Forum Settings
Forums

'Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai' and 'Kuzu no Honkai' Creators Launch New Manga

New
Apr 3, 2020 6:22 AM
Jun 2016
Aka Akasaka, creator of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen, and Mengo Yokoyari, creator of Kuzu no Honkai, announced via Twitter on Thursday that they are pairing up to create a new manga titled Oshi no Ko. Akasaka will pen the series' story, while Yokoyari will do the art. The weekly series will begin on Thursday, April 23 in Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine.

Serialization for Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen will continue, as the author will be doing two weekly series at once, while this is the first weekly series for Mengo Yokoyari.

Source: Aka Akasaka's Twitter, Mengo Yokoyari's Twitter

"Oshi no Ko" on MAL
VindstotApr 13, 2023 9:58 PM
Apr 3, 2020 6:57 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, what a combo, will definitely read.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2020 7:02 AM

Oct 2017
Oh man, Kuzu no Honkai (¬_¬;). What a let down.

I just hope it's turns out to be good, seeing the author of Kaguya-sama: Love is War is also involved. I really like that series.
Apr 3, 2020 7:18 AM

Dec 2017
interesting, really hope Aka Akasaka will write the story tho
Apr 3, 2020 7:23 AM

Nov 2016
KatsutoSaki said:

I just hope it's turns out to be good, seeing the author of Kaguya-sama: Love is War is also involved. I really like that series.

You also disliked the art?

uninstallthegame said:
interesting, really hope Aka Akasaka will write the story tho

>Akasaka will pen the series' story, while Yokoyari will do the art

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2017
wow i imagine a mind games romance with ntr lmao

KatsutoSaki said:

well the author of knh will do the art tho, and story by aka. hopefully the story is as good as kaguya and the art good as knh
Apr 3, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2015
Imagine if it's the other way around... Lol

Anyway, since the one to pen the story is from kaguya-sama side, i'll try it~

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 3, 2020 7:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this is one collaboration to look forward to!

Personally, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Kuzu no Honkai but the art-style of the show and manga was great and we all know that how good Kaguya-sama is.

I hope we’ll be getting an anime adaption in like 3 years time or so. Aka Akasaka-sensei with two weekly serialisations, all the best and I hope it won’t turn out to overwhelm him with time.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2020 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
I look forward to seeing more of anything from Aka so thats good, as long as it doesnt take away from kaguya especially with how good its been recently. Him not needing to do the art will help but its still alot of effort to write 2 series at once.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 3, 2020 8:22 AM

Nov 2018
I'm really excited for this.I hope it'll be great great combo of drama and comedy.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 3, 2020 8:33 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Seems an Idol-centered series to me. Now will there be romance? Or will it be something like Oshi ga Budokan?
Apr 3, 2020 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
2 weekly mangas? I'm worried about overwork and quality drop.

Apr 3, 2020 8:39 AM
Aug 2016
Aka, buddy.. for the love of god, stop whatever the fuck you're doing and start writing that Instant Bullet reboot you promised, I'm still stumped by the fact that it got axed in the first place, like.. some serious shit taste must be involved for that to even happen.
Apr 3, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2016
RadiantBreeze said:
Aka Akasaka, creator of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen, and Mengo Yokoyari, creator of Kuzu no Honkai, announced via Twitter on Thursday that they are pairing up to create a new manga titled Oshi no Ko. Akasaka will pen the series' story, while Yokoyari will do the art. The weekly series will begin on Thursday, April 23 in Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine.

Serialization for Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen will continue, as the author will be doing two weekly series at once, while this is the first weekly series for Mengo Yokoyari.

Source: Twitter Aka Akasaka's Twitter, Mengo Yokoyari's Twitter

Kuzu no honkai was excilirating, while Kaguya is boring lmao
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Apr 3, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
thank goodness it isn't the other way round with the creators. Excited to see Aka's next work. I'm glad it seems to be a more comedy focused with serious moments going to be in ala Kaguya-sama, because that's where I think Aka shines the brightest

Antagonized said:
Seems an Idol-centered series to me. Now will there be romance? Or will it be something like Oshi ga Budokan?

