Forum Settings
Forums

'Log Horizon' Gets Third Anime Season in Fall 2020

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2020 5:20 AM
Aug 2016
Wow, unbelievable. Maybe i never think about log horizon 3rd season because, you now, many genre game and fantasy isekai on the anime. But know, i want to see haraguro again. Hahahaha
Jan 22, 2020 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
Well THIS is unexpected... Regardless of that tho, I'm super happy!!
Tho if they're trying to make a two courses out of it, suddenly announcing it for October 2020 is a bit... Worrying..

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 22, 2020 5:52 AM
Feb 2010
I'm excited about this, I'm a fan of this series even though it got overshadowed by SAO and No Game, No Life and Accel World. I wonder if this season would answer the cliffhanger ending to the second season, guess we'll find out in October and I can't wait.
Jan 22, 2020 5:59 AM

Aug 2018
Lost all hope for season 3 i cannot believe this been waiting for 5 years!
Jan 22, 2020 6:30 AM

Oct 2017
quercifolia said:
janiwolf said:
This was unexpected. Hopefully it's better than the 2nd season. It's good that one of the few decent isekai gets another season.
VanishingKira said:
Hopefully those kids get less focus this season compared to S2 which ruined it.

It seems odd to me that people constantly trash S2, and yet the difference in rating is only 0.4 from season 01.

IMO I think it's just popular to hate on studio DEEN for most people.

Anyway I look forward to this next season. I might rewatch maybe not depends if I have time.

In a site where people claim that all sequels have a highher score because others drop it and stuff that shows that the second season was worse.
Gintama gets shit constantly for that pseudo sequel efect by people who prefer to hate it instead of trying to get why it keeps getting high scores for example, so a sequel losing that much here shows that it was a downgrade from the original.
Based on what people likes to claim here the second season should have like 8.2 if it was at the same level of quality from the original and not losing score.

Jan 22, 2020 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
Good.

Unexpected, but great.

They have how many volumes left to adapt? Or is still going on to this day? If so, they are in which volume?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 22, 2020 9:09 AM

Jul 2019
I'm jumping with happiness.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jan 22, 2020 9:35 AM

Mar 2016
So unexpected! I gave up on the idea of a third season coming out but this is such great news, I should re-watch the previous two seasons.
Jan 22, 2020 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
The database is still lives on! I didn't expect a 3rd season after what happened with the author on tax evasion! Anyways, hype train!
Jan 22, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2011
Fabris said:
Good.

Unexpected, but great.

They have how many volumes left to adapt? Or is still going on to this day? If so, they are in which volume?

There are 11 volumes published by Enterbrain out of 14 on Narou (not sure if 14 is finished?). Vols 1-10 were adapted, although volume 9 was stripped of most of its content, including some important stuff... and volume 9 is a key story for vols 11+ so they've dug themselves into a bit of a hole there, which will be interesting to see how they get out of.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 22, 2020 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
After being let down by Index s3 I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes too high but this was something I never thought I'd see. Got chills when I checked my alerts.
Hope they stick with Database for the OP again.
Jan 22, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
Fabris said:
Good.

Unexpected, but great.

There are 11 volumes published by Enterbrain out of 14 on Narou (not sure if 14 is finished?). Vols 1-10 were adapted, although volume 9 was stripped of most of its content, including some important stuff... and volume 9 is a key story for vols 11+ so they've dug themselves into a bit of a hole there, which will be interesting to see how they get out of.

First epi being a recap with extra things, a la DxD last season?

After being let down by Index s3(...)

Current JC Staff is a mistake.
They also ruined DaL s3 and OPM s2.
Seems like they cant get the memo that producing 2-5 animes per season, every season, leads to quality issues.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 22, 2020 12:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Excellent news.
Loved the first two seasons and really enjoyed the source material after i started reading it after the anime ended.

Can't wait to see this when it aires.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2020 12:46 PM

Aug 2015
HOLY MOLLYYYYY Now please give us the devil is a part timer S2
Jan 22, 2020 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
Let's hope that this time Studio Deen does something better than *cough* *cough* Nanantsu no Taizai season 3 and the worst animation of the year * cough* *cough*

Also can someone that reads the original source tell me if Minori is going to be a lot in this season?, because she was annoying af.
AlvaritoterreosJan 22, 2020 4:06 PM
Jan 22, 2020 9:38 PM

Apr 2015
Omg, this is like a dream come true. Log Horizon is one of my fav anime of all time, n i've wait forever for 3rd season release.
And idgaf to anyone who said the animation will suck etc, as i watch anime for its plot only.

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Jan 22, 2020 11:20 PM
Dec 2019
Waiting patiently for the next season of this has been rewarded. Now all I'm waiting is No Game No Life Season 2 😆
Jan 23, 2020 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
DLight1988 said:
It'll be just as awful is at always has been. Don't care.

Than why are you here if u dont care? XD

lswarmruler said:
Omg, this is like a dream come true. Log Horizon is one of my fav anime of all time, n i've wait forever for 3rd season release.
And idgaf to anyone who said the animation will suck etc, as i watch anime for its plot only.

I like your thinking, Personally i never gave that much tough into the 2nd season animation anyway as long as the plot continues to progress.

Well I bought all the ln and manga spin offs i could and it seemed like it paid off. i hope this turns out well. :)
Jan 23, 2020 1:30 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Heimur said:
quercifolia said:

It seems odd to me that people constantly trash S2, and yet the difference in rating is only 0.4 from season 01.

