Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2020 9:51 AM
Mar 2020
I know you guys would say that it doesn't need a sequel or anything but I was just curious. Did Okabe Rintarou (Hououin Kyouma) accomplished changing the world's ruling structure like he said on the early episodes? How did he predicted that he'll fight an organization? Is he really copying it to what he watched before? Is it because there are connections to which Kurisu kissed Okabe on Steins;Gate movie? How did he get what Kurisu said on that time? Is it really the Y2K Scare that causes Okabe to get the Reading Steiner? Is it because the travellers have a purpose to be on Okabe's childhood like Kurisu kissing him, getting hit by a truck, or meeting Kagari on his childhood?? Did he became a dictator on the world to change the world's ruling structure? Did that Future Okabe affected his childhood past to create an effect about the Y2K Scare? Did he do something before the perfect ending (last episode) of Steins;Gate? How did they manage to make the Time Leap Machine to leap 2 weeks (or I think 1 week) in Steins;Gate 0?? How did they create the C204 (Time machine) without the use of compressor such as LHC (remember that they can go back to the future as demonstrated to the last 2 episodes of Steins;Gate)??? Did Daru not create a time machine but Okabe created one for some reason? Like all his friends died or have a world war or dystopia on that time??? Before doing such things? Did he became a politician? Did he abuse his power before something happens? And lastly,

If they create another sequel, could they beat the original Steins;Gate in terms of Rankings, feels, epicness, mystery and plot twists, and everything??

I have tons of questions not really answered to the sequel. I haven't read the visual novel or anything but the sequels doesn't really answer my questions, they have answers but it is lacking mostly when getting the reading steiner (which should be on the movie). Like seriously, just a kiss or getting hit by a truck to open his reading steiner? I know Suzuha and Kurisu created 2 worldlines on that time and Kurisu came from the future on that time when she kissed him, then? Is that really it? I know there should be a sequel to answer the questions of Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 that's why they leave the 0 more questions unanswered?

Remember, I haven't read the visual novel....
Mar 8, 2020 10:02 AM
Mar 2020
Actually, I am really not contented to the movie explanation nor both the Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0...

Leaping 3000+ times could be explainable, because it adjusts the conciousness and memody of the person and can leap to the time limitation tho... But, what happened in the Future in Steins;Gate worldline? Did the future Okabe replaced his conciousness to the past before the perfect ending happened? What happened before the beta Okabe takes the conciousness of Steins;Gate Okabe (or should we say Gamma I think?)? Please, if it doesn't need a sequel, then answer all my questions!
Mar 8, 2020 12:56 PM
Mar 2020
In addition, isn't Suzuha an important character for the development of Tennouji Yuugo (Mr. Braun)... I mean, the building he owned, the CRT TV workshop, his wife, and other things? Without Suzuha, Mr. Braun's life wouldn't be like this... Actually, Not having Suzuha is a great turning point to Steins;Gate tho... Without her, Cern would have not located her, Mr. Braun would still be a beggar without a home to live in (I think), he would not own the building he has now that Okabe is renting, and the possibility that he will not meet Nae's mother... So I know for sure there is still time travel in the Steins;Gate worldline.

If you guys think that this doesn't work in the Steins;Gate worldline then propose the original story of Mr. Braun...
DrDemScyMar 8, 2020 1:13 PM
Mar 8, 2020 1:37 PM
Feb 2019
Steins;Gate is my favorite anime so I want to see more of Steins;Gate but after Steins;Gate 0 (which was a failure to me) I don't want them to keep ruining this franchise even further so I rather don't have a sequel, Steins;Gate was good the way it is and honestly I don't know what they will do to improve that awesome story which had a good balance of comedy, thriller, drama, emotion, epicness (the last 2 episodes), directing, choreography, etc... it was simply way too good.

Instead of a sequel, midquel or prequel I rather have some Ova's focusing on the stuff from the VN, like Suzuha's ending (awesome ending) and Ruka's ending (which I consider to be one of the best endings in the VN).

Also, the movie is non-canon so forget everything that happened in the movie, it just contradicts the rules established in the Steins;Gate franchise.
Mar 8, 2020 6:26 PM
Mar 2020
I know what happened to the Steins;Gate 0 tho, but if you are going to said that the movie is non-canon, then are we just going to depend on Okabe's explanation on the Steins;Gate series that he got dizzy all of the sudden on the time Y2K Scare happened? Actually, he is hinting that the movie is canon, why?

