Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this escalated quickly but the fight itself didn't last too long. Erena managed to get the situation under control.

The Alien guy is kinda interesting as even Claire seeks for his help. I think he is one of the most mysterious characters introduced so far. Alien is definitely someone to keep an eye on with his knowledge about the monsters.
Apr 26, 2020 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
"You'll never die cause I'll protect you."
Where does this confidence come from after such a complete defeat?
Going to the next battle without new countermeasure is almost suicidal.
But there is no other option to roll the story forward and amuse us. :)
Apr 26, 2020 9:50 AM

Feb 2020
Great stuff, a lot of new things really making it interesting now and looks like suuichi is turning into the type of MC we want to see and Clair is a tamed beast just need a little box in the corner for clairs booty cam at this point and we all set.
Anyone know how long it was between them finding out he’s an alien and them going into the mountains? Cause they said he matured had to be a little while

Apr 26, 2020 9:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Getting some strong Parasyte vibes from this episode, damn! Shuichi nearly crushing the bully's arm, the glasses disappearing and the involvement of "aliens". Looking back at the previous two episodes, and more similarities come to mind.

Claire's sister killing her parents because they were a tad to the aggressive side (at worst) definitely gave me the creeps there. I was surprised she just left after the phone call though but I suppose it was to bring back Shuichi after all.

And finally that alien. Quite the insane backstory, I must say. I feel like I've seen a few of them of the sort before but I'm certainly curious on the "true" picture nonetheless. Taking over Claire's form and finishing up the story like that plus those poses was quite something too, lol.

Claire showing a lot of emotion this episode to Shuichi. I suppose the Question lies on how genuine those are however.

Soundtracks this episode was a real treat too, imo.

Looks like we'll be getting an opponent next episode, judging by the episode title. Oh, I'm curious to see how that'll play out.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 26, 2020 10:00 AM

Dec 2019
"That's a pointless question, you don't get to choose who you are. If you can't find anything at all to like about yourself, you should just die" Interesting idea to believe Claire.

This episode we learn more about the coins and meet a new character Allien who has a mysterious vibe to them, and we get a concept of how he started this Competition by collecting the coins and why people would desire them. Claire was showing a lot of emotion in this episode to Shuichi which is always nice since now we know she just isn't using him.
DreamxerApr 26, 2020 10:03 AM

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Apr 26, 2020 10:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great I can't wait to see more action, next episode is gonna be good
Apr 26, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
Wow that was fast, we already know what the purpose of the coins are. That alien was pretty amusing lol. Pretty calm episode but the fanservice was lit again so this was still good.

Well seems like a battle royal is about to start so hoping for some more brutal episodes.
_MushiRock11_ said:
Getting some strong Parasyte vibes from this episode, damn! Shuichi nearly crushing the bully's arm, the glasses disappearing and the involvement of "aliens". Looking back at the previous two episodes, and more similarities come to mind.

Yep same here. Also Mifune is giving me strong Kana vibes. I hope nothing bad happens to her.
Apr 26, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, I was told the next one will be great, I look forward to it
Apr 26, 2020 10:08 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, that was good. So much info made things look a little more interesting. So the person who collects the 100 coins can make any wish they want. Then we'll be getting new enemies and new comrades. If they are going for a coin hunt, then thats something I'd really be looking forward to.

That interaction with alien is really fun. Lol, he fucking turned into clair and groping those boobs. And shuichi really got used to looking clair naked. But that fight at the beginning with elena was really quick and not exactly satisfied with it.

I'd give 3/5
NeonDeviluke09Apr 26, 2020 10:16 AM
Apr 26, 2020 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Another Sunday means more Gleipnir, last week left me hungry for more, let’s goo.

Something still doesn’t feel right with Clair’s sister in terms of her killing the parents. Feels like an itachi type situation, but we’ll see

Aw Clair was actually willing to kill herself :/

Aliens? Well that took a major twist, wasn’t expecting that at all

If he’s able to shape shift like that, it could explain the Clair sister situation

His entire premise doesn’t make any sense really. Having humans look for your friends because it’s not your expertise? (X) doubt

And then having them fight each other over the coins? Extra doubt.

