Forum Settings
Forums

"Crunchyroll Originals" were just announced

New
Feb 25, 2020 7:57 AM
Jan 2018
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157679927549340&id=6047074339
"Please welcome our new slate of Crunchyroll Originals!!
🔮 Tower of God
🦇 Noblesse
💥 The God of High School
🔎 Meiji Gekken: Sword & Gun
👻 In/Spectre
💀 Onyx Equinox
🍰 High Guardian Spice
💜 FreakAngels

COMING SOON! I can't wait to watch them with you ~ ✨"

Thoughts? (Let's just ignore In/Spectre and High Guardian Spice)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 25, 2020 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Noblesse ? Like more of it than that one measely ONA ? I'd take it.

Tower of God, would watch too.

Already watching Kyokou Suiri / In/Spectre - not sure I know any of the others.
Feb 25, 2020 8:09 AM

Jan 2009
thats a lot of webtoons right? and im hearing good things about God of High School

btw YonkouProductions is right again with the leaks that God of High School will have an anime
Feb 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Aug 2012
Meiji Gekken looks interesting but i'm 100% won't be using Crunchyroll.
Feb 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2016
Not interested in any of these titles apart from in/spectre. I never cared about webtoons apart from one which I started reading but it turned into garbage so I dropped it. I just hope they're better than the crap netflix produced.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 25, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
trailers https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1232321687087022080

the Tower of God anime and God of High School anime looks cool at least
Feb 25, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if the Tower of God anime will have a Korean dub.
Feb 25, 2020 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Wtf is this? Is this the same Kyokou Suiri that’s airing now? I’m so confused
Feb 25, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2019
Hmm. Spring is already stacked. I don't have interest in any of them except Tower of God. So I don't it was a good decision to release so many of them in Spring.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 25, 2020 8:27 AM

Mar 2018
Japan loves Sora Yori and Incel Hero and would you look at this https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1784/Crunchyroll_SC_Anime_Fund

All you weebs have lost a while ago. Wow even Yuru Camp.
poop

Sep 2018
Wow! And I've been thinking I'll never see an anime adaptation of manhwa.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish

Dec 2008
If you don't have facebook:

Not sure if I'm going to like any but it's rare for me to pick up something new these days. I'd have to see a real summary to decide, not a few clips. I remember the High Guardian Spice backlash.
Feb 25, 2020 8:29 AM

Oct 2019
I'll probably watch Tower of God I also heard some good things about The God of Highschool.

Oh no no I already can smell the controversy that High Guardian Spice will cause Pepelaugh.

Feb 25, 2020 8:35 AM

Aug 2017
Why they put a disgusting SJW western cartoon with anime?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 25, 2020 8:42 AM

May 2018
So many people saying not to watch these anime and asking not to support Crunchyroll... Pathetic.
Don't be the type of person who loves anime, manga and lives at the expense of piracy and still ask others not to give any support to authors and studios. In addition to the crisis in the anime industry, we still need to see this kind of ungrateful attitude.
Crunchyroll is doing what almost no Japanese studio wants to do, an anime by a Korean manwha or Japanese cartoon (toon style), and that's a good thing. This will help to create competition, better anime will come from that. Not showing interest is one thing, demotivating others to support is another.
Anyway, the animation is good for a company that is starting in this field. There are Japanese studios that have been producing anime for over 15 years that can't do as good as this. I hope the development of the stories is as good as the source.
inb4 Shelter
Such a great designer shirakuzo

KT MyAnimeList - Full Night Theme
A night theme for the full website with flat design, simple-shading, cyan colorized.
Feb 25, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, Crunchyroll are actually giving me reasons as to why I should want to support them.

Edit: Actually nah, I take that back. What the actual fuck is that High Guardian Spice garbage, Crunchyroll? Yikes!
AttackonfillerFeb 25, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 25, 2020 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
Thank God, Noblesse got the best animation Studio out of all these titles.. Production IG. I'm happy since there is hope. I was afraid that it may go to some shitty studio and it will be ruined, but Thanks Thanks and Thanks.. PRODUCTION IG did the ONA of Noblesse some years back and even though the story was very rushed, the animation was good.. So, expecting an even better animation and hopefully it's gonna be long running series since the manhwa is complete.. All Noblesse Fans .. it's great news.. it couldn't have gone to a better studio, Let's hope the studio does justice by living up to it's reputation.
Feb 25, 2020 9:05 AM

Mar 2018
They really on that "new anime brand" shit. More info here https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/25/crunchyroll-reveals-first-slate-of-crunchyroll-originals?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=cr-originals&referrer=community_cr_twitter_cr-originals.

Infiltrating Japanese industry and hijacking western anime community to give their own garbage animation exposure!
poop
Feb 25, 2020 9:12 AM

Aug 2015
Tower of God's webtoon had at least a very strong s1, so this should be good.

Noblesse's story is extremely repetitive, not sure if I'm gonna watch this even if it wasn't so bad at first.

