Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you want more anime regarding Pirates?
May 4, 2020 3:19 PM

Mar 2020
I did some research before creating the thread and lo and behold there aren't too many pirates anime or even manga. I feel like Oda has completely destroyed people with One Piece. He has not been 100% successful on that front, but for what he does with regards to pirates he does it well and people seem to have gotten a little scarier. They know they can make it work but it's not they'll beat One Piece nor it'll be better than One Piece unless it's goes full Pirates of the Caribbean or something of that sort but that will certainly be hard to accomplish without ripping-off something popular. I don't know, man, I really would want more of this. Don't you too? It will certainly be a fairly fresh air around here if we gotten some. Discuss!
bend_overMay 4, 2020 3:27 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 2020 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
It seems like we have more anime about space pirates than actual pirates
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 4, 2020 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
All I know is that I'm sick of 'space pirates'
May 4, 2020 3:23 PM

Dec 2019
Heh that is true as f man good point, i don't think there will be another pirate theme better than One Piece, would love to see some more of that kind of anime, and yes Oda made them realize they don't stand a chance so most of em said nah fuck it.
                                                         πŸ–€   

May 4, 2020 3:31 PM

Dec 2018
I want an ecchi pirate anime where all the pirates are hot girls. I also recommend the guy who made Valkyrie Drive and Kandagawa Jet Girls as the series director.
May 4, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2019
I realize modern pirates like the Somali pirates around the Horn of Africa and Red Sea that are more often considered terrorists, paramilitary or militia fighters, or mercenaries in current parlance probably are not the ones you had in mind compared to the classic bearded, eye-patch wearing, parrot on shoulder, wooden leg, and/or pointy hat aesthetic in the sense of ones out on the Caribbean sea in the 17th century, real Blackbeard/Edward Teach-types, but this is partially what I found disappointing about the ultimate direction of Black Lagoon. I wanted to see more adventures of modern piracy on the high seas throughout and instead they degenerated into mostly operating as city gangs. I'd like to see more anime unafraid to spend most of their duration on the ocean in general - whether pirate or naval themed or something else.
May 4, 2020 3:34 PM

Mar 2020
RoyaleMiko said:
I want an ecchi pirate anime where all the pirates are hot girls. I also recommend the guy who made Valkyrie Drive and Kandagawa Jet Girls as the series director.
Only if the cast is girls-only. If there's a weak-ass-motherfucker-virgin in there we RIOT.
May 4, 2020 3:37 PM

Mar 2020
-EnvyV2- said:
Heh that is true as f man good point, i don't think there will be another pirate theme better than One Piece, would love to see some more of that kind of anime, and yes Oda made them realize they don't stand a chance so most of em said nah fuck it.
Still hoping to see a two-chapter naval fight in there. We still haven't gotten one.

ODA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? URGH!!!!!!
May 4, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2020
Theo1899 said:
ickx said:
Oddly, one of the most overrated anime is about space-pirates. You know the one...
May 4, 2020 3:40 PM

Oct 2018
Space Pirates. It's kinda been done a lot, but I've always enjoyed that spin.
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–€
β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„
β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ
May 4, 2020 3:44 PM

Oct 2018
Or how about interdimensional time pirates. Could even have each world arc be done by different animators, to really get that feel like you're in a whole nother reality. But keep the traveling characters by their original design/animators...most of the time.
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–€
β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„
β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ
May 4, 2020 3:47 PM

Nov 2016
Kinda disappointing that there are not more anime about pirates.

But anyone interested can still check out Takarajima, it's a great one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2020 3:48 PM

Mar 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
I realize modern pirates like the Somali pirates around the Horn of Africa and Red Sea that are more often considered terrorists, paramilitary or militia fighters, or mercenaries in current parlance probably are not the ones you had in mind compared to the classic bearded, eye-patch wearing, parrot on shoulder, wooden leg, and/or pointy hat aesthetic in the sense of ones out on the Caribbean sea in the 17th century, real Blackbeard/Edward Teach-types, but this is partially what I found disappointing about the ultimate direction of Black Lagoon. I wanted to see more adventures of modern piracy on the high seas throughout and instead they degenerated into mostly operating as city gangs. I'd like to see more anime unafraid to spend most of their duration on the ocean in general - whether pirate or naval themed or something else.
Now that I think about that, yeah, they could have actually expand on that a bit more and had given more pirate stuff instead we got the usual gang-war, which all-in-all is not bad but it's very common in these two mediums and we pretty much have seen everything we ever wanted to. I'd want anything similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, really. I want fucking blackbeard going full berserk on random towns, I want him to kill everyone who doesn't obey to him I want blood at everywhere and realism to it. I don't want fucking space-pirates when logic doesn't exist and everything seem to be happening forcely. That's not how it works. Where are the ruthless pirates we all know and love? Where?
May 4, 2020 4:03 PM

