Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2020 7:11 PM

Mar 2017
Each year, April Fools' Day gives a chance for creators in the anime, manga, and video game industries to showcase their creativity. With the popularity of social media in recent years, many of these expressions of creativity go viral. Below is a selection of this year's official April Fools' jokes released by the anime, manga, and related industries.

Anime

BNA
The official website for Spring 2020 anime BNA (Brand New Animal) released a new key visual. The anime will broadcast from April 9 in Japan.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These
The official Twitter for the Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These anime series announced a new spin-off with a key visual. The idol anime will feature characters from the series with the galaxy as their stage.

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen
Less than a week before the premiere of the second season of the Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen (Ascendance of a Bookworm) TV anime, a spin-off series titled Komezuki no Gekokujou: Hakumai wo Taberu Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen (Ascendance of a Rice-Lover) was announced. It is scheduled to premiere in April 3020.

Kuroko no Basket
The official website for the Kuroko no Basket franchise revealed a teaser visual for the next installment in the anime series—Kuroko no Basket: RPG-Hen.

Love Live! Sunshine!!
The official Youtube channel for the Love Live! series released a preview of the next chapter for the Love Live! Sunshine!! idols. Aqours' CYaRon!, AZALEA, and Guilty Kiss have combined to form CYaZALEA☆Kiss.

number24
The official Twitter account for the TV anime number24 announced a change in direction for the series. For the final two episodes of the season, the show will shift to a host club theme, bearing the new title Youkosou, Host Club number24 e (Welcome to Host Club number24)

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan
A new preview was released for the third season of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru., but the voices don't seem to match up with the voice actors we're used to.

Yuru Camp△
The official Twitter account for the Yuru Camp△ anime announced a new entry in the series titled Aki Camp△. The program will star veteran voice actor Akio Ootsuka in a live-action role.

Zombieland Saga
A visual for the next chapter in the Zombieland Saga series, a new film titled Zombies Vs. Aliens, was released on the anime's official website. It is scheduled for a Summer 2020 release.

Manga/Other

Azur Lane
Gameplay footage was released for the Baltimore route of Azu-kyun - Kimi no Koe, Takanaru Kodou, Koi no Oto, a new ADV school romance game in the Azur Lane multimedia franchise.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Death Note
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo creator Yoshio Sawai released his own take on chapter 18 of Death Note on Shounen Jump+ and the Jump Book Store. The parody—which was first included in Weekly Shounen Jump in 2004—features Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo's Don Patch and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo as Light Yagami and Ryuk, respectively.

Fate/Grand Order
Type-Moon and FGO Project unveiled a new entry in the Fate/Grand Order series, Fate/Grand Order MyCraft Lostbelt. The augmented reality game was released on the iOS App Store and Google Play and will be available until April 5.

NaisenCloud
IT company NaisenCloud released a preview and music video (spoiler) for its first anime film, Revolutionary Telephone Naisen, on its official Twitter and Youtube accounts.

Shingeki no Kyojin TACTICS
The DeNA-produced and KAYAC-developed game Shingeki no Kyojin TACTICS is getting a spin-off titled Geki♥Kyojin to Koisuru TACTICS. The matchmaking game, which features titans who "love you so much that they want to eat you," will be released on April 1, 3030.

Tales of the Rays
The team behind Bandai Namco Entertainment's Tales of the Rays mobile game released gameplay footage of the series' first fighter, titled Tales of Vs. 2. It will be (was) released in an alternate timeline for Android and iOS devices on December 15, 1995—the same day Tales of Phantasia was released in the current timeline.

Tokyo Chronos
MyDearest, Inc. announced the official curry for the Tokyo Chronos VR game. The decadent curry, which features diced potatoes, was lovingly crafted by one of the game's protagonists, Karen Nikaido (voiced by Yui Ishikawa). She honed the recipe over many months with the goal of evoking memories of Shibuya, Tokyo with its flavor.

Source: animate Times, Gigazine

← Previous Year
ImperfectBlueMay 26, 2021 6:45 PM
Apr 2, 2020 7:13 PM

Sep 2017
wheres cyazalea kiss :(((((
Apr 2, 2020 7:19 PM

Aug 2018
I would pay for Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu idol anime.Imagine a dance off between Yang & Reinhard.
Apr 2, 2020 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
Ok, but I would absolutely watch a Zombieland Saga movie about aliens.
Apr 2, 2020 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
Hope we see that Bobobo one translated.
Apr 2, 2020 9:11 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I'd rate YuruYuri isekai 100/10
Apr 2, 2020 9:33 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
alicerubesty said:
that was a really good one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2020 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
What about the Atelier Holly announcement Tecmo did? I genuinely wish it were real since Atelier and Monster Rancher are two of my all time favorite video game franchises.
removed-userApr 3, 2020 1:09 AM
Apr 2, 2020 9:38 PM

Sep 2017
ChartTopper60 said:
alicerubesty said:
that was a really good one.

oh im waiting for the full version of the song! what a banger!!!!!
Apr 2, 2020 10:54 PM

Oct 2018
haha atleast this is much better than fake sequel news
Apr 2, 2020 11:18 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nice to see these, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2020 11:25 PM

Jul 2017
The Oregairu one made me laugh more than I should have.

