Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2020 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This baseball match for Summer is one I've been anticipating. So to see Sawamura out there with his team and as the pitcher is pretty awesome.

All eyes have been on both teams this match but man, that cliffhanger...the waiting game begins. Sawamura needs to get himself together.
Mar 3, 2020 3:33 AM
Sep 2015
Other sports anime: small school trying to win against big school
Ace of Diamond: big school trying to win against small school

Other sports anime: let's break the tradition!
Ace of Diamond: let's keep the tradition!
Mar 3, 2020 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
All the narrated slideshow again in this episode... And then quite the abrupt skip just before the cliffhanger ending. Eh.

Is this the game that's gonna bring the season to a close, then, one way or another?
Mar 3, 2020 3:59 AM

Dec 2013
Sawamura needs to calm down! It's honestly frustrating to watch...
Mar 3, 2020 6:27 AM

Oct 2017
FFS Sawamura get a hold of yourself. Everything went wrong and now Kataoka's switching him. So much for his debut as the ace meh.
MegamiRemMar 3, 2020 6:51 AM
Mar 3, 2020 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
Maybe Kawakami will give him another message.
Mar 3, 2020 6:48 AM

Jan 2012
Eeeh if it's really a switch, Kataoka sure did it fast compared to when Furuya was self destructing
Mar 3, 2020 6:59 AM

Jun 2010
This anime is getting more and more frustrating ..after years watching nothing really changes.
Mar 3, 2020 7:19 AM

May 2011
seikanyuuki said:
This anime is getting more and more frustrating ..after years watching nothing really changes.

Well I wouldn't say nothing really has changed... He's relatively coping much better under pressure in tournament than previous tournaments. Those recent matches where he really outdid himself were only practice matches, without the weight of the ace too. I think it's still understandable that he behaves like that.

Remember that before joining Seido, he really didn't experience these kinds of pressure before, especially compared to other school's Ace.
Mar 3, 2020 9:28 AM

Jan 2016
Super frustrating... but this is what the real life of a pitcher is like.

Let's see if he can get back up in the next episodes.
Mar 3, 2020 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
To be fair, its not only Sawamura that is not doing well.

Everyone in the team right now is underperforming.
Mar 3, 2020 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
This is the kind of excitement and anxiety I want to experience with the matches, but I can't say I enjoyed this episode. It was somewhat suffocating to see Sawamura struggling so much. It wasn't supposed to be like this... I do love how Kuramochi and Haruichi were only thinking about giving their all so that Sawamura could relax and pitch as always though. They really are friends and teammates. Miyuki also noticed that he is being read, and Nabe is also amazing. It goes without saying, but the battle really starts before the match. But things aren't going well for Sawamura despite all the support... But I do believe Kawakami can make a difference. I mean, if he is really going to pitch right now. Maybe if he manages to turn the game around Sawamura can breath and come back to finish it, I don't know.
Mar 3, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
To be honest, that kind of situation are becoming pretty annoying. This episode was just ok.
Mar 3, 2020 2:13 PM

Apr 2018
seikanyuuki said:

right tho!? like it's pissing me off man! After everything we've been through to finally see Sawamura become the ace, and somehow we're back to a very lack luster performance of him falling short? like wtf? I thought we were past this?

Mar 4, 2020 12:25 AM
Dec 2010
I waited 170+ episodes for Sawamura to finally become the ace, just to see this absolute garbage performance. I can't even remember the last meaningful game that he didn't totally under perform. I think Yakushi is the last game that was even remotely impactful that he pitched in.

Just choke, after choke, after choke.

I'm not sure I can stomach another 50+ episodes of watching him claw his way up and fail yet again. He sincerely doesn't deserve to be the ace. The ace comes in clutch when it is most needed. That's the complete opposite of Sawamura's character.
Mar 4, 2020 3:07 AM
Mar 2020
that is bad joke? it take me one hour to complete this episode cant watch anymore .just when he become the ace and then happen.

can someone spoil me if he will be switch with Kawakami or something else will happen.