Because he said to kurisu in one of the episode when they kissed that it is not their first kissed and that his first kissed is not romantic at all... Also, Mayuri's past is connected in the original series and in the movie, the one where she is standing on the grave... About why she is considered as Okabe's hostage, why did he build the "Hououin Kyouma" thingy... Both the original series and the movie explained similarly so I would say it is canon in more ways than one...

I also think that he remembered Kurisu as his first kiss tho because of the last scene in the movie, why Okabe is trying to kissed kurisu many times in the original series tho? Is he curious that he remembered something he forgot but because of the sensation, he remembered?

All I wanna know is how did he predicted some or most of the events, that they are fighting an organization? Is he serious about changing the world's ruling structure? Did he really copy the persona from the TV series that he watched? Did he became the legendary mad scientist he is longing for in the future that he deceive the world? I know there are reasons why but basing from Okabe's perspective, he remembered something vaguely that also affects the Y2k Scare... That he should be like that...
Mar 8, 2020 6:29 PM
Mar 2020
Still, the most mysterious person on the Steins;Gate Worldline is Tennouji Yuugo or Mr. Braun tho... Without Suzuha, everything will be erased...
Mar 9, 2020 12:44 AM
Mar 2020
I honestly think they've covered everything story wise. I mean what else is there to cover? Sure they can explore the Gamma Worldline but they are gonna have to think of a way to tie the plot with S;G and S;G0.
Mar 10, 2020 7:10 AM
Mar 2020
My questions can tie up the plot of S;G and S;G 0 tho... It can also explore the gamma worldline
Mar 13, 2020 4:22 AM

May 2016
@DrDemScy

It is rare to see such a comment which have a full of mistakes and factually wrong things as yours... Let me clear your confusion.

DrDemScy said:

if you are going to said that the movie is non-canon, then are we just going to depend on Okabe's explanation on the Steins;Gate series that he got dizzy all of the sudden on the time Y2K Scare happened? Actually, he is hinting that the movie is canon, why?

The movie is non-canon because:
- it is contradicting with the established time travel rules
- it is contradicting with some of the events that happened before its story

And no, Okabe is not hinting that the movie is canon, there is absolutely nothing in the anime or in the VN that hints the movie is canon.

DrDemScy said:

Because he said to kurisu in one of the episode when they kissed that it is not their first kissed and that his first kissed is not romantic at all...

His kiss with Kurisu was his 3rd kiss. His 2nd was with Moeka. And his 1st... was WITH MAYURI. The VN explains that he and Mayuri playfully kissed once when they were younger. It wasn't a romantic kiss.

DrDemScy said:

Also, Mayuri's past is connected in the original series and in the movie, the one where she is standing on the grave... About why she is considered as Okabe's hostage, why did he build the "Hououin Kyouma" thingy... Both the original series and the movie explained similarly so I would say it is canon in more ways than one..

No, no, no... They didn't explain similarly, in fact, the movies explanation contradicts with the original explanation. Okabe came up with his Hououin Kyouma persona based on a TV show, where the main character was a mad scientist. That was the original explanation. He came up with it to cheer Mayuri up after her grandma died.

DrDemScy said:

why Okabe is trying to kissed kurisu many times in the original series tho?

What the hell are you talking about. He never try to kiss her. Never. Kurisu was the one, who kissed him in episode 22.

DrDemScy said:

All I wanna know is how did he predicted some or most of the events, that they are fighting an organization? Is he serious about changing the world's ruling structure? Did he really copy the persona from the TV series that he watched? Did he became the legendary mad scientist he is longing for in the future that he deceive the world?

No, he is just a chuunibyou and that's it. He uses his mad scientist persona to cheer Mayuri up, and to hide his embarassemant in certain situations.
-
Mar 15, 2020 2:07 AM
Feb 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
What the hell are you talking about. He never try to kiss her. Never. Kurisu was the one, who kissed him in episode 22.

I think he's referring to the kiss that happened afterwards, at first Kurisu told him to close his eyes and kissed him, afterwards Okabe said the kiss wasn't romantic and that he didn't wanted to forget so he made the smooth moves to kiss her again (he's the one that kissed her a couple of times after that first kiss). The OP is trying to find the connections from the movie and the kisses that Okabe gave Kurisu in the OG episode 22, there's no connection to those kisses though.

I agree with you on everything else.
Mar 19, 2020 3:34 AM
Mar 2020
I don't know how to quote but I will try to contradict you...

