Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2020 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Katarina in those purple pajamas LOL

Man, this episode cracked me up for a pajama party. The other girls looked cute too and it's one of those gatherings that they can be more open with their conversations. Maybe they should make a meme out of that eggplant. Katarina's pajamas is based on it after all.

May 30, 2020 10:14 AM

Feb 2018
This episode that was full of smiles, I was attracted by this servant who became the narrator, really sounded like Kaguya-sama. Pajama party? I thought it would be fun, Katarina seemed too excited ... Look how stupid she was when wearing pajama clothes, it sparkled. Talking about love at midnight is really a girl, it seems like Katarina's male type is really attractive.

Look at their expressions when heard the statement from Katarina.

May 30, 2020 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
Really wholesome and cute episode. Was nice to see Anne get some shine and shed light on how important Katarina has been for her development. Bakarina has such a huge impact on everyone without knowing lol. She’s built a harem that can compete with the best of em, made up of both genders too

Poor Geordo at the end there. We only have like 3 eps left and that saddens me:(
May 30, 2020 11:06 AM
Oct 2016
Did not expect the heavy feels this episode. Last one that did this was when we got the Maria backstory. Turns out another character backstory here cussed the waterworks again. I seriously teared up during all the Anne the maid scenes this episode. She got a lot of character development this episode that I loved. Really made me think about Anne's character and feel for her. The cruel flashbacks we saw losing her mother dealing with a horrible father just wanting to use Anne as a tool. Catarina busting in like she always does!! Same with Keith and Sophia earlier in the show we see Catarina come in with her accepting heart and want to have these people around because she genuinely cares about them not just for some ulterior gain. It's really heartwarming to see and something I'm a sucker for in stories. Hamefura does it well again and again showing how Catarina pulls people in through her caring heart and devotion to accepting and seeing the best in people. Especially when they didn't see it themselves.

Of course on top of all the great comedy. Girls slumped party a great idea! All looked so cute in their pajamas. Interesting idea to have the boys do the same, Sophia seemed to like it but I thought more like Keith did towards the notion. Hilarious as they all wanted to see what Catarina would want in date. Sophia kept rambling about what she read in a fantasy novel which was funny. End scene with them all being summoned by Catarina with those letters cracked me up. Of course she'd be over the top for harvest day. All of them getting her new shears too! what luck Geordo, oof. Looks like we could see some room flag action before this shows done too.
May 30, 2020 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Now even the maid wants her LMAO.

It was real cute and funny today. Another great episode!
May 30, 2020 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
The scene after the ending song hyped me too much
May 30, 2020 11:24 AM
Sep 2015
I want to see boys-only night party too!
May 30, 2020 11:26 AM

Nov 2018
Bakarina has had a huge impact on all the character's lives and that harem includes the girls too. I thought this episode was really cute. Anne got a lot of development and backstory today which makes you want to cry. Catarina coming into her life was something that she really needed because Catarina sees the good side of people with how accepting and caring she is for everybody.

The pajamas were cute especially Catarina's and she was super excited for this pajama party. Geordo got the short end of the stick there at the end of the episode. Only 3 more episodes left F

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 30, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2014
Glad to see Anne's PoV chapter from the LN was fully adapted- the manga only mentioned her backstory in passing.
More fluff. Kinda wish they had spent this extra run time on the main plot (like I hope that end scene is just a preview and not the actual condemnation event). To be fair though, both fluff stuff is from the LN and the manga so I can't be too annoyed.
Art and animation quality also took a noticeable dive downwards.

Ah well. I hope they can wrap the main plot cleanly in the remaining 3 episodes without it feeling too rushed...
May 30, 2020 11:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sweet episode, Anne's been through a lot but Catarina giving her a purpose and identity was just heartwarming to watch. Incredible how Catarina's managed to win over so many people but it's a treat to watch her being clueless as ever.

Mary with the "Does it have to be a male?" question though, she really isn't holding back at all xD.

And lol, what a troll in the 2nd segment. Poor George-sama.

Damn, that cliffhanger though...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 30, 2020 11:42 AM
May 2015
Seeing Catarina's story from the maid's perspective was a nice touch. Makes one wish reincarnation didn't remove memories, since Cataina was so sweet in her previous life.

And it was nice of her dad to defend her daughter's maid too.

phantomfandom said:

They'd probably be arguing about who is Catarina closest to.

