Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2020 3:36 AM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Happy ending? Jackshit.

How do fans even continued reading this without feeling disgusted. I am a Miku fan but I am infuriated by the treatment of not only her but Nino as well. Down to the last chapter. And Itsuki's part. She betrayed herself and betrayed others to favour Yotsuba. I don't even want to talk about that. And the early killing Ichika's character.

Anyways, it is finally over.

5/10

Same here, the story went jackshit and somehow dragged overtime with the same formula while the first girls such as Miku,Ichika doesn't get jack shit following Ichika and Nino after 80 onwards.

5/10, good start, but shit on halfway through
Feb 16, 2020 3:48 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
What's up with the hate? Grow up and stop whining like a kid.
It's just a manga. Saying it's worst ending of the decade, that just exaggeration. Why not just chill? You already should be glad it ended after months of waiting to read it and trying to find out who he will end up with. Remember the good time where people switch to to another heroine ship. Those were fun time. The fact that you're here just mean you didn't drop it like you supposed to if it's no longer appeal to you. Why did you read it in the first place?

Anyway, a low score on the chapter would make sense but I wouldn't give a 1/10 for the entire series. If I do, that would mean I'm stupid no brainer who doesn't know how rating work and my two options is only 10/10 or 1/10.

Ch122 was okay, ending feel like average 4/10
Overall Manga is between a 6 or 7 for me.

Had a time reading it. I ain't denying the first half of this series
Feb 16, 2020 3:54 AM

Mar 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kuma said:
cucked XDXDXDXD

what it fans literally deserve. LMAO

also why bring bokuben to this shit? do you need to look down on other to made yourself look better? what a sad state of fanbase.

I only brought it up was because he shat on DomeKano for no reason.

everyone shat on domekano, even it's own fans.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 16, 2020 3:55 AM

Mar 2015
MegamiRem said:
Congratz Yots and Fuu on their wedding. Hopefully their honeymoon will go well XD.

Also why the fuck people are thinking the wedding is a dream lol it's the other way around. Fuutarou was just remembering the past.

bruh, read the chapter again, and look how they dressed in the last pages.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 16, 2020 4:05 AM

May 2015
xkazutox said:
What's up with the hate? Grow up and stop whining like a kid.
It's just a manga. Saying it's worst ending of the decade, that just exaggeration. Why not just chill? You already should be glad it ended after months of waiting to read it and trying to find out who he will end up with. Remember the good time where people switch to to another heroine ship. Those were fun time. The fact that you're here just mean you didn't drop it like you supposed to if it's no longer appeal to you. Why did you read it in the first place?

Anyway, a low score on the chapter would make sense but I wouldn't give a 1/10 for the entire series. If I do, that would mean I'm stupid no brainer who doesn't know how rating work and my two options is only 10/10 or 1/10.

Ch122 was okay, ending feel like average 4/10
Overall Manga is between a 6 or 7 for me.

Had a time reading it. I ain't denying the first half of this series

Glad to see there are some sensible people on the other ship teams.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2020 4:13 AM

Sep 2017
wow what an ending, negi just wanted to dodge the bullets with "HAPPY ENDING WITH AN OPEN ENDING" lmao

quite an enjoyable ride, though the last arc and ending were absolute trainwreck

im about to give this shit 7 then i saw Nino crying again so i'll lower it to 6 lol

so long five wedded brides

edited : check out manganelo/mangabat for parody lol, the translator was gold
zalapenoFeb 16, 2020 4:20 AM
Feb 16, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:
MegamiRem said:
Congratz Yots and Fuu on their wedding. Hopefully their honeymoon will go well XD.

Also why the fuck people are thinking the wedding is a dream lol it's the other way around. Fuutarou was just remembering the past.

U go and read the chapter again bruh not me lol. They were wearing the same dress as the one when they were pointing out. I think u mistook that they were on their wedding dress when they were pointing out and in last panel they were in casual dress but no they were in casual dress the whole time. The pointing out took place at their home or some place else.
Feb 16, 2020 4:32 AM
May 2017
Haters can f*ck off.