The story will center on an "overwhelmingly cute" heroine and show the entertainment industry with a "never-before-seen point of view."

given Aka is writing the story, I'm either expecting it to be no romance (i.e., just teases), or a het.romance. He doesn't really write yuri romances so I assume it won't be like Budokan
Apr 3, 2020 10:05 AM

Jan 2018
Well, at least aka is going to write the story that's good cause I can't stand to watch more bitches walking around but why can't he do the art I mean his drawings are also top notch or well, let's say maybe negi for the art.
Apr 3, 2020 10:21 AM

Dec 2012
Congintive said:
why can't he do the art

Because drawing and writing just one weekly series can take a huge toll on your body. Let alone two.
Apr 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
Damn even just writing the story for two different manga sounds difficult. Kaguya sama is one of my favourites so I am excited for this! I also liked Kuzu no Honkai's art so I think the art will be great too.
Apr 3, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2020
Interesting. I'll be waiting to try their work. I hope it's similar to Kuzu No Honkai.
Apr 3, 2020 12:03 PM
May 2016
Damerino said:
Interesting. I'll be waiting to try their work. I hope it's similar to Kuzu No Honkai.

unlikely, since it's the Kaguya-sama writer will be doing the writing, while the Honkai author will simply be the artist
Apr 3, 2020 1:00 PM

Jul 2019
Looking forward to seeing work
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Apr 3, 2020 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
Didn't expect this duo. Can't wait! *^*
Apr 3, 2020 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
NG_Chloe said:
Damerino said:

unlikely, since it's the Kaguya-sama writer will be doing the writing, while the Honkai author will simply be the artist
That's not what I wanted to hear but I'll still check their work as it could be somewhat interesting.
Apr 3, 2020 2:41 PM
May 2016
Damerino said:
NG_Chloe said:

That's not what I wanted to hear but I'll still check their work as it could be somewhat interesting.

true, it's a rather odd combination, so the result should be quite interesting
Apr 3, 2020 3:16 PM

Dec 2017
FMmatron said:

>Akasaka will pen the series' story, while Yokoyari will do the art

lol, i must be blind. thanks for the ping
Apr 3, 2020 3:23 PM

Mar 2020
NG_Chloe said:
Damerino said:

If they mix Kaguya-Sama with Kuzu no Honkai by adding a little bit of rape I'll be the happiest person in the world.
Apr 3, 2020 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
Sounds promising!

Apr 3, 2020 4:15 PM
Apr 3, 2020 4:40 PM

Jun 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
Aka, buddy.. for the love of god, stop whatever the fuck you're doing and start writing that Instant Bullet reboot you promised, I'm still stumped by the fact that it got axed in the first place, like.. some serious shit taste must be involved for that to even happen.

Apparently the feeling he had when he started IB has changed since then and that he might not come back to it, but if he does it will be drastically different than the one you know.

I hope you like long wait.
Apr 3, 2020 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
Looking forward to seeing more from Aka.
Apr 4, 2020 4:41 AM

Jun 2014
Two shit mangaka collaborating to make an even bigger mess
Apr 4, 2020 5:08 AM

Aug 2008
Wow... Kuzu no Honkai was so unmemorable, the whole time I thought it's about Honkai Impact game... Maybe I'll give it a shot but that promotional art and WSJ doesn't bode well.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 4, 2020 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
Antanaru said:
Wow... Kuzu no Honkai was so unmemorable, the whole time I thought it's about Honkai Impact game... Maybe I'll give it a shot but that promotional art and WSJ doesn't bode well.
Thankfully, Kuzu's artist isn't taking part in writing the story hehe
Apr 4, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2018
Damerino said:
NG_Chloe said:

If they mix Kaguya-Sama with Kuzu no Honkai by adding a little bit of rape I'll be the happiest person in the world.