May 30, 2020 11:43 AM

Oct 2017
Bakarina just can't take a break she just has to raise flag everywhere, that was a nice backstory. Also Mary is on full attack mode lol.
May 30, 2020 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
Annie's father is a real scumbag, luckily Bakarina could help her. Loved that purple pijama Bakarina was using, obviously she's ahead on fashion. Those faces will be Bakarina's doom...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 30, 2020 12:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Kat both be able to progress on to the second year but also show kindness towards her maid as well. Hearing Anne's views on Katarina's friends and their relationships though sure was refreshing. Mary's plan of running away from their responsibilities sure was a bold one. Quite the variety of PJ's that Kat has though.The PJ party though sure proved to be an interesting experience for the girls. Anne though sure had quite the tough childhood losing both her mother and her home like that. But while sad it did enable her to meet Katarina and her family and an opportunity to change her life for the better as well. Katarina's stand against Anne's father though sure was brave. An excellent ep and a surprisingly heartwarming one that did well to both showcase just how much Katarina's personality changes have affected her friends but also how much it has changed Anne's life as well. Nice to see Azumi Waki finally get some lines to voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2020 12:33 PM
Mar 2017
Haneken2086 said:
Seeing Catarina's story from the maid's perspective was a nice touch. Makes one wish reincarnation didn't remove memories, since Cataina was so sweet in her previous life.

And it was nice of her dad to defend her daughter's maid too.

phantomfandom said:

They'd probably be arguing about who is Catarina closest to.

Eh what? Catarina knows everything from her previous live. The "real" Catarina before she remembered her old live was a brat.
May 30, 2020 12:38 PM

Mar 2018
It was really nice to see the touching story of the Maid, Anne Shelley! Completely loved every bit of it. So much respect for Anne and good to see she is being loved by Catarina and vice versa. It takes courage to stand up for yourself!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
May 30, 2020 1:17 PM
Jan 2017
I like My Next Life as a Villainess, I really do, it's just that I feel that the show has lost a bit of steam ever since it passed the halfway mark. Don't get me wrong, it's still enjoyable, it's just that, once the novelty wears off, watching an anime feels like a chore more than anything, at least to me. Still, if there's one thing My Next Life as a Villainess is doing right, it's the character writing.

This episode frames Katarina's life from the perspective of a supporting character, in this case, Katarina's maid, Anne. I like the poignancy of Anne's backstory and the development of her relationship with Katarina. As much as Katarina can be frustrating and clueless, her heart is in the right place and Anne knows that.

I feel that the show has lost a bit of steam, both because it stopped focusing on Katarina's efforts to avoid the bad endings and because the novelty of the series has worn off, but otherwise, it's still highly enjoyable.
May 30, 2020 1:30 PM

Feb 2007
That's quite the harem she's building, even the maid isn't safe...

Fujoshi fantasizing about the boys' night. :D

Dear god, those pajama choices...

Mary isn't even trying to hide that she's not thinking about a boy... :D In fact, that was pretty much a confession at the end there, wasn't it?

Good job distracting everyone from questioning the maid!

Well, damn... I knew she'd invite everyone and not just Geordo, of course, but I really didn't expect them all to suffer like that... :D Well, almost all, Maria is already used to this kind of work, so she certainly didn't have the same dead eyes as the others.

And looks like they all know her well enough to bring the same present... :D

And her replacement as the villain starts moving now - I guess we can expect the doom flags go her way instead.
May 30, 2020 1:32 PM

May 2019
Anne got her own episode, I wasn't expecting that kind of a story.

Meanwhile Maria is very serious about her love for Catarina lol and poor Geordo thought he was special for a moment.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Feb 2018
I like how Geordo is literally her fiancee and still feels like a bit of a long short to win the Bakarina Sweepstakes lol.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 30, 2020 1:45 PM

Mar 2019
Kyouko tomato >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Catarina Eggplant

Mary is a confirmed lesbian,,,,,, great

Catarina looks in trouble, its probably a joke
May 30, 2020 2:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
shears for her birthday wtf xD the sleepover part was good but Anne's backstory is really sad :( she deserves more
May 30, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Loved the POV of the maid. Really made me like katarina more. And the ending really just had me rolling. Though tbh The blissful ignorance she has is a bit infuriating.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 30, 2020 2:39 PM

May 2019
Woa, Mary openly reveal herself as lesbian.