This is one of the best harem out there. Yes there were lack of romance interactions and Negi treated the first girl like an arse. But one thing i like is the character developments and of course Fuutarou as the not typical harem MC. This is the first ever harem that i don't mind with whom the MC gonna end up with since all the girls are likeable.

9/10. It's clearly better than the apeshit copier BokuBen and its idiotic author.
Rytakahashi09Feb 16, 2020 4:38 AM
Feb 16, 2020 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
MegamiRem said:
Kuma said:

U go and read the chapter again bruh not me lol. They were wearing the same dress as the one when they were pointing out. I think u mistook that they were on their wedding dress when they were pointing out and in last panel they were in casual dress but no they were in casual dress the whole time. The pointing out took place at their home or some place else.

then explain this image?

Rytakahashi09 said:
Haters can f*ck off.

This is one of the best harem out there. Yes there were lack of romance interactions and Negi treated the first like an arse. But one thing i like is the character developments and of course Fuutarou as the not typical harem MC. This is the first ever harem that i don't mind with whom the MC gonna end up with since all the girls are likeable.

9/10. It's clearly better than the apeshit copier BokuBen and its idiotic author.

wow, did it trigger you that the other series not attract hater as much as this?
XD
Feb 16, 2020 4:45 AM

Sep 2019
Ok i'm quite confused, where do you all read it? This troll translation is very misleading and i don't even know what's going on.....

And nino got tanned in this translation... wtf.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 16, 2020 4:45 AM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:
MegamiRem said:

then explain this image?

This was Fuutarou having a flashback of that moment and I think Fuutarou speaking of wedding after waking up was just to mislead people. If u see the last panels then Fuutarou says that even back then this same thing was coming to my mind and that's u quints are a pain. Also this was Negi trying to calm other quints fan.
Feb 16, 2020 4:47 AM

May 2015
Rytakahashi09 said:
Haters can f*ck off.

This is one of the best harem out there. Yes there were lack of romance interactions and Negi treated the first girl like an arse. But one thing i like is the character developments and of course Fuutarou as the not typical harem MC. This is the first ever harem that i don't mind with whom the MC gonna end up with since all the girls are likeable.

I was like that through most of this. The author developed all the girls really nicely so for a long time I didnt mind who he ended up with since they're all likeable. Ichika stumbled a bit towards the end but overall they're all great girls.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2020 5:14 AM

Nov 2016
Gotta say that this is one of the most satisfying endings for me...seeing how triggered some people are over this shit that is.

giorgos1313 said:
Why so hate?
Only last arc is little boring but the ending is classic normal end. He choose one girl and married.
Im Nino team but i think Yotsuba deserve win the battle.

Don't try to understand them.

Basically agree with you, was a nice series overall, it just got boring for me during the last couple of months.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2020 5:27 AM

Aug 2014
Rytakahashi09 said:
Haters can f*ck off.

> Imagine never reading Rosario vampire where the open ending actually nailed everything to the story.
Feb 16, 2020 5:47 AM

Mar 2015
MegamiRem said:
Kuma said:

then explain this image?

This was Fuutarou having a flashback of that moment and I think Fuutarou speaking of wedding after waking up was just to mislead people. If u see the last panels then Fuutarou says that even back then this same thing was coming to my mind and that's u quints are a pain. Also this was Negi trying to calm other quints fan.

even if your theory true, it still left bad taste.
Feb 16, 2020 6:20 AM

May 2009
I will never understand why this even become this popular. It wasn't even funny for rom-com.
Feb 16, 2020 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
Harems always make people salty and this is rare since Fuutarou didnt show any love or interest in any Quint except Yotsuba. The "romance" was always from the sisters POV
Feb 16, 2020 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
Kuma said:
MegamiRem said:

Well you may got argument such as "Maybe for yourself and some people".

