Forum Settings
Forums

'InuYasha' Sequel 'Hanyou no Yashahime' TV Anime Announced for Fall 2020

New
May 9, 2020 2:39 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A television anime sequel to Rumiko Takahashi's InuYasha franchise was announced by Shogakukan on Saturday. The sequel, Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon), will premiere in Fall 2020. An official website also opened, revealing a teaser visual (pictured) and production staff.

Synopsis
The daughters of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!

In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Sota, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past. (Source: VIZ Media)

Staff
Director: Teruo Satou (InuYasha (TV) episode director, City Hunter Movie: Shinjuku Private Eyes chief director)
Series Composition: Katsuyuki Sumisawa (InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin)
Character Design: Yoshihito Hishinuma (InuYasha (TV), Tales of the Abyss)
Music: Kaoru Wada (Princess Tutu, D.Gray-man)
Studio: Sunrise

Original creator Rumiko Takahashi will be drawing the main character designs. Publishing company Shogakukan, animation studio Sunrise, and broadcasting station Yomiuri TV are credited for production.

The original InuYasha manga series ran in Weekly Shounen Sunday from 1996 to 2008. Shogakukan published the 56th and final volume in February 2009.

Sunrise adapted the manga into a 167-episode television anime that aired from Fall 2000–2004. A 26-episode sequel titled InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen (InuYasha: The Final Act) premiered in Fall 2009. The manga also inspired four anime films between 2000 and 2004 and a special episode in 2008.

VIZ Media published all 56 volumes in English between 1998 and 2011. The company also licensed the anime series in North America and released the first television anime in seven DVD volumes in 2008–2009 and the sequel in May 2015. The first 27 episodes are scheduled to ship on Blu-ray this July.

InuYasha won the 47th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen division in 2001. The anime series placed second in the 24th Anime Grand Prix Award.

Official site: http://hanyo-yashahime.com/
Official Twitter: @hanyo_yashahime

Source: Mantan Web, VIZ Media

Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi on MAL
VindstotMay 9, 2020 6:18 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2020 2:49 AM

Feb 2018
Some description of 3 main characters
May 9, 2020 3:05 AM
Jul 2019
Not sure how to feel about this, especially due the fact the mom is probably Rin.
May 9, 2020 3:12 AM

Mar 2020
lov3lymj said:
Not sure how to feel about this, especially due the fact the mom is probably Rin.

Same...I really really hope that by some miracle it will be revealed that the mom is not Rin...
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
May 9, 2020 3:19 AM
Apr 2016
I was about to say something about three females "another world" forced sequels, but then I saw Sunrise and respectfully refrain from commenting any further.
Re:formed
May 9, 2020 3:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Congratulations to the fans of the franchise, and to the creators of course! Happy 20th Anniversary for Anime too!

I’ve been seeing a lot of “Inuyasha: Next Generations” (lol) but I’ll be hoping this’ll not ultimately turn out to be like that.

Good to see that Sunrise will be helming the show for this round too. Seriously about time I check this, and what better time than in advance to the sequel I suppose.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 9, 2020 3:28 AM

Nov 2007
I'm somewhat excited because it's sequel, but somehow not really. I'm sorry I cannot explain such a weird feeling regarding to this news.

Edit: It seems like Inuyasha and Kagome will also appear on the anime because both seiyuus announced that they will resume their roles
http://www.ota-suke.jp/news/256131
tsubasaloverJun 9, 2020 2:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2020 3:55 AM
Mar 2013
tsubasalover said:
I'm somewhat excited because it's sequel, but somehow not really. I'm sorry I cannot explain such a weird feeling regarding to this news.
Same, i saw the title and was hyped but read the synopsys and hmm nahhh.
May 9, 2020 3:57 AM

Jun 2015
2005 fanfiction authors rejoice
this is LIT
May 9, 2020 4:10 AM
Dec 2013
Hopefully it's going to be a long-running anime like InuYasha was. And the main characters in this are all female, huh?
wildhoodMay 9, 2020 4:27 AM
May 9, 2020 4:12 AM

Feb 2018
I actually had a dream like two years ago that InuYasha will come back with a sequel involving some kids. Damn. Gonna look forward to this! Genuinely warms my heart seeing one of my favorite series is coming back for a sequel!
RedDesireMay 9, 2020 4:19 AM
May 9, 2020 4:16 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I'm so happy to see my favorite anime continue. However way it goes, I'm excited to see what's to come as Rumiko's work is always the best!
May 9, 2020 4:21 AM
Apr 2016
RedDesire said:
I actually had a dream like two years ago that InuYasha will come back with a sequel involving some kids. Damn. Gonna look forward to this! Genuinely warms my heart seeing one of my favorite series is coming back for a sequel!

