Forum Settings
Forums

Coronavirus is punishment from God, Pa. lawmaker suggests; calls for statewide day of atonement

New
Mar 24, 2020 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
A Republican state lawmaker has introduced a resolution suggesting that the coronavirus is a “punishment inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins.”

In the resolution introduced on Monday, state Rep. Stephanie Borowicz is calling on lawmakers to designate March 30 as a “A State Day of Humiliation, Fasting, and Prayer” in Pennsylvania.

Borowicz states in the resolution: “It is the duty of nations as well as of men to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and transgressions in humble sorrow; and with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime truth.”

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-is-punishment-from-god-pa-lawmaker-suggests-calls-for-statewide-day-of-atonement.html

welp this is the reason why i think The Problem of Evil (not just moral evils but natural evils like diseases like this) is a great philosophy against religions
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 24, 2020 11:01 PM
Mar 2020
Why do they make GoD sound like some overpowered angry king.

Birth Death and Rebirth is part of life. Death gives way to new life. It's not the end.
There exists no future. What exists is possibility 🧐
Mar 24, 2020 11:19 PM

Dec 2016
Never ever trust the religious right.
They will be the first to stab you in the back for spiritual communism.
actual communists are just disillusioned religious fanatics from bygone eras who replaced God with the Glorious State.
I finally noticed this when I was playing Far Cry New Dawn. Whilst I was reading the New Eden manifestos and how they had descended into drug addicted religious communist anarcho-primitivism. Because God was very angry at unnatural electricity or something.
Mar 24, 2020 11:34 PM
Mar 2020
Soverign said:
actual communists are just disillusioned religious fanatics from bygone eras who replaced God with the Glorious State.
I finally noticed this when I was playing Far Cry New Dawn. Whilst I was reading the New Eden manifestos and how they had descended into drug addicted religious communist anarcho-primitivism. Because God was very angry at unnatural electricity or something.

My understanding of communism is:

Absolute powers in the hand of state ....... Wait isn't that monarchy in disguise 😆
Mar 24, 2020 11:39 PM

Jan 2009
Soverign said:

true communism is stateless anyway and high tech (Fully Automated Luxury Communism) so this communist right now are all just fakers
Mar 24, 2020 11:49 PM

Jan 2017
Soverign said:
Imagine generalizing millions of people just like that, must be an easy life when you're that ignorant. Maybe lay of the vidya games for your source of information buttercup, you may actual gain a glint of intelligence!
Mar 24, 2020 11:51 PM

Jan 2017
The guy should have a public and televised lobotomy to show his atonement.
oh wait...
Mar 24, 2020 11:53 PM

Dec 2018
What about every other pandemic in history, are they all punishments from God? If so God really needs to stop beating around the bush, just blow us up already, stop half-assing the extermination of humanity.
Mar 24, 2020 11:57 PM

Dec 2016
@Cneq

Imagine not even knowing it was a woman and failing at turning the other cheek. lol

SoverignMar 25, 2020 12:05 AM
Mar 25, 2020 12:13 AM

Jan 2017
Soverign said:
@Cneq

Imagine not even knowing it was a woman and failing at turning the other cheek. lol

A "Republican state lawmaker" is the guy who's being discussed, does his fucking gender really matter? He could have a dick, a vagina or shit even both and his gender means nothing. What are you, sexist? It's already 2020 and I think it's time we stop making gender some type of defining trait.
Mar 25, 2020 12:16 AM

Dec 2016
Cneq said:
Soverign said:
@Cneq

A "Republican state lawmaker" is the guy who's being discussed, does his fucking gender really matter? He could have a dick, a vagina or shit even both and his gender means nothing. What are you, sexist? It's already 2020 and I think it's time we stop making gender some type of defining trait.

I'm sorry. I was to enthralled by Ocasio-ShapiroCortez's rousing proselytizing from the pulpit. ;_;
Mar 25, 2020 2:47 AM

Sep 2018
Only in America. Right wing morons.
Mar 25, 2020 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
Well of course it is a plague from God sent to punish the daughter of Rome. It isn’t killing people of African decent. It is killing atheists and those who forced God’s own people into slavery. (All humankind are children of God since Jesus died and rose again btw but Africans have been treated especially cruelty by other nations).
Also it’s been 400 years since slavery began (you know which slavery I’m talking about).

I saved that image from an article yesterday online. Source: The Mail Online
A lot of ignorant people like to call Africa a shithole. Doesn’t look so bad on the Coronavirus world map now.

Monochrosanity said:
What about every other pandemic in history, are they all punishments from God? If so God really needs to stop beating around the bush, just blow us up already, stop half-assing the extermination of humanity.

God promised many plagues were to come. He also promised never again to flood the Earth after Noah.

