Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (198) « First ... « 184 185 [186] 187 188 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
As someone that has also difficulties in finding friends on his young age.

You know, when you get older. You'll realize that self happiness is golden.
Forcing relationships is too tiring especially if you force yourself to get one.

The thing is, if you don't have happiness when you are alone, you can't just go and have it on others.
What's really depressing is not having a friends, but not having happy when your alone.

Once you become self sufficient, finding friends will be easier.

Also I think its fine, If you become an adult. Friends are rare!
The point where the darkness lies
Is the place I hide my true self
Are you prepared to open your eyes?
Cause between those line is yourself
Feb 27, 2020 6:39 PM
Feb 2020
keySL said:

Forcing relationships is too tiring especially if you force yourself to get one.

The thing is, if you don't have happiness when you are alone, you can't just go and have it on others.
What's really depressing is not having a friends, but not having happy when your alone.

Well I've been alone for too long. I was fine with it for 1-2 years but I have been getting sick of it. It is not good for anyone to be alone for too long it messes you up. Your post reminds me of that Sartre quote (fuck Sartre btw): "If you're lonely when you're alone, you're in bad company.” I am in bad company. I hate my company. My internal monologue has been tearing me apart. I notice that I am usually fine around other people though. People aren't meant to be isolated.
You are right that self-sufficiency is the only way but I hate how long that will take I will be out of school by then. Need to get a job and car so I can get the fuck out of this suburban burger punk hell heap.
AssinghamFeb 27, 2020 6:46 PM
Feb 27, 2020 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
xxBenisxx said:
keySL said:

Well I've been alone for too long. I was fine with it for 1-2 years but I have been getting sick of it. It is not good for anyone to be alone for too long it messes you up. Your post reminds me of that Sartre quote (fuck Sartre btw): "If you're lonely when you're alone, you're in bad company.” I am in bad company. I hate my company. My internal monologue has been tearing me apart. I notice that I am usually fine around other people though. People aren't meant to be isolated.
You are right that self-sufficiency is the only way but I hate how long that will take I will be out of school by then. Need to get a job and car so I can get the fuck out of this suburban burger punk hell heap.

I think youre too conscious about having no friends and it messes you up. That's why you think you're bad at human interactions and small talk.

Saying Act natural is what usually people will say regarding this but that is easier to said than done.

I mma tell you since thats what I also thinked from the past,
Having a job will only make friends harder by 10x. Less social interaction, more responsibilities. lol

Perhaps the best first step is to get out of your comfort zone.
Go to a tabletop cafe, Try to go to a music or language class or something. Try to socialize at strangers first. Its easier than an already acquaintance.
The point where the darkness lies
Is the place I hide my true self
Are you prepared to open your eyes?
Cause between those line is yourself
Feb 27, 2020 7:07 PM

Feb 2020
Find a hobby club! It's much easier to talk about something in common everyone shares. Hobbies that you have will attract personalities or others who share values like yourself.
Feb 27, 2020 7:10 PM
Feb 2020
keySL said:
xxBenisxx said:

I think youre too conscious about having no friends and it messes you up. That's why you think you're bad at human interactions and small talk.

Saying Act natural is what usually people will say regarding this but that is easier to said than done.

I mma tell you since thats what I also thinked from the past,
Having a job will only make friends harder by 10x. Less social interaction, more responsibilities. lol

Perhaps the best first step is to get out of your comfort zone.
Go to a tabletop cafe, Try to go to a music or language class or something. Try to socialize at strangers first. Its easier than an already acquaintance.

I don't have anything like that near me I told you I live in a suburban hell heap.
Feb 27, 2020 9:08 PM

Apr 2014
I highly recommend going to therapy.
Feb 27, 2020 9:29 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Hey man

You just needa find things that you're interested in and go to clubs/events that require that, then just strike up conversation. Normally it's easy to find new friends if you have something in common with you just gotta go to the place.