Start a cult, this very second! Another Oracle enters the world.
May 9, 2020 4:27 AM
May 2015
My Most Beloved Anime of all-time is getting a sequel spin off. Um Yes please.
May 9, 2020 4:29 AM
May 2015
Hana said:
I'm so happy to see my favorite anime continue. However way it goes, I'm excited to see what's to come as Rumiko's work is always the best!

I know right. I'm just happy to see that it's still this impactful for people to actually make something like this happen when it really didn't need to.

Either way I think i'll eat it up so long as they don't make it some silly fan-service thing.
May 9, 2020 4:40 AM
Jul 2018
So, the sexy beast Sesshomaru banged someone at least twice... What a player
May 9, 2020 4:45 AM
Mar 2015
Will be interesting to see what sort of adult Rin turned out to be.
May 9, 2020 4:49 AM

May 2020
lov3lymj said:

First thing I thought when I saw the news, I'm hoping really hard that it is not Rin.

Other than that, Inuyasha was a series that I loved, I truly keep it as a treasure in my heart, was one of the very first series I watched and I am even rewatching since is now available on Netflix. I guess this was good timing! However, I really hope is enjoyable and not silly and hollow, because I don't think it was necessary... Let's see how it goes. Trying not to have expectations!
May 9, 2020 4:54 AM
Jun 2011
Gal3riel said:
tsubasalover said:
Same, i saw the title and was hyped but read the synopsys and hmm nahhh.
since it one of my first animes back then I will give it a chance at least even if the summery not sound too much
May 9, 2020 4:57 AM

Oct 2017
Excited af for this.

Lol the biggest question about this will be who is Sesshomaru's wife, Rin most likely since it says half demon twins but let's wait and see.
May 9, 2020 5:00 AM
Jul 2019
Xerx62 said:
lov3lymj said:

Same...I really really hope that by some miracle it will be revealed that the mom is not Rin...

I don't have any hopes after realising that the majority of fans in JP ship them romantically, there was a 10k post saying 'it better be rin'. Inuyasha as a whole and Seehomaru will never be the same for me, it makes me sick. There was also that weird, sickening drama CD where he proposes to her that a lot of fans take as canon (even the the author wasn't involved).

Rin is the only human he cared for ...
May 9, 2020 5:04 AM

Aug 2008
Sesshoumaru having half demon kids is surprising. I mean, after all this time pestering Inuyasha for being a
half-breed. Kind of ironic.
May 9, 2020 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
Uwwoooo! This is exciting! Can't wait!
May 9, 2020 5:20 AM
Furinahida Simp

Jan 2017
Woah I'm not even aware that Inuyasha got a sequel.

I see Sesshomaru's daughters are the MC's. But is Rin the mother? Did he really raised a waifu for himself??
May 9, 2020 5:52 AM

Apr 2015
So Rumiko Takahashi is only doing the designs. First impression - sounds like one of these 'Disney-ish' direct-to-video sequels with cookie cutter next gen.

Any news on who the writer is?
May 9, 2020 5:57 AM

Aug 2015
Yashahime: Inuyasha next generations.

May 9, 2020 6:04 AM
Apr 2016
Vsegda7 said:
So Rumiko Takahashi is only doing the designs. First impression - sounds like one of these 'Disney-ish' direct-to-video sequels with cookie cutter next gen.

Any news on who the writer is?

Hopefull the Sunrise think tank.
Pakumen- said:
Yashahime: Inuyasha next generations.

I get the reference. I ain't liking it, but I get it.
May 9, 2020 6:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
lov3lymj said:

Xerx62 said:
lov3lymj said:

lov3lymj said:
Xerx62 said:

I don't have any hopes after realising that the majority of fans in JP ship them romantically, there was a 10k post saying 'it better be rin'. Inuyasha as a whole and Seehomaru will never be the same for me, it makes me sick. There was also that weird, sickening drama CD where he proposes to her that a lot of fans take as canon (even the the author wasn't involved).

