Forum Settings
Forums
Weathering With You
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 16, 2020 12:46 PM
Mar 2017
I've read a few discussions on forums and people seem to dislike the movie quite a lot. I dont understand why, for me this and Kimi no Na wa is literally the 2 best movies I've ever seen.
Maybe this has something to do with me not viewing it from a critical point of view but rather immerse myself into it. For example we don't know where Hina's father is, but it isn't important, because the point is he's not here, accept it. Or at least I watch movies this way.
Mar 21, 2020 5:28 PM

Oct 2019
There's not much to understand here. For me and you, the experience we had was good enough. For some others out there, they would've liked to see some things done differently. It's fortunate for us that we were able to immerse ourselves into the movie and enjoy it, but let's also try to accept the fact that it's just not possible for everyone else to do the same. There are many other movies and TV Shows that I certainly didn't enjoy as much as other people because I couldn't immerse myself into them.
Mar 21, 2020 5:40 PM

Dec 2018
You can’t be wrong on a subjective opinion. Nor are you alone, this is my favourite anime movie.
Mar 22, 2020 4:25 AM

Jan 2016
As already mentioned, what you like is subjective so you can't be in the wrong.

I personally might've even liked it even more than Your name because its strengths are things I appreciate more
Mar 26, 2020 11:44 AM
Dec 2018
exactly my
FireFistYK said:
As already mentioned, what you like is subjective so you can't be in the wrong.

I personally might've even liked it even more than Your name because its strengths are things I appreciate more
feelings
Apr 1, 2020 1:56 AM

Sep 2017
Hey guys , where can I watch the english sub version of Tenki no Ko ? I wanna watch it so badly but I can't find it anywhere :/
yikes
Apr 1, 2020 2:26 AM

Dec 2018
ItachiDxD said:
Hey guys , where can I watch the english sub version of Tenki no Ko ? I wanna watch it so badly but I can't find it anywhere :/
I don’t think there are DVDs yet so the only English sub videos would be phone recordings of the theatre.
Apr 1, 2020 2:39 AM

Jul 2012
ItachiDxD said:
May 27th, 2020

BD release date :)
Apr 1, 2020 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
Mayuka said:
ItachiDxD said:
May 27th, 2020

Alright thanks I guess everyone else who saw it went to the theatres then ! I'll wait for May 27th :)
yikes
Apr 1, 2020 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
ItachiDxD said:
Mayuka said:
May 27th, 2020

Alright thanks I guess everyone else who saw it went to the theatres then ! I'll wait for May 27th :)
Yep, since it was in North American theaters with English subs!
May 1, 2020 3:40 AM

Aug 2017
Hrusi said:
I've read a few discussions on forums and people seem to dislike the movie quite a lot. I dont understand why, for me this and Kimi no Na wa is literally the 2 best movies I've ever seen.
Maybe this has something to do with me not viewing it from a critical point of view but rather immerse myself into it. For example we don't know where Hina's father is, but it isn't important, because the point is he's not here, accept it. Or at least I watch movies this way.

Yep you're wrong here. Lol you can love it if you want

I thought it was just ok. Would've liked more fanservice from the girls in the movie. Maybe some steamy scenes too.
May 7, 2020 9:38 PM
Apr 2016
The movie was really good, but they could have given a better ending....
May 9, 2020 5:20 PM
Oct 2018
TrumpMD said:
Hrusi said:

Yep you're wrong here. Lol you can love it if you want

I thought it was just ok. Would've liked more fanservice from the girls in the movie. Maybe some steamy scenes too.

What the... your head is just full of shit. Who cares about fanservice. The story is superb!!!
May 10, 2020 12:29 AM
Sep 2015
I loved it too!!!!!
May 13, 2020 1:10 AM
May 2020
I really liked the move too. I also tried writing a review for it. Can you guys give me your thoughts on how I can make these reviews better?
https://theartsyspace.blogspot.com/2020/05/is-weathering-with-youjapanesetenki-no.html?m=1
May 13, 2020 6:26 PM
Nov 2016
RedHawk1010 said:
Hrusi said:

No you aren't wrong. People who hated the movie just hated it for the sake of hating it.
no there are many reviews out there for not liking the movie. Look most likely if you liked the movie you either only watched little anime movies or the only ones you have watched are makoto shinkai movies
May 14, 2020 2:52 PM

Oct 2019
magzimagz said:
RedHawk1010 said:

No you aren't wrong. People who hated the movie just hated it for the sake of hating it.
no there are many reviews out there for not liking the movie. Look most likely if you liked the movie you either only watched little anime movies or the only ones you have watched are makoto shinkai movies

Istg what's with you kids on this website. No of course people don't just hate it for the sake of hating it. I'm sure they have justifiable reasons for hating the movie.