That is sad in fact, not for prejudice or anything, but it will condemns her to deep unhappyness in this traditional conservative high society she is part.

In fact she is young and probably is at least bissexual, just lacking some event to discover love by anyone else than Bakarina. Everybody there is lacking other love feeling than for Kat.

From their current age further, keep staying close to Kat and not be chosen is in fact very unhealthy for them.

And poor Anne Shelley who abdicated to find love and have her family or kids just to serve Bakachan until the end... An Alfred complex. It is the freedom she choses, but i still feel a little pitty.
Rob7May 30, 2020 2:46 PM
May 30, 2020 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
The story of Catarina's Maid, Anne, was pretty touching! So it's about time we can add her to Catarina's harem!! I love how Anne knows about everything that is going on and how dense Catarina is with everyone..

The Pajama party was pretty funny, Mary saying all these things that are cleary for girls and Catarina still didn't catch onto it, oh boy XD

Catarina called out everyone to come to the garden cause it's harvest day, while everyone expected something wayyyy different and bought gifts for her. She has enough shears now to last a few seasons XD

Overall good episode!!
May 30, 2020 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
I love this Harem, but the problem with a Harem story is that in the end they only have to choose one. I mean, it’s the sad reality, you won’t be able to keep everyone.
May 30, 2020 2:54 PM

Feb 2020
I didn’t almost cry.. you almost cried.... bitcj

May 30, 2020 2:56 PM

May 2019
Hey, was this episode also a filler?

If positive i'm starting to be worried about the ending of season (and probably the only Bakarina will have)...

Btw, after the pajama party Maria achieved the closest bed to Katarina, what makes sense in the order of proximity of Katarina's heart (by the girls side).

- Sophia, the farthest, already gived up to help her brother, and also had dreams from her last life revealing that she was Kat's best friend forever.

- Mary yandere is in the middle.

- Maria was saved 3 times already by Bakachan and is the only contender who already is fulfilling her desires with Kat.
May 30, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2015
At first it seemed that the maid knew something about the reincarnation of Katarina, but well, it was not the case and we only ended up with another filler episode about a character that we do not care xD
May 30, 2020 3:26 PM
Nov 2019
Mary flying the Yuri flag at full mast and still Katarina doesn't click...

Then after the ED she triggers a major doom flag by saying she hasn't set any of her doom flags so far".

Roll on "The public prosecution of Katarina Claes".

penrhosMay 30, 2020 3:32 PM
May 30, 2020 3:32 PM

Oct 2017
A bit better than the two previous episodes but they are still wasting time telling already stablished concepts (I'm talking about Anne explaining everybody's attachment to Catarina). Nothing moves forward. Even Catarina still thinks about the possibility of a bad ending, which should have been dropped since the time skip, it's pointless now.

So this episode only have Anne backstory but I'm sorry, I'm not very interested on a supporting-supporting character at episode 9...
May 30, 2020 3:43 PM
Nov 2019
Too much filler - at this speed they'll struggle to adapt to the end of Volume 2 before they run out of episodes (unless they butcher the content or go for an anime only ending).

May 30, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2019
It's nice that we got to see a story about Anne the maid. It's also nice that her feeling for Katarina seem to only be feelings of platonic appreciation and loyalty rather than romantic attachment. Katarina has more than enough people in the romance party already.
May 30, 2020 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
Katarina is an angel, maids that love the person in charge of them like family are one of my many weaknesses, Anne really loves her like a little sister, and lol she already conditioned Geordo with the snakes.

So then I assume this is all now uncharted territory for Katarina, no more big red flags and a completely new twist.

Now I want an eggplant pajama.

Haneken2086 said:

So we know she was super friendly with Sophia, are there any other flashbacks about how she was back in her previous life? I thought she was just playing nice to not die but she was more kind that expected.
May 30, 2020 5:15 PM

Feb 2009
All this filler is going to make the ending rushed and then all the anime only fans will hate one of my favorite titles and I'll be so sad when the rating drops lol.

But show me the boys night!!? Keith x Geordo ftw hahaha

May 30, 2020 5:21 PM

Sep 2007
Anne's backstory definitely was a nice touch.
Sadly nothing about the guy's "sleepover party"....although I can kind of imagine if there really was one they'd just stare at each other in silence (though I wouldn't be surprised if Geordo tried to run off and Keith would just block him....AGH WHY DID THEY NOT SHOW BOY'S ONLY PARTY?! THE POTENTIAL FOR FUNNY WAS THERE!)