Its pretty laughable how you guys are not only applying real world politics in regards to this, but also how you guy's head canon are so warped lol

First of all, this is feudal japan, women married as young as 16 during this period and this is the country where the age of consent is of that age too

Secondly, Rin was between 11-12 at the end of the series, so it's not odd to think that after a few years of living with her own kind, she'd still be drawn to Sesshomaru....Their relationship was never this father-daughter type of thing either so you guy's head canon can just miss me with that lol

And lastly, yall are crying over the age difference when for one, not only is Sesshomaru physically 19, but this is LITERALLY how Inuyasha was born. Their dad is hundreds of years old and he married and conceived with a woman who was probably in her early to mid 20's.
May 9, 2020 6:56 AM

Dec 2015
Tokoya said:
this is feudal japan, women married as young as 16 during this period and this is the country where the age of consent is of that age too

Isn't sex consent set at 13 ?
May 9, 2020 7:06 AM

May 2018
Inuyasha,an anime that receive complete adaptations still receive sequel after all these years. No Game No Life still crying.
May 9, 2020 7:09 AM

Sep 2016
I just hope it is good. Boruto was a massive disaster and I don't want anything like that happening with the Inuyasha franchise. Please Anime God, let this be good and not just a ploy to milk the franchise and the fans.
May 9, 2020 7:21 AM
Jul 2019
Tokoya said:
lov3lymj said:

Xerx62 said:

lov3lymj said:

Its pretty laughable how you guys are not only applying real world politics in regards to this, but also how you guy's head canon are so warped lol

First of all, this is feudal japan, women married as young as 16 during this period and this is the country where the age of consent is of that age too

Secondly, Rin was between 11-12 at the end of the series, so it's not odd to think that after a few years of living with her own kind, she'd still be drawn to Sesshomaru....Their relationship was never this father-daughter type of thing either so you guy's head canon can just miss me with that lol

And lastly, yall are crying over the age difference when for one, not only is Sesshomaru physically 19, but this is LITERALLY how Inuyasha was born. Their dad is hundreds of years old and he married and conceived with a woman who was probably in her early to mid 20's.

Listen, I don't give 2 shits about agegaps, I'm German and it doesn't matter wether it's feudal Japan or not he met her when she was 8, they spent 2 years travelling together. He took care of her, be protected her, he adored her. Afterwards he brought her gifts and frequently visits. It's perfectly valid to feel grossed out by this bc he did come off as a father/guardian figure in her life but suddenly a few years later he screwed her?

My problem is that it paints their connection and development within the anime in a very creepy, ugly light. It lies somewhere btw 10 years later he'll be screwing her and get your hands off, she's 8. If he met her at 14 I wouldn't give 2 shits but 8, no.
May 9, 2020 7:39 AM

Nov 2018
lov3lymj said:
Demons outlive humans and if they stayed together he would eventually see her grow up
May 9, 2020 7:43 AM
Jul 2019
BenRyan said:
lov3lymj said:
Demons outlive humans and if they stayed together he would eventually see her grow up

And? They met when she was 8, after everything he dropped her off but still frequently visits, protects her and brings her gifts. Idk waiting for s/o to be a legal or ready to bear their children.. is just weird and ruins Sesshomaru for me. It raises the question when he fell for her?
May 9, 2020 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
This is interesting... But worrying at the same time... :')
I know the age gaps doesn't really mater since it's demon and human.. but since i see Rin as a child when she first appears, it's.. let's just say i'll feel weird if it's confirmed that Rin is the mom.. :')

Next thing is... The three doesn't seems close with the parents??? Where the heck are they.. lol

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 9, 2020 8:33 AM

Mar 2020
Tokoya said:
lov3lymj said:

Xerx62 said:

lov3lymj said:

It's pretty laughable how you don't notice that our problem is not the age difference or age of consent, but the fact that Sesshomaru shouldn't be attracted to someone that he's withnessed growing up from a little (8 year old) child to a teenager I guess.
Inuyasha's mother and his father by all what we know could've met when she was already an adult. What could be a problem there? But the situation with Sesshomaru and Rin is very different.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
May 9, 2020 9:44 AM
Aug 2016
Wtf? Why did no one complain about Hohenheim screwing Edward/Alphonse's mother in FMA?
May 9, 2020 9:49 AM

Feb 2011
Lol, where did this come from? Not that I'm complaining, I love Inuyasha after all. Will most definitely check it out.
May 9, 2020 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
The Mother of the Twins BETTER BE Rin!
The only thing other than Tenseiga that Sess was ever attached to.