But then there's you who's trying to imply that the likeliest reason for liking the movie is to do with people not watching many anime movies. Kinda frustrating to see this "I know exactly how people think and why people like or dislike something hahahahahaha" attitude. From both sides.
May 14, 2020 3:09 PM
Nov 2016
apollojeez said:
magzimagz said:

Istg what's with you kids on this website. No of course people don't just hate it for the sake of hating it. I'm sure they have justifiable reasons for hating the movie.

But then there's you who's trying to imply that the likeliest reason for liking the movie is to do with people not watching many anime movies. Kinda frustrating to see this "I know exactly how people think and why people like or dislike something hahahahahaha" attitude. From both sides.
lol the less movies you watch or the less of the media you have watched, the tastes are different. I'm not saying your opinion of the movie is wrong or should be changed because that's yours to keep but from what I've seen in my PERSONAL experience is that people who like this movie haven't watched a lot in terms of anime films
May 14, 2020 4:51 PM

Oct 2019
magzimagz said:
apollojeez said:

lol the less movies you watch or the less of the media you have watched, the tastes are different. I'm not saying your opinion of the movie is wrong or should be changed because that's yours to keep but from what I've seen in my PERSONAL experience is that people who like this movie haven't watched a lot in terms of anime films

That sounds fair but you didn't phrase your earlier response as just a personal experience. You literally used your personal experience to imply that the most likely reason for that individual liking the movie is to do with them not watching many anime movies or only watching shinkai movies. It's not your place at all to make that statement unless you either A) gathered enough data to back up your claims (which I don't expect anyone to do), or B) can provide a convincing reason as to why watching less anime films and liking this movie are linked (which I highly doubt exists).

I'm not trying to defend this movie or anything. If you hate it that's fine. I just want people to treat their personal opinions as what they are instead of making up statements based on them that they can't exactly justify. If that wasn't your intention then cool but the way you phrased your earlier response really indicates otherwise.
May 14, 2020 5:18 PM
Nov 2016
apollojeez said:
magzimagz said:

That sounds fair but you didn't phrase your earlier response as just a personal experience. You literally used your personal experience to imply that the most likely reason for that individual liking the movie is to do with them not watching many anime movies or only watching shinkai movies. It's not your place at all to make that statement unless you either A) gathered enough data to back up your claims (which I don't expect anyone to do), or B) can provide a convincing reason as to why watching less anime films and liking this movie are linked (which I highly doubt exists).

I'm not trying to defend this movie or anything. If you hate it that's fine. I just want people to treat their personal opinions as what they are instead of making up statements based on them that they can't exactly justify. If that wasn't your intention then cool but the way you phrased your earlier response really indicates otherwise.
hey man I take part blame for not being able to express myself properly, but yea agreed
May 14, 2020 5:24 PM

Oct 2019
magzimagz said:
apollojeez said:

hey man I take part blame for not being able to express myself properly, but yea agreed

Haha this ended better than I expected. Alright have a nice day, sir o/
Jul 26, 2020 5:23 AM

Oct 2018
it was great movie, but I think they could have chose different voice actors.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 24, 2021 11:25 AM
Nov 2020
no you are not wrong.. those people who complaining probably only spaming meme because they thought that is the most popular opinion..
lets bet with me all those people who watch this movie will watch again the same movie from the same director..
complaining is not paying..complaining or praising the movie they would still end up watching it free
what most important is acceptance from community because they are lonely.. we all should know better most anime watcher is lonely weebs
Feb 6, 2021 9:29 AM
Jan 2021
I personally think this is better than your name and this is my all time favorite movie. But let me tell you something, if your name is monalisa (I am sure you know it, if not it's a painting by leonardo da Vinci) and weathering with you is like the scream (you probably don't know it, it's a painting by edward munch). Even if the scream(weathering with you) is better than monalisa (your name). People will just choose monalisa (your name) because it's just more popular.
Feb 28, 2021 2:41 PM
Jan 2020
hey
apollojeez said:
magzimagz said:

Haha this ended better than I expected. Alright have a nice day, sir o/
nice nice nice
Mar 4, 2021 12:42 AM
Oct 2019
Same .. my two fav movies your name and weathering with you. Such beautiful animation and theme songs and that's enough for me
Jul 9, 2021 4:22 AM
Apr 2021
You‘re not wrong at all. I really loved it. It was simple but amazing too. It wasn’t worse than „Kimi no Na wa“. In fact I liked it even more somehow.
Oct 10, 2021 9:11 AM

Sep 2019
One of tge things people use to critique this movie is Shinkai s previous movie Kimi no nawa, I would say Tenki no ko it's a better movie than kimi no nawa overall tho, here the romance and characters seem a lot more fleshed out and justified too, at least on my eyes this is better.