Tbh I mostly enjoyed the first half where we got lots of character development and what makes the Quintuplets unique based on their preferences. That felt like a good shit back then when it was not that mainstream yet.

Half way through we were rained with drama over girls thirsting over Fuutarou dick and their development towards the "Girl that has relation" with him in past, but it was done badly making the whole 4 volume felt like a drag trying to figure who's the girl that Fuutarou met in past and trying to differentiate the Quintuplets after getting done with their test.

The ending felt like author chickening out between picking the girls or just slapping a harem ending.
Considering both may still end up a hot garbage Author picked an open ending where things get really confusing instead just being straight with some typical harem open ending are or just pick a girl and start watching people burning books.

As for me Rosario Vampire still hold the best Harem for me with a Chad MC and likeable girls. (Shame the anime tainted the Manga)
bastek66 said:
I will never understand why this even become this popular. It wasn't even funny for rom-com.

It wasn't even close to a comedy tbh,

I can't remember a single good thing about this manga in terms of comedy considering the story were focused alot on drama and romance.
Feb 16, 2020 7:19 AM

May 2009
Xaelath said:
It wasn't even close to a comedy tbh,

I can't remember a single good thing about this manga in terms of comedy considering the story were focused alot on drama and romance.

Mods should remove comedy tags from 5toubun entries
Feb 16, 2020 7:25 AM

Jan 2017
The whole point of a romance story is building up to the big romantic moment,and if that moment isn't built up properly or contrived and unsatisfying, then I'd say the series failed miserably.The quality drops in the later chapters made this series from decent to average. A probable 8/10 series now barely qualifies as 6.5/10 in my list. It's such a pity.
Feb 16, 2020 7:48 AM

Mar 2015
Xaelath said:
Kuma said:

Well you may got argument such as "Maybe for yourself and some people".

Tbh I mostly enjoyed the first half where we got lots of character development and what makes the Quintuplets unique based on their preferences. That felt like a good shit back then when it was not that mainstream yet.

Half way through we were rained with drama over girls thirsting over Fuutarou dick and their development towards the "Girl that has relation" with him in past, but it was done badly making the whole 4 volume felt like a drag trying to figure who's the girl that Fuutarou met in past and trying to differentiate the Quintuplets after getting done with their test.

The ending felt like author chickening out between picking the girls or just slapping a harem ending.
Considering both may still end up a hot garbage Author picked an open ending where things get really confusing instead just being straight with some typical harem open ending are or just pick a girl and start watching people burning books.

As for me Rosario Vampire still hold the best Harem for me with a Chad MC and likeable girls. (Shame the anime tainted the Manga)

that wouls still left bad taste in my mouth because literally any development the series made soo far is thrown out of window.
Feb 16, 2020 7:55 AM
Jan 2019
This ending is god awful that it makes me wonder what happened to Negi all this time. The story peaked in the middle and went straight to the trash can in the last few arcs.

I really missed the time when I started reading this manga, I thought this might be the best harem ever. I missed when the manga had good writing, drama and character developments.

On to the second season in Fall, I really hope the new studio adapts it well. It's the best part and I want to experience that moment once again so please, please don't mess it up.

I genuinely wanted this manga to be one of my favorites, that's why I'm extra disappointed that it had to end up this way. In the end, another wasted potential, 5/10.
Feb 16, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2015
I feel that the author never wanted to leave the status quo, surely Yotsuba is the bride, but it doesn't seem important, it seems that Fuutarou will continue with his harem until the end of his days, since the girls did not move on even after five years.

It's quite disappointing, at least I expected some romance or that the final couple did not feel so forced, but nothing, in the end Fuutarou remained as a boring self insert character who we knew nothing about and the girls never left their archetype and their unjustified love for the protagonist. I guess I expected more than I should from a harem rom-com xD

4/10 I think the mystery of the bride was interesting, but once it was revealed you realize that the story had nothing more to offer.
Feb 16, 2020 9:09 AM
Aug 2010
I still laugh at everyone that is upset THEIR preferred waifu didn't win :P Miku is my personal favorite, I'd have chosen her if it was me. But, from the characters' perspectives, I do think Fuutaro and Yotsuba are best together.