Did I ever say Sess was my crush back in the days?

InuYasha was the first anime that ever made me cry. So, I do have a lot of emotional attachment to it. Also, Kanketsu-hen was a masterpiece.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 9, 2020 10:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
lov3lymj said:
Tokoya said:

Listen, I don't give 2 shits about agegaps, I'm German and it doesn't matter wether it's feudal Japan or not he met her when she was 8, they spent 2 years travelling together. He took care of her, be protected her, he adored her. Afterwards he brought her gifts and frequently visits. It's perfectly valid to feel grossed out by this bc he did come off as a father/guardian figure in her life but suddenly a few years later he screwed her?

My problem is that it paints their connection and development within the anime in a very creepy, ugly light. It lies somewhere btw 10 years later he'll be screwing her and get your hands off, she's 8. If he met her at 14 I wouldn't give 2 shits but 8, no.
So by this logic, if I were to take care of, protect and buy things for and visit my girlfriend, that means that shes just daughter to me?

Clearly I have been going about my relationships wrong *derp* Get your head canon out of here please (And for the last time, she was 11 at the end of the series)

If we do some basic calculations, for Towa to have been adopted by Kagome's brother's family, that means that at the very least, 10 years would have have to gone by since Japanese men at the very least, get married in their 20's straight up to their 30's, in which this case, Rin would have at the very least, been 18-20 years old since shes only a year younger than Kagome's brother, which in turn would make her physically the same age as Sesshomaru (He's physically 19)
TokoyaMay 9, 2020 10:40 AM
May 9, 2020 10:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rei_III said:
Tokoya said:
this is feudal japan, women married as young as 16 during this period and this is the country where the age of consent is of that age too

Isn't sex consent set at 13 ?
This is true lol (Japan be willing lol)
May 9, 2020 10:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Xerx62 said:
Tokoya said:

It's pretty laughable how you don't notice that our problem is not the age difference or age of consent, but the fact that Sesshomaru shouldn't be attracted to someone that he's withnessed growing up from a little (8 year old) child to a teenager I guess.
Inuyasha's mother and his father by all what we know could've met when she was already an adult. What could be a problem there? But the situation with Sesshomaru and Rin is very different.
What does him being privy to her growing up have to do anything lol. You're SOLELY basing this shit over the fact that YOU believe and percieved their relationship to be that of a father-daughter figure when that isnt even the case AT ALL.

She is LITERALLY the only human he has ever cared for and was the catalyst for driving home his character development, just because you chose to see their bond as her being like a daughter to him, that doesnt mean that you can ignore the context behind their relationship to fit this narrative that you desperately want to throw down people's throats
May 9, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2019
Tokoya said:
Xerx62 said:

What does him being privy to her growing up have to do anything lol. You're SOLELY basing this shit over the fact that YOU believe and percieved their relationship to be that of a father-daughter figure when that isnt even the case AT ALL.

She is LITERALLY the only human he has ever cared for and was the catalyst for driving home his character development, just because you chose to see their bond as her being like a daughter to him, that doesnt mean that you can ignore the context behind their relationship to fit this narrative that you desperately want to throw down people's throats

And you? You are basing the shit on the fact you believe they were romantically involved when she was a wholeass child back then. If that's the case him bringing her presents and 'courting' while seeing her grow up is even more gross and disgusting. It basically means he fell for a 8 year old child. But thankfully non of their interactions screamed, 'imma fuck you in the future'.

What else is she? Explain your narrative, what is it that we don't see? Bc so far it's getting worse and all you do is talk HOW OUR NARRATIVE IS WRONG.
lov3lymjMay 9, 2020 11:10 AM
May 9, 2020 11:07 AM

Mar 2014
OMG I can't believe this is actually happening !!! YAAAAYYYYYYY
May 9, 2020 11:50 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa, this is so nice. I loved both Anime of InuYasha. Looking forward to it besides felling a bit strange that the mother of Sesshomaru's daughter could be Rin.