*****"The movie is non-canon because:
- it is contradicting with the established time travel rules
- it is contradicting with some of the events that happened before its story

And no, Okabe is not hinting that the movie is canon, there is absolutely nothing in the anime or in the VN that hints the movie is canon."*****

What kind of events are you talking about that really contradicted your term "before its story" in the movie? In the series, you can literally see Mayuri's past the same scenario on the movie. Also, what kind of rules in time travel that the movie had contradicted? When Okabe is vanishing? Sure it is one tho but most of the story and the time travel rules are still the same... We have time leap machine, C204, deja vu, dmail (I don't think it is included in the movie because I haven't watch it for a long time)...

*****"No, no, no... They didn't explain similarly, in fact, the movies explanation contradicts with the original explanation. Okabe came up with his Hououin Kyouma persona based on a TV show, where the main character was a mad scientist. That was the original explanation. He came up with it to cheer Mayuri up after her grandma died."*****

I did know this if you read all my questions tho... The statement

**"Is he really copying it to what he watched before?"**

But what I am pointing out is that is it really the reason? Or he remembered something from the future that causes time loop... Especially when Okabe stated in one of the episodes in the series when the Y2k Scare happened, he got dizzy like he is changing worldlines on that time (when he is talking to Mayuri about how scared she was that she think Okabe will also die)... That is what I am referring with... Also, let's just say you are right about the movie is not canon, how did he obtain the Reading Steiner? It should have a final move to affect Okabe in the past tho...

*****"No, he is just a chuunibyou and that's it. He uses his mad scientist persona to cheer Mayuri up, and to hide his embarassemant in certain situations."*****

I also know this, but basing from my statement about the Y2k Scare, are you really sure about that? We cannot say if he really is just a chuunibyou or he is remembering that kind of persona or something... It really is suspicious tho, almost all he said interconnects with the story... Coincidence? Chuunibyou?
Mar 19, 2020 6:08 PM

May 2016
DrDemScy said:
In the series, you can literally see Mayuri's past the same scenario on the movie

Mayuri's past in Alpha and Beta and in Steins Gate worldline are pretty much the same: her grandma died, Okabe came up with Hououin Kyouma from the TV show (not from Kurisu). Even if we consider the movie canon, it doesn't matter those happened in different worldlines. Okabe didn't meet Kurisu in the past of the Beta worldline, since it happened in the Steins Gate worldline, if the movie is canon. Her first kiss was with Mayuri, read the f***cking VN, if you don't believe me.

DrDemScy said:
Also, what kind of rules in time travel that the movie had contradicted?

The movie features parallel worldlines, while it was established that ONLY ONE worldline exists at a given time. There are no parallel worldlines in Steins;Gate. That's the most basic rule of time travel in Steins;Gate but the movie contradicts with that basic rule by saying that the R worldline and the Steins Gate worldline are existing simoultaneously. Even if we try to explain the thing that Suzuha was wrong and there are no parallel worldlines in the movie, only he Steins Gate worldline changed to a worldline where Okabe does not exist, then we also have problems: in this case, Kurisu couldn't meet with Okabe when she travels back / time leaps to the past. If you travel back / time leap to the past, you will go back to the current worldline's past and create a new worldline by your arrival. Therefore, if you travel back in the past in a worldline where Okabe does not exist, you cannot meet him in the past. When Kurisu time leapt back 2 days and saw Okabe again - it didn't make any sense. When she traveled back to 2005 and meet with the young Okabe - it didn't make any sense either. Okabe does not exist in that worldline, so cannot meet him in the past either.

The movie doesn't make any sense regarding time travel, therefore it can't be canon. The OFFICIAL after story is the Holy Day of Scourge light novel btw, not the movie. So the movie is officially non-canon.

DrDemScy said:
Or he remembered something from the future that causes time loop

What time loop? There are no time loops in the Steins;Gate universe. And no, he didn't remembered anything. The VN explains everything pretty well, read it. When the Y2K happened, he experienced Reading Steiner for the first time. That's it. Do not search connections where there are no connections.

DrDemScy said:
how did he obtain the Reading Steiner?

He born with it. In S;G 0 VN, there are plenty of people who have a similar a thing, and doctors believe that it a disease: a new coronavirus encephatilis. So not Okabe is the only people who have this.

