Forum Settings
Forums

'Ojamajo Doremi' Film 'Majo Minarai wo Sagashite' Reveals Supporting Cast

New
Mar 11, 2020 11:10 PM

Mar 2017
Three supporting cast members and a new key visual (pictured right) were revealed for Toei Animation's Majo Minarai wo Sagashite (Looking for Magical Doremi) on the film's official website Wednesday. The Ojamajo Doremi series film premieres on May 15 in Japan.

The latest news follows an announcement on February 28 that revealed the film's main cast, which features actress/model Aoi Morikawa, actress/singer Rena Matsui, and Momoiro Clover Z lead idol Kanako Momota. On Wednesday, the aforementioned trio was joined by actor/model Shouhei Miura, veteran voice actor Akira Ishida, and actor/musician Kenta Hamano.

Cast
Sora Nagase: Aoi Morikawa (Kakegurui live-action drama)
Mire Yoshizuki: Rena Matsui (Kuragehime live-action drama)
Reika Kawatani: Kanako Momota (Maku ga Agaru live-action film)
Ryuuichi Oomiya: Shouhei Miura (Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto live-action drama)
Hayato Yabe: Akira Ishida (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu)
Seiya Kubo: Kenta Hamano (Go! Go! Kadendanshi)

The voice cast of the witch apprentices from the original series will reprise their roles for the film.

Majo Minarai wo Sagashite was announced last March and is being produced for the 20th anniversary of the Ojamajo Doremi magical girl anime series, which began with a 51-episode season in February 1999. Three more seasons followed, along with multiple OVAs and films, and manga and light novel adaptations. A Flash-based web series, titled Ojamajo Doremi: Owarai Gekijou, premiered when the new film was unveiled, and streamed on Youtube once every two weeks for 26 episodes.

The team behind the film consists of staff who have previously contributed to the franchise, and includes Hiromi Seki (Digimon Adventure) planning, Junichi Satou (Aria the Origination) and Yuu Kamatani (Kyousou Giga episode director) splitting directorial duties, and Takashi Yamada (Lovely★Complex) writing the script.

Source: Animage Plus, Animage Plus 2
ImperfectBlueMar 11, 2020 11:51 PM
Mar 12, 2020 2:55 AM

Apr 2013
Can't wait for this movie to come out
Mar 12, 2020 5:10 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
OMG Doremi anime comeback after almost what, 20 years?? I know it's been continuing as manga(?) but this is amazing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2020 6:29 AM

Jun 2017
I hope I complete all of Ojamajo Doremi before its web release...
Mar 12, 2020 11:30 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
good to see Junichi Sato's still out there directing some gud animes

mhkr said:
I hope I complete all of Ojamajo Doremi before its web release...

yo same I'm still not done with the 2nd/Sharp season even after all these years lol

ChartTopper60 said:
OMG Doremi anime comeback after almost what, 20 years?? I know it's been continuing as manga(?) but this is amazing!

actually it's been light novels set after the last season, not manga.
Mar 12, 2020 12:15 PM
May 2016
I wish Doremi wasn't trapped under the foot of 4kids entertainment, and that I was able to easily watch the series on crunchyroll, blu ray, or HiDive.
Mar 12, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2017
Ojamajo Doremi is a cute anime. It’ll be interesting to see what the new film is going to look like.
Mar 12, 2020 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
No one can stop me from watching this.
Mar 13, 2020 1:46 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
NG_Chloe said:
I wish Doremi wasn't trapped under the foot of 4kids entertainment, and that I was able to easily watch the series on crunchyroll, blu ray, or HiDive.

yo same i'd really love to buy dvds of it uncut (yes, 4kids cut stuff out of the original series even though there's nothing really all that offensive about it, before anyone asks) cuz i'd really like to watch it again, but 4kids just has to continue being the bane of all otaku's existences....

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.