Mar 4, 2020 12:15 PM
Oct 2013
WTF!!!
I know it's only normal to feel pressure being the no.1 and Ace, Sawamura is underperforming, but still!!
He couldn't wait?? He didn't pull Furuya while he was throwing his pitches everywhere but the strike zone and Sawamura's first match as Ace, kill his confidence like that!!
Man, that's frustrating.
Mar 4, 2020 1:00 PM
Feb 2016
I feel like Aod fans really don't get how realistic this series actually is or they are just too biased. Always felt that. Did people actually expect Sawamura to smoothly sail through all his matches? Even real life professional athletes feel the pressure and self destruct let alone a high school player. Sports is not only about the physical side of things but also mental. but go on, keep whining about how realistic it is lol. We all want Eijun to do well but keep bias aside.

There are also other factors like Sawamura literally becoming the ace for the first time ever. Do people forget that Sawamura subbed in for Furuya the first time Furuya was ace as well? and that wasnt even the summer tournament! The fact that Sasaki is a mastermind on knowing what the opponent is thinking and Sawamura's character being so unselfish, carrying the dreams of the team on his back contributes as well. If anything, I'm glad this happened now so Sawamura can get back on track mentally next time.
Mar 4, 2020 1:50 PM
Mar 2020
killerqueen2000 said:
I feel like Aod fans really don't get how realistic this series actually is or they are just too biased. Always felt that. Did people actually expect Sawamura to smoothly sail through all his matches? Even real life professional athletes feel the pressure and self destruct let alone a high school player. Sports is not only about the physical side of things but also mental. but go on, keep whining about how realistic it is lol. We all want Eijun to do well but keep bias aside.

There are also other factors like Sawamura literally becoming the ace for the first time ever. Do people forget that Sawamura subbed in for Furuya the first time Furuya was ace as well? and that wasnt even the summer tournament! The fact that Sasaki is a mastermind on knowing what the opponent is thinking and Sawamura's character being so unselfish, carrying the dreams of the team on his back contributes as well. If anything, I'm glad this happened now so Sawamura can get back on track mentally next time.

you who are dont understand anything, if he switch with Kawakami he will lose
everything no next time
Mar 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Mar 2013
Hey hey, give a little faith to the Kawakami train. He is currently the most experienced pitcher in the team. Also, in previous episodes, his stats were always on par with Furuya and Sawamura. Maybe this is finally the time for Kawakami to shine, to show both Sawamura and Furuya the true meaning of 'reliable' and what they should become by the end of summer (as they'll be 3rd years soon). Kawakami has always been the lifeline of Seido but is mostly kept on the sidelines.

Every freaking Seido Ace struggles in their first games. It's kind of a golden rule by now. It was the same with Furuya and with Tanba. Do you guys remember the train wreck that Tanba was? Damn, the 3rd years worked HARD that summer to compensate.
Mar 5, 2020 12:05 PM
May 2019
Lyrisia said:
Eeeh if it's really a switch, Kataoka sure did it fast compared to when Furuya was self destructing

My thoughts exactly lol
Mar 5, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
Sasaki is creepy AF, he gives me the douche chills.
Quality Queen.
Mar 6, 2020 6:00 PM

Nov 2016
Was to be expected that Sawamura would struggle in his first match as a Ace. I'm not worried at all, tho, Seidou is most likely going to win anyway, but Sawamura hopefully grows due to this experience.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2020 8:28 AM

May 2014
Imagine getting subbed out for Kawakami, that has got to be the worst feeling in the world lmao.
Mar 9, 2020 11:13 AM

Jun 2011
killerqueen2000 said:

We don't care what real life athletes do. If we wanted real life we would watch MLB.
This is an anime... where the premise and the focus is the development of the main character, and after all this time the show is just not delivering.
Mar 9, 2020 11:15 AM
Feb 2016
h1soka said:

We don't care what real life athletes do. If we wanted real life we would watch MLB.
This is an anime... where the premise and the focus is the development of the main character, and after all this time the show is just not delivering.