God of High School is probably the worst webtoon of the 3 in terms of writing, but with good animation the fights are still gonna be hype.
Feb 25, 2020 9:15 AM

Oct 2012
Lmao they're still keeping high guardian spice going, incredible.

The webtoons adaptations are cool tho, I hope tower of god is good
Feb 25, 2020 9:18 AM

Jan 2020
Meh. I guess, I'm kinda pleasantly surprised CR is pushing korean webtoons instead of only SJW'd western trash.
Feb 25, 2020 9:21 AM

Oct 2010
The god of high school sounds like a harem anime name. Are these even anime?
Feb 25, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2016
simonephone said:

Let's see how much of a trainwreck that high guardian spice shit is going to be.
Feb 25, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2017
Not really interesting besides Tower of God and Kyokou Suiri, but I guess it's a good news

Oct 2019
the god of high school and tower of god? WOAH!!! I've been following these webtoons for ages. I'm so excited to see them animated!!!

Jan 2020
Missaliensan said:
simonephone said:

Let's see how much of a trainwreck that high guardian spice shit is going to be.

Btw, is the the trailer for it still up? The "we have such a diverse team behind this project, the team is 100% female" line still crack me up lol.
Feb 25, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
Some of these look really good I am looking forward to Tower of God and Noblesse mainly
Feb 25, 2020 9:26 AM

May 2015
I'm surprised that they didn't cancel High Guardian Spice. I'm certain it will have almost no audience and nobody will care about it at all, but I guess we'll just have to see.

Feb 25, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2019
Noblesse and God of High School kinda suck (they were good at first but not now hell no) but it's good seeing Tower of God there. I dunno what they mean by originals tho... Aren't they supposed to be regular TV anime?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 25, 2020 9:34 AM
Jan 2018
nanimeanswhat said:
Noblesse and God of High School kinda suck (they were good at first but not now hell no) but it's good seeing Tower of God there. I dunno what they mean by originals tho... Aren't they supposed to be regular TV anime?

It's just like Netflix, I think. Maybe more effort in dubbing will go into it as well.
Feb 25, 2020 9:35 AM

Jun 2017
At least tower of God looks good....
Feb 25, 2020 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
Yay God of HS is getting an anime!!!! wonder who'll voice my boy Jin Mo-Ri! this gonna be whoop ass!
Feb 25, 2020 9:36 AM

May 2016
Na-kyum said:
Missaliensan said:

Btw, is the the trailer for it still up? The "we have such a diverse team behind this project, the team is 100% female" line still crack me up lol.

https://youtu.be/PZSOGZFfSDk
Comments likes disabled
Feb 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
If they're all like High Guardian Spice this project is going to go up in flames by next year.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Sep 2008
are any of these of japanese origin? aside from in/spectre.
>high sjw shite is getting released
lol
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 25, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Na-kyum said:

https://youtu.be/PZSOGZFfSDk
Comments likes disabled

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Not surprised they disabled everything tho.
Feb 25, 2020 9:44 AM
Apr 2016
"Originals"? They just picked Korean and Chinese comics that are slowly losing popularity at home, and are trying to adapt and sell it to the mentally suffering westerners. The definition of monkey business, as well as false advertisement as there is nothing "original" about this. Just another shameful day in the shameful company of Harambes.
TodAboT said:
nanimeanswhat said:

It's just like Netflix, I think. Maybe more effort in dubbing will go into it as well.

Netlflix actually sponsors and supervises its own originals. It does not buy license to someone else's work and call it "OrIgINaLs".
Even more dubbing for the abused western audience? This is verbal terrorism.
Na-kyum said:
Meh. I guess, I'm kinda pleasantly surprised CR is pushing korean webtoons instead of only SJW'd western trash.

I wonder which one ends up being a more humiliating attempt at art, though.
Na-kyum said:
Esquirtit said:
They really on that "new anime brand" shit. More info here https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/25/crunchyroll-reveals-first-slate-of-crunchyroll-originals?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=cr-originals&referrer=community_cr_twitter_cr-originals.

Infiltrating Japanese industry and hijacking western anime community to give their own garbage animation exposure!

Shameless. Their ancestors would frown and disown them for such a legacy. This is not even capitalism anymore, this is a legalized theft of intellectual property.
ysphyr said:
Wtf is this? Is this the same Kyokou Suiri that’s airing now? I’m so confused

Kyokou Suiri is a Japanese series which those shameless human wanna-bes bought rights to, twisted its language through localization and are streaming for the poor poor westerners. There is nothing in it that could be a part of "Crunchyroll Originals" meaning. The rest seems to be either a Korean out-of-prime comics adaptation or a western digital litter.
Daniel_NaumovFeb 25, 2020 9:51 AM
Re:formed
Feb 25, 2020 9:46 AM

Aug 2018
Incredibly depressing to think of what effect western $$$ could have on the anime industry.
Feb 25, 2020 9:47 AM

Mar 2018
@simonephone And 3 other animation series. Kinda insane they built a studio and already have the money to do 4 shows. Hope they all suck and fail. Money could've been used to make Ufotable adapt Berserk or something.