Jun 2019
ifuck said:
Now that I think about that, yeah, they could have actually expand on that a bit more and had given more pirate stuff instead we got the usual gang-war, which all-in-all is not bad but it's very common in these two mediums and we pretty much have seen everything we ever wanted to. I'd want anything similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, really. I want fucking blackbeard going full berserk on random towns, I want him to kill everyone who doesn't obey to him I want blood at everywhere and realism to it. I don't want fucking space-pirates when logic doesn't exist and everything seem to be happening forcely. That's not how it works. Where are the ruthless pirates we all know and love? Where?

I haven't seen Vinland Saga yet and obviously that is with seafarers of a different sort, the Vikings, but from everything I've heard about it something like that combined with something like Berserk in sword action and a realistic and gritty, bloody feel is maybe what you're looking for. They could make a pirate epic to challenge all the epics out there, but I guess it needs the pre-existing manga as source material out there first to base it on, unless some visionary comes up with an anime original.
May 4, 2020 4:17 PM

Oct 2017
which is sad because one piece is shit
btw there's a good anime adaptation of treasure island called takarajima but it's super old

May 4, 2020 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
WatchTillTandava said:

Black Lagoon actually describes a lot more what pirates are today than anything.
I didn't like Revy too much tho, but I need to rewatch it and theoretically I would like more of these series.
May 4, 2020 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
I personally don’t really find it interesting at all, but more variety is always a good thing, so yes.
May 4, 2020 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
Caribbean style pirates: meh. Fantasy-world pirates: yes please. Old school JRPGs is what got me interested in anime to begin with so I'm always down for stuff that hearkens back to those days.
May 4, 2020 5:06 PM

Dec 2016
One Piece is the sole reason nobody wants to do more pirates-themed stories. Every single attempt would be immediately subjected to the "let's see if it's as good as One Piece" test, and since One Piece in Japan is almost a local patron saint, chances of it to succeed are almost minimal. So the risks of failing, are large.

A shame, because the length of One Piece is at this point such that it has become almost an unwatchable show for newcomers.
May 4, 2020 5:36 PM

Jun 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
Black Lagoon actually describes a lot more what pirates are today than anything.

It's possibly the case, but to me when most of it's on land it becomes not so much a pirate anime or pirate story as much as a general crime drama with organized crime - Italian mafia, Russian mob, Latin American cartels, Triads, Yakuza, etc. It's not that this is necessarily bad by any means, but it's more typical and you can see it in a lot of other places. I want an anime that spends a good 80%+ of its time at least on the ocean.
May 4, 2020 5:40 PM
Nov 2016
I don’t mind but I doubt the anime industry can make a good pirate show
May 4, 2020 6:18 PM

May 2018
As a One Piece fan,I agree we need more realistic portrayal of pirates in anime. Pirates has been glorified in One Piece and western movies like Pirates of the Caribbean but in reality,pirates are robbers in sea.
May 4, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2014
ickx said:

What was that?

May 4, 2020 6:29 PM
Nov 2016
ifuck said:
-EnvyV2- said:
Still hoping to see a two-chapter naval fight in there. We still haven't gotten one.

ODA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? URGH!!!!!!
he already talked about how he can’t do that since there’s characters stronger than ships and canons on board
May 4, 2020 6:31 PM

Feb 2018
We could have another if the Okeanos arc in FGO gets animated.
May 4, 2020 6:34 PM

May 2009
Someone go make a Shantae anime already.

Or a Flying Red Barrel anime. After all..."Ain't no law against pirates flying in the sky." - Capt. Tequila
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 4, 2020 6:35 PM

Jul 2019
ifuck said:
Theo1899 said:
ickx said:
Oddly, one of the most overrated anime is about space-pirates. You know the one...

I'm curious to know which one you're talking about.
May 4, 2020 7:40 PM
α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…β˜…Κ€α΄‡α΄€α΄˜α΄‡Κ€

Dec 2018
Honestly surprised no one made a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things show with a pirate theme yet. Or that none of the NEETs getting isekai'd were ever pirates.