Great episode, the entire tone of the series shifted with the reveal of aliens being behind the scenes. Most likely it’s some type of experiment with bored aliens wanting to try something out on cosmic ants aka humans. Gleipnir continues to be one of my faves of the season and definitely think it’s pretty underrated on sites like MAL. Ticks all the boxes for me though, fanservice, action, mystery etc
Apr 26, 2020 10:28 AM

Nov 2014
It's getting interesting. This whole alien reveal feels a bit too fast tho - mystery behind everything was good part and I'm afraid we will go into some action/drama focus now. Hpefully I'm wrong and some twists happen.
Apr 26, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
finally, the introduction ends, next episode the real story start
Apr 26, 2020 10:33 AM

Jan 2011
Yukikaze_sama said:
It's getting interesting. This whole alien reveal feels a bit too fast tho - mystery behind everything was good part and I'm afraid we will go into some action/drama focus now. Hpefully I'm wrong and some twists happen.

actually the alien reveal is nothing compared with what coming next
the real mystery will just start now
Apr 26, 2020 10:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
MegamiRem said:
Yep same here. Also Mifune is giving me strong Kana vibes. I hope nothing bad happens to her.

Ah, now that you mention it. I feel like that awkward conversation in the end might've just sealed her demise (but I'll be hoping for otherwise of course).

Apr 26, 2020 10:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I liked the idea that mc kun was literally so spineless that he had to make himself a shell that someone could occupy to get him to act. But the second half of the episode seems to point to him getting a spine and some edge to him.

Aliens. I cannot help thinking of the aliens meme, lol.

Mifune rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I'm pretty certain she'll end up getting a coin at one point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Do you like manga, anime?! - you don't ask =/
Apr 26, 2020 10:57 AM

May 2018
Either that alien has something sinister in mind or he's just a being having fun with human lives.
Apr 26, 2020 10:57 AM

May 2018
Either that alien has something sinister in mind or he's just a being having fun with human lives.
Apr 26, 2020 11:04 AM

Dec 2019
Great episode,The alien guy seems very intriguing and he's defnitely gonna play an interesting role in the story.

But honestly I expected more from that initial fight, it felt too fast in my opinion. Also, that shift of personality of the mc felt very sudden.

Now it seems like we'll get to the real story, really looking forward to it!
Apr 26, 2020 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
We got more exposition in this episode and more character development in general for Clair so this was definitely a key episode to a degree for this show.

The alien stuff in Gleipnir is so bullshit for me and just makes the whole point and background of the show to be more stupid, but atleast I liked Clair a bit more this episode, along with the MC. It's like some very bad aspects were mixed with some very good aspects too.

So I'll just say its a mixed bag episode for a mixed bag show so far.
Apr 26, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. Female Itachi is crazy.

Apr 26, 2020 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
ok ngl I'm actually kinda starting to like the main duo, hated both at first but they're actually starting to grow on me so props there. Hopefully Shuuichi sticks similar to what he was in the latter half of the ep cause that was much better than how he was before.

and I'm sorry but I can never take a psycho HanaKana character seriously anymore because of how aloof she is irl :P

_MushiRock11_ said:

I was actually thinking about Mirai Nikki with Shuuichi's sudden transformation but now that you mention it, it does seem more like Parasyte
Apr 26, 2020 11:25 AM
Feb 2020
Interesting episode. Could it be that Claire might be a bit insecure about her freckles? In Episode 3 she looked at her reflection in the refrigerator of the convinience store and touched her face (more specifically her freckles). In this episode, the alien transformed into Claire while talking about "the prospect of becoming the person you always wanted to be". The version of Claire he transformed into interestingly didn't have freckles...
Apr 26, 2020 11:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Short_Circut said:
I was actually thinking about Mirai Nikki with Shuuichi's sudden transformation but now that you mention it, it does seem more like Parasyte

Oddly enough, I’d been thinking this was like Mirai Nikki all along until this episode. Op gives off that stellar Mirai Nikki-like feeling and the early battle royale set-up, in particular.

Apr 26, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Claire and Elena's parents were far from the best, but Elena is so crazy and unstable. God bless Kana Hanazawa.

"He looks a little different, he seems more adult". Yeah, let's just ignore that big, scary scar around his neck lmao.

It was necessary to "translate" manga and anime? lol

I hope Mifune stays safe, but these kinds of characters usually don't have a happy ending. ;_;

I'm really liking Clair so far, and like very week, her fanservice gives me life.