Here are the old plagues:

What is to come is described in the last book of the Bible.
These will be the final plagues.
removed-userMar 25, 2020 9:52 AM
Mar 25, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Meanwhile China, Cuba and Russia send medical assistance to Italy. Where is the US help for their NATO allies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKE2hjSd2I
Mar 25, 2020 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
Believing that a God (no matter which one) has some kind of influence in our world should he considered psychiatric disorder by now.
In my region it's that kind of peoples who ignored the warning about the virus, opened some kind of ceremony in their church with peoples gathering from various part of the region and even from neighbouring countries and ended up spreading the virus between themselves and then the whole region, making our town the town the most touched in my country and one of the worst in Europe as well.

That same church actually did another event a few days ago, ignoring the confinement order completely.

It's not the only time that happens, it keeps happening. It's the church that worsened the spread of AIDS by being against condom usage, it's the church that create health problems by being against abortion, and so on.

Outdated, illogical beliefs and fears lead to death and contamination. I personally don't see how it wouldn't be a psychiatric disorder to still believe in that so firmly despite all what science has proven at this point.
Mar 25, 2020 8:35 AM

Dec 2019
Brainwashed people, i am all for religious freedom and religious liberty in worshiping whoever you like but in times like these, religion needs to be thrown out of the window

in my country people are fighting over in allowing mass gatherings for congregational prayer with the govt, where as the grand mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman has said prayers will continue in Mass gatherings

humanity is busy fighting this virus and religion is preparing to get us all killed!

Even if a question has a proper answer, sometimes one cannot simply give it away.  – Holo 

Mar 25, 2020 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
Its always confusing to me how people, especially these fanatic ones, assume they know what God wants and what God does, considering they put him in a high pedestal as a "being" that far surpasses human intelect, the moment something big happens they suddenly think they're on the same level of mind and sympathy as the big guy upstairs.

Whats happening isnt divine shit or anything, its humans (mostly Chinese people) that are at fault here, this isnt some blessing in disguise or divine retribution/punishment. Its just humans being humans.
Mar 25, 2020 8:46 AM

Oct 2015
KD-Wizard said:
Soverign said:

Absolute powers in the hand of state ....... Wait isn't that monarchy in disguise 😆

What's that? The phrase "Withering away of the state"? Clearly Marx and Engels don't know jack shit about communism. They should've read some literature about it like.... oh wait.

OT: Indoctrinated people do indoctrinated things. Surprising innit?
Mar 25, 2020 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
Well he's doing a piss-poor job.
Mar 25, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Zefyris said:
Believing that a God (no matter which one) has some kind of influence in our world should he considered psychiatric disorder by now.
In my region it's that kind of peoples who ignored the warning about the virus, opened some kind of ceremony in their church with peoples gathering from various part of the region and even from neighbouring countries and ended up spreading the virus between themselves and then the whole region, making our town the town the most touched in my country and one of the worst in Europe as well.

That same church actually did another event a few days ago, ignoring the confinement order completely.

It's not the only time that happens, it keeps happening. It's the church that worsened the spread of AIDS by being against condom usage, it's the church that create health problems by being against abortion, and so on.

Outdated, illogical beliefs and fears lead to death and contamination. I personally don't see how it wouldn't be a psychiatric disorder to still believe in that so firmly despite all what science has proven at this point.

Churches and congregations can be stupid / manipulative. They are not God.

-Stray said:
Its always confusing to me how people, especially these fanatic ones, assume they know what God wants and what God does, considering they put him in a high pedestal as a "being" that far surpasses human intelect, the moment something big happens they suddenly think they're on the same level of mind and sympathy as the big guy upstairs.

Whats happening isnt divine shit or anything, its humans (mostly Chinese people) that are at fault here, this isnt some blessing in disguise or divine retribution/punishment. Its just humans being humans.

There is a chance that you are right. Ther is a chance that you are wrong. There is a chance that we will never know.
Mar 25, 2020 8:59 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I mean if the CCP is your god then it's possible.
Mar 25, 2020 9:02 AM
Mar 2020
Auron_ said:
KD-Wizard said:

What's that? The phrase "Withering away of the state"? Clearly Marx and Engels don't know jack shit about communism. They should've read some literature about it like.... oh wait.

Stateless is in books.
Reality is something else.
All communist States and parties always have a bending towards all powerful state.

Stateless is an ideal. Humans can't keep the flock together so they need leaders to do that.
Mar 25, 2020 9:12 AM

Oct 2015
KD-Wizard said:
Auron_ said:

Stateless is in books.
All communist States and parties always have a bending towards all powerful state.

Sure but we're talking about concepts, not implementation no? States professing to be communist having a proclivity to turn State Capitalist doesn't mean the terms are now synonymous.
Auron_Mar 25, 2020 9:16 AM
Mar 25, 2020 9:14 AM

Aug 2018
Never saw the point in believing in something you don't know for sure exists
Mar 25, 2020 9:18 AM
Mar 2020
Auron_ said:
KD-Wizard said:

Stateless is in books.

Stateless is an ideal. Humans can't keep the flock together so they need leaders to do that.

Sure but we're talking about concepts, not implementation no? States professing to be communist having a proclivity to turn State Capitalist doesn't mean the terms are now synonymous.

Ok. I agree with that.