The SNK one is cursed af.

That Yuru Yuri Isekai spin-off NEEDS to happen.

Apr 2, 2020 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
LotGH is the absolute winner here. Great job
Apr 3, 2020 12:03 AM

Jun 2016
At least LotGH understands what their new designs are good for.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 3, 2020 12:03 AM

Feb 2014
idk but I feel like this year's pranks aren't as hype

I do like the yuru camp and knb one tho

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Apr 3, 2020 1:39 AM

Mar 2013
CAUTION
Oregairu pv may cause laughter and stomach pain
Apr 3, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2010
I would rather see a yuru yuri Mirakurun anime though
Apr 3, 2020 3:31 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The picture for the LoGH idol anime looks AMAZING, would totally watch this haha.
Apr 3, 2020 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
HeruruMeruru said:
What about the Atelier Holly announcement Tecmo did? I genuinely wish it were real since Atelier and Monster Rancher are two of my all time favorite video game franchises.
Never played an Atelier game, but I'm always down for more Monster Rancher.
Apr 3, 2020 4:51 AM

Feb 2007
I'd watch Akio Camp.
Apr 3, 2020 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
Thanks for the compilation, even though it seems to be lacking quite a number of entries. To add to that:

Princess Principal
The official twitter for Princess Principal anime series shared a key art for the upcoming Princess Principal: Crown Handler movie.

ImperfectBlue said:
Yuru Yuri
The official Twitter for the Yuru Yuri manga released a visual for a long-awaited isekai spin-off of the series, featuring art by Naya Minadori.
So, Endro~!?

Theo1899 said:
At least LotGH understands what their new designs are good for.
Ayy lmao
GenoardApr 3, 2020 7:51 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 3, 2020 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
the visual looks amazing...
Apr 3, 2020 7:59 AM

Aug 2015
Aaah, too bad CyaZALEA Kiss (Love Live! Sunshine April fools joke) didn't made it here. That was a good one since the seiyuu even sung a song specially for it XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 3, 2020 8:31 AM

Mar 2017
@alicerubesty, @ChartTopper60, @Meira_Eve, I've added CYaZALEA☆Kiss, it was indeed a good one and deserves to be on here.

Apr 3, 2020 8:40 AM

Aug 2015
ImperfectBlue said:
@alicerubesty, @ChartTopper60, @Meira_Eve, I've added CYaZALEA☆Kiss, it was indeed a good one and deserves to be on here.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah Thank you!!!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 3, 2020 1:02 PM

Jul 2019
This April Fool's culture cannot be missed hahahaha
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Apr 3, 2020 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
It's about time the boys stopped playing admirals and returned to their idol business.
Apr 4, 2020 1:16 AM

Apr 2013
lolmao zaimokuza 's seiyuu is now voicing everyone in oregairu :p.

"komezuki no gekokujou" well technically she indeed loves rice and japanese food, it's just night impossible to do with the ingredients she has at her disposal so she goes for western food instead.

Those peoples actually look very good as hosts, damn.

The SnK one is good but damn it'"s creepy >_<

"Tensei shitara Akari dake Slime datte ken" => lolmao.
Apr 4, 2020 2:05 AM

Jul 2012
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
I would pay for Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu idol anime.Imagine a dance off between Yang & Reinhard.
the funny thing is their voice actors are already two of the main characters in utapri and have sung a duet together before lol (original resonance)
Apr 4, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2013
Oh wow I love how each of these are very creative and they really out a great effort. I would like to see the Kuroko no Basket: RPG-Hen

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 5, 2020 11:07 AM
Feb 2018
I have been traumatized,only a little tho
Apr 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Titans that love you so much they want to eat you..... * DEAD *
May 26, 2021 3:16 PM
Mar 2016
YuruYuri's isekai spin-off was not an April Fools joke. Already released in February 2021 and it is still publishing (currently 4 chapters). Namori is also writing the manga with Naya Minadori.
May 26, 2021 6:45 PM

Mar 2017
sn0wleaks said:
YuruYuri's isekai spin-off was not an April Fools joke. Already released in February 2021 and it is still publishing (currently 4 chapters). Namori is also writing the manga with Naya Minadori.

I see, thank you for pointing that out. This was included in animate Time's April Fools' Day post (and it is still on there) so I assumed it was a legitimate gag specific to April Fools' Day.
Jan 14, 2023 11:51 PM
Jul 2019
If anyone is seeing this, yeah, zombieland vs aliens is real!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
6 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.