Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja' Gets TV Anime

New
May 26, 2020 10:24 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

Publishing company Micro Magazine announced a television anime adaptation of Hirotsugu Ryuusen's fantasy light novel series Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja (She professed herself the pupil of the wise man.) on Wednesday.

Synopsis
Sakimori Kagami plays a VRMMORPG called Arch Earth Online. He is a veteran player with the name and appearance similar to an elderly bearded wizard from a certain book about a ring.

One day he purchases an appearance change item as a last resort to spend expiring currency and gets the idea of choosing what he would want to look like if his character was ever a girl.

Falling asleep should have suspended the game, but Kagami wakes up still online and feels the game has has gotten a bit more realistic. Did Arch Earth Online finally get a long-awaited update? (Source: Novel Updates)

Ryuusen originally launched the novel, also known by its short name WashiKawa, on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in April 2012. Micro Magazine began publishing the novel with illustrations by Choko Fuji (Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!) under its GC Novels imprint in June 2014. The 13th volume is scheduled to ship on May 29.

Comic Ride began serializing a manga adaptation by Dicca Suemitsu in July 2016. Micro Magazine released the sixth volume on January 30. The light novel and manga combined have a cumulative circulation of 1 million copies.

Novel special site: https://gcnovels.jp/pupil/

Source: PR Times

Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja on MAL

News submitted by DatRandomDude
VindstotMay 26, 2020 11:49 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2020 10:43 PM

Apr 2011
Finally, been waiting for this ever since i read the manga a few years ago.
May 26, 2020 11:11 PM
Apr 2016
W-why do I keep vomiting I have not even eaten anything lately!
Re:formed
May 26, 2020 11:14 PM

Nov 2016
YESSS!!! FINALLY Mira-chan animated 😍😭
May 26, 2020 11:38 PM

Jul 2016
Looks like mix of SAO, Log Horizon, and Overlord.

May 27, 2020 1:02 AM

May 2014
The Time has come for Mira to take the stage I bennn waiting this for the long time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2020 1:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Gandalf waifu - the animation?
May 27, 2020 1:33 AM

Aug 2015
Did I hear some plebs dissing summoning magic? Oh dear. Time for Mira to come to the big screen and show em all.

Sooooooo glad to see this getting an anime, very much deserved and hopefully will be as enjoyable as the novel and manga are!

Avatar and signature picture made by aryandil.
May 27, 2020 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Wow. Reading the synopsis, kinda surprise he becomes a girl instead of a demon king.. Hmm I think I'm gonna like this one.

May 27, 2020 2:43 AM
Oct 2018
Dont know what to think.... umm congrats on something original ??
May 27, 2020 3:15 AM
Apr 2016
Badasssiper47 said:
Dont know what to think.... umm congrats on something original ??

An "another world" with a gender swap twist can be considered ORIGINAL!? The more I know humans...
Re:formed
May 27, 2020 4:16 AM

Oct 2017
Is this a gender bender ?
May 27, 2020 4:31 AM
Jan 2018
So he originally looked like gandolf and changed his character into a female ...and now he's stuck as the female lol
May 27, 2020 5:17 AM
May 2016
Sounds pretty run of the mill, but it sounds like it could be charming
May 27, 2020 5:37 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
This seems like it's one of the original game isekai novels, so the adaptation should be interesting~!XD
May 27, 2020 7:23 AM
Apr 2019
so in this isekai the protagonist (male) is stuck in the game, but now (s)he a is cute girl? I only have one question, yuri for here?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
May 27, 2020 8:51 AM
Jun 2017
Rosary_Diva said:
so in this isekai the protagonist (male) is stuck in the game, but now (s)he a is cute girl? I only have one question, yuri for here?

From what I know it doesn't have yuri.
May 27, 2020 9:10 AM
May 2015
Looks interesting, I guess.....but that gender bender though...I don't know how to feel about that :/

May 27, 2020 9:19 AM
Nov 2016
Finally! I’m highly looking forward to it! (๑>◡<๑)
Summon <cheer squad>! ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
May 27, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2012
Kiririn-tan said:
Rosary_Diva said:

Quite unusual, given the frequent motive "girl with a male soul" in such works. In any case, I wonder if fantasies about women's experiences are so popular among current otaku? I have a lot of funny thoughts about this, but this is just speculation.
May 27, 2020 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
RobertBobert said:
Kiririn-tan said:

Quite unusual, given the frequent motive "girl with a male soul" in such works. In any case, I wonder if fantasies about women's experiences are so popular among current otaku? I have a lot of funny thoughts about this, but this is just speculation.

