Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.' Announced

New
Mar 25, 2020 5:36 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A second season for the Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. (BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.) television anime was announced at the end of its 12th and final episode on Thursday.

Synopsis
After an enthusiastic invitation from her friend, Kaede Honjou reluctantly agrees to try New World Online: a very popular VRMMO played by thousands of people across Japan. Naming her in-game character Maple, she sets out on her journey. As a complete novice to such games, she allocates all of her stat points into vitality, desiring to not get hurt. With not a single point in any other stat, Maple has extraordinarily high defense, but she can't move quickly or hit hard.

This doesn't end badly for her, however. Due to her high defense, Maple acquires overpowered skills such as Total Defense, Poison Immunity, and Devour. These skills, along with the incredibly powerful items she obtains, allow her to obliterate most enemies in a single hit. After only a few days of playing the game, Maple claims third place in a server-wide event, gaining a reputation as a player who is both unkillable and absurdly powerful.

Despite her overpowered character, Kaede has much to learn. As she progresses through the game, she meets new friends and acquaintances, helping her complete new levels and events. Through all of her adventures, she may even pick up some other crazy skills that exceed all expectations. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Shin Oonuma (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku) and Mirai Minato (Masamune-kun no Revenge) co-directed the anime at Silver Link., with Fumihiko Shimo (Musaigen no Phantom World) handling the series composition. Kazuya Hirata (Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san) served as the character designer and chief animation director.

Voice actresses Kaede Hondo (Mirai no Mirai) and Ruriko Noguchi (Domestic na Kanojo) played the lead characters Maple and Sally, respectively. Funimation simulcast the show with subtitles as it aired in Japan, and also began streaming an English dub on January 22.

The anime series adapts Yuumikan's adventure comedy light novel, which they originally launched on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2016. Kadokawa began publishing the novel in September 2017, featuring artworks by Koin (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san). The ninth volume shipped on March 10. The light novel has over 700,000 copies of its volumes in print.

Jirou Oimoto began serializing a manga adaptation in Comp Ace magazine in May 2018. Kadokawa published the second volume on February 22.

Source: Funimation

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu II on MAL
VindstotMar 25, 2020 6:54 PM

Mar 25, 2020 5:48 PM

Aug 2018
Maple's coming back to become even more OP !
Mar 25, 2020 6:12 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
The anime elitist wannabes won't be able to sleep tonight I guess lmao.

Hail, shield armpit loli.
Mar 25, 2020 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
This could be a split cour anime because BDs are out today. It's a surprise for sure.

Mar 25, 2020 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
IM GOING TO CRY!!!! Finally the anime gods have blessed with a season 2 I’m excited for!!!! Yay!!!
Mar 25, 2020 7:52 PM
Oct 2019
Is it better than The Rising Of The Shield Hero?
Mar 25, 2020 8:07 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
WRRYYYY said:
Haven't watched it but I can assure you that it is way better.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 25, 2020 8:10 PM
Mar 2016
WRRYYYY said:

No, Maple can't be dat tough like Naofumi.
Mar 25, 2020 8:58 PM
Aug 2018
WRRYYYY said:

Besides the shield part shield hero and this series are completely different but they are both very good
Mar 25, 2020 8:58 PM
Aug 2018
Reanot said:
.......Yay? Dropped it at episode 6.

Good for you man but most people seemed to like this series
Mar 25, 2020 9:23 PM
Mar 2019
Anybody surprised this is getting a season renewal was not paying any attention. This has been clearly the most popular new anime of the season. The only question from people who only watch the anime should have been asking prior to this was "Is there enough material for a 2nd season?" Which there obviously is lol.
Mar 25, 2020 10:58 PM
Nov 2016
SEASON 2 ?
Yosha.......
i waiting
Mar 25, 2020 11:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Certainly a surprise, but a welcome one!

Maple to grace us with her presence in another season, that’s definitely something to look forward to.

It’s a pleasure to see so many of these sequels getting green-lit immediately after the final episodes. I hope to see this trend continue for as long as possible.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2020 11:35 PM

Jun 2014
Just started watching the show and it's really wholesome and a nice chill watch, so it's cool to know more is on the way.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2020 11:47 PM
Apr 2019
WRRYYYY said:

Well, it's a lot more fun than Shield Hero.