Then the realism just isn't appealing to you which means you are biased. It does not justify people saying it is "bad" unless theres a logical argument behind why its bad. oh but theres non, except salty fans angry that Eijun isn't dominating and becoming a god just because he has a the number. It doesn't work that way. Mei and Furuya have both been through problems as ace and NOT even in their first games.
Mar 9, 2020 11:26 AM

Jun 2011
killerqueen2000 said:
h1soka said:

Then the realism just isn't appealing to you which means you are biased. It does not justify people saying it is "bad" unless theres a logical argument behind why its bad. oh but theres non, except salty fans angry that Eijun isn't dominating and becoming a god just because he has a the number. It doesn't work that way. Mei and Furuya have both been through problems as ace and NOT even in their first games.

Is underperforming the only thing that can happen in that situation at sports? Definitely Not. Some people are unaffected, some just don't care, some turn the pressure into strength. Storming through the match with an outstanding performance would have been realistic too. And most people would have loved it.
Mar 9, 2020 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
I'm absolutely convinced that some guy slept with the author's girlfriend in the past, and that guy's name was Sawamura. And now this is the author's revenge. There's no other explanation to an MC getting screwed over this many times.

There are so many ways to create conflict, but the author constantly falls back on his old tricks when it comes to Sawamura.
Mar 12, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2012
Good decision making from the coach sawamura was falling apart.
Let's Hope he's going to Come back

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Mar 18, 2020 12:32 AM

Aug 2009
Mormegil said:
I'm absolutely convinced that some guy slept with the author's girlfriend in the past, and that guy's name was Sawamura. And now this is the author's revenge. There's no other explanation to an MC getting screwed over this many times.

There are so many ways to create conflict, but the author constantly falls back on his old tricks when it comes to Sawamura.

This literally made me die laughing xD
I agree though, don't know why all the build up since the very first episode of season 1, if it doesn't pay off when he's the ace. Just bad writing overall tbh

h1soka said:
killerqueen2000 said:

Is underperforming the only thing that can happen in that situation at sports? Definitely Not. Some people are unaffected, some just don't care, some turn the pressure into strength. Storming through the match with an outstanding performance would have been realistic too. And most people would have loved it.

So much this. Underperforming seems to be the only tension that the mangaka can think of and it's seriously repetitive at this point. Most people want to see Sawamura shine and there's nothing wrong with allowing the protagonist to have his moment, especially when we had to wait nearly 7 years for it.

Mar 22, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
Mormegil said:

Lmao this is accurate i feel ya, as a manga reader when this chapter hits, im so tired of the author pulled out this shit again and again like he had grudge towards Sawa or smth lol... like it doesn't make any sense... how the hell Sawa still choke after all the experience he has been through? he had a strong mentality that make him overcome yips!.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 25, 2020 10:44 PM

Apr 2013
I'M SOFT FOR SUPPORTIVE SATORU 🥺
Aug 19, 2021 11:33 PM

Feb 2012
Incredibly disappointing after all this time to see Sawamura finally become Ace and choke this hard in his first game.
Nov 6, 2021 2:59 AM

Jul 2015
Eijun is too worked up, he need to get his sh*t together. I hope its the case of Kawakami being sent to say a message instead of actually switching.

Jul 21, 2023 11:34 PM

Aug 2019
This is just getting on my nerves. It feels like Eijun is a completely different person. It’s like all the growth we have seen just disappears when the author wants it to. He has become a mature player, making his own calls, and now all of that is completely gone. This author just loves to take the spotlight away from Eijun in his most important moments. 
Aug 22, 2023 4:50 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn bruh why can’t Sawamura just dominate now that he’s the ace. After all that buildup. AFTER 170+ EPS OF BUILDUP XD

I sorta wanna blame the author but I shouldn’t lol

Ah well, only a few eps to go. Hopefully I don’t finish this season with a sour taste in my mouth!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.