*ahem*

Otherwise....lol that they managed to squeeze that "garden sheers omake" at the very end....though they didn't include what she did with all the sheers :(

Whelp....looks like I called it though.... the last 3 eps of this season (or 2 with ep12 possibly being something original) will finally go back to the main plot...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 30, 2020 5:59 PM

Nov 2017
Ahw why didn’t Catarina go for her original chosen pajama.. And how did the girls night end? *insert lenny face*

plz @ me
May 30, 2020 6:34 PM

Mar 2019
Time for a new ship: Catarina x Anne. Bakarina is surely just enjoying everything...
We all need to know what the other girls have discovered at the end... What has she done???
May 30, 2020 6:42 PM

Nov 2018
This episode is good, even there is a bonus scene, but when I saw the ending credit scene for this episode, I expected that this will be the starting of the final arc for the season one..

Although there are only 3 episode left but this will be a rushed episode and a cliffhanger episode that will expected between episode 11-12..

But it will be divided according to the light novel chapter..

So get ready for more memes template specially the "Coffin Dance Memes" to our beloved Katarina Class that will be most funniest memes ever...
May 30, 2020 6:50 PM

Mar 2019
Anne even knows that they all like Katarina and Katarina can't even realize it! Anne learning to stop being a tool and loving others like Katarina was so nourishing.

Their pajama party was so also nice too especially when their faces lightened up when talking about Katarina. The ending though I wonder what's going to happen.
May 30, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2020
Found it very nice and interesting seeing a episode by another character's perspective, Anne the maid story was really good and emotial. And it was nice seeing she didn't feel like joing the "Katarina's Harem Train" and just felt loyalty and appreciation for Katarina. I didn't care much about the Garden Scene and I did feel that was wasted opportunity to get back to the main plot and to prepare for the end of the season, but this episode is overall very enjoyable!
May 30, 2020 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
Her maid's back story was interesting. The death flag are beginning to unfurl in spite of everything that she did to change the narrative
May 30, 2020 8:53 PM
Apr 2020
me gustos mucho jejeej
May 30, 2020 8:55 PM

Oct 2016
That last sequence of scenes were gold, Geordo can't catch a break.
May 30, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2018
I thought the whole backstory of Katarina's maid, Ann, was really wholesome and sweet. Contrary to most people's opinion, I wish more episodes would be dedicated to side characters like this, despite it technically being filler; it makes the whole story feel more fleshed out which is always a good thing to have.
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
May 30, 2020 9:20 PM

Aug 2019
OH GOD THE FEELS DDDDDD: Hay thats not fair, i came here to watch a female harem protagonist create one of the most adverse and bad shit wild harems while being the antagonist, not cry for 15 minutes straight at one of the most touching scenes i've seen in an anime for a while. This truly shows how much of an impact Katarina has had not only on the main characters of the "Fortune Lover" game, but to others around her. God i won't get over this for a while, the maids backstory along with how much of an impact Katarina made on her life is truly a blessing bestowed onto this earth. Maid Anne is the real fucking MVP in this anime on god.
Lmao ngl when Sophia said "Just the boys... talking all night" in a extremely odd manner, i kinda just ಠ_ಠ don't. don't you dare.
and Prince Gerald was once again, bested by the other 7 contestants. This time i SWEAR i saw the guy fucking snap and almost turn into the "dark prince".
i guess to cut things short, everyone fucking loves Katarina. Can't blame them.
May 30, 2020 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
The bisexual energy from this anime... is VERY strong
May 30, 2020 9:59 PM
Apr 2015
Mary for the win!! without resting
May 30, 2020 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know if that part with Anne's backstory is from the LN but it did make me tear up. It was so touching. Anne has always been in the background and only jumps in to remind Catarina to behave and be more noble-like. I had no idea how much Catarina helped her and cared for it.

Anyways, that after credits scene is IT! This is what I was waiting for!
臭い-
May 30, 2020 10:06 PM

Oct 2007
Poor Geordo, he thought to be alone with Katarina.. but it was just a farming session with everyone! :D

Mary has a dangerous plan.. they would probably be executed if try to to run away.

So that's how Katarina got her maid. It's nice that she was saved.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.