And seeing InuYasha getting a sequel after all these years gives me hope that someday Spice and Wolf will receive a sequel too.
May 9, 2020 11:52 AM

Feb 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
RedDesire said:

Start a cult, this very second! Another Oracle enters the world.

I was really hoping it would happen someday, and it actually did. I mean what were the chances?! Witnessing my far-fetched dreams of a sequel come to real life made it even better seeing this news.
May 9, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2019
BITCH I AM SO FUCKING HERE FOR THIS SHIT GOD DAMN IM SI FUCKING HAPPY IM LIVINGGGGGFGGGGGG MY ALLTIME FAVE ANIME IS GETTING A SEQUEL AND IM SO FUCKING LIVING FOR IT BITCHHHHHHH
May 9, 2020 12:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
lov3lymj said:
Tokoya said:

And you? You are basing the shit on the fact you believe they were romantically involved when she was a wholeass child back then. If that's the case him bringing her presents and 'courting' while seeing her grow up is even more gross and disgusting. It basically means he fell for a 8 year old child. But thankfully non of their interactions screamed, 'imma fuck you in the future'.

What else is she? Explain your narrative, what is it that we don't see? Bc so far it's getting worse and all you do is talk HOW OUR NARRATIVE IS WRONG.
11* And even then, the man more than likely didng try anything until she got a bit older anyway

And wow, look at you projecting your own personal morals, ideals and head canon again, is that all you can say at this point lol?

There's tons evidence to prove you wrong even and yet you're still out here spouting the same political shit xD But then again, when you're agreeing with someone who's argument is literally

"Buying her things, protected her, cared deeply about her and visits her = Shes like a daughter to him"

Then Idek why I'm even bothering responding to you all
TokoyaMay 9, 2020 12:13 PM
May 9, 2020 12:32 PM
Jul 2019
Tokoya said:
lov3lymj said:

11* And even then, the man more than likely didng try anything until she got a bit older anyway

And wow, look at you projecting your own personal morals, ideals and head canon again, is that all you can say at this point lol?

There's tons evidence to prove you wrong even and yet you're still out here spouting the same political shit xD But then again, when you're agreeing with someone who's argument is literally

"Buying her things, protected her, cared deeply about her and visits her = Shes like a daughter to him"

Then Idek why I'm even bothering responding to you all

Bring it, where is the evidence? What's the narative you want us all to agree with? You hear some? I don't, I hear 'YOU'RE WRONG, REALLY REALLY WRONG BOOHOO' but else absolutely nothing. No argument, nothing just a waste of space XD
May 9, 2020 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
lov3lymj said:
Tokoya said:

There is a thing called "Growing to love someone", Sesshômaru protecting and taking care of Rin doesn't mean he loved her when she was 8, it doesn't mean he loved her when she was 11, and it doesn't mean he loved her when she was X years old.
However, he seemingly started to care about Rin the more the time passed, so he could have developed his feelings into love for her, who knows.

There is also a thing called "Getting kids without 'romantically loving' the partner".
We are talking about Sesshômaru, and he's a Demon, so I say it's purely and utterly speculative to claim we know exactly how he's feeled towards Rin. The Mindset of a Demon could something completely... out of this world.

However Rin is a Human girl,
and what do we know about Human Girls?
They have a tendency to develop feelings for older guys.
Especially if they're kind to you, protective and well... Sesshômaru is Sesshômaru, what else do you need?

My speculative guess is that as the years went by and Rin got older, she started to realize what kind of feelings and love she had felt Sesshy.
And Sesshy either being more indifferent in terms of "Romantical Love", just happening to "be there"/ going with the flow when it was time for the act.
Or after being long time in this "long distance relationship" he started to notice that something was missing.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Second Cour Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

18 by Adnash »»
5 hours ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Unveils Main Staff, Summer 2024 Premiere

Vindstot - Mar 11

25 by Juventinoaymen »»
5 hours ago

» 'Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

19 by HloFrndz »»
7 hours ago

» 'High Card' Gets New Episode

DatRandomDude - Mar 25

3 by Memore »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.