Forum Settings
Forums

'Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen' Unveils Trailer, New Key Visual, October Opening

New
Apr 10, 2020 7:03 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A special program for the Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Train) anime film on AbemaTV revealed the first trailer and the first key visual (pictured) on Friday. The film will open in theaters in Japan on October 16.

Introduction
While under the care of the Demon Slayer Corps leaders, Shinobu, Tanjirou, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Nezuko have recovered. They have even learned a new and powerful technique—Total Concentration! They'll need this new power and all their skills on their next demon-hunting mission aboard the mysterious Infinity Train as it takes them into the dreams of demons! (Source: VIZ Media, edited)

The film will cover the Mugen Ressha-hen (Infinity Train arc, also known as the Demon Train arc), which spans between volumes seven and eight.

Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Zestiria the Cross) is returning to direct the film at animation studio ufotable. Animator Akira Matsushima (Maria-sama ga Miteru) is also returning as the character designer. Yuki Kajiura (Kara no Kyoukai) and Go Shiina (Dimension W) will once again compose the music. The lead cast members and rest of the production staff from the television anime will reprise their roles. Toho and Aniplex will distribute the film.

The anime series adapts Koyoharu Gotouge's supernatural action manga, which aired in 26 episodes in Spring 2019. Aniplex of America licensed the television anime and streamed it on Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Hulu. Adult Swim's Toonami programming block debuted the show with English dub last October.

Prior to serialization, Gotouge received an honorable mention at the 70th Jump Treasure Newcomer Manga Awards in 2013 for their Kagarigari one-shot, which became the prototype for Kimetsu no Yaiba. The latter began serializing in Weekly Shounen Jump in February 2016. Shueisha published the 19th volume on February 4, with the 20th volume scheduled for a May 13 release. Kimetsu no Yaiba has a cumulative 40 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

Ryouji Hirano (Bozebeats) drew a two-chapter side story subtitled Tomioka Giyuu Gaiden in Weekly Shounen Jump in April 2019. Hirano also serialized a 26-chapter 4-koma spin off titled Kimetsu no Aima! in Shounen Jump+ from April to September last year.

Aya Yajima (Ao no Exorcist light novel) penned two novels under the Jump J Books imprint subtitled Shiawase no Hana (Flower of Happiness) and Kataha no Chou (One-Winged Butterfly) in February and October last year, respectively. The two light novels reached a cumulative circulation of 1.16 million after Shueisha issued a reprint on February 19.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in July 2017 and simulpublishes it with the Japanese release in their new Shounen Jump service. The 11th volume shipped on March 3, with the 12th volume going on sale on May 5. Shueisha's Manga Plus platform also began simulpublishing the manga in English last January.

Kimetsu no Yaiba ranked sixth among male readers in the 2020 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings. The anime series was voted the best television show in the 2019 Newtype Anime Awards and won Animation of the Year in the 2020 Tokyo Anime Awards' television category.

Trailer

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: PR Times
VindstotApr 10, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 10, 2020 7:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, hell yeah! Got psyched just watching that trailer!

Been a week full of disappointments but this has definitely cleared up a lot of that. Now, here's to hoping the COVID-19 virus won't further hinder this.

By the way, is it true that this was originally planned for Summer after all? Just out of curiosity, really.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 10, 2020 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
Trailer looks dope. Looking forward to see the battle against Enmu with ufotable's toptier visuals, since it was meh in the manga.
I'm a bit disappointed they haven't shown a hint of
, but I guess they are going to handle him as a surprise.

Apr 10, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
Good news! I hope I can see this on theaters.

Apr 10, 2020 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
By the way, is it true that this was originally planned for Summer after all? Just out of curiosity, really.

0 confirmation. it has been planned to announced in this event, which sadly got changed because corona. people just jumped on conclusion it summer because the even taken right before it. it might or might not, we will never know.
KumaApr 10, 2020 7:58 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 10, 2020 8:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kuma said:
0 confirmation. it has been planned to announced in this event, which sadly got changed because corona. people just jumped on conclusion it summer because the even taken right before it. it might or might not, we will never know.