Since she put all of her status points in VIT for defense, she moved as slow a Maple in January. (lot of maple puns, including her character name being English for her real name) So what does a slow poke like Maple do to get around? She hops on her turtle and flies.

If you watch it, have your finger on the pause button to read what's going on in the chat room.
Mar 26, 2020 3:13 AM

Mar 2014
WRRYYYY said:

You can compare to a game mode, Shield Hero is hard mode

While Bofuri is easy mode

In my opinion Shield Hero is more interesting than Bofuri
RedChromeMar 26, 2020 9:34 AM
Mar 26, 2020 2:16 PM

Dec 2016
WRRYYYY said:

Tbh I disliked shield hero, its better if you read the light novel of it, anime's pretty boring imo. No real attachments or any great points to talk about, like the anime is trying its best to be generic, in a sense, playing it safe to accommodate the general public.

On the other hand, Maple and her story is different. Different from the usual I need to survive or im in deep shit "game" like animes, this one is heartwarming! Everytime Maple smile I can't help but smile as well! The anime will make you happy! I don't want to blabber too much, so do try it out and watch it, definitely won't regret!
Mar 26, 2020 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
For me, this OP Animé is already good enough not to have another season. For me, I'm quite satisfied with the ending of the 1st Season, adding another one would make the 1st season trash imo.

When I say good, its only good and not very good and not great either. There are certain characters that didn't even have background stories where they came from and just added like its nothing happened. I really disliked that part of an Animation.

Btw. This thread is for BOFURI only, adding some references to other anime is unacceptable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 27, 2020 2:45 AM
Jul 2017
cchigu said:
WRRYYYY said:
Haven't watched it but I can assure you that it is way better.

fucking lol dude, how can you say X is better then Y if you haven't even seen Y
Mar 27, 2020 3:03 AM

May 2012
WRRYYYY said:

tldr; i'd say its better but just because of personal reason. imo isekai doesnt suit serious plot too much. except for GATE which is awesome despite the serious plot. also the fighting scene in tate is so bad. even compared to bofuri.

that aside, i dont think bofuri deserves a second season because i think the story and char dev won't progress much. the main reason i started watching bofuri is how maple gets her skill in a hilarious way and how her max vit affect her in the game and causes her to survive by adapting. but halfway through the season, when the event started to pop out here and there, the focus moves away from that.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Mar 27, 2020 2:34 PM

Feb 2015
Yes.... YES.... I would like to see moar of this isekai pattern from years onward...
Mar 27, 2020 3:06 PM
Nov 2019
YEY YEY MAPLE!!!!! REALLY EXCITED TO SEE YOU GET STRONGER WITH A LOT OF NEW SKILLS!!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2020 3:09 PM
Nov 2019
WRRYYYY said:

Well it is somewhat similar with Tate no yusha in some sense, however, I assure you the anime is definitely NOT rip off, and it is SUPER WORTH IT for you to watch. Consider it as a relaxing isekai anime that makes you laugh, makes you excited, gets you all fired up.

ENJOY HAVE FUN :)
Mar 27, 2020 8:35 PM
Aug 2014
*reads*

....goddamit Silver Link.
You announced a S2 of this so fast while others are still waiting like Rakudai Kishi and C3.
Mar 28, 2020 1:07 AM

Nov 2007
Illustration to commemorate sequel
https://moca-news.net/article/20200328/2020032812000b_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 9, 2020 3:59 PM
Mar 2018
sora2eugene said:
WRRYYYY said:

tldr; i'd say its better but just because of personal reason. imo isekai doesnt suit serious plot too much. except for GATE which is awesome despite the serious plot. also the fighting scene in tate is so bad. even compared to bofuri.

that aside, i dont think bofuri deserves a second season because i think the story and char dev won't progress much. the main reason i started watching bofuri is how maple gets her skill in a hilarious way and how her max vit affect her in the game and causes her to survive by adapting. but halfway through the season, when the event started to pop out here and there, the focus moves away from that.
Ever heard of Overlord? Mr. Ainz Oowl Goan would like to meet you in person.
Apr 9, 2020 4:00 PM
Mar 2018
WRRYYYY said:
WTF. Hell no. Shield hero is in the league of its own. This anime is shit. I dropped it on episode 4 and all this coming from a big isekai fan.
Apr 9, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 2018
What the hell. This show is getting a second season? This is the most girly isekai show you could ever wish to watch.
Apr 10, 2020 11:32 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
I really loved the first season. I am looking forward to this.
Apr 19, 2020 12:01 AM
Nov 2017
I loved the first season so much, that's something I enjoy watching. OPness, cuteness, funnyness and in another world (VRMMO-ish)!
Can't wait for the second season. :D

