Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2020 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
If you were the main character in a new anime tv show, what type of show would it be? Harem? Reverse Harem? Slice of Life? Shōnen? Shōjo? Hentai? Horror? Yaoi? Yuri? Fantasy? Mecha?

What would be your story? Would you have super powers? Would you want to be different than you are in real life or the same? Would you want to be drawn differently? What art style would you want?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2020 8:27 PM

Dec 2018
It would be a sol. It would go on to become infamous for being the worst anime created.
Mar 24, 2020 8:28 PM

Mar 2016
I would be me, but an anime character.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Mar 24, 2020 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'd want to be a harem, romcom, supernatural, protagonist! Because I have 0 luck with real girls! I would get involved with some supernatural girls' problems, help them, become good friends with them through common interests, and then they would fall for my nonexistent charms! I wouldn't have superpowers, but to solve problems, I would use my shitty charisma, because I watched a bunch of Youtube videos of Charisma On Command!
Mar 24, 2020 8:31 PM

Jun 2017
find me the fucker that wants to be the MC of a horror anime lol

seems like it'd be cheating if i got too much control over my story though, like fuck yea give me haruhi powers and let me do whatever i want
it'd be a story of uhhh, an omnipotent guy figuring out what to do with his powers. yea, that's right
Mar 24, 2020 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I would use my shitty charisma, because I watched a bunch of Youtube videos of Charisma On Command!

I am weak, this made me laugh so hard.
Mar 24, 2020 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
GreatAide said:

I would love to be regular me in a horror/reverse harem show...
Mar 24, 2020 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
GreatAide said:

I do! Being the MC of a horror anime would traumatize me so much it'd give me an excuse to kill myself, which would be awesome! (jk)

GreatAide said:
seems like it'd be cheating if i got too much control over my story though, like fuck yea give me haruhi powers and let me do whatever i want
it'd be a story of uhhh, an omnipotent guy figuring out what to do with his powers. yea, that's right
Mar 24, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2019
don't add anything just make a show about my life and it will go down as one of the greatest comedies in anime history due to all my failures
Swagernator said:
God damn, another gay thread upon us.
Mar 24, 2020 8:48 PM

Aug 2018
I wanna be in a setting like what's in Mushishi and live life like Ginko. And SOL, adventure, supernatural show. I just love the idea of just wandering around talking to people and solving problems. This is the opposite of what it's like right now though: Stuck in one place, can't talk to people, barren land and no supernatural :(

Mar 24, 2020 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
hockeyice445 said:
don't add anything just make a show about my life and it will go down as one of the greatest comedies in anime history due to all my failures

Will it be a RomCom or just a Com? Will it be serious or cute?
Mar 24, 2020 8:49 PM

Jul 2017
My character would be a Shinigami from Pallet Town, who's father is also the Demon Lord. Together with his stand, Blue Eyes White Dragon with a drill that will pierce the heavens, would be on a quest to defeat all the titans, collect all 7 sevens Dragon Balls and ultimately become the next Pirate King of the digital world.

Mar 24, 2020 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Attackonfiller said:
My character would be a Shinigami from Pallet Town, who's father is also the Demon Lord. Together with his stand, Blue Eyes White Dragon with a drill that will pierce the heavens, would be on a quest to defeat all the titans, collect all 7 sevens Dragon Balls and ultimately become the next Pirate King of the digital world.

Will there be entire seasons or multiple seasons in a row that are just filler? I am genuinely curious.
Mar 24, 2020 8:53 PM

Apr 2018
I love the genres adventure, fantasy, mystery and maybe a little romance too!
Going on a fantastical adventure discovering new things and interesting people, while training any powers I have would be exhilarating.

Art style? Hmm... similar to The Promised Neverland for sure. I wouldn't change myself since I already believe I act like an anime protagonist at times lol.

"No matter what, the two of us have to live a life of no regrets! We're going to set out to sea someday, live our lives the way we want to, with more freedom than anyone else in the world." — Eiichiro Oda (Portgas D. Ace)

Mar 24, 2020 8:53 PM
Jan 2020
Shonen + Horror anime
The story would be about me and a group of high school kids having to survive in the new world filled with zombies and monsters that came from another planet. My power would be super strength because my scientist dad injected me with the dna the monsters have that make me have super strength. So I’m the only person who can physically hurt them without having to use weapons or explosives. I would be a goofy character at first that would risk his life for anything, but after like 6 years of fighting the good fight, all my high school friends but one died so I would be more edgy and wouldn’t risk his life for stupid shit anymore. I would become a anti hero. Going against monsters, zombies and humans who dare try to cross my territory and hurt my only friend left who’s in a wheel chair.