Anyway I look forward to this next season. I might rewatch maybe not depends if I have time.

In a site where people claim that all sequels have a highher score because others drop it and stuff that shows that the second season was worse.
Gintama gets shit constantly for that pseudo sequel efect by people who prefer to hate it instead of trying to get why it keeps getting high scores for example, so a sequel losing that much here shows that it was a downgrade from the original.
Based on what people likes to claim here the second season should have like 8.2 if it was at the same level of quality from the original and not losing score.

People can claim whatever they like... But ultimately, 0.4 is only a 4% difference. If scores were rounded, they'd both be an equal 8/10.

I find in general sequels tend to be a bit worse than the original. The creator hits some nerve and something gets popular-- then often they don't know what to do with it, or the company behind tries to milk it, and that's how you get crap. Such as Caddyshack 2, Jaws: the Revenge... etc.

There is no perfect formula to determine a shows rating, and to be honest, claiming it will get a higher rating just for being a sequel is kinda silly....

Yukikaze_sama said:
quercifolia said:

Tbh 0,4 is pretty huge. And on top of it it's a sequel - which naturally gets better scores, as it's watched only by people who already like this anime (completed S1).
Personally I didn't even look at studio. S2 just felt much worse, but mostly because of the content, not technical stuff. In the end it might not be studio's fault but source material that went that way.

Either way, I'm still happy for adaptation. I'm sure less hyped for it than I was for S2, as I'm not a fan of direction the story took.

Well I think that 0.4 is not so much. If we look closer... It's only a 4% difference. And if you round the ratings to the nearest whole number, they'd both be an equal 8/10.

I agree that it's more for the content, rather than the technical aspects. There were some relatively minor art style changes that I noticed, but overall not that bad.

I find that for sequels they tend to deteriorate a bit.

When a series gets popular, it's usually because the creator had a great idea. But once it gets popular I think many creators can get overwhelmed, and feel pressure to release something, ANYTHING, even if it may be not as good.

Or, they don't think it through very well you get a subpar release.

Heck, some stories just don't do sequels well and, despite how popular they are, they just don't need any more.

For example Eureka AO was considered as one of those pointless sequels. (haven't watched either)
And also Psycho Pass 02 (Don't mind it, but I agree, it was a bit meh)

Jan 23, 2020 1:36 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
MagwitchOo said:
quercifolia said:

As far as i remember, 2nd season started strong and ended strong but the middle part was like they went on a sidequest or something.

Yes it got a bit muddled in the middle, not too badly though. A nice change of pace to ramp up for the epic battle at the end.

Jan 23, 2020 3:35 AM
Sep 2017
So, lets see what anime would be have a 3rd season after oregairu, kingdom and log horizon(tal)
Jan 23, 2020 8:23 AM
Apr 2016
At least something I do not outright despise gets a sequel. Looking forward to, I guess.
Re:formed
Jan 23, 2020 10:35 AM

Aug 2012
It's been 6 years, finally!
Jan 23, 2020 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
SAO better watch it's back. ;)
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 23, 2020 3:34 PM

May 2016
to bad there isn't more good stuff like LH. We are littered with garbage VRMMO and cancer shit art online.

Also I got the email for this and shit myself. I couldn't believe it.

Does anyone know who read the LN if this will be the ending? Assuming it is 25 episodes.
Jan 24, 2020 5:39 AM
Jan 2017
Yeah!! LH its back !!
Jan 24, 2020 6:52 AM

Jun 2016
Big hype for this :D I can't wait <3 !!
Jan 24, 2020 11:29 AM

Jun 2015
What's up with all these good anime from years back getting sequels/reboots lately? Is the anime industry catching the Hollywood fever?
Jan 24, 2020 11:45 AM
Sep 2017
Trash horizon is back. Don't care about this shitty franchise
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2020 8:38 PM

Nov 2019

Best news I've heard in a while, we've been waiting forever now. S2 haters can get rekt, we got our season three.
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+
Jan 26, 2020 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
ItsaNico said:

Best news I've heard in a while, we've been waiting forever now. S2 haters can get rekt, we got our season three.

Haters gonna hate indeed xD
Jan 26, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
Ohoo, didn't expect that this was coming

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
Jan 26, 2020 6:58 PM
Feb 2019
JUST WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH BOIS
Feb 26, 2020 7:14 AM
May 2009
YES! The second season started off well. but really drifted with the kiddies.
Can't wait for the next season.
Feb 29, 2020 5:57 AM

Sep 2019
I'm happy.
I'll be happier when we get Database as the OP again.

It pissed off The SuperBestFriends (RIP T_T) so much that it made me like it even more.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

May 13, 2020 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
Studio Deen I mean trash should be banned from making Anime
May 14, 2020 5:39 PM

Oct 2018
I don't know how it took them 6 years to decide to make season 3, I was close to giving up the hope but they pulled through.

Deen haters suck it.
Jul 13, 2020 2:54 PM
May 2016
Maximinoe said:
I don't know how it took them 6 years to decide to make season 3, I was close to giving up the hope but they pulled through.

Deen haters suck it.

Mount and Blade fans waited 8 years for Bannerlord to release... never give up hope.
Aug 14, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
to bad there isn't more good stuff like LH. We are littered with garbage VRMMO and cancer shit art online.

Also I got the email for this and shit myself. I couldn't believe it.

Does anyone know who read the LN if this will be the ending? Assuming it is 25 episodes.

Log Horizon is truly one of a kind. I hope the sales for Season 3 are massive.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
58 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.