-Ino
Apr 20, 2020 2:06 AM

Mar 2020
Yessss, I loved this show so much
Apr 27, 2020 7:55 PM
Apr 2018
I don't want to badmouth this anime, because I did enjoy it even though it didn't have much of story or appeal and I just watched it because I wanted some anime as break before getting back to my work so it worked for me but are you KIDDING ME???? this anime gets a second season and Yona of the Dawn didn't????? What the actual hell?
Jun 22, 2020 11:08 AM
Jun 2020
how 2nd season it's good and all but the first episode was a disaster strongest ability that later got nerfed was in the first dungeon and no one ever had the idea of getting it before this is stupid I played a lot pg mmos and there is a very big thing missing here
P2P items
Jun 29, 2020 1:55 AM
Dec 2018
Johnrupesh said:
WRRYYYY said:
WTF. Hell no. Shield hero is in the league of its own. This anime is shit. I dropped it on episode 4 and all this coming from a big isekai fan.

Keep crying dude. Maple doesn't care. HAHAHAHA!

Hail Hydra!!!
Jul 1, 2020 9:40 AM
Mar 2018
Usually when I watch a show, I can understand why people like it even though I don't. But this series, I have no idea what people are liking about this. I guess I still have a lot to learn. I hate this goddamn show.
Jul 17, 2020 12:06 PM
Mar 2020
When I first saw bofuri and I saw all the girls in the picture I ignored it but When I started it I loved it. It is sooooo unique and different from other animes. This anime has a subtle tone which is good and obvious from reading the synopsis and just looking at the picture and I don't get why people are saying that bofuri doesn't make sense. I am soooooo hyped for season2. People should stop comparing bofuri with shield hero. Bofuri has a simpler tone while shield hero has a complex and deeper tone so it doesn't make any sense to compare it at all. bofuri is literally a virtual reality world while shield hero is isekai so it doesn't make sense to compare it.
Any one that wants to watch a fun and op main character grinding this is for you and for those that want a story filled with blood revenge betrayal and op main chatcter this is not for you
Sep 3, 2020 12:50 AM

Dec 2019
OMG! Any information about the release date? *u*
Sep 3, 2020 3:58 AM

Dec 2018
To be honest I've really didn't like the first season. There were to many males in it for my taste . I find them very unattractive and I only want to see the cute anime girls. So I think I'll pass on this one

Jan 10, 2021 3:38 AM
Oct 2016
ItsTooLate82 said:
If your talking which one keeps its quality up the whole story? I would say Bofuri, Shield Hero exponentially goes downhill the further it's story goes. I was getting more and more ticked because they didn't even give half an effort towards the end of Shield Hero's storyline.
Jan 10, 2021 7:53 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah this show sucks. It doesn’t have a plot which resulting me to find the show are dreadfully boring because nothing is at stake. The characters just do whatever. But apparently lot of people love to sit back and let the slice-of-life endorphins wash over them. I'll probably still watch this anyway as an excuse to brainstorming myself with anything about MMOs.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 13, 2021 6:42 PM
Jan 2018
Mannn, fuck this shit
Jan 13, 2021 6:43 PM
Jan 2018
ItsTooLate82 said:
yes````````````````
Feb 21, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2021
I saw it four days ago and it seemed boring at first but it was surprisingly interesting and now I'm excited about the second season👏.
Mar 5, 2022 10:29 PM

May 2017
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

Hi alex!! you think its gonna come out this year?
Mar 5, 2022 10:32 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
LustrousParadox said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

Yes. AND I'M SUPER EFFING EXCITED DEPENDING ON WHO GETS THE SYNOPSIS.
Mar 5, 2022 10:54 PM

May 2017
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
LustrousParadox said:

WHEN! YOU MUSTNT TEASE THE PARADOX
Mar 5, 2022 10:56 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
LustrousParadox said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

This year. We still have nine months. We shall wait!
Mar 5, 2022 11:05 PM

May 2017
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
LustrousParadox said:

This year. We still have nine months. We shall wait!

Very well fellow maple op streght enjoyer :)

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

69 by Jin_uzuki »»
36 seconds ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.