I mean Youjo Senki doesn't have it either for example and it's the most popular novel with that type of tensei afaik.
May 27, 2020 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
what kind of stupid shit is this? it is not enough to be an isekai about MMO like overlord, log horizon and countless anime similar.
It also has to include that the loser mc must become a loli, surely he will try to replicate the success of bofuri where everyone was so condescending just for having a protagonist moe waifu.
May 27, 2020 10:39 AM

May 2010
The light novel is interesting. Looking forward to it since we gonna have a gandalf.
May 27, 2020 10:51 AM
Apr 2020
sounds pretty original, imma check it out when it comes, and the light novel art style is good AF, I hope they find a good studio to animate it.
May 27, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 2018
"Elderly bearded wizard from a certain book about a ring" lul
May 27, 2020 11:48 AM

May 2015
Been waiting for Mira to get Anime made on the series for a long time now, its one of my favorites series I enjoy reading when a new chapter comes out. Its dream come true finally. I'm so happy, I had a small party for the series in celebration for it. BEST News I had all this week, already sharing the great news with close anime fans who'll love the series as much as me I hope. I'm also glad I didn't spoiler series to a few of my anime friends in vc about it. xD
May 27, 2020 5:26 PM
Feb 2018
FINALLY AH mira.... EPIC LOLI quality
i just hope the animation will be good cause the LN illustration is legendary
for story i cant expect much cause even though enjoyable still up to the studio
maybe need wait 2 or 1 year again seems
for who want to know more : yes its gender bender , she 100% women body in isekai and by time her attitude change to women ...
my people , i highly recomend this series cause as u see how charming is mira
May 27, 2020 6:58 PM

May 2019
RayReynolds said:
what kind of stupid shit is this? it is not enough to be an isekai about MMO like overlord, log horizon and countless anime similar.
It also has to include that the loser mc must become a loli, surely he will try to replicate the success of bofuri where everyone was so condescending just for having a protagonist moe waifu.

ok at this point what is really wrong with you i always see you complain at almost everything
you don't like something ? just move on
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
May 28, 2020 12:25 AM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:

ok at this point what is really wrong with you i always see you complain at almost everything
you don't like something ? just move on

Is there a rule that says I can't complain?
May 28, 2020 2:51 PM

Jul 2019
Involved MMORPG already attracts me.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
May 28, 2020 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
hmmm I dont know about the plot but I see kawai waifu + Isekai. I put it on my PTW.
May 28, 2020 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Finally. Was wondering when this gonna get anime since Fujichoko seem to favor this series over her other LNs (like 8th son). She uploads every new book cover art and they all invariably top the Pixiv daily rankings. Hope it gets good animation even if it's just another isekai story.
May 29, 2020 12:55 AM
Apr 2018
He turns himself INTO a LOLI. Funniest shit I've ever read.
May 29, 2020 2:14 AM

Nov 2016
Kiririn-tan said:
Rosary_Diva said:

If have yuri ship between Mira and Mariana the assistant fairy.
May 31, 2020 9:32 AM
Apr 2010
chriskor022 said:
same genre but no harem, fantasy comedy slice of life, MC is op but it's earned op.
May 31, 2020 9:38 AM
Apr 2010
GalacticMagna said:
Wow. Reading the synopsis, kinda surprise he becomes a girl instead of a demon king.. Hmm I think I'm gonna like this one.
well the premise is in game he is a one of nine wise men a high level and respected magic user, in game who support the magic casters of arkite, and act as it's military heavy hitters/hero units. Dunbalf gandadore is the wise man of summoning (yes he is a fan of Harry potter and lotr he likes dignified magic casters. His loli is his ideal woman, a dignified loli).
May 31, 2020 9:41 AM
Apr 2010
Rosary_Diva said:
it's mostly bait as of volume 3 so if any relationships actually developed I don't know. However there is a girl character that loves little girls (flicker) and then there is the fairy bond he has with Mariana his fairy assistant which for fairies is akin to betrothal. That's where most of the bait has come from so far.
May 31, 2020 9:43 AM
Apr 2010
MegamiRem said:
Is this a gender bender ?
yes and it's isekai and vrmmorpg fantasy slice of life comedy.
May 31, 2020 9:52 AM
Apr 2010
RobertBobert said:
Kiririn-tan said:

actually he is a gentleman, so doesn't generally do that. His friend bakanaria (luminaria) is a dedicated g.i.r.l who is deep into it to the point of having gotten pregnant in a game and given birth and loves being a woman. Danbulf himself though is more worried about his reputation than being female, though he is ultimately resistant to acting girly (the castle maids regularly use him as a dress up doll for their goth loli clothes.) Though as it goes on his disposition and his "awareness of his femaleness" does change as he gets used to his new sex. To the point he starts imagining his real life form as an older female version of his loli form.
May 31, 2020 9:55 AM
Apr 2010
Mazyad said:
"Elderly bearded wizard from a certain book about a ring" lul
and a dignified head teacher of a certain school from a book about a certain boy who lived. His name is danbulf gandadore
May 31, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2016
neokiva said:
chriskor022 said:
same genre but no harem, fantasy comedy slice of life, MC is op but it's earned op.
from the looks of it, its definately a rip off. Still and OP character.