So now we have aliens... great! This show is so weird but so fun, I love it.
Apr 26, 2020 11:38 AM

Mar 2016
Finally, something positive for me to take away from this show. Needed exposition, growing character dynamics/chemistry, intriguing sense of mystery.

I still don't think this show is good at all, but I see where it may turn things around. Doesn't help that I've heard how bad the manga went, though :P
Apr 26, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
This show is getting a lot more interesting now.
So we have aliens now.

I hope nothing bads happens to Mifune.

Apr 26, 2020 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
I'm starting to like clair more, she seemed a bit twisted but she is actually more level headed. Her cure from suicide was going on a adventure~ well this does seem intriguing hmm?

Hmm If the alien is lying then whats in it for them? to many mysteries must keep probing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 26, 2020 11:49 AM
Mar 2015
Glad the sisters have a truce Now we can hunt aliens
Apr 26, 2020 12:11 PM
May 2019
OneofEvil said:
Great stuff, a lot of new things really making it interesting now and looks like suuichi is turning into the type of MC we want to see and Clair is a tamed beast just need a little box in the corner for clairs booty cam at this point and we all set.
Anyone know how long it was between them finding out he’s an alien and them going into the mountains? Cause they said he matured had to be a little while

I think he matured because he is aware of the fact that the planet could be destroyed without him being able to do something about it.
Apr 26, 2020 12:15 PM

Nov 2016
Very intriguing turn of events, I'm totally hooked.

And aside from Parasyte and Mirai Nikki, which were mentioned by others, I got some Inuyashiki vibes at the end :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2020 12:17 PM
Jan 2017
We finally get some answers about the monsters, the coins and the Alien. Trusting the Alien doesn't seem like a good idea, but then again, it's not like Shuuichi and Kurea have any other option. I'm liking how Shuuichi and Kurea's relationship is developing across the show. Both characters are damaged in some way, and they both know, so they stick by each other's side because they can trust no one else with that's happening right now. This isn't a healthy relationship by any means, but they do bring out the best in each other, and hopefully, that will be enough to get them to survive this little adventure. I'm really enjoying this show and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 26, 2020 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
The relationship between Carol and Shuuichi seems really forced and unnatural (mostly talking about Carols sudden affection). She didn't really react to him "dying" and comming back to life (trying to kill herself was like following a contract) or to the fact her sister was into him and then suddenly she runs to hug him out of nowhere . Dunno now. Thought she might be waifu of this season.
Apr 26, 2020 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
Hanazawa's soothing voice, oh my lord I need more!!! So glad she's voicing a few roles this season!

More info about the coins and the "aliens", it's quite interesting! The Alien can turn into any other person by eating DNA from the person they want to transform into! I wonder if this will become an important part for the plot, I wouldn't trust the Alien that quickly, we'll wait and see!

Time for a "treasure hunt", coins and alien ship on the list!
Apr 26, 2020 1:39 PM

Jul 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Short_Circut said:

Oddly enough, I’d been thinking this was like Mirai Nikki all along until this episode. Op gives off that stellar Mirai Nikki-like feeling and the early battle royale set-up, in particular.

yea and especially the psycho girl + weak guy combo especially gave that feel
Apr 26, 2020 1:41 PM

Jun 2017
So the alien became a weaboo, sasuga Japan!

It was nice to see Claire willing to go through with her promise, she grew a lot on me with it. We also got some valuable info that Shuuichi is for the most part kinda immortal in his costume form.

Looks like Mifune will be involved somehow..her flags are not good lol.

So Elena just left but what now...it doesn't look like she wants to fight Claire and how come she was so flipped out then completely ignores Shuuichi anyway.
Apr 26, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
So Vending Machine dude is an alien... I actually didn't see that coming. He's shady af; there is no way he's just harmlessly trading this 'medicine' in exchange for help looking for the coins. There's definitely more to this and it's not gonna end well I reckon.

I'm glad to see some growth in Shuichi's character; I can see him becoming the anti-hero type. He and Claire are definitely going to have a toxic and twisted relationship... all Yuuki and Yuno vibes over here haha
Apr 26, 2020 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:

Claire's sister killing her parents because they were a tad to the aggressive side (at worst) definitely gave me the creeps there. I was surprised she just left after the phone call though but I suppose it was to bring back Shuichi after all.