As a student of sociology 7 years ago I always thought of it as an idealistic theory. Something that is pleasing to senses but far from reality.
Mar 25, 2020 9:21 AM

Oct 2015
KD-Wizard said:
Auron_ said:

Ok. I agree with that.

As a student of sociology 7 years ago I always thought of it as an idealistic theory. Something that is pleasing to senses but far from reality.

Yeah, a very common criticism is that the idea itself is Utopian, and given the aspects of human nature that we have seen time and time again, they might just have a point there. Karl Marx says that the elements of human nature that preclude the feasibility of a communist state is due to the economic superstructures and current mode of production or whatnot, not necessarily something inherent to man itself which can be altered. Not so sure about that lol.
Mar 25, 2020 9:27 AM
Mar 2020
Auron_ said:
KD-Wizard said:

Ok. I agree with that.

Yeah, a very common criticism is that the idea itself is Utopian, and given the aspects of human nature that we have seen time and time again, they might just have a point there. Karl Marx says that the elements of human nature that preclude the feasibility of a communist state is due to the economic superstructures and current mode of production or whatnot, not necessarily something inherent to man itself which can be altered. Not so sure about that lol.

yup lol

No matter what economic structure or level of rational capability we reach, at the end of the day human too is an animal and that animalistic nature isn't going anywhere.
Mar 25, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2013
FlowersInTheRain said:

Believers are not qualified to determine what is God or not, what is his will and what is not. religious books are written by believers, which means they're not qualified either. Church and congregations are not either.
So what do you do?
Which by the way makes everyone unable to determine what is right to believe in, so the only thing you can believe in is the fact that you can't determine for sure what you should be believing in, and no one can do it for you either.

Isn't that a nice state of mind.

ZefyrisMar 25, 2020 9:31 AM
Mar 25, 2020 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
InsipidAsh03 said:

Well look at it this way - humans have 5 senses. Animals have the same senses and some are better / worse than ours. Some animals have other senses that we don’t have. And if you just look at science and technology you can see that there are things that have been discovered / invented that people didn’t believe in years ago. Not just that but we don’t even know what is at the bottom of our own oceans. We don’t know what the universe contains. We know fuck all about anything, really.

Zefyris said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

Believers are not qualified to determine what is God or not, what is his will and what is not. religious books are written by believers, which means they're not qualified either. Church and congregations are not either.
So what do you do?
Which by the way makes everyone unable to determine what is right to believe in, so the only thing you can believe in is the fact that you can't determine for sure what you should be believing in, and no one can do it for you either.

Isn't that a nice state of mind.

Everyone is free to choose to believe in God or not. Personally I believe that many religions exist only to confuse us as to which is the true one. It may not be Christianity but I believe that something bigger created everything and sooner or later we are all going to have to answer to whoever or whatever that divine being is. And I believe that God made us in his own image. He has free wil, as do we. So we are free to decide for ourselves. Each one of us. We don’t all have to believe the same thing. Nobody should be trying to force anybody to do that.

removed-userMar 25, 2020 10:17 AM
Mar 25, 2020 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Some people didn't change since medieval age. They also thought the plague is a punishment from God. These are on the same level of intellect.
And you should be a secular state. So why you should give these politicians a stage.
Mar 25, 2020 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
here in the philippines majority of people pray that god will save this country lol but im sure they agree with this lawmaker that its also the punishment from their god or god made this disease

welp to me as a irreligious person if there is god/s then they are not worth worshipping anyway since The Problem of Evil in philosophy is very convincing
Mar 25, 2020 2:34 PM

Aug 2018
FlowersInTheRain said:
InsipidAsh03 said:

Well look at it this way - humans have 5 senses. Animals have the same senses and some are better / worse than ours. Some animals have other senses that we don’t have. And if you just look at science and technology you can see that there are things that have been discovered / invented that people didn’t believe in years ago. Not just that but we don’t even know what is at the bottom of our own oceans. We don’t know what the universe contains. We know fuck all about anything, really.

indeed, i would rather spend time researching and finding out the unknown, than believing in something that may or may not exist. your point does not change any perspective.. and science has made leaps and bounds, partly because people challenged such ideas in believing in the unknown e.g. God, that man was made by God and not through evolution, rather than finding out what is known..
if you could emphasise further what your point was so i can understand it, i'm not looking for conflict :)
Mar 25, 2020 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
All religions are cults. It's really that simple.

A belief system doesn't need to be tied to a religion. It's just a cult.
Mar 25, 2020 2:50 PM

Jan 2009
i still do not understand why the religious would worship a murderer

heck if god is liken to a parent and all of us is his children then he has right to murder us? does your parents have the right to murder you? damn lol
Mar 25, 2020 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
InsipidAsh03 said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

indeed, i would rather spend time researching and finding out the unknown, than believing in something that may or may not exist. your point does not change any perspective.. and science has made leaps and bounds, partly because people challenged such ideas in believing in the unknown e.g. God, that man was made by God and not through evolution, rather than finding out what is known..
if you could emphasise further what your point was so i can understand it, i'm not looking for conflict :)

What I mean is I don’t believe that mankind will ever be able to fully understand / comprehend everything. Our life spans are short. Our abilities can only take us so far. Even our Sun is a small one. We can only discover the things that are already there. What can we create from nothing? Music? Art? Whatever it is we are creating it is within the 5 senses that we posses and it is using Earthly materials. We value things like money and education. This education is just things that others have learned and passed on to us. This money is just a system that we created based on some metals and ore from the Earth. We are so dependent on this planet that we can’t even survive without it’s Oxygen.

