has a reputation for pedophilia?" they'll act like they have no idea...)

The anime scene is an absolute safe-haven for pedos. The fandom actively, passionately defends pedos; People will openly admit to being pedos here (including in this very thread), and no-one will say a word... But if you start to CRITICISE pedos in the fandom, you'll get swarmed by people absuing you, calling you names, and defending the pedophiles.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» In Isekai anime, why are some fans so fond of "Truck-kun?"

Trivia-man-Frank - 8 hours ago

10 by _cjessop19_ »»
6 minutes ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Sep 23

79 by kebenaj »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - 12 hours ago

22 by _cjessop19_ »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - Yesterday

32 by Elizabetty »»
1 hour ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - 8 hours ago

26 by Rally- »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.