Also, wedding wasn't a dream, it was kinda paralleling the future and the current (or current and past if you want to look at it that way).
Feb 16, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2017
haha author choose safest way to deal with the other girl fandom, this man is a harem king

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 16, 2020 10:23 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Goddamn, the salt in this thread is actually unbearable. Sure, the last volume or so has been lackluster, but the way people are reacting in this thread is so unnecessary. All Negi did was choose a girl and people act like as if he murdered their waifu or something.

That being said though, it is reasonable to be disappointed with the way the conclusion was handled. After the confession, the execution felt all over the place and some unnecessary drama was added. Some characters also felt out-of-character at times too. And despite spending a good amount of time with each character during the festival, it still feels like no one got the closure that they needed, not even Yotsuba. But I will say this, I did enjoy the last two chapters. They were fun and and had the usual Gotoubun charm. But that honeymoon thing is weird and it just makes the rest of the girls seem like they're lacking independence or something. And it's obvious that it's not a dream at all, just some kind of parallel to show that not much has changed with the quintuplets during the last 5 years or so. Of course, the delusional ones and the people who can't accept the outcome can hold onto their "open-ending" interpretation.

As much as they're reason to be disappointing with this series, they way people are expressing their opinions, arguing and attacking those that ended up liking the series, it just comes off as salty tbh. Maybe because I wasn't really rooting for anyone that I'm not feeling the saltiness, but idk, people are free to like and dislike whatever they want, no need to look down on them for doing so.

I guess this series is a 6/10 for me. It would've been a 7 if the last volume felt more focused. Both this and BokuBen are the only harem manga that I collect volumes of, but I kinda regret owning both of them. Gotoubun went downhill near the end, and BokuBen just felt consistently boring and repetitive. It's finally going somewhere now, but it felt like 80% of the series was just one-shot chapters of characters going through fan-service shenanigans. Hopefully it gives all of the characters a better closure than whatever the hell Gotoubun did, but if the recent chapter is anything to go by, it seems like most of the characters won't even get a proper confession, let alone closure, lol. Anyways, with the start of Kakkou no Iinazuke, it seems like Shounen Magazine's got a good replacement for Gotoubun.
Feb 16, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Congrats to Yotsuba and Fuutarou at their wedding.
Those sisters will go along with their honeymoon. That was funny.

Why does the author have to make Nino cry again? Fuck you!.

Feb 16, 2020 11:27 AM
Feb 2016

Animation quality my friend? The anime will be made by the king of trash studio Bibury. They have only made Azur Lane anime and it was so bad they had to postpone last 3 episodes by 4 months.

They couldn't even draw the faces properly. Sucks how production committee could not even give a proper deserving studio despite the money manga and S1 made.[/quote]

Oh yeah, how bad did Azur Lane get? I didn't bother watching it but was intrigued at first since it had cute anime girls lol. But I'm thinking that the last studio decided not to adapt the second season was because they saw how bad the writing was getting towards the end or they just didn't have the necessary time for production.

I honestly don't care about season 2 really anymore, because after this trash writing mess there's no real point anymore. And if what you said about the new studio is true in how they handled that one, I worry for the second season
Feb 16, 2020 12:06 PM
Sep 2018
The manga still didn't manage to round up the reason why Yotsuba kissed Fuutaro back at the bell. It is such an out of character move by Yotsuba at that time. Feel like Negi lets Yotsuba win just because he wants the "subvert expectation" trope and never properly explain why Yotsuba won. what a shit show
Feb 16, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
I still don't mind Yotsuba ending but I wish they would have told us why she kissed him at the bell at the very least. Also a little more closure for the rest of the girls would have been nice. The whole manga was getting worse and worse for a while anyways.
:)
Feb 16, 2020 3:07 PM
Feb 2016
WhyCare said:
The manga still didn't manage to round up the reason why Yotsuba kissed Fuutaro back at the bell. It is such an out of character move by Yotsuba at that time. Feel like Negi lets Yotsuba win just because he wants the "subvert expectation" trope and never properly explain why Yotsuba won. what a shit show