@Catalano Only 4 are, 3 manhwa adaptations by Japanese studios and In/Spectre is already airing. We in the end game now. US, Korea, China, Japan all colliding. Next is France.
poop
Feb 25, 2020 9:49 AM
Jan 2018
Esquirtit said:
We in the end game now. US, Korea, China, Japan all colliding. Next is France.

By France, Radiant is already airing, by Studio Lerche.
Feb 25, 2020 9:53 AM
Apr 2016
TodAboT said:
Esquirtit said:

No why would you remind me about this baguette Fairy Tail as if I did not have a bad day going already.
epidemia78 said:
Incredibly depressing to think of what effect western $$$ could have on the anime industry.

I am most positive developed viewers (e.g. most of Europe and Japan) are going to ignore this shameless invasion into Art by some wealthy beet root farmers. It is the poor westerners that my heart bleeds for, they will be experimented upon and violated. All while paying for it.
Feb 25, 2020 9:54 AM

Mar 2018
TodAboT said:
Esquirtit said:

Oh, I actually watched the first few episodes of that but forgot about it. Really generic battle shounen, from what I've seen.
poop
Feb 25, 2020 9:55 AM

Oct 2010
@esquirtit french anime huh, I would like to see a tour de france anime where julian allaphillippe wins le tour against a certain brit team that uses drugs for better performance
Feb 25, 2020 9:56 AM

May 2009
Oh hey, it's the Tower of God anime. I should tell those handful of friends of mine who are fans of that thing. Though they probably already know about it.

Esquirtit said:
Are some of these Chinchong animation?
I'm amused that the term "Chinese cartoons" was misused to refer to Japanese animation so much that now there needs to be a different term for actual Chinese cartoons.

(you poor satirical fuckers lol)

Missaliensan said:
simonephone said:

I'm tempted to watch that shit solely because my watching it will piss off its haters further.

(un?)fortunately, I'm already busy with a backlog of other things I want to watch for more appealing reasons.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 25, 2020 9:58 AM
Nov 2019
Pylia said:
Not interested in any of the titles, those who wanna watch it, have fun, but I better spend my time on other animation.
I'm telling you tower of God is one of the best you will regret not watching it
Feb 25, 2020 9:59 AM
Apr 2016
Catalano said:
@esquirtit french anime huh, I would like to see a tour de france anime where julian allaphillippe wins le tour against a certain brit team that uses drugs for better performance

Only if he inhales baguette. No chance to win anything ever otherwise.
Baka776 said:
Pylia said:
Not interested in any of the titles, those who wanna watch it, have fun, but I better spend my time on other animation.
I'm telling you tower of God is one of the best you will regret not watching it

We should boycott Korean comics and animation, since Korea is a hawkish state where government is rallying people against the Japanese, blaming them for a lot of things. They are building up national "character", causing Japan economical lose due to its wares boycott in Korea, and overall is a disrespectful and infantile behaviour for a developed state.
You would think I meant South Korea, but if you say "North Korea" with this description, you will still be correct.
Feb 25, 2020 10:00 AM

May 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Na-kyum said:

Here we have a person that only read the worst manhwas with the worst arts.
>Hmm.
koetemagieFeb 25, 2020 10:04 AM
Such a great designer shirakuzo

KT MyAnimeList - Full Night Theme
A night theme for the full website with flat design, simple-shading, cyan colorized.
Feb 25, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2009
prepare4trouble said:
If you don't have facebook:

Not sure if I'm going to like any but it's rare for me to pick up something new these days. I'd have to see a real summary to decide, not a few clips. I remember the High Guardian Spice backlash.
Y'know, I know "American Kirby is hardcore", but honestly I'd really wish that they'd give me a trailer detailing the setting/premise/themes, rather than trying to make a thing that sells this stuff on the promise of excitement and intensity.

Then again, my tastes are weird anyway. I'm wiling to accept very slow burns if the payoff is epic enough.

Also, by virtue of being high fantasy, High Guardian Spice actually looks legit interesting to me, but that's based on the like two seconds of footage from the trailer. I'll probably get to it sometime after I watch Little Witch Academia, which I finally put on my PTW sometime last year.

(and this reminds me that I have yet to catch up with RWBY, again. sorry of my life is blowing off watching stuff lol)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 25, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:
Catalano said:

Only if he inhales baguette. No chance to win anything ever otherwise.

At least give him le tour in fiction, final stage on alpe d'huez and he beats the brits with 20 minutes, just imagine the epicness.
Feb 25, 2020 10:04 AM
Apr 2016
koetemagie said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Here we have a person that only read the worst manhwhas with the worst arts.
>Hmm.

You did badly assuming I have ever read any of that colourful litter devoid of artistic value. I respect myself just enough to avoid poisoning my mind with this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

41 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
18 seconds ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

37 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

45 by obicomeonboneme »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

40 by DigiCat »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

42 by LordNTR »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.