Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2020 10:50 AM

Mar 2019
Hello,
After a whole lot of "Why you should watch One piece" articles and videos, i've finally decided to start watching it. So One Piece fans, is it any special tips, tricks or information I should know before watching the show?
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2020 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Just be yourself.

///////////////
Mar 22, 2020 10:59 AM

Sep 2019
Just one helpful tip....read the manga.
Mar 22, 2020 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
Watch the 4Kids into, at least once. Then watch a fan made 4Kids intro for Evangelion.

Mar 22, 2020 11:02 AM

Jun 2016
Here's what I think after watching 320 episodes: Early episodes are extremely fun, goes downhill on sky island, picks up and becomes better than ever once that's over. Filler arcs contribute nothing to the experience and some of them are extremely poor.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 22, 2020 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
Just watch the movies in between every 50 episodes
Mar 22, 2020 11:03 AM
Mar 2018
If you are into manga, I'd suggest you read its manga tbh(that way you would be able to catch up pretty quickly) Just check the difference in scores between the manga and anime. Also, One piece anime progresses slowly.
Mar 22, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2019
SadisticSougo said:
Just one helpful tip....read the manga.

Well, the problem is that I don't find manga as enjoyable as anime. But if I would, i woulda totally went for that.
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2019
Up until episode 517, watch the anime (including the filler arcs because they're very good), then the pacing starts to slow down and you might get annoyed/lose interest. If that happens, then switch to either one of the following (or both):

1- The manga
2- One Pace

One Pace is basically a fan-edited version of One Piece where they remove every filler scene and stretched out scenes to make the pacing the same as the manga. It's pretty decent.

---

And never ever ever EVER search stuff about One Piece on the internet because then you're guaranteed to get spoiler bombed.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 22, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2019
FacelessVixen said:
Watch the 4Kids into, at least once. Then watch a fan made 4Kids intro for Evangelion.
well well, that was... something...
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 11:07 AM

Oct 2019
-Watch the 4kids op
-Keep track of fillers
-Switch to the manga if you feel like the pacing is too slow for you.
Mar 22, 2020 11:07 AM

Sep 2014
Don't binge watch in a rush, take your time.
You can skip the intro, you could save a few minutes per episodes. (skip to title screen)
Skip the filler in the east blue arc (episode 50 something to 60 something). This is the worst filler ever,
The other fillers arcs are actually worth watching I recommend trying them and skip them only if they bore you.
Mar 22, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2017
the manga is definitely better and much better an investment but if you'd like to watch the anime sites like https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Story_Arcs and https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece are extremely useful to filter out fillers.

Apart from that http://onepace.net/ is a shortened, compact version of the anime if you're not into big arcs with countless rambling.

More than anything, have fun. Whether you feel its excessively long or boring checking it out for a few eps wouldn't be bad.
Mar 22, 2020 11:11 AM

Mar 2019
1Kyo said:
Reading the Manga is definitely a better time investment, but if you're not into that, I'd say a tip you could use is to use the episode guide on One Piece wikia to keep you motivated: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

It even informs you on what is filler and what is canon, if you're interested in that.
Is the light blue arcs filler? Was a bit hard understanding the navigation.
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
Hrybami said:
You can skip the intro, you could save a few minutes per episodes. (skip to title screen)
Skip the filler in the east blue arc (episode 50 something to 60 something). This is the worst filler ever,
The other fillers arcs are actually worth watching I recommend trying them and skip them only if they bore you.

The filler with Apis was so boring.I regret having to sit though that,it was the most dragged out thing ever.
Mar 22, 2020 11:12 AM

Dec 2019
No trick from me...I just love the show.

so yeah I used to spent 2-3 month back in 2011 just on the run whole day watching One Piece or gaming ...by that time the show is like 500+ of episodes.
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Mar 22, 2020 11:13 AM
May 2019
Buy tons of energy drinks, cancel all upcoming events for atleast two months, buy a new comfortable sofa and start binging. It's really slowpaced and goingslow and steady with it isnt really a option
Mar 22, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2019
nanimeanswhat said:
Up until episode 517, watch the anime (including the filler arcs because they're very good), then the pacing starts to slow down and you might get annoyed/lose interest. If that happens, then switch to either one of the following (or both):

1- The manga
2- One Pace

One Pace is basically a fan-edited version of One Piece where they remove every filler scene and stretched out scenes to make the pacing the same as the manga. It's pretty decent.

---

And never ever ever EVER search stuff about One Piece on the internet because then you're guaranteed to get spoiler bombed.

Where can i find the One pace version tho?
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2016
Of course it's recommendable to skip some fillers but you don't need to skip all of them.The G-8 filler is extremely well regarded,so there is some really good ones in there that you wouldn´t want to miss out.
Mar 22, 2020 11:16 AM

Sep 2014
Missaliensan said:
Hrybami said:

The filler with Apis was so boring.I regret having to sit though that,it was the most dragged out thing ever.

Why did you have to watch it? lol just skip it
Mar 22, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
Hrybami said:
Missaliensan said:

Why did you have to watch it? lol just skip it

I really just wanted to sit through everything.I felt bad about skipping anything lol,i wanted to get the full experience.Which is why i went ahead and opted to watch the whole thing instead of watching a shortened version such as one pace.
Mar 22, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2019
Zealox23 said:
Buy tons of energy drinks, cancel all upcoming events for atleast two months, buy a new comfortable sofa and start binging. It's really slowpaced and goingslow and steady with it isnt really a option

According to https://www.bingeclock.com/m/s/one-piece/ it takes just under 17 days to finish, sooo i could, now that it's corona holidays...
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
x0e said:
nanimeanswhat said:

1- The manga
2- One Pace

---

There are torrents available.
But I didn't recommend One Pace honestly. But to each their own I guess.
If you skip the intro to the title screen and you skip the outro. Each episodes last for 18 minutes approximately. Which is easier to watch and this way you could catch more quickly.

One Pace episode are 35-50 minutes of 2 or 3 episodes. It's kinda useless I think.
KryzakamiHrybamiMar 22, 2020 11:24 AM
Mar 22, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2019
Repporeeve said:

so yeah I used to spent 2-3 month back in 2011 just on the run whole day watching One Piece or gaming ...by that time the show is like 500+ of episodes.

That actually sounds really relaxing...
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
If you're into manga, I suggest you read the manga instead, and only watching specific scenes and arcs in the anime.

removed-userMar 22, 2020 11:33 AM
Mar 22, 2020 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
This self-isolation crap is really making people do some crazy shit...
Mar 22, 2020 11:38 AM
May 2019
x0e said:
Zealox23 said:

According to https://www.bingeclock.com/m/s/one-piece/ it takes just under 17 days to finish, sooo i could, now that it's corona holidays...
I mean sure you if you don't mind watching 18 hours a day for 17 days like a mad person. Fun fact it took me a whole month and a half last year to catch up and i was going way past binging capability to do that so good luck.
Mar 22, 2020 11:46 AM

Apr 2012
Beyond episode 400 would recommend watching One Pace too, in the long run you save the time of 200+ episodes of Toei shinaneagans, it's crazy.
Mar 22, 2020 11:47 AM

Dec 2019
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
This self-isolation crap is really making people do some crazy shit...

WHAT THE FUCK!!! TAKA-CHIN!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT I SEE THIS IS NOT TAKA-CHIN ISN''t IT ????!! AND 4 FRENCH BREAD FOR 4 HOURS!!! OMG!!!!!!!

Mar 22, 2020 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
As an anime watcher, I have only experienced it through the audiovisual media.

1. The show is really slowpaced, you could think twice about it, but if you go ahead, I'll recommend you to skip the filler arcs and skip the summary of the episodes at the beginning.

2. Reading the manga is such a greater option

3. The shorter version is another option, One Pace, despite being honest, I haven't tried it

4. The only relevant movies are "Stron World", "Film Z" and "Gold", the others are up to you
Mar 22, 2020 11:50 AM

Dec 2019
x0e said:
Repporeeve said:

That actually sounds really relaxing...

Yes buddy! That time I have a part time job where I can just going to work whenever I want~yeap..hella snack,sweet,cola, and deepshit of depression? hell yeah!

Mar 22, 2020 11:54 AM

Dec 2019
Zealox23 said:
x0e said:

I mean sure you if you don't mind watching 18 hours a day for 17 days like a mad person. Fun fact it took me a whole month and a half last year to catch up and i was going way past binging capability to do that so good luck.

Lets try doing this again on full re-run Dragon Ball or Detective Conan?! XD

Mar 22, 2020 12:02 PM

Oct 2010
instead of watching 1 episode a day, watch 2-3 a day for a better experience
Mar 22, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2019
2-3 a day?

HOW ABOUT 12-15episodes a day?

Mar 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Jan 2010
Take your time and don't ever force yourself to watch if you no longer want to continue. Take a break, watch other anime. It would be a very very long journey. So, don't push yourself just to catch up asap.

I haven't watched One Piece for years. The last episode I watched was episode 706. And I'm fine by it. Only know that I'll eventually continue once I got the mood.

I took one super long break just before Sabaody. About one or two years. And then I picked up again until I reached Dressrosa iirc.

I didn't remember much but I did took breaks and taking my time in watching it. I watched it per arc. That's how I usually watch long running.
Mar 22, 2020 12:09 PM

May 2019
x0e said:
nanimeanswhat said:

1- The manga
2- One Pace

---

Just write One Pace in google and you'll be fine.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 22, 2020 12:16 PM
May 2019
Repporeeve said:
Zealox23 said:

Dragon ball..................................
Mar 22, 2020 12:17 PM

May 2014
The trick is to read One Piece, not watch it.
Mar 22, 2020 12:23 PM

Dec 2019
Zealox23 said:
Repporeeve said:

Yyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss............... ~~ XD

Mar 22, 2020 12:24 PM

Dec 2019
Zealox23 said:
Repporeeve said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeess~~ the whole of em re-run... XD

Mar 22, 2020 12:28 PM

Dec 2019
For me it was a great experience plus you started at a time where there are 900+ episodes already aired lol, if you ever find the animation bad just keep on watching it will get better and better, but yea there are some fillers that are dumb but for me i never skipped them there are some funny moments and good fights in them so i recommend you watch them.
                                                         đź–¤   

Mar 22, 2020 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
Everything I wanted to say was already mentioned, just here to congratulate you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 22, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
It started off a little slow for me, like it picked up at around episode 20 with the Baratie Arc. I feel like the longer the show goes on for the better it gets. Just my opinion as I am not caught up or anything and am at almost episode 700 so I can't talk for the later arcs.
SevenMar 22, 2020 12:42 PM
Mar 22, 2020 12:32 PM
May 2019
Repporeeve said:
Zealox23 said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeess~~ the whole of em re-run... XD
yo what is going on here i dont understand
Mar 22, 2020 12:33 PM

Aug 2016
You make it sound like there's some sort of skill curve to watching anime.
Mar 22, 2020 12:34 PM

Jun 2019
I re-started One Piece at ep 18 a few months back (not re-watching it, I started watching last year and put it on hold at episode 17) and have been watching a few eps a day for the last while. It's classic fun shounen, with some of the best villains I've ever come across.

Recently, since ep 60 I've been getting more and more into the storyline and character back stories, so I've found myself spending hours at a time binge watching. I'm only at ep 89 atm & am look forward to meeting all the crew members and finding out where the next adventure will lead the Straw Hat Pirates.

There's never been a better time to get into a long running shounen and try and catch up to everyone else.
Mar 22, 2020 12:38 PM

Dec 2019
23feanor said:
I re-started One Piece at ep 18 a few months back (not re-watching it, I started watching last year and put it on hold at episode 17) and have been watching a few eps a day for the last while. It's classic fun shounen, with some of the best villains I've ever come across.

Recently, since ep 60 I've been getting more and more into the storyline and character back stories, so I've found myself spending hours at a time binge watching. I'm only at ep 89 atm & am look forward to meeting all the crew members and finding out where the next adventure will lead the Straw Hat Pirates.

There's never been a better time to get into a long running shounen and try and catch up to everyone else.

I mean It's good anime after all isn't it?quite decent storyline and comical despite there is few little cliche but totally worth it than other long run shounen.

Mar 22, 2020 12:44 PM
Nov 2019
Hrybami said:

if u wanna have a good time in this anime,Lisen to this man,well said

Mar 22, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2019
Atlas77 said:
As an anime watcher, I have only experienced it through the audiovisual media.

1. The show is really slowpaced, you could think twice about it, but if you go ahead, I'll recommend you to skip the filler arcs and skip the summary of the episodes at the beginning.

2. Reading the manga is such a greater option

3. The shorter version is another option, One Pace, despite being honest, I haven't tried it

4. The only relevant movies are "Stron World", "Film Z" and "Gold", the others are up to you

fancyjasper said:
The trick is to read One Piece, not watch it.

Gythia said:
If you're into manga, I suggest you read the manga instead, and only watching specific scenes and arcs in the anime.

Mr_Sakata said:
the manga is definitely better and much better an investment but if you'd like to watch the anime sites like https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Story_Arcs and https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece are extremely useful to filter out fillers.

Apart from that http://onepace.net/ is a shortened, compact version of the anime if you're not into big arcs with countless rambling.

More than anything, have fun. Whether you feel its excessively long or boring checking it out for a few eps wouldn't be bad.

So heard a lot that the manga is better, but i personally feel it's easier to watch anime and come into it that way than reading the manga. I just don't get the same feels reading as watching. so idk if i should take the time to read the manga or watch the anime..

edit:
Well, i started reading a few chapters and i really enjoyed it, so will probably start reading and watching a few episodes here and there
x0eMar 23, 2020 2:49 AM
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 4:08 PM

Mar 2019
Hrybami said:

Idk if i would skip the opening, afterall i've heard a lot of positive things about the One piece openings. But i'm prepared to waste a year of my life for this tho.
Because I wouldn't.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miked - Aug 19, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 365 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Aug 12, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 364 Discussion

Somebody - Aug 5, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jul 24, 2008

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.