Okay stop trolling now dude
Apr 4, 2020 3:45 PM

Feb 2015
A collab from one of the greatest romcom manga/anime of all time and arguably one of the shittiest shitshow in a my opinion.

Well I guess tis will be in the middle.
Apr 5, 2020 3:21 AM

Oct 2013
Apr 5, 2020 4:27 AM
Nov 2015
YES YES YES, I'm looking forward to it!
Apr 16, 2020 9:04 PM
Sep 2018
_Ako_ said:
A collab from one of the greatest romcom manga/anime of all time and arguably one of the shittiest shitshow in a my opinion.

Nah. Scum's wish's art is good and that's all that matters since Aka's doing the story. Between instant bullet and Kaguya-sama, he hasn't let me down so far and I love his storytelling, so bets are it'll be pretty great.
Apr 16, 2020 9:19 PM

Feb 2015
Elessar44 said:
_Ako_ said:

Nah. Scum's wish's art is good and that's all that matters since Aka's doing the story. Between instant bullet and Kaguya-sama, he hasn't let me down so far and I love his storytelling, so bets are it'll be pretty great.

oh then it'll be a great combo then, I never really liked the way how kuzu no hentai went but from the looked of the manga, the art is precise and overall good.
Apr 22, 2020 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
I can't wait to see Aka present his endless latent, which has been buried away until now his editor.

Although Prez and Ishigami do go through unlimited suffering works, if you've read the manga...
Apr 22, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 2015
Alright so this will be added to MyAnimeList in 2-3 years since it takes so damn long for manga to be approved.
Apr 23, 2020 4:03 AM
Dec 2017
YoshiYogurt said:
Alright so this will be added to MyAnimeList in 2-3 years since it takes so damn long for manga to be approved.

AniList has it already ....
but MAL is so slow sometimes
Apr 23, 2020 11:55 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Genuinely don't know how the story is gonna turn out. The first chapter was a pretty good drama with a weird supernatural twist towards the end. I don't know how I feel about that. I'd personally want it to expand upon the topics it has laid down in the first chapter rather than becoming a gag comedy. Very ambiguous since one author is the writer of a very famous comedy while the other is the author of a heavy drama.

May 27, 2020 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
I can't wait for it.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Dec 1, 2020 1:54 AM

Jan 2020
This actually looks pretty interesting. I really enjoyed both Kaguya-sama and Kuzu no Honkai (although I've only read a few chapters of the first), so I think I'll really enjoy this manga as well.
Sep 29, 2023 1:47 AM
May 2019
Reply to _MushiRock11_
Damn, this is one collaboration to look forward to!

Personally, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Kuzu no Honkai but the art-style of the show and manga was great and we all know that how good Kaguya-sama is.

I hope we’ll be getting an anime adaption in like 3 years time or so. Aka Akasaka-sensei with two weekly serialisations, all the best and I hope it won’t turn out to overwhelm him with time.
@_MushiRock11_ Your prediction about the adaptation was exactly on point. Almost 3 years to the date, lol
Sep 29, 2023 9:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Reply to Yui_Suzumiya69
@_MushiRock11_ Your prediction about the adaptation was exactly on point. Almost 3 years to the date, lol
@Yui_Suzumiya69 Oh wow, you're right, I didn't even realise, lol. Maybe I've got a knack for this, lmao.

@Yui_Suzumiya69 Ahaha, thanks, lol.
_MushiRock11_Sep 30, 2023 1:26 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2023 6:01 PM
May 2019
Reply to _MushiRock11_
@Yui_Suzumiya69 Oh wow, you're right, I didn't even realise, lol. Maybe I've got a knack for this, lmao.

@_MushiRock11_ You're a wizard, MushiRock
Sep 29, 2023 6:01 PM
May 2019
Reply to _MushiRock11_

@_MushiRock11_ You're a wizard, MushiRock

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

61 by M-T_S »»
17 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 6 hours ago

1 by deg »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.