I think it's partly due to learning to just become confident. Like it's not easy..it really isn't easy, however it's what you have to learn to be able to make it easier on yourself. Also try yo best to ignore gender when making friends, never look towards the wanting sex, it's easier to try keep a mindset of just having common interests with the people around you, and you slowly work around the people in that

Even finding 1 person you can try find a friendship is great, cause if it clicks well you'll end up getting to the circle phase where you jsut start naturally meeting new people, it doesn't matter that people have their own groups, if it clicks it all works out and you become that group.

Sometimes no matter who you are talking to it may not just click, and that is OK!! People with a mindset of expecting closeness with every single person is retarded and isn't gonna work out well, however if you do click that's an easy friendship right there. This includes offline and online.

I can't remember what i rambled about but.....

tl:dr, go to places where people have similar interests, gain confidence to talk to them, click, become buddies, get in circle....profit.

GL OP!

Feb 27, 2020 11:03 PM

Oct 2013
Wouldn't know. I have major trust issues and phobias when it comes to dealing with other people due to past events I'd rather not talk about. Literally everyone I've actually gotten to know well enough to consider a friend made the first move. If the hadn't I'd be a lot more isolated and anti-social than I currently am. Not that I never leave the house or anything, but when I do I generally only talk to people when I feel I absolutely have to. Though I 'm trying to get better with this.
FanofActionFeb 27, 2020 11:07 PM
Feb 28, 2020 12:40 AM

Jan 2020
You can check out subreddits like r/MeetPeople, r/MakeNewFriendsHere, r/NeedAFriend, etc. Look at the posts people have made and DM those that live in your city and/or have listed some of their interests that are similar to your own. I feel like it's a lot easier to talk to and get to know people online rather than face-to-face, and if you do ever meet them in person, it will be easier to have a conversation with them since you've already gotten to know them a little. It may not work for everyone but I've actually made a couple of friends this way.

Feb 28, 2020 2:59 AM

Apr 2011
Why go out, when you can play video games instead? Outdoor activities are **** anyway.
Feb 28, 2020 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Stop caring about making friends. Rather, focus and pursue your interests and hobbies instead. If likeminded people come along who have the same type of passion you do for the things that you love, then you've just made new friends. If it's a connectivity issue, as you've put, then that is a little more problematic. I'm also a bit socially isolated/detached, and find it hard to make friends with other people. Especially if I don't know them all that well. The thing about friendships and relationships is that they become extremely more difficult to obtain if they are pressured or forced out of desperation. Rather, play it cool, and just let these things come to you.
Feb 28, 2020 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Ryagan said:

this is actually great advice. even if you're not suffering from anything like the usual depression or anxiety, a lot of people go to therapy just to keep their mind healthy or for some clarity in life. one of my best friends was my therapist
Feb 28, 2020 9:24 AM
Feb 2020
Ryagan said:

Yeah I was considering this as a last resort desu might end up trying it I have a lot of issues. How helpful is therapy? @korishi

Feb 28, 2020 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
@xxBenisxx depends if you want to be helped. also, the relationship between therapist and client is very important. if you don't like him/her it's not going to work. but if you settle in well after a few sessions, you really start to learn more about yourself. worth it imo.
Feb 28, 2020 1:16 PM
Feb 2020
Korishi said:
@xxBenisxx depends if you want to be helped. also, the relationship between therapist and client is very important. if you don't like him/her it's not going to work. but if you settle in well after a few sessions, you really start to learn more about yourself. worth it imo.

But how does it help you? I feel like I already know too much about myself and I already know what my issues are.
Feb 28, 2020 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
xxBenisxx said:
Korishi said:

But how does it help you? I feel like I already know too much about myself and I already know what my issues are.

then you should be able to fix your issues yourself right? well no, that's why we seek professional help lol. I'm not really going to make a case for psychology here but it's personally been effective and beneficial to me. if it evidently works that's all that I care about.
in the end it's up to you though.
Feb 28, 2020 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
xxBenisxx said:
I have completely forgotten how to make friends. Like what does one even say to random people? Most people already seem to have their own groups I wouldn't even know how to spontaneously jump into their convo. Most of the time I'm not even particularly interested in what is being said to add anything. I find it hard connecting with others because most people don't have remotely the same interests as I do.
I know I've made a series of embarrassing threads as of late I am just under a lot of anxiety, sexual frustration, and bitterness I feel really helpless and don't have anyone to talk to.

