Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2020 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, that's a tough reality to realize with a case about stolen money. At least they got the culprit.

A bit of mystery in regards to the case and even some decoding. I like this episode honestly for relying on detective work and using clever analysis than just the murder thriller storytelling.

Seems the show also continues to maintain the light character chemistry.
May 25, 2020 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, quite the scenario though for a case of stolen money.

As usual, the meeting of detectives to start their invesigation into the robbery. The culprit is caught, but the case is, shall I say it: "more than meets the eye".

Nevertheless, the group of detectives still harbour around their daily interactions whilst figuring out the case in ways that's different from the norm. Especially for Kyousuke who's always been played at Ishigami's hands, one-upping him this time with enquiring people on the help of cracking codes, so good work there. But as always, Ishigawa wins this prank mental case by making fake paper money...so yeah, Hyousuke and Co., y'all lost that one.

Seems like there's a syndicate working in the backgrounds whilst keeping the detecives busy with trivial work. What will become of the overarching plot, wi'll only know in time to come.
May 25, 2020 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
damn my niga Ishikawa caught corona smh. That prank though.

I feel like the beginning of the OP kinda represent's Ishikawa as a character tbh, has good intentions, but asshole-ish ways of doing it. At least with the Oen case, already forgot what the reasoning behind the framing kindachi case was :P
May 25, 2020 9:44 AM

Aug 2016
If I had the 500 yen I could pay you all back.... or pull an epic prank lmfao.
Looks like Ishikawa has the TB, explains the first episode future scene.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 25, 2020 9:59 AM
Sep 2015
The bathhouse scene is the best! A century ago there are washmen at the bathhouse? That's new knowledge to me, even though I watch a lot of bathhouse scene in anime.

And talking about inflation, 5,000 yen used to be able to live comfortable for your whole life, now it's just daily expense.
May 25, 2020 2:00 PM

Jan 2010
Well considering the time period, I'm guessing Ishikawa has tuberculosis.

That was a pretty roundabout way for Ishikawa get Kyousuke to forgive him. A waste of 500 yen honestly.

Still 5 more eps(?) to go, I guess it'll focus on these criminals working in the shadows. Although the short PV for ep.8 seems like it's gonna focus on Ishikawa getting sicker. wonder if he's gonna survive till the last episode....

May 25, 2020 2:05 PM

Apr 2017
JokerVentura said:

Is it a spoiler if the first episode states the imminent death of the MC and the MC is a historical figure?

I don't know what's wrong with me, but that last scene really hit me hard.
May 25, 2020 6:05 PM

Mar 2016
Ishikawa it's totally a troll, and a damn good one. The last scene reminded me how the first episode started, and how it will end.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 25, 2020 10:38 PM

Nov 2019
When Kindaichi was explaining how he discovered the hidden place of the money, I knew it was Ishikawa's trick. I enjoyed the episode.
May 26, 2020 3:09 AM
May 2020
It seems that there is something bigger going on behind the scenes.
I'm happy that those two mad up and that is a 10/10 prank ishikawa pulled there.
I mean that is totally what kyousuke looks like 10 years to come as it was shown in the first episode. Also akutagawa keeps popping up everywhere.
And umm.. that scene in the end though :(
May 26, 2020 3:30 AM
Apr 2018
Oh so it's probably his illness that killed him.

Nice episode. The prank was something I did not expect.
May 26, 2020 4:13 AM

Jan 2014
OK at best in my view.

I guess the last few episodes have really made me not like this show in some regard.
May 26, 2020 5:51 AM

Apr 2009

Going by this scene here and his words some episodes ago I assume it's safe to say Kindachi was essentially projecting his own feelings on Oen and his feelings for Ishikawa go a bit beyond friendship.

This episode manages to redeem Ishikawa a bit since he uses an extremely roundabout way ask for the other's forgiveness (And spends 500 yen on it) and it explains Oen's circumstances a bit better.

May 26, 2020 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
So Oen's parents were in debt and that's why Ishikawa did what he did, fine I guess. Thou I'm losing interest in this anime and might actually drop it even thou there's only five more episodes left.
May 26, 2020 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was just okay. Last week's episode was more interesting.
臭い-
May 31, 2020 8:57 AM

Dec 2016
JokerVentura said:

@omegarabbit

I don't know in which year this story is happening but drugs for TB were created in 1946 (and vaccine in 1921). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis#History
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 31, 2020 9:30 AM

Aug 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
JokerVentura said:

@omegarabbit

I don't know in which year this story is happening but drugs for TB were created in 1946 (and vaccine in 1921). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis#History

Its set in the Meiji era which ended 1912 - poor Ishikawa
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jun 10, 2020 3:03 PM
Jun 2020
This episode is based on the short story of Edogawa Ranpo "The Two-Sen Copper Coin", probably the very first his published story.
Episode retold the story without serious omissions,
Jun 30, 2020 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
Kind of unexpected prank (bit waste of the 500 yen) but I don't really see how this should resolve the friendship problem they had.
By the looks of it Ishikawa's days are numbered, I guess that's why he is so reckless with the money and even sold his lover to a rich guy in order for her to lead a better life.

May 18, 2021 3:54 PM
Nov 2018
Hyperbolos said:
This episode is based on the short story of Edogawa Ranpo "The Two-Sen Copper Coin", probably the very first his published story.
Episode retold the story without serious omissions,

Yes the reference is Hirai Tarou goes on to become Edogawa Ranpo, so this episode means to say Kyosuke gave Tarou the inspiration to write his hit story

More topics from this board

» Who is the voice actress in ep 8?

Teirayo - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Teirayo »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

30 by lazy_complex »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:04 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

20 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2020

18 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2020

34 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.