And finally that alien. Quite the insane backstory, I must say. I feel like I've seen a few of them of the sort before but I'm certainly curious on the "true" picture nonetheless. Taking over Claire's form and finishing up the story like that plus those poses was quite something too, lol.

Claire showing a lot of emotion this episode to Shuichi. I suppose the Question lies on how genuine those are however.

Soundtracks this episode was a real treat too, imo.

Looks like we'll be getting an opponent next episode, judging by the episode title. Oh, I'm curious to see how that'll play out.

and shuiuichi changing after having a scar on his neck, like the scar on Shinichi chest (well but in Gleipnir it feels a little weird and sudden) , also their names are kinda similar lol
Apr 26, 2020 2:46 PM

Mar 2015
Yes! Claire is developing some feelings for Shuichi!

And that alien deserved what he got. ;-)

Now Shuichi seems to be maturing some: at least he seems to be getting more self confident. Good change.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 26, 2020 3:39 PM

Mar 2020
"If you can't find anything at all to like about yourself, you should just die" ight imma head out
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 26, 2020 3:54 PM

Mar 2014
Yanderes are the best thus why, Best girl for me is Claire's sister!

Can't wait to see her more, gladly take her over manipulative and Bitchy Claire anyday.

Her speech ,"If you can't find anything at all to like about yourself, you should just die" to the alien guy was edgy as hell.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 26, 2020 3:59 PM

Nov 2013
From a wimp to a badass in a single episode? Ok?...

One thing that immediately came to my mind was "what is sicko bastards collect those 100 coins?" and MC seems to have come to the same conclusion as well, surprised...

This makes the "good alien" a Kyubey-kind of seemingly neutral, but actually bad bastard who brings only misery in the end. Can't he realize just how much change he'll bring to the world? Not gonna take responsibility if a bastard actually blows up a planet? I'll give it a pass if 100 coin thing is actually a trick.

If not, then so much for an advanced alien life-form lol...
Apr 26, 2020 4:15 PM
Apr 2020
could alien be one of ''our people''? lol
this was a great episode, clair is a nominee for best girl this season for me
and we're starting to see some development from both MC's
Apr 26, 2020 4:18 PM

Dec 2010
Clair's the only reason why I keep watching this...
Apr 26, 2020 4:19 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i definitely gagged when my man ate her hair

ugh XD
Apr 26, 2020 4:40 PM

Aug 2018
We finally meet the alien and learn that Clair is all bare down there. Good to know, I guess.
Apr 26, 2020 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
SkyLETV said:
Claire and Elena's parents were far from the best, but Elena is so crazy and unstable. God bless Kana Hanazawa.

"He looks a little different, he seems more adult". Yeah, let's just ignore that big, scary scar around his neck lmao.

It was necessary to "translate" manga and anime? lol

I hope Mifune stays safe, but these kinds of characters usually don't have a happy ending. ;_;

I'm really liking Clair so far, and like very week, her fanservice gives me life.

So now we have aliens... great! This show is so weird but so fun, I love it.

actually, in the manga, Mifune asked him about the scar around his neck, but seems in the anime they removed the line
they also removed few lines from the alien backstory
dark-chaosApr 26, 2020 5:39 PM
Apr 26, 2020 6:10 PM

Apr 2015
Overall really liked this episode and the overall alien premise sounds interesting, Clair initially seemed annoying to me but now she is turning out to be likeable. Also near the end Shuichi turning into a more Mature person and dropping the wimpy persona reminds me of Parasyte somewhat.Looking forward to next episode.
Apr 26, 2020 6:12 PM
Dec 2019
Ryuseishun said:
Finally, something positive for me to take away from this show. Needed exposition, growing character dynamics/chemistry, intriguing sense of mystery.

I still don't think this show is good at all, but I see where it may turn things around. Doesn't help that I've heard how bad the manga went, though :P

someone was lying to you because the manga just keeps getting better.
Apr 26, 2020 7:10 PM

Jun 2013
For some reason I find the manga more enjoyable. I think because it's less censored and updated but I believe the episodes will get better from here on out because we're going to meet lots of new characters. As attractive as Claire is, I'm fucking tired of just looking at her face. She has an amazing body but her face just irritates me just as much as her personality does. I'm excited to see of the other babes in this series animated, especially a certain
with a hot bod.
臭い-
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.