Try joining a book club or a running group something like that. There's website/apps to find these kind of things
Feb 29, 2020 2:02 AM

Sep 2014
Posts #9421-9451 merged from another thread
Mar 10, 2020 3:50 PM

May 2018
I need random answers to help me make a decision- Which college should I go to for my A-Levels? Strode or Yeovil
Mar 10, 2020 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
Seijatachiiii said:
I need random answers to help me make a decision- Which college should I go to for my A-Levels? Strode or Yeovil

Go with whichever one you live closest to.
Mar 10, 2020 4:41 PM

May 2013
Well, here goes.

For the past few days I have had breathing problems. I get out of breath doing anything really. Yesterday when lifting boxes at work I collapsed but didn't black out. I am now having coughing fits and a fever.

Should I be scared?

I like to think I am a rational person but I am obviously a super paranoid one. I am gonna monitor myself for a few days.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 10, 2020 9:05 PM

May 2016
Alpha_Trannery said:
Well, here goes.

For the past few days I have had breathing problems. I get out of breath doing anything really. Yesterday when lifting boxes at work I collapsed but didn't black out. I am now having coughing fits and a fever.

Should I be scared?

I like to think I am a rational person but I am obviously a super paranoid one. I am gonna monitor myself for a few days.

Corona virus has a 3% fatality rate and it is usually old people. You'll be fine... I doubt you are 60+
Mar 10, 2020 9:16 PM

May 2013
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Alpha_Trannery said:
Well, here goes.

Should I be scared?

Corona virus has a 3% fatality rate and it is usually old people. You'll be fine... I doubt you are 60+

True but there is concern still. Like I am not sure the 3% is accurate and I am operating under that. Kinda prepare for the worst scenario.

Likelihood I will live but there are other concerns. Like passing it to others through work or forced quarantine is something I financially cannot afford.

Stress exacerbating rationality essentially.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 10, 2020 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Trannery said:
Well, here goes.

Should I be scared?

Oh no why is something always trying to kill you, Alpha? 😭

vivi_chan_ said:
How do I get a straight girl to like me?

Tickle her and try to kiss her. Make an excuse if she rejects you.
Mar 11, 2020 12:55 AM

Oct 2015
vivi_chan_ said:
How do I get a straight girl to like me?

The hard reality is that you should probably give up. If you're gonna be happy just being close to her platonically then you may do that. But if it's gonna hurt you further then perhaps it's for the best for you to not get too intimate. Sorry to hear that btw. I know that feeling, not a very pleasant one.

@Alpha_Trannery I don't know what to say exactly but no one would blame you for wanting to go to work still. The US's paid leave policy (lack thereof) is a fkn joke, forcing people to compromise on their health and safety of everyone. Hopefully it's not as alarming as Covid, but in the following days depending on the conditions of the symptoms you may want to notify health officials for a test. I've heard being qualified for a test is not a smooth or quick process and you may not even get to be tested, so unless with severe symptoms it may be a waste of time to apply for one. I'm sorry you have to go to through this.
Mar 11, 2020 7:25 AM

May 2013
@FlowersInTheRain lol, didn’t you know? My life is a circus of wild happenings.

@Auron_ That’s been my plan. To see if I can wait out whatever is wrong with me. The thing that makes me big scared is that coronavirus has already afflicted my town. I live in Cali so of course we would get hit.