Now the movie itself, i don't think it is a mumble jumbo of random events and a shitty ending like some describe, or that the backstories of the characters don't make sense either, yes of course it has movie magic in which protagonist gets away from gangsters and tge police as if they where stupid or something, but still, it was a blast to watch and a beautiful blast at that.

I hope the director doesn't make this a formula of his to make movies tho, i see this as an overall improvement over your name, but idk if i want to watch the same formula of a movie again tho. Still pretty darn good movie.
Oct 10, 2021 9:11 AM

Sep 2019
One of tge things people use to critique this movie is Shinkai s previous movie Kimi no nawa, I would say Tenki no ko it's a better movie than kimi no nawa overall tho, here the romance and characters seem a lot more fleshed out and justified too, at least on my eyes this is better.

Now the movie itself, i don't think it is a mumble jumbo of random events and a shitty ending like some describe, or that the backstories of the characters don't make sense either, yes of course it has movie magic in which protagonist gets away from gangsters and tge police as if they where stupid or something, but still, it was a blast to watch and a beautiful blast at that.

I hope the director doesn't make this a formula of his to make movies tho, i see this as an overall improvement over your name, but idk if i want to watch the same formula of a movie again tho. Still pretty darn good movie.
Dec 9, 2021 10:22 AM
Dec 2017
you can like whatever you wanna like.

Dec 15, 2021 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
The ending was atrocious (not talking about romance stuff). Same can be said about characters. There's too much "don't ask how this and that happened". "Your name" at least tried to explain how and why certain things happened.

You're free to like the show the same way I'm free to dislike it OP :)
Oct 3, 2023 1:41 AM
Jul 2019
I think many people who does not like it does not really get it. I saw a review that listed a few things as negative and I will try to give my opinion on those because it is so misunderstood in my opinion.

1) Hina and Hodaka never tell each other "I love you." -- Can't a simple friendship between two literal children exist without romantic love being involved? Yes, Hodaka seems to like her a bit more than that but he is 16, he is just finding himself and does not want to lose his only friend(s) for some dumb reason.

2) Hodaka starts as loving rain and it changes. -- I love rain, those people were living my dream with that eternal rain. But I also understand the importance of sunlight, and seeing everyone around him longing for sun and his best friend / the girl he loves being a sunshine girl, his feelings about it may change but that does not mean he is hypocritical for changing his view on something after some developments.

3) When another girl confesses, he gets flustered even though he loves Hina. -- He is a child, the thought of confession was probably a boost to his self-confidence and made him think "Someone from my class likes me without spending time with me, that means I have a chance with the girl I spent so much time with"

4) He ran away and considers it hell but went back like nothing happened -- He ran away because he was probably physically (scars on face) and emotionally (feeling like suffocating) abused. He was on probation for those years and I am sure he shared with the police what his family has done. I am assuming his family was probably under watch, too so they could not abuse him like that. And he got away as soon as he graduated, meaning he knew things would go back to the way they were, if he stayed.

5) Burger scene for no reason -- A lot of things has a lot of scenes for no reason. This scene in particular actually was a big moment for Hodaka, because someone showed genuine care for him, someone close to his age. Plus, why does everything has to have a deep meaning behind it other than being visually pleasing and soothing?

6) Gun for no reason -- He randomly found it, it could happen to anyone who was homeless. Pointless to look for a reason behind it, just a coincidence that made things harder for him. Also, it was a tool to show the legnths he would go for something precious to him.

7) Hina runs out of the hospital room for no reason. -- She was wishing for sunlight so bad after an endless rain that the sight of that sun at the moment was a miracle for her. Maybe she thought, if she could reach it, her mom will also be okay. Maybe it was a sign of hope for her and she wanted to reach it so bad. She was 15, with her dying mother in hospital, living alone with a little brother trying to survive. She was not thinking right. When I see rain after a very long time of sunny days, I run outside without a reason, too.

8) Lastly, the point where Hodaka chooses to save Hina. It is selfish. -- No. What is selfish is expecting a little girl to sacrifice herself for people who would not even care about her. Why should he have to choose some random people over someone he knows and cares about? If the people really hated rain so much, they can move to somewhere else. Nothing keeps them chained to Tokyo. It is not Hina's fault that the weather is like that. They should take it up to God, if they think it is unfair. Not expect a child to kill herself because she was just unlucky to be the Sunshine Girl.