Right, it’ll forever remain a mystery now...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 10, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
Friendly reminder that This KnY movie will be direct sequel to Season 1 and it is canon, adapted an arc from manga contents.
Apr 10, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2009
Really hope corona will be over or at least calmed down on october
Apr 10, 2020 8:49 AM
Feb 2019
Mortzzzzzz said:
I hope this isn’t as terrible as the first season substance-wise because apart from the visuals and music, it was garbage.

As a huge fan of the anime and manga, I can understand that a lot of people don't like the first seasons half / two thirds, because it was a lot of build up. This build up made the good episodes really that good. The movie will have a lot of action and plot, so I think you might like it.
Apr 10, 2020 8:50 AM
Feb 2019
Illyricus said:
Trailer looks dope. Looking forward to see the battle against Enmu with ufotable's toptier visuals, since it was meh in the manga.

I mean they didn't reveal ep 19 in the trailers because of plot so why would they do it this time?
Feb 2019
Illyricus said:

I mean they didn't reveal ep 19 in the trailers because of plot so why would they do it this time?
Feb 2019
Illyricus said:

Apr 10, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2019
Countdown to October!!! HAPPY
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Apr 10, 2020 11:10 AM

May 2019
As a manga reader, I can safely say that the arc it will be covering will be more enjoyable. Plus if animated right the fight scenes imo will be better than Ep 19 fight by a long shot.
Apr 10, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2015
Illyricus said:

Because there is no need for it.

Also, Washoi!
Apr 10, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
Pakumen- said:
Illyricus said:

Because there is no need for it.

Also, Washoi!
Apr 10, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
Hope this pandemic is calmed down by October so this doesn't get delayed too.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 10, 2020 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Fuck, can't watch the video.

But gonna be amazing for sure, just hope this movie wil also come to our theaters. One of the rare occasions where a visit would be worth it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:

You can watch it on Twitter though...

All I can say for this is, finally, some good fkng news...
Apr 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
TheKawaiiToon said:
FMmatron said:

You can watch it on Twitter though...

All I can say for this is, finally, some good fkng news...

Already looked for another uploader on YouTube lol, but thanks anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2020 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
best boy Rengoku is near for japanese fans lol
Apr 10, 2020 4:09 PM
Oct 2018
Another delay cant go wrong with that
Apr 10, 2020 4:34 PM

Mar 2014
Hopefully this movie gets a western cinema release...or maybe Im hoping too much ;(

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 10, 2020 11:46 PM

May 2018
“I intend to carry out my duty! I won't let anyone die here!” - Rengoku Kyoujurou
Apr 11, 2020 5:10 PM

Dec 2019
Gorochu said:
“I intend to carry out my duty! I won't let anyone die here!” - Rengoku Kyoujurou

Rengoku is the man !
                                                         🖤   

Apr 11, 2020 6:37 PM

Jul 2019
Maybe we did win at life with Uzaki-chan coming this summer too.
Apr 11, 2020 10:52 PM

Jan 2019
Yes! I feel like this arc would really work well as a movie, it's too big and important to be weaved into like 3 episodes in season 2, so I'm glad. Nonetheless, I hope it's good.
Apr 11, 2020 10:54 PM

Jan 2019
HueyLion said:
Hopefully this movie gets a western cinema release...or maybe Im hoping too much ;(

Dude, you don't know how happy id be if this went to theaters. sucks that whenever these movies do go to theaters they are always like an hour away.
Apr 12, 2020 1:23 AM

Oct 2015
wait guys im lost, i thought the movie aired in japan on march? did it air, or it got delayed? or was it that it was never released AND it was always planned for october?
Apr 12, 2020 3:17 AM

Mar 2015
Kawaiibenowo said:
wait guys im lost, i thought the movie aired in japan on march? did it air, or it got delayed? or was it that it was never released AND it was always planned for october?
it never announced date before this event. anything you hear about schedule outside this official announcement is just rumour.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 12, 2020 4:15 AM

Mar 2015
Can't wait for October 2021.
Apr 15, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2010
This show took a really long time to get moving but its poised to explode heads.
Apr 26, 2020 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
Ufotable never disappoints with action shows and their movies. Bones take notes.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 37 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
37 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 55 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
55 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.