But there is so much more out in space that we aren’t using or thinking about. Who made all this stuff? Some Big Bang? Who made the stuff that came together to make a bang? It is difficult for us to wrap our heads around things like this. Because all life on Earth has a beginning and and end it is hard to believe in something that has always been and always will be. Something that exists outside of time.

Speaking of which - totally off topic I know but, our sense of time is based on the Earth rotating around our tiny Sun. But there are Suns that are far greater in size and mass than ours. I watch these videos about space time and science and it just makes me even more convinced that there is a God. I could be wrong though and I accept that.

I just think that we humans are not as great as we think we are. Just because we are top dog on earth at the top of the food chain doesn’t mean that we are top dog of the universe.
Mar 25, 2020 3:10 PM

Feb 2019
As long as I get to shag the whore of Babylon, everything is fine. I'll make her back down with the power of love that God Herself taught me.
Mar 25, 2020 3:15 PM

Mar 2011
Interesting, the thread is talking about the belief of God, religion and Engels/Marx..must be boring to be at home for everyone.

OT: I guess we should suspect some people are naturally attuned to believing societal events are consequences of people's character and there is a supernatural authority which creates them. Its so simple in reasoning, its like finding something rare you need conveniently put out in the wild..
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Mar 25, 2020 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
maybe, maybe not. even as a christian, such things aren't actually your concern. let whatever happens happen. live your own life. spread the gospel as far as is possible. we're not doomers like some people misrepresent us to be.
Mar 25, 2020 4:01 PM

May 2016
Lol, socialists/communists want power in the hands of the people. Any system of governance, not necessarily our current one, is only a instruments in that endeavor.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Mar 25, 2020 8:40 PM

Aug 2017
Here is the thing that I find so interesting about those who pretend like those who believe in the Creator are somehow intellectually inferior:

They pretend as though they won't believe in something they cannot see.
But, they have never seen the singularity that astrophysicists THEORIZE existed.
They have never seen a single creature evolve from one thing to another, like Darwin theorized.

They pretend as though they won't accept anything that doesn't comport with scientific logic.
But, they will believe that everything appeared from nothing. Because someone theorized that it did.
That cosmic gas exploded, expanded and cooled off, and then somehow turned into sentient life. That oxygen created love and carbon created hate. But, they don't REALLY believe that, because if they really believed it, they would know that every word and thought that anyone ever had would be meaningless, just a random jumbling of sound coming from a random gas ball calling itself a "professor". Intelligence would have no meaning, because thought itself would just be random chemical reactions.

They pretend as though people who believe in Yahweh are sheep who just follow theologists.
When they themselves just follow the teachings of Tyson, Kaku, Krauss, Dawkins, Einstein and Darwin. They've never stepped foot in a professional lab and proven a single thing they believe for themselves.

They pretend as though they are in an unbiased search for "truth".
But, then ignore anything that points to a possibility of the existence of a God. Even when the very scientists who crafted the worldview they follow believed in some kind of creator, including Einstein, Newton, Kepler, Gallileo, Planck, Schroedinger and here's the kicker: Charles Darwin and Georges Lemaitre. The very inventors of the idea of Evolution and the Big Bang believed in a God. Georges was an actual catholic priest. Their ideologies were never created to erase Yahweh, but to try and explain how he did what he did. But, they don't want to hear that as they hijack their scientific theories and turn it into a religion it was never meant to be, in their search for "truth". They aren't searching for truth. Because truth considers all possibilities. And the minute you say that: "The 6 billion people who believe in a god of some kind are (crazy/stupid/sheep), including the millions of geniuses that do and did." You immediately invalidate yourself as an intelligent pursuer of truth. There are atheists who converted after miraculous experiences, they don't wish to hear them. Doctors who have seen miracle healings for their patients, they don't wish to hear them. People like myself, who have had the Father give them dreams about the future and then SEE it come to pass, but they don't wish to hear them. But, they're "searching for truth"? It's like someone saying they want to learn about American History, but don't want to learn how to read English.

The running answer for every single snag that the religion of science has is: "We don't know."

How did the singularity form? "We don't know."
Why did it explode? "We don't know."
What force made the material excreted from the Big Bang turn back on itself against the speed of light to create spheres like Earth? "We don't know.".
How did inanimate material gain sentience? "We don't know."
What is gravity and where did it come from? "We don't know.".
How come there isn't a single unbroken fossil record showing man coming from the LUCA? "We don't know."

And I don't expect them to know, because it's nonsense. You can't know nonsense, which is why they still aren't any closer to knowing generations later, and are even starting to create new theories because there's so many flaws with the old ones, like "String Theory" or "Simulation Theory", we've even got "Beer Bubble Universes", now. It's utter nonsense. Gas coming to life is nonsense. Cosmic Gas becoming a sea in one place, then in another place becoming a star, in another place becoming a human brain, and in another place remaining gas, is nonsense.

I mean, think about it: I literally heard Neil DeGrasse Tyson say with his own mouth, that life came to be in the oceans by "Unknown Mechanisms". But then these lifeforms totally violated everything taught by Natural Selection and left their habitats to go into a place where they CAN'T BREATHE and reproduced. Instead of suffocating, because they had no lungs, they went up and had babies on land. With no food or shelter that they knew of. In total violation of Natural Selection which says species survive by mastering their habitat and living long enough to produce progeny in that habitat. They don't leave that habitat to go to a place where they know of no food or shelter from predators and will immediately die, because they don't have lungs. Either that, or while in the water, they evolved to have lungs, which they wouldn't need or even know they needed, because their entire world was water. Do you realize how nonsensical that is? That's like me telling you that two people got on a boat, went out into the middle of the Pacific Ocean, jumped overboard and let the boat sail away. And instead of drowning, they lived and had babies with gills who could breathe water. And they continued to just reproduce there until ultimately, the family turned into fish. But, it's okay, it's totally possible, because a million theoretical years passed to make that happen.

Nonsense. And that's okay. Everyone is entitled to believe in things that make no sense. I believe that we live under the hand of a being that makes himself invisible to almost everyone. Although, I've seen him, as have many others in visions and dreams. (Usually a light too bright to look at). But, I know for a fact that he's real, because he says things and then they come to pass. It doesn't make any logical sense. But, what do you expect me to do? Go back to believing he's not real, when he shows up and shows me a woman who would be my girlfriend and a critical part of my life, 6 years before I met her? Am I supposed to agree that the only thing that was created without a creator, in all of creation, was creation itself? When the creator himself shows me where I will go to college a year before I knew it even existed? Now, doing that would actually make me as stupid as some of you claim believers are.

You're entitled to turn scientific theories from people who were actually seeking the truth, into fairy tales of a creatorless creation, if you wish. But don't presume that you're any more intelligent than anyone who knows that the helium in a balloon isn't going to turn into a talking ape. No matter how many billions of years pass.

InjenssMar 25, 2020 8:45 PM
Mar 25, 2020 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
@Injenss

the difference in belief is how testable it is and you know you cannot test the claims of this religious beliefs

plus science and technology works while faith healing for example is well just a miracle or random luck or as good as placebo if it works

i think the simulation hypothesis makes sense so god might be a programmer or computer engineer but is he worth worshipping? nah because there is The Problem of Evil

also im schizophrenic or those crazy people and we are prone to religious delusions that we might believe we are god like jesus christ or that god talk to us and as they say "if you talk to god then you are religious but if god talks to you then you are crazy"
degMar 25, 2020 10:21 PM
Mar 25, 2020 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
aww look it's the pathetic thoughts and prayer squad
Mar 25, 2020 11:41 PM

Aug 2017
deg said:
@Injenss

the difference in belief is how testable it is and you know you cannot test the claims of this religious beliefs

plus science and technology works while faith healing for example is well just a miracle or random luck or as good as placebo if it works

i think the simulation hypothesis makes sense so god might be a programmer or computer engineer but is he worth worshipping? nah because there is The Problem of Evil

also im schizophrenic or those crazy people and we are prone to religious delusions that we might believe we are god like jesus christ or that god talk to us and as they say "if you talk to god then you are religious but if god talks to you then you are crazy"

Well, instead of taking random quotes, why don't we take actual ones?

See, here are all of these legendary testers, who tested theories so well, they're, you know...the very foundations of scientific theories, who all say: They believe in God the more they study. Because that's what real science is, as opposed to "science falsely so called". (1st Tim. 6:20). That's the difference between real scientists, and those who take their theories and turn them into a religion and don't know the difference between a boot and Bootes Void. THEY said, "I don't know, let's find out." Those who worship at the altar of science, without even knowing the faith it was built upon, say: "I don't know, but let's make sure it's not God, even if it doesn't make any sense. Even if I have to say the people who built the science I know are part of the "pathetic thoughts and prayers squad". Imagine being so arrogant, that you think you know more than Newton, Einstein and Bacon, while simultaneously not knowing what "HCB-GW" means. "Science: Because reality is too interesting to be content with ignorance." LOL! True, Einstein, Planck and Newton were some ignorant mofos, man.

Now, let's look at your own statement, that follows your photo: Now, you're telling me that science and technology works. (Which, sure, it does sometimes. And also sometimes it can't cure a cold. And also sometimes it creates side-effects that kills 40,000 people like Vioxx.). But, right after that, you say that faith healings, which doctors themselves have described seeing, are "miracles" and "random luck". Putting aside that "Luck" is something that is unscientific as "God", so you shouldn't be using that as an explanation if you're pro-science (so-called), how is it that you can have the cognitive dissonance to call something miraculous a miracle while trying to dismiss the existence of Yahweh who uses miracles? How does that make any sense at all?

The Earth is a simulation. The scriptures are already thousands of years ahead of science on that, as is the case many times, which is why scientists often come to believe in God to such a degree that half of all scientists believe in a God. https://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/ (Stupid scientists. They're so dumb. They should've gone to school.) But, the scriptures already said that the things that are seen are made of the things that are unseen. (Hebrews 11:3). Long before science started talking about Dark Matter or Dark Energy making up the majority of the Universe, some Schizo who heard from Yahweh wrote about it named Apostle Shaul. It took people like Henri Poincare and Vera Rubin almost 2000 years to figure out what a schizophrenic who heard from the Creator made clear in an old scroll. I think I'll go with the schizos.

But, there is no problem of Evil. There's only the problem of false doctrine, put forth by false preachers and teachers in Christianity who tells you that the Most High doesn't do Evil. When Yahweh consistently says that he does in the scripture and demonstrates it repeatedly. He said he created Evil (Isa. 45:7) He said if a catastrophe hits a city (Like Coronavirus) then it is him who did it. (Amos 3:6). He made everything. Which means he made Lucifer. He made Judas. Not only did he make Judas, but he commanded Judas to do evil to him, when he told him to go and betray him to the Pharisees. (John 13:27) Note how he told Satan to go do it inside of Judas, in that scripture. He told Satan to go to do evil to himself.

People don't like to hear that, because whether you believe or not, you've been corrupted by the false teachings of Rome. That God is only Love. No, Yahweh is EVERYTHING. He does good and evil, he loves and hates. He can be pleased and he can be enraged. He gives life and he kills. Why do you think humans have the nature we do? Because we got it all from him. The arrogance and the hypocrisy of man. "I'm not going to love him because he's not nice all the time." Neither are you. "I'm not going to believe in a God that kills people.", but: "I will believe in science that created Nuclear Weapons, Lethal Bioagents, and has so much racist human experimentation in its history, that you could probably fill an entire county with the corpses." Ridiculous.

But, what's more ridiculous is how we think it actually matters to a being beyond comprehension if we rebel and rage against him or not. Let's consider something: As a simulation, let's imagine that "God" was a being more people are comfortable with: "Aliens". (And there's a reason they are, but that's another topic for another day.) Imagine an alien so powerful, that it can create an entire universe. How much smarter is it than you? How much more powerful? It literally created you from scratch. And then it comes to you and says: "Do what I say and I'll take care of you. Don't, and I'll destroy you.". If you say to this being: "I'm not going to do what you say, because I don't like you." What do you think will happen, when dealing with an alien that can literally create a planet that holds 7 billion replicas of you? You will die. And it will keep on moving without you. Raging against the Creator because you don't like the world that WE made (Because he gave us dominion), is like pissing at the base of a tidal wave. It will run right over you, and never know you were there or cared if you were mad.

But, even that isn't the end of the ridiculousness, because the things we're mad about, generally that people die, isn't even the end. It isn't even evil. We are so arrogant, we expect this being that controls all dimensions and manners of existence to look at death like we do. Those without faith look at death and say: "That's the end.", while death to Him is: "I took them out of this physical form, and brought them back into the spiritual realm with me. And I can do that, because I made them, and they are only alive because I put my spirit in them." And you watch as literally millions of people die and come back https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=life+after+death+experience and they all say they experience the same thing. Even if they never believed it before they died. "I left my body and I went to heaven or hell." They see the same thing. They either go to him, or while they were alive, they said "Worship him? Nah." And they went to hell, instead. But they come back and tell the world plainly, it's so peaceful, my loved ones were there, I saw angels, I didn't want to come back, etc... Showing what the Most High decided to do with HIS PROPERTY. Death to you, is not death to him. Evil to you, is not evil to him. Good to you, is not good to him. You're not on a universal creator's level. Neither am I. But, here is the difference: I was blessed enough for Him to reach out to me. Because I was not always a Messianic Hebrew. I did not always believe. And either he hasn't reached out to you, because you're not his. Or, he has, and you swatted his hand away because you want to piss at the foot of a tidal wave. Both are equally terrifying.

Even Isaac Newton would agree. Hell, Stephen Hawking would DEFINITELY agree, now.