Jokes aside, sure we could use more of the pirate animes.
May 4, 2020 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
Caribbean style pirates, something like Black Sails, would be nice. I never really thought about it, but after watching vinland saga, i think it could be interesting if done in a similar vibe.
May 4, 2020 8:03 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah I'm down for some pirates. Maybe some gay pirates perchance? Spending long, lonely nights out on the sea with nothing but your crew mates... Damn that'd be good.
May 4, 2020 8:16 PM

Oct 2018
I've seen a bunch of pirated animeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. No but seriously it is really weird how many anime their are about space pirates but the only traditional pirate anime I can think of is One Piece.
Adimus_primeMay 4, 2020 10:54 PM
May 4, 2020 9:29 PM

Oct 2019
I wouldn't mind if a more Caribbean pirate anime came about. I just would like at least one not to try and shove comedy down people's throats.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

May 4, 2020 9:45 PM
Jul 2019
Now that you've said it, I really want to see one. Not those pirates with powers like One Piece but actual pirates who uses guns and swords, pillage and go on voyages, like Pirates of the Caribbean.
May 4, 2020 11:16 PM

Sep 2019
I'm with you guys there.
I'd like it if anime did more with a pirate theme, and of course, that it isn't One Piece. Something based within The Golden Age of Piracy... although, to be honest? I'd take a literal anime adaption of Treasure Island or Black Sails (which I need to finish).

I also feel that it could easily handle the tone/style of a show similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, with all that zany wackiness. You know that scene in 5, where they literally steal a vault? I think an anime could do it better... well, at least better than a literally drunk Depp.

So it could be serious or crazy, but either way, I'd like some.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

May 4, 2020 11:20 PM

Mar 2010
I already have about 900 hundred episodes on pirates from One Piece so pirate theme anime are not really something I am waiting for but it's cool if there is more
May 4, 2020 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Takarajima is probably the best classic pirate anime you'll find and the only one
The irony is that there is also only one classic western anime made in the early 70s,few years after the spaghetti western boom: wild west boy isamu, based on a manga, dubbed into Italian (no surprise there)

May 5, 2020 1:14 AM

Jul 2016
Stardew said:
I already have about 900 hundred episodes on pirates from One Piece so pirate theme anime are not really something I am waiting for but it's cool if there is more

Same,I'm fine with One piece so it's not something I want more of.
May 5, 2020 6:30 AM

Jan 2010
YES PLEASE.

I want pirate adventure anime with bishies in it :3
May 5, 2020 6:34 AM

Apr 2020
CrimsonMidnight said:
YES PLEASE.

Or, Hear me out, what about bara bois.
May 5, 2020 6:48 AM
Jan 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Does Black Lagoon count as a pirate anime? It's actually the only anime I can think of if we don't talk about space pirates.

i was going to say this too , but with Modern pirates in it
May 5, 2020 7:19 AM

Jan 2010
Salty-GB said:
CrimsonMidnight said:
YES PLEASE.

I love bara bois but make sure there is some pretty boys too in the mix :3
May 5, 2020 7:24 AM

Apr 2020
CrimsonMidnight said:
Salty-GB said:

I love bara bois but make sure there is some pretty boys too in the mix :3

I am willing to accept that compromise
May 5, 2020 7:24 AM

Mar 2019
I'd binge the fuck out of something like Pirates of the Carribean in anime, a cocky funny MC, a loveable side crew, Gintama on a pirate ship basically.
May 5, 2020 7:30 AM

Oct 2010
Wait, the strawhats are pirates? I thought they were merceneries engaging in war against the world government, their goal being to save all the islands and eat all the food.
Vinland Saga was great, and yes, I would love pirate anime
May 5, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2016
Fario-P said:
Honestly surprised no one made a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things show with a pirate theme yet. Or that none of the NEETs getting isekai'd were ever pirates.

Jokes? I would be so down for a cute girls pirate anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2020 7:57 AM
α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…β˜…Κ€α΄‡α΄€α΄˜α΄‡Κ€

Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Fario-P said:

Jokes? I would be so down for a cute girls pirate anime.

Oh I was just saying that cuz it seems there's a CGDCT show for nearly anything lolol, but yeah if it actually happened I might actually check it out too.
May 5, 2020 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Murau said:
ickx said:

What was that?

Damn I forgot that I wanted to watch this show, thanks for punching sense into me
May 5, 2020 11:59 PM

Oct 2019
Well, i'm a big One Piece fan and I don't think there will ever be a pirate anime or manga that surpasses One Piece, but why not? I'm not particuarly interested, but i'm not opposed to it. So I would say, yes.
May 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Mar 2016
ickx said:
Murau said:

What was that?

Damn I forgot that I wanted to watch this show, thanks for punching sense into me

What's up with people in space, punching each other in the face?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 3 hours ago

20 by cyandaqil »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 3 hours ago

21 by BilboBaggins365 »»
10 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

175 by NightVampire »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

82 by BilboBaggins365 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

14 by Tirinchas »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.