May 31, 2020 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
Kiririn-tan said:
Rosary_Diva said:

Really? Almost hard to believe, 90%+ of 2010's LN isekais and pseudo-isekais/VRMMORPGs relies on harem hijinks, even if lowkey.
Is "does not have any yuri" as in no girl EVER falls in love for the MC, and (s)he NEVER flirt with ANY of them, or s(he)'s just dense protagTM, collecting a harem with his/her salvations/OPness, yet without ever noticing it?

neokiva said:
chriskor022 said:

Kirito theorically did earned his OP as well, he (supposedly) grinded hard in the right spots during the (multiple) timeskips of the first arc.

Are they gonna show multiple flashback from when (s)he was a n00b, and started learning how to GIT GUD SCRUB?

Also, does (s)he ever loses a fight across the plot? Or have at least realy hard fight? Sometimes is boring how those MCs stomp everything lowdif.
FabrisMay 31, 2020 5:28 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
May 31, 2020 4:55 PM
Apr 2010
Fabris said:
Kiririn-tan said:

Really? Almost hard to believe, 90%+ of 2010's LN isekais and pseudo-isekais/VRMMORPGs relies on harem hijinks, even if lowkey.
Is "does not have any yuri" as in no girl EVER falls in love for the MC, and he NEVER flirt with ANY of them, or s(he)'s just dense protagTM, collecting a harem with his/her salvations/OPness, yet without ever noticing it?

neokiva said:

Kirito theorically did earned his OP as well, he (supposedly) grinded hard in the right spots during the (multiple) timeskips of the first arc.

Are they gonna show multiple flashback from when (s)he was a n00b, and started learning how to GIT GUD SCRUB?

Also, does (s)he ever loses a fight across the plot? Or have at least realy hard fight? Sometimes is boring how those MCs stomp everything lowdif.
there are flashbacks, and there are explanations of why he got so good, but it's mostly exposition, other players or npc's turned human talking about him as a legend and fangirling/boying. as for yuri you could say there is a wholesome yuri love with mariana, but she's so innocent. essentially she has a bond with mariana the fearie girl, for faeries this bond essentially means they devote their life to serving another person and this is akin to betrothal as in marriage and apparantly faeries don't care about appearance. so yea she might be the only yuri ship (flicker another adventurer that likes little girls doesn't count)
Jun 4, 2020 1:49 AM

Feb 2019
@Fabris She does not have any harem, because her appearance as a girl only allows her to catchfriends, I think that the author used the gender bender for 2 options; He wanted to have a kawaii girl as the protagonist, but he did not know how to give him an appropriate personality for the type of stories where he required a mature character and did not want to have a generic mc with a companion loli, or because he wanted to focus on the story and the worldbuilding avoiding any romance with the different girls he meets.
Jul 5, 2020 10:43 AM

Apr 2012
Kamiluck said:
@Fabris She does not have any harem, because her appearance as a girl only allows her to catchfriends, I think that the author used the gender bender for 2 options; He wanted to have a kawaii girl as the protagonist, but he did not know how to give him an appropriate personality for the type of stories where he required a mature character and did not want to have a generic mc with a companion loli, or because he wanted to focus on the story and the worldbuilding avoiding any romance with the different girls he meets.

Well, nowadays, many authors simply choose the all-female platonic yuri to transfer all the "romance" to shippers. This allows you to expand the audience due to the removal of the yuri tag, so now a huge number of all-female titles do this.

neokiva said:
RobertBobert said:

actually he is a gentleman, so doesn't generally do that. His friend bakanaria (luminaria) is a dedicated g.i.r.l who is deep into it to the point of having gotten pregnant in a game and given birth and loves being a woman. Danbulf himself though is more worried about his reputation than being female, though he is ultimately resistant to acting girly (the castle maids regularly use him as a dress up doll for their goth loli clothes.) Though as it goes on his disposition and his "awareness of his femaleness" does change as he gets used to his new sex. To the point he starts imagining his real life form as an older female version of his loli form.

Wait what? Is there a homosexual reproduction in this title?
Jul 17, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2014
A must watch for me cause I'm a summoner myself in video games and the story for light novel/manga is fantastic. I just hope it gets the Overlord treatment (except for Season 3) with amazing color palettes and character design. There's only one studio that I want this to be animated by, and its White Fox.
LelouchXLulukoJul 17, 2020 7:29 AM
Aug 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Nov 2016
no news from my summoner loli? :(
Aug 31, 2020 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
KitsuYurikano said:
no news from my summoner loli? :(

From what I heard they announced VA, but I don't know where people got this information from.
Sep 2, 2020 9:26 PM
Feb 2019
YES !! F I N A L L Y !!!!!
Sep 26, 2020 5:43 PM
Apr 2010
RobertBobert said:
Kamiluck said:

Well, nowadays, many authors simply choose the all-female platonic yuri to transfer all the "romance" to shippers. This allows you to expand the audience due to the removal of the yuri tag, so now a huge number of all-female titles do this.

neokiva said:

Wait what? Is there a homosexual reproduction in this title?

Lol no luminaria is a guy in real life aka plays females in mmorpgs.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.