InjenssMar 25, 2020 11:58 PM
Mar 26, 2020 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
@Injenss

Newton, Einstein for example live in the times when science is still beginning and that much of the world in their timeline was still religious

look at god of the gaps too it explain that gaps in scientific knowledge is filled up by religious beliefs

like i said i do not completely deny the existence god/s but they are not worth worshiping due to the problem of evil, you said they created everything evil too that means all evil people like Hitler were created by them then, same with this coronavirus they created this just to kill more? lol why would you worship your murderer thats whats ridiculous

i said faith healing works like a miracle and i follow it up with random luck as another alternative or placebo effect when it comes to medicines clinical trials, so faith healing is not as reliable as scientifically approved medicines, that alone is why i said science works more than prayer

also if you are talking about near death experiences then psychedelic experiences does the same thing and its being investigated right now too

also about evil sciences like nuclear weapons you have to remember that science is a tool so ethics/morality is separate from science thats why those evil science/technology are subject to human regulations right now, and its funny you mention racism when religions are the original source of discrimination like being sexist and anti-LGBT and right now major religions like islam and christianity are being racist (sort of) or discriminatory to one another, if youre from USA then you will hear the conservative right wing politicians wants to side with israel with their never ending battle with islamists, this conservative politicians too are like anti-poor like saying the poor deserves what they get even though systemic factors affect on why social mobility of the poor is poor

EDIT:

also your survey link have this so am i missing something here? scientists are significantly irreligious overall according to this

degMar 26, 2020 3:11 AM
Mar 26, 2020 12:43 AM

Mar 2011
Injenss said:
deg said:
@Injenss

Well, instead of taking random quotes, why don't we take actual ones?

See, here are all of these legendary testers, who tested theories so well, they're, you know...the very foundations of scientific theories, who all say: They believe in God the more they study. Because that's what real science is, as opposed to "science falsely so called". (1st Tim. 6:20). That's the difference between real scientists, and those who take their theories and turn them into a religion and don't know the difference between a boot and Bootes Void. THEY said, "I don't know, let's find out." Those who worship at the altar of science, without even knowing the faith it was built upon, say: "I don't know, but let's make sure it's not God, even if it doesn't make any sense. Even if I have to say the people who built the science I know are part of the "pathetic thoughts and prayers squad". Imagine being so arrogant, that you think you know more than Newton, Einstein and Bacon, while simultaneously not knowing what "HCB-GW" means. "Science: Because reality is too interesting to be content with ignorance." LOL! True, Einstein, Planck and Newton were some ignorant mofos, man.

Now, let's look at your own statement, that follows your photo: Now, you're telling me that science and technology works. (Which, sure, it does sometimes. And also sometimes it can't cure a cold. And also sometimes it creates side-effects that kills 40,000 people like Vioxx.). But, right after that, you say that faith healings, which doctors themselves have described seeing, are "miracles" and "random luck". Putting aside that "Luck" is something that is unscientific as "God", so you shouldn't be using that as an explanation if you're pro-science (so-called), how is it that you can have the cognitive dissonance to call something miraculous a miracle while trying to dismiss the existence of Yahweh who uses miracles? How does that make any sense at all?

The Earth is a simulation. The scriptures are already thousands of years ahead of science on that, as is the case many times, which is why scientists often come to believe in God to such a degree that half of all scientists believe in a God. https://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/ (Stupid scientists. They're so dumb. They should've gone to school.) But, the scriptures already said that the things that are seen are made of the things that are unseen. (Hebrews 11:3). Long before science started talking about Dark Matter or Dark Energy making up the majority of the Universe, some Schizo who heard from Yahweh wrote about it named Apostle Shaul. It took people like Henri Poincare and Vera Rubin almost 2000 years to figure out what a schizophrenic who heard from the Creator made clear in an old scroll. I think I'll go with the schizos.

But, there is no problem of Evil. There's only the problem of false doctrine, put forth by false preachers and teachers in Christianity who tells you that the Most High doesn't do Evil. When Yahweh consistently says that he does in the scripture and demonstrates it repeatedly. He said he created Evil (Isa. 45:7) He said if a catastrophe hits a city (Like Coronavirus) then it is him who did it. (Amos 3:6). He made everything. Which means he made Lucifer. He made Judas. Not only did he make Judas, but he commanded Judas to do evil to him, when he told him to go and betray him to the Pharisees. (John 13:27) Note how he told Satan to go do it inside of Judas, in that scripture. He told Satan to go to do evil to himself.

People don't like to hear that, because whether you believe or not, you've been corrupted by the false teachings of Rome. That God is only Love. No, Yahweh is EVERYTHING. He does good and evil, he loves and hates. He can be pleased and he can be enraged. He gives life and he kills. Why do you think humans have the nature we do? Because we got it all from him. The arrogance and the hypocrisy of man. "I'm not going to love him because he's not nice all the time." Neither are you. "I'm not going to believe in a God that kills people.", but: "I will believe in science that created Nuclear Weapons, Lethal Bioagents, and has so much racist human experimentation in its history, that you could probably fill an entire county with the corpses." Ridiculous.

But, what's more ridiculous is how we think it actually matters to a being beyond comprehension if we rebel and rage against him or not. Let's consider something: As a simulation, let's imagine that "God" was a being more people are comfortable with: "Aliens". (And there's a reason they are, but that's another topic for another day.) Imagine an alien so powerful, that it can create an entire universe. How much smarter is it than you? How much more powerful? It literally created you from scratch. And then it comes to you and says: "Do what I say and I'll take care of you. Don't, and I'll destroy you.". If you say to this being: "I'm not going to do what you say, because I don't like you." What do you think will happen, when dealing with an alien that can literally create a planet that holds 7 billion replicas of you? You will die. And it will keep on moving without you. Raging against the Creator because you don't like the world that WE made (Because he gave us dominion), is like pissing at the base of a tidal wave. It will run right over you, and never know you were there or cared if you were mad.

But, even that isn't the end of the ridiculousness, because the things we're mad about, generally that people die, isn't even the end. It isn't even evil. We are so arrogant, we expect this being that controls all dimensions and manners of existence to look at death like we do. Those without faith look at death and say: "That's the end.", while death to Him is: "I took them out of this physical form, and brought them back into the spiritual realm with me. And I can do that, because I made them, and they are only alive because I put my spirit in them." And you watch as literally millions of people die and come back https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=life+after+death+experience and they all say they experience the same thing. Even if they never believed it before they died. "I left my body and I went to heaven or hell." They see the same thing. They either go to him, or while they were alive, they said "Worship him? Nah." And they went to hell, instead. But they come back and tell the world plainly, it's so peaceful, my loved ones were there, I saw angels, I didn't want to come back, etc... Showing what the Most High decided to do with HIS PROPERTY. Death to you, is not death to him. Evil to you, is not evil to him. Good to you, is not good to him. You're not on a universal creator's level. Neither am I. But, here is the difference: I was blessed enough for Him to reach out to me. Because I was not always a Messianic Hebrew. I did not always believe. And either he hasn't reached out to you, because you're not his. Or, he has, and you swatted his hand away because you want to piss at the foot of a tidal wave. Both are equally terrifying.

Even Isaac Newton would agree. Hell, Stephen Hawking would DEFINITELY agree, now.

I'm not sure what you're argument is trying to get across. Not due to a lack of understanding what you're typing but what is it aiming to tell us besides you believe there are people in the thread think those who practice some kind of faith, are intellectually inferior. The post tries to put up an argument against the category of science in some way by giving wrong examples of theories or referencing scientist from various timepoints out of the context of that time.

All while giving a quasi essay (from a Jude-perspective) on how those people that rely more on science attribute human traits onto a non-human deity (which makes sense) is the wrong line of thought--yet you teeter the line of doing the same, so your applying the same faulty reasoning every now and again in the post. Science must not say it is 100% sure cause as a human invention, it is instilled with human limitations and review. This isn't to only say your post is someone wrong, but its not entirely right. You neglected divine-limitations based on sacred texts, ignored known fallacy filled logic of antiquity from religious organization and use scriptural descriptions to support your answers (suggesting only one kind of religion is accurate--a possible bias).

So are you trying to say scientist can believe in God, and have in the past? Some did and will continue
Are you saying religious folk are not unintelligent? Likely the case if scientist are real
Is it Science can't fully answer its own questions, so why believe in it? Unlike solely faith, science has given consistent results, like medicine.
Or are you saying people should follow thought patterns from the past, which have been shown to impede positive progress multiple sacred-texts promised to deliver? Cause blaming the poor for being poor or the sick for being sick cause they offended a deity with their bad moral decisions doesn't make alot of sense.

"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Mar 26, 2020 12:49 AM

Sep 2018
You'll notice the only quotes from the last 75 years are Americans, that should tell you something.

If there is a god, why is he such a cunt? Oh that's right, it's "to test us". Well that makes him an even bigger cunt then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence#Studies_comparing_religious_belief_and_IQ

God botherers are dumber than normal people. That's a scientific fact.

Mar 26, 2020 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
QPR said:

If there is a god, why is he such a cunt? Oh that's right, it's "to test us". Well that makes him an even bigger cunt then.

the test is deadly too lol wtf like this coronavirus
Mar 26, 2020 1:02 AM

Oct 2016
Desperate times make people lose sanity. This applies to both religious and irreligious people (just look at the toilet papet fiasco)
Mar 26, 2020 1:48 AM

Dec 2016
Truth be told Aries/Mars the God of War and agriculture talks to me all the time also. He keeps telling me to start a war and domesticate nature with violence.

Me: O'Lord Mars what should I do about corona-chan?
Mars: Destroy Troy! RAZE CARTHAGE!!
Me: O-okay
Mars: SALT THE EARTH!!!
SoverignMar 26, 2020 2:22 AM
Mar 26, 2020 3:08 AM

Apr 2019
Those kinds of speeches are the reason why religious people look bad.

The Black Plague for example, which nearly wiped out Europe in 13th century, our health science was still pretty lackluster back then, we never actually cured the Plague by medicine but only by quarantine.

We still have the Black Plague sickness today, but our health care system could take care of it, and it's by antibiotics.
So what does the Black Plague have to do with this? Sooner or later we will find a cure for the Covid19, unlike God's punishment, which is incurable.

As a devoted Christian saying this, once God punishes you (Seven Trumpets for example) it's not curable, yet people already recovered from this pandemic.

___

tl;dr:
-Stray said:
Whats happening isnt divine shit or anything. Its just humans being humans.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.