DrDemScy said:
We cannot say if he really is just a chuunibyou or he is remembering that kind of persona or something... It really is suspicious tho, almost all he said interconnects with the story

We can say it that it is just chuunibyou since it was explained in the VN. Which you didn't read, so basically don't have enough knowledge about this franchise.
-
Mar 19, 2020 6:16 PM

Jan 2019
Don't think a a full sequel is necessary but I wouldn't mind some sort of OVA, cos I really would like to see Okabe & co again
Mar 23, 2020 7:11 AM

Oct 2012
DrDemScy said:
I know you guys would say that it doesn't need a sequel or anything but I was just curious. Did Okabe Rintarou (Hououin Kyouma) accomplished changing the world's ruling structure like he said on the early episodes? How did he predicted that he'll fight an organization? Is he really copying it to what he watched before? Is it because there are connections to which Kurisu kissed Okabe on Steins;Gate movie? How did he get what Kurisu said on that time? Is it really the Y2K Scare that causes Okabe to get the Reading Steiner? Is it because the travellers have a purpose to be on Okabe's childhood like Kurisu kissing him, getting hit by a truck, or meeting Kagari on his childhood?? Did he became a dictator on the world to change the world's ruling structure? Did that Future Okabe affected his childhood past to create an effect about the Y2K Scare? Did he do something before the perfect ending (last episode) of Steins;Gate? How did they manage to make the Time Leap Machine to leap 2 weeks (or I think 1 week) in Steins;Gate 0?? How did they create the C204 (Time machine) without the use of compressor such as LHC (remember that they can go back to the future as demonstrated to the last 2 episodes of Steins;Gate)??? Did Daru not create a time machine but Okabe created one for some reason? Like all his friends died or have a world war or dystopia on that time??? Before doing such things? Did he became a politician? Did he abuse his power before something happens? And lastly,

If they create another sequel, could they beat the original Steins;Gate in terms of Rankings, feels, epicness, mystery and plot twists, and everything??

I have tons of questions not really answered to the sequel. I haven't read the visual novel or anything but the sequels doesn't really answer my questions, they have answers but it is lacking mostly when getting the reading steiner (which should be on the movie). Like seriously, just a kiss or getting hit by a truck to open his reading steiner? I know Suzuha and Kurisu created 2 worldlines on that time and Kurisu came from the future on that time when she kissed him, then? Is that really it? I know there should be a sequel to answer the questions of Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 that's why they leave the 0 more questions unanswered?

Remember, I haven't read the visual novel....

should there be? no prob

do i want more Okabe and Makise and them together with kids? yes. But it prob wont happen :(
Sep 28, 2020 1:01 PM
May 2019
Baleful-Midnight said:
I honestly think they've covered everything story wise. I mean what else is there to cover? Sure they can explore the Gamma Worldline but they are gonna have to think of a way to tie the plot with S;G and S;G0.

Well, there's the gamma drama CD.

Oh, and to everyone saying that Steins;Gate needs another sequel, here's a quick reminder that Steins;Gate itself is a sequel to Chaos;Head. Just don't watch the anime adaptation, it's shit.
Oh, and should I also add that Steins;Gate 0's anime is a sequel to the S;G0 VN?
Dec 6, 2020 10:36 PM

Dec 2009
Seems there will be a sequel ... Steins;??? unofficial name at the moment which is uncertain when it'll release exactly, except for after Anonymous;Code.

With the potential of having an anime or movie before the game is released.
As a fan who still craves to see Okabe x Kurisu in peace and in love, hopefully married... I am looking forward to this game even though I'd hate it if there's another problem of death in their lives because from everything they've been through, at this point I want them to just live in peace.
Dec 6, 2020 10:39 PM
Oct 2020
Although the sequel was good (Haven't watched myself), I don't see any meaning behind making an another sequel to Steins Gate, since the original anime had an amazing story and a very satisfying ending. Another sequel would be meaningless.
Dec 6, 2020 10:42 PM

Dec 2009
Same. I personally only want a feel-good epilogue to S;G, specifically to see Okabe x Kurisu as a loving couple.

I still haven't finished listening to all the Drama CD's and even then I'm not sure if I've found them all.
Hopefully one of them has that satisfying romantic moment because the special wasn't enough for me.
Dec 7, 2020 9:01 AM

May 2016
waalex11 said:
Seems there will be a sequel ... Steins;??? unofficial name at the moment which is uncertain when it'll release exactly, except for after Anonymous;Code.

With the potential of having an anime or movie before the game is released.
As a fan who still craves to see Okabe x Kurisu in peace and in love, hopefully married... I am looking forward to this game even though I'd hate it if there's another problem of death in their lives because from everything they've been through, at this point I want them to just live in peace.

Jalvi_2812 said:
Although the sequel was good (Haven't watched myself), I don't see any meaning behind making an another sequel to Steins Gate, since the original anime had an amazing story and a very satisfying ending. Another sequel would be meaningless.

Steins;??? is not a sequel. It is a "thematic sequel", just like how Chaos;Child relates to Chaos;Head.

Steins;??? will barely feature Okabe and Kurisu, I'm pretty certain that focus will be on a new cast.
-

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

803 by SciADV_Maniac »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.