A lot of things were not explained maybe, but that what human brain and imagination is for. To fill in the blanks. The author probably wanted the readers / watchers to involve themselves and add to the story. Or maybe not, I don't know. Not everyone has to like the same things. But I felt like this movie was a bit misunderstood and always had to be compared to some other movie (Kimi no Na Wa mostly, I did not watch it yet).
Oct 21, 2023 8:23 AM
Apr 2021
Jeheia said:
I think many people who does not like it does not really get it. I saw a review that listed a few things as negative and I will try to give my opinion on those because it is so misunderstood in my opinion.

1) Hina and Hodaka never tell each other "I love you." -- Can't a simple friendship between two literal children exist without romantic love being involved? Yes, Hodaka seems to like her a bit more than that but he is 16, he is just finding himself and does not want to lose his only friend(s) for some dumb reason.

2) Hodaka starts as loving rain and it changes. -- I love rain, those people were living my dream with that eternal rain. But I also understand the importance of sunlight, and seeing everyone around him longing for sun and his best friend / the girl he loves being a sunshine girl, his feelings about it may change but that does not mean he is hypocritical for changing his view on something after some developments.

3) When another girl confesses, he gets flustered even though he loves Hina. -- He is a child, the thought of confession was probably a boost to his self-confidence and made him think "Someone from my class likes me without spending time with me, that means I have a chance with the girl I spent so much time with"

4) He ran away and considers it hell but went back like nothing happened -- He ran away because he was probably physically (scars on face) and emotionally (feeling like suffocating) abused. He was on probation for those years and I am sure he shared with the police what his family has done. I am assuming his family was probably under watch, too so they could not abuse him like that. And he got away as soon as he graduated, meaning he knew things would go back to the way they were, if he stayed.

5) Burger scene for no reason -- A lot of things has a lot of scenes for no reason. This scene in particular actually was a big moment for Hodaka, because someone showed genuine care for him, someone close to his age. Plus, why does everything has to have a deep meaning behind it other than being visually pleasing and soothing?

6) Gun for no reason -- He randomly found it, it could happen to anyone who was homeless. Pointless to look for a reason behind it, just a coincidence that made things harder for him. Also, it was a tool to show the legnths he would go for something precious to him.

7) Hina runs out of the hospital room for no reason. -- She was wishing for sunlight so bad after an endless rain that the sight of that sun at the moment was a miracle for her. Maybe she thought, if she could reach it, her mom will also be okay. Maybe it was a sign of hope for her and she wanted to reach it so bad. She was 15, with her dying mother in hospital, living alone with a little brother trying to survive. She was not thinking right. When I see rain after a very long time of sunny days, I run outside without a reason, too.

8) Lastly, the point where Hodaka chooses to save Hina. It is selfish. -- No. What is selfish is expecting a little girl to sacrifice herself for people who would not even care about her. Why should he have to choose some random people over someone he knows and cares about? If the people really hated rain so much, they can move to somewhere else. Nothing keeps them chained to Tokyo. It is not Hina's fault that the weather is like that. They should take it up to God, if they think it is unfair. Not expect a child to kill herself because she was just unlucky to be the Sunshine Girl.

A lot of things were not explained maybe, but that what human brain and imagination is for. To fill in the blanks. The author probably wanted the readers / watchers to involve themselves and add to the story. Or maybe not, I don't know. Not everyone has to like the same things. But I felt like this movie was a bit misunderstood and always had to be compared to some other movie (Kimi no Na Wa mostly, I did not watch it yet).

Agree with a lot of the points. People hate what they can’t understand, and of course trying to explain every minuscule detail for some people isn’t exactly all that possible in an hour and a half… sad really

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenki no Ko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Jul 18, 2019

383 by Myetx »»
Mar 9, 3:16 AM

» kimi no na wa and tenki no ko is connected ?!

nanatshi - May 28, 2020

12 by elGatoGordo06 »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:45 PM

» Everything wrong with Tenki no Ko

Atsunome - Mar 17, 2023

26 by Steph »»
Mar 18, 2023 5:22 AM

» What did you guys think of weathering with you?

cauthecow793 - Sep 9, 2020

19 by Atsunome »»
Mar 13, 2023 5:50 PM

» Did anyone spotted Yotsuha Miyamizu (Mitsuha's little sister)????

IvenDOCson - Jun 17, 2021

5 by Dutch_Chief »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.