Forum Settings
Forums

'Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash' Announces Cast

New
Mar 24, 2020 5:20 PM
Jan 2017
The official Mobile Suit Gundam YouTube channel announced the main cast for the Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash anime film trilogy during a livestream event on Wednesday. A second preview, new key visual (pictured right), and the theme song artist were also unveiled. The first film in the trilogy will premiere in Japan on July 23.

Synopsis
—Do you know the Nejen?
If you know it, then I'll take you there—

The year is U.C. 0105. Twelve years have passed since the end of the second Neo Zeon War (Char's Rebellion). Even after "the Axis Shock," which seemed to indicate the future of humanity and the Universal Century, the world is still in a chaotic situation where intermittent military conflicts continue to break out. The Earth Federation government is more corrupt than ever, and its leadership has not only accelerated Earth's pollution, but also implemented an inhuman "Man Hunting" policy in which civilians are forcibly exiled to outer space.

The anti-Federation government organization "Mafty," led by someone called "Mafty Navue Erin," has taken a stand against the corruption of the Earth Sphere. Mafty carries out fierce acts of terrorism, assassinating high officials of the Federation government one after another, but it gains a certain level of support from the populace who are growing more opposed to the Federation government.

The person who calls himself "Mafty" and leads this organization is Hathaway Noa, the son of Bright Noa, an officer of the Earth Federation Forces who once participated in the One Year War. Hathaway himself joined the forces trying to stop Char's Rebellion. With firsthand knowledge of the ideals and ideologies of Amuro Ray and Char Aznable, he has become a warrior following in their footsteps, and plans to clear a path forward through armed resistance. His destiny, however, is drastically altered as he encounters the Federation Forces officer Kenneth Sleg and a mysterious young beauty named Gigi Andalucia. (Source: Gundam Global Portal)

Cast
Hathaway Noa (Mafty Navue Erin): Kensho Ono (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze)
Gigi Andalucia: Reina Ueda (Darwin's Game)
Kenneth Sleg: Junichi Suwabe (ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka)

Previously announced staff at Sunrise include director Shukou Murase (Gyakustatsu Kikan) and scriptwriter Yasuyuki Mutou (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn). pablo uchida (Gundam: G no Reconguista design works), Naoyuki Onda (Shingeki no Bahamut), and Shigeki Kuhara (Escaflowne key animation) will serve as the character designers.

The first film's theme song will be performed by Japanese rock band Alexandros.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash is based on novels written by Yoshiyuki Tomino. A total of three volumes were published by Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko between February 1989 and April 1990. The film trilogy was announced in November 2018 as part of the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise's 40th anniversary.

Source: Gundam.Info
Mar 24, 2020 5:23 PM

Nov 2007
Mecha is saved by Mecha that matters.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2020 5:31 PM

Jun 2016
I really like Suwabe and the other two are solid as well from what I've seen. Now sunrise needs to adapt Char's deleted affair while Ikeda is still alive and I won't demand any more UC.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 24, 2020 6:36 PM

May 2013
Let us hope beyond hope that this is better than NT.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 24, 2020 9:34 PM

May 2008
This actually looks GOOD. It's been 100 years...my god. Then again Iron Blooded Orphans wasn't too bad.

Mar 24, 2020 10:08 PM

Sep 2011
God that poster is beautiful
Kaymyu said:
This actually looks GOOD. It's been 100 years...my god. Then again Iron Blooded Orphans wasn't too bad.
IBO was a while ago now, and it was so divisive its either people's favorite or least favorite so its overdue for a good gundam entry

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 25, 2020 12:34 AM

Apr 2015
Is that the RX-105 or the Penelope on the poster there? Hard to tell.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 25, 2020 12:37 AM

Jan 2009
damn the old school character design is awesome
Mar 25, 2020 6:36 AM

Feb 2017
Amazing stuff. One of the best posters I've seen in a while. Waiting for the BDs will be painful.

Tropisch said:
Is that the RX-105 or the Penelope on the poster there? Hard to tell.

It's Penelope. Xi doesn't have that thing above it head. Sunrise also shared a design.
TsarkoMar 25, 2020 6:39 AM
Mar 25, 2020 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
Alpha_Trannery said:
Let us hope beyond hope that this is better than NT.

Not a high bar tbh.
This being a trilogy already makes it better for me lol.

Mar 25, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2015
vanillaguard said:

director Shukou Murase (Gyakustatsu Kikan)

No wonder I thought some of the visual style looked very similar.
Apr 1, 2020 7:02 AM
Sep 2017
KONO HATHAWAY NOA NIWA YUME GA ARU

IS THAT JOJOKES ?
Apr 1, 2020 7:04 AM
Sep 2017
So, this isn't first time that Gigi and Kenneth's voice actor meet together (1st is kimetsu no yaiba, 2nd is listeners)

And Kenneth meet Hathaway in Golden Wind, KNB, and Magi
Apr 1, 2020 9:03 PM

Sep 2018
Really watching the PV looks like Gundam meets 007. Suwabe looks cool with his character as always.
Apr 7, 2020 1:26 AM

Jan 2010
Hell yeah Junichi Suwabe.
Apr 7, 2020 2:24 PM

Dec 2017
JOJOKES!! Ok no. Of the cast yes, no complaints.

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
6 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
10 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.