Remember the last time someone tried subverting expectations in a popular franchise? The Last Jedi is a good example of how not to do it and Negi basically pulled a Rian Johnson with the ending of the manga
Feb 16, 2020 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
Supersky said:
WhyCare said:

Remember the last time someone tried subverting expectations in a popular franchise? The Last Jedi is a good example of how not to do it and Negi basically pulled a Rian Johnson with the ending of the manga

TLJ was hated because SW fans are unappeasable monsters.

They’re a lot like MAL posters!

Feb 16, 2020 6:26 PM

Mar 2015
So we don't even know what yotsuba did after school? Whack... I still don't even know what itsuki's purpose in this whole thing was. She seemed to have spent the most time with fuutarou and his family.
Feb 16, 2020 7:09 PM
May 2018
shanimebib said:
Aileen_Zero said:
It was a very disappointing ending. There wasn't even a kiss!! This will be the first and last time I'll read a harem manga.

Because you know, that would be him kissing the bride in front of the other four. And you cannot have that. It's not f*cking WA2.

But you haven't even tried Giji Harem. The latest chapter was so adorable. The manga is criminally underrated. The manga is nearing the end. Although my favourite has been Cheeky-chan, it looks like RinRin will be the eventual winner. But the direction of the story has been nothing short of brilliant.

Art looks good, i'll read it later. Thanks for the recommendation.
Feb 16, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
What's with all the hate? I feel the hardcore fans of the other sisters that didnt get chosen are all throwing fits. LOL. Sure, Yotsuba wasn't my number one from the beginning; it was miku or ichika; but Yotsuba also makes a good bride and match for Fuu-kun... being she's the first to meet him.

This honestly was one of my favorite harem manga, because all of the sisters were likeable. You can't go wrong with any of them. Plus, the mystery of who he chooses in the future, reminds me of "How I Met You're Mother" even if the ending to that show wasn't great.

This was enjoyable, IMO.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 16, 2020 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
@Aileen_Zero: You are welcome. ^_^

@jbeat: Do you realize you have reached 1000 MAL posts?! Congrats, man!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 16, 2020 8:46 PM

Dec 2014
what an absolute beautiful ending. Congrats to Yotsuba x Fuutarou.
Feb 16, 2020 10:13 PM

Jan 2018
Well, what can u expect from yotsuba fans I wonder what their reaction would have been if any other girl won and on the other hand same can be said about uruka fans they are beyond annoying.
Feb 16, 2020 11:44 PM

Nov 2018
Kuma said:
MegamiRem said:

Well if used joke mode says: Fuutarou use the quantum time theory to back in time 5 years ago to re-fixed his life together the quintuplets...
Feb 17, 2020 1:53 AM

Oct 2019
Aww, that's good ending...
Now, make the VN games, I need to see others endings cause this feels like I got a GAME OVER feeling.
Feb 17, 2020 2:14 AM

Sep 2019
I agree with the OP here.... the early killing of Ichika breaks my heart.

Not the ending that i expected. Also, Miku and Nino.... eugh... Fuutarou could have said something more proper. He's too trashy now... his character is ruined.