And yeah I would get no paid sick leave. I do have enough savings to last me if worst comes to worst. But those savings can’t cover tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills if I am quarantined without my consent.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 12, 2020 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Ok, so is a little weird. I sometimes upload very amateurish videos on Youtube and I share them in a YT forum. There I met this guy who has a channel on his own and he is looking for someone to write his scripts. He would pay me (very little) money per script, but I will get more when the channel becomes really successful. We talked on the phone about this, but I realized that I absolutely HATE his content. All he does is clickbait videos and trashy stuff to get clicks. Basically, his videos are based on popular keywords, so all he does look for things that could possibly go viral. He knows how trashy his videos are, but he doesn't care. He even told me how he steals other people's scripts and video ideas. I honestly couldn't believe what I heard. Anyway, I told him repeatedly that this is not my style of video making, but he tried to appeal to my sense of ambition like "oh, but don't you want to have more clicks too? Isn't that why everyone makes YT videos?" I think he even tried to make me feel bad, because he told me he has ADHD and he can't focus on writing a long text and I'm the only one who showed any sign for this project. But here is the thing: even If I'd make some decent money of his channel, I don't even want to be associated with this guy, it's like making videos together with Logan Paul or something. Anyway, he wants to talk to me later this evening and I need some help, he just doesn't ease off and I don't know what to tell him. And I'd prefer not to just block him (even though that's really compelling...).
AshitaNoJonasMar 13, 2020 2:31 AM
Mar 12, 2020 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
Well, the choice is up to you.

If you're really against his channel and his policies, I'd recommend politely declining his offer.

Mar 12, 2020 12:13 PM

Feb 2015
Seiya said:

If you're really against his channel and his policies, I'd recommend politely declining his offer.

I already did, but he tried to convince me for over an hour.
Mar 12, 2020 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
AshitaNoJonas said:
Seiya said:

I already did, but he tried to convince me for over an hour.

Well then, I'd just ignore him at this point.

Mar 12, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2016
You wouldn't want to work with dirty mongrels, would you?
The dude is trying to manipulate you into doing his bidding.
Just tell him to fuck off, mate.
Mar 12, 2020 12:29 PM

Oct 2012
Make your own decision. lol wtf? Do you need random strangers online to manage your YouTube channel? If I convince you for over an hour to have sex with me, are you going to change your mind because "omg an hour!!", or are you going to block me and report me to the Feds? -- Although, it's a wonder why you haven't blocked him in the first place.

It's like getting a stalker in one of those scary movies, and you open up your bedroom curtain from the second floor balcony and yell out, "Okay, you can stalk me, but just for an hour!" (wink)

And Jason's just standing there expressionless with his hockey mask.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 12, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
wherever there is money there is a way. if you dislike his content, ask him to pay you more.
Mar 12, 2020 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Isn't that how most Youtubers "create" their content nowadays? For example, there was an increase of minimalism-related videos, most of them has the same concept. With how much they earn, I really don't think they're practicing minimalist lifestyle on a daily basis lol. I suggest you work on building your own, err your term - amateurish videos, and terminate all contacts with him while it's still early.
Mar 12, 2020 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
katsucats said:
Make your own decision. lol wtf? Do you need random strangers online to manage your YouTube channel? If I convince you for over an hour to have sex with me, are you going to change your mind because "omg an hour!!", or are you going to block me and report me to the Feds? -- Although, it's a wonder why you haven't blocked him in the first place.

It's like getting a stalker in one of those scary movies, and you open up your bedroom curtain from the second floor balcony and yell out, "Okay, you can stalk me, but just for an hour!" (wink)

And Jason's just standing there expressionless with his hockey mask.

I think you misread something. He approached me to manage his videos, not vice versa. I just felt bad for him and didn't want to be impolite. He seems like a pretty pathetic guy who does everything for attention and he just wouldn't let me go. I only managed to stop the phone call because I had an appointment. Anyway, I just wrote him a huge-ass message on Discord, I hope he stops bothering me now.
Mar 12, 2020 4:57 PM

Aug 2015
It is called establishing proper boundaries.

You allow people to walk all over you because you are a decent empathetic person, and you mistakenly project that on to other people.

You must learn to enforce your boundaries.

If you continue to fail to enforce your boundaries you will forever be giving in to people and being manipulated easily.

The truth is, you really are better than some other people, and you must not allow them on the same level. That level is reserved for those who have earned that level.

Stop being such a pussy, and cut off that shit like a boss.

After the initial self doubts you will learn a valuable lesson.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Mar 12, 2020 8:05 PM

Jul 2019
Ask him for an exaggerated raise and if he doesn't comply just say you see no reason to partner with him, hang up and feel satisfied. If he tries to call back or insists a lot just threaten him you are going to block him. If you feel guilty, just don't.
Mar 13, 2020 2:30 AM

Feb 2015
The issue seems to be solved now. Thanks for your input, guys.
Mar 13, 2020 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
AshitaNoJonas said:
I got pretty invested. Could you give an update on how it ended? For the sake of closure?
Mar 13, 2020 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
Posts #9461-9473 merged from another thread
Mar 15, 2020 5:32 PM

Feb 2015
operationvalkyri said:
AshitaNoJonas said:
I got pretty invested. Could you give an update on how it ended? For the sake of closure?

I didn't want to call this guy again, so I just wrote him a message. I told him that I don't like clickbait videos and think his mindset is morally wrong. He told me that I'm just a dreamer and will never become popular this way (which I don't even want to), but he left me alone after that.
Mar 15, 2020 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
AshitaNoJonas said:
operationvalkyri said:

I didn't want to call this guy again, so I just wrote him a message. I told him that I don't like clickbait videos and think his mindset is morally wrong. He told me that I'm just a dreamer and will never become popular this way (which I don't even want to), but he left me alone after that.
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you were honest with him. Don't listen to his disses about being a dreamer. Those with principles are always more successful than those without. One just needs to work hard to be successful.
Mar 15, 2020 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Trannery said:
Well, here goes.

Should I be scared?

I hope you're doing OK. Did you get a test done?
Mar 15, 2020 8:28 PM

May 2013
operationvalkyri said:
Alpha_Trannery said:
Well, here goes.

Should I be scared?

I was refused the test. They said because of my age I am "low priority" and wouldn't give me one.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 15, 2020 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Trannery said:
operationvalkyri said:

I was refused the test. They said because of my age I am "low priority" and wouldn't give me one.
What the hell? Didnt Trump say "Whoever needs test can get test,"? The bastard. This leaves you in limbo I'm sure, without the option of a sick leave. I hope you are able to take care of yourself.
Mar 15, 2020 8:41 PM

May 2013
operationvalkyri said:
Alpha_Trannery said:

What the hell? Didnt Trump say "Whoever needs test can get test,"? The bastard. This leaves you in limbo I'm sure, without the option of a sick leave. I hope you are able to take care of yourself.

Lol, good thing I don't follow politics or I would be even more disappointed. All of them are lying pedophiles anyway.

And yeah, I am trying to take care of myself. At least my co workers are taking it seriously and avoiding me like the plague. But not taking it seriously enough to cover my shifts so I need to work anyway.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 15, 2020 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Trannery said:
operationvalkyri said:

Lol, good thing I don't follow politics or I would be even more disappointed. All of them are lying pedophiles anyway.

And yeah, I am trying to take care of myself. At least my co workers are taking it seriously and avoiding me like the plague. But not taking it seriously enough to cover my shifts so I need to work anyway.
Wow. It seems like the US have worse labour policies than Pakistan. Go figure. Definitely a worse response to the coronavirus than here. Anyone here can get a test done or get paid sick leave. Hang in there buddy. You've been through worse so you'll survive this. Drink plenty of fluids to flush it out.
Mar 15, 2020 9:30 PM

May 2013
operationvalkyri said:
Alpha_Trannery said:

Wow. It seems like the US have worse labour policies than Pakistan. Go figure. Definitely a worse response to the coronavirus than here. Anyone here can get a test done or get paid sick leave. Hang in there buddy. You've been through worse so you'll survive this. Drink plenty of fluids to flush it out.

Haha, thanks. I know in time everything will work out. Just gotta live through it all.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 17, 2020 5:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
socialhermit said:
How do I make friends? I'm lonely and don't know how to talk to people.
I'm definitely not a wikihow article, so I can only give some suggestions but...

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 23, 2020 8:34 AM

Nov 2019
My school program's big may exams are cancelled. Originally worth 80% of our marks, so I was literally studying only for the exam. Now however that it's cancelled, I'd have to rely on my current mark for two of the most important subjects I'm taking, which are math and physics, and both of which sucks.

So yeah, COVID-19 has basically forced me to quit my program, or risk the consequences of my underwhelming marks. Any tips to fix my life at this point?
Pages (198) « First ... « 184 185 [186] 187 188 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

668 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
3 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
3 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 10 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.