The art style would be like Fate/Zero.
Mar 24, 2020 8:55 PM

Jul 2019
KatekyoGirl76 said:
hockeyice445 said:

mostly it would be a comedy with some specs of romance not to the point of full romcom
Swagernator said:
Mar 24, 2020 8:56 PM

Mar 2015
Slice of life/Documentary

This quarantine really makes you think.
Mar 24, 2020 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
hockeyice445 said:
KatekyoGirl76 said:

mostly it would be a comedy with some specs of romance not to the point of full romcom

Like, where everything is just cut short of being truly amazing, and it goes back to regular life.,..?
Mar 24, 2020 9:00 PM

Jul 2017
KatekyoGirl76 said:
Attackonfiller said:

Will there be entire seasons or multiple seasons in a row that are just filler? I am genuinely curious.

I could give you the long answer, but the short answer would be yes.

Mar 24, 2020 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
Bigwim said:
Slice of life/Documentary

This quarantine really makes you think.

I agree, I have nothing to do in my house but game, watch anime, and think... playing with my dog is automatic, but she mostly sleeps, which gives me more time to sit and think.
Mar 24, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2019
School romance slice of life for sure. If not, then an action shounen anime MC because I won't die, I have plot armor
Mar 24, 2020 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
guych said:
School romance slice of life for sure. If not, then an action shounen anime MC because I won't die, I have plot armor

Slice of life mixed with shounen and you won't die because of plot armor? What plot armor would you have?
Mar 24, 2020 9:09 PM

Jul 2019
KatekyoGirl76 said:
hockeyice445 said:

Like, where everything is just cut short of being truly amazing, and it goes back to regular life.,..?

yeah where it kinda builds but then falls short
Swagernator said:
Mar 24, 2020 9:11 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
The type where I start up a weeb hunting task force and ban anime.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 24, 2020 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
Sasori_Nagashi said:
The type where I start up a weeb hunting task force and ban anime.

Clearly this would be a Fantasy RomCom with bunches of cat ears and fox people. I am 100% this would have thousands of fans, and become one of the most popular anime's of all time. <3
Mar 24, 2020 9:52 PM

Jul 2019
KatekyoGirl76 said:
guych said:

Slice of life mixed with shounen and you won't die because of plot armor? What plot armor would you have?

Oh no, separate. But don't all action shounen MCs have plot armor? Except Akame ga Kill, they are ruthless and do not care
Mar 24, 2020 9:57 PM

Aug 2018
i would say isekai, but i don't wanna be stoned to death...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 24, 2020 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
guizo- said:

No one will stone you... You be you man... ^_^
Mar 24, 2020 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
guych said:
KatekyoGirl76 said:

Oh no, separate. But don't all action shounen MCs have plot armor? Except Akame ga Kill, they are ruthless and do not care

I think most people love to love the MC in their favorite animes... if they all just died off people would be so mad, investing all that time and thought into the storylines just to have them die... it is crushing if written well, and can posssssssibly live on past the MC death, but then it would just be sad, and I think it would morph into a drama?

Which is the very last thing shounen should be, imo
Mar 24, 2020 10:05 PM

Aug 2018
KatekyoGirl76 said:
guizo- said:

No one will stone you... You be you man... ^_^

It was a small joke, i feel bad for it now :|
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 24, 2020 10:14 PM

Sep 2008
cyberpunk horror-hentai with swords and demons, animated by old gainax.
written by urobuchi, directed by anno. backgrounds by abara era tsutomu nihei.
I'm voiced by okamoto nobuhiko. character designs by masami obari.
soundtrack by shoji meguro.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 24, 2020 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Usually I’d say that I want to be a reverse harem protag in the setting similar to Mo Dao Zu Shi (but all the guys are actually straight or mildly bi).

But rn I want to be a cat in some cute SoL show. And my human would be some hot dude. Maybe not just one... That’s be actually an interesting story. Reverse harem, but the MC is a cat. Count me in.
Mar 24, 2020 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
ysphyr said:
Usually I’d say that I want to be a reverse harem protag in the setting similar to Mo Dao Zu Shi (but all the guys are actually straight or mildly bi).

But rn I want to be a cat in some cute SoL show. And my human would be some hot dude. Maybe not just one... That’s be actually an interesting story. Reverse harem, but the MC is a cat. Count me in.

Would you always be a cat, or could you transform into you when the right guy comes along, but when he messes up you turn back into a cat?
Mar 24, 2020 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
nyugvo6 said:

Have you thought about this before? *_*
Mar 24, 2020 10:34 PM

Aug 2016
If I was the MC on a new anime.
Shieet No one would watch it.
Whoever likes slice of life anime doesn't have any IRL friends.
Mar 24, 2020 10:37 PM

Aug 2016
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I'd want to be a harem, romcom, supernatural, protagonist! Because I have 0 luck with real girls! I would get involved with some supernatural girls' problems, help them, become good friends with them through common interests, and then they would fall for my nonexistent charms! I wouldn't have superpowers, but to solve problems, I would use my shitty charisma, because I watched a bunch of Youtube videos of Charisma On Command!

ahaha I love this, this is definitely my type of humor
only if this type of humor effected girls that same way lmao
Mar 24, 2020 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
-Lawrence- said:

Have you somehow missed out on how many girls/women love to watch slice of life about teenage boys? lol
Mar 24, 2020 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
KatekyoGirl76 said:
ysphyr said:

Would you always be a cat, or could you transform into you when the right guy comes along, but when he messes up you turn back into a cat?

Right now I want to be just a regular cat. The small and really grumpy one. Like you know these cats who put their paws out when you try to kiss them. Or even beat you with their little paws. I’d be this kind of cat.

That’s what not having enough sleep does to me. Damn.
Mar 24, 2020 10:49 PM

Aug 2016
KatekyoGirl76 said:
-Lawrence- said:

Have you somehow missed out on how many girls/women love to watch slice of life about teenage boys? lol

Not unless they like loud and obnoxious people that is depressed like all others in this world. (AKA Me)
Mar 24, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
-Lawrence- said:
KatekyoGirl76 said:

Not unless they like loud and obnoxious people that is depressed like all others in this world. (AKA Me)

I think it would surprise you how many people would rather watch someone else's life, rather than pay attention to their own...
Mar 24, 2020 10:54 PM

Sep 2017
I'd like to be in a reverse harem because I am lonely
Mar 24, 2020 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
ysphyr said:
KatekyoGirl76 said:

Right now I want to be just a regular cat. The small and really grumpy one. Like you know these cats who put their paws out when you try to kiss them. Or even beat you with their little paws. I’d be this kind of cat.

That’s what not having enough sleep does to me. Damn.

I have not slept right in years, at some point you accept it, and just turn into a different version of yourself, you evolve =)
Mar 24, 2020 10:57 PM

Aug 2009
I'm an adult who lives a relatively mundane but stable life style, so... New genre: Boring adults doing mundane things? Like Azumanga Daioh minus all of the personality and thus being nothing?

I'm a secondary character at best, generic filler character at worst.

Mar 24, 2020 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
I would probably like to be in a supernatural, action and mystery show, or be in a SoL show about an otaku...
Mar 24, 2020 11:10 PM

Oct 2018
I’d just wanna be god. Then I can do whatever I want

Mar 24, 2020 11:14 PM
Feb 2014
My anime would have the genres: Historical, Romance, Drama, Josei, Tragedy, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller

The story is.....well, i'll just say it involves time traveling.

I wouldn't have any super powers and i'd be mostly me, except i wouldn't be physically disabled.

Art style is not the usual anime art style, but semi realism, maybe something like Death Note.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 24, 2020 11:40 PM

Sep 2008
KatekyoGirl76 said:
nyugvo6 said:

all the time. seriously. anime isn't made like this anymore, there's a huge drought. as for the names, I just gathered some of my favorites.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 24, 2020 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
nyugvo6 said:
KatekyoGirl76 said:

all the time. seriously. anime isn't made like this anymore, there's a huge drought. as for the names, I just gathered some of my favorites.

With all this free time I have had for the last 8 days, I started thinking about the anime I started watching 1,000 years ago, and what got me so into it. I am so into old anime, I struggle to get in to new anime. Granted I like a lot of cheesy old anime, but I like it better... My mind wanders to what it would be like if I were a main character, and what type of anime I would want to be in.
Mar 24, 2020 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
I'm an adult who lives a relatively mundane but stable life style, so... New genre: Boring adults doing mundane things? Like Azumanga Daioh minus all of the personality and thus being nothing?

I'm a secondary character at best, generic filler character at worst.

Or, your normal life would be a welcome respite for someone that lives a far to stressful or tragic existence. It really is all in how you look at things.
Mar 25, 2020 12:06 AM

Mar 2018
I'lll take one giant robot to go please.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
38 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

20 by Poydoo »»
10 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
10 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

40 by redorzo »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.