It shouldn't have ended here. This could have been better if there were more chapters. But the author rushed the conclusion of Yotsuba Win. I'm disappointed :(

6/10

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 17, 2020 2:32 AM

Sep 2017
Supersky said:
WhyCare said:

I agree. Didn't like the ending.
Anyways here's my two takes

1. Yotsuba has a lot less romantic development than the other characters and it kinda pisses me off that she gets to be chosen inspite of 0 romantic development. There is no tease and she seems to rely upon the memory of childhood. Negi stated that even though Itsuki was first girl fuutarou met, she won't use first girl wins necessarily. Now that she does use Yotsuba as ending with the sole reason of first girl wins (like, because foreshadowing of flashbacks, Yotsuba has to win. ) It renders all the romantic development that MC had with other girls for naught. I would have taken Yotsuba as ending to be acceptable only if she had a good chemistry with MC.

2. Also that bell kiss seems like a dick move by Yotsuba. Makes me hate her even more. It reminds me of how Yotsuba unfairly used her headstart that no one else had. She is no better than Ichika in that regard. "I don't have any normal way to get along with MC, so I will use a forced kiss to claim him for me" . Goddamnit this reminds me of Rose from TLJ AGAIN.

Anyways, this shows me that even this harem manga cannot avoid the pitfalls of peaceful resolution of ending. 1/10.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 17, 2020 5:13 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
MegamiRem said:

Because Negi the author said in an interview that he wanted to write an ending that would "make everyone happy" so the mangaka is leaving an open ending. For me, it is a clear sign that he was manipulated.

Feb 17, 2020 7:05 AM

Jul 2017
wait wut.. I don't understand

so the whole thing including when Uesugi proposed Yotsuba is all just a dream? or he woke up after that event? please I need an answer

damn.. after all these development within each quint and especially Uesugi.. this is the ending we got? fr Negi!1!1

btw this is the first ever manga I read (well no one cares) and to think it ends like that, make me think twice to read another, especially harem( its harem genre r8? I dunno) manga. *sigh what a journey.
Feb 17, 2020 7:51 AM

Nov 2019
Extremely overrated 1/10

But I'm almost tempted to give it a two just coz Negi hates first girl fugz

Inb4 you're salty, completely fine with Yots, she's my third fav of the quints and despite my wrong prediction (Ichika) I've rooted for Yots since op Ichika got nerfed hard

The series last good arc was 7GB, went downhill fast in SW arc
Feb 17, 2020 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Well, this was quite an experience, as a late reader and a person new to harem manga, as well.

NEVER again.
Feb 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2018
It's sad how this manga dropped in quality. I don't think is as bad as ppl think it is but still it ain't a good look when there are doujins that are way more satisfying than this finale. 6/10 for the manga.
Kuma said:
MegamiRem said:

then explain this image?

Rytakahashi09 said:
Haters can f*ck off.

This is one of the best harem out there. Yes there were lack of romance interactions and Negi treated the first like an arse. But one thing i like is the character developments and of course Fuutarou as the not typical harem MC. This is the first ever harem that i don't mind with whom the MC gonna end up with since all the girls are likeable.

wow, did it trigger you that the other series not attract hater as much as this?
XD
Have you seen the amount of 1/5's on the last Bokuben chapter lol. At least 5-toubun is not generic man
Feb 17, 2020 1:31 PM

Mar 2015
KingLeonard23 said:
Have you seen the amount of 1/5's on the last Bokuben chapter lol. At least 5-toubun is not generic man

that just shitty shippers. everyone with decent common sense know it's coming. also 5 toubun is generic as well. if anything, the mysteriousness one true ending fate encounter with dramafest searching for "fate encounter" is like the first popular harem trope like love hina and ichigo 100% heck, even as recent as nisekoi. if anything bokuben in other hand has more than enough character episodic slice of life moment closer to SOL genre than romance harem it self. while it's not completely original either (like aa megami sama), it's something that way less popular and generic than said toubun style storytelling. people love character fighting after all, even in romance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KumaFeb 17, 2020 1:44 PM
Feb 17, 2020 7:35 PM
Feb 2019
I don't get the hate for the ending, sure you guys might be triggered that it was yotsuba but come on, it's not THAT bad.
Feb 17, 2020 11:50 PM
Jan 2018
reading those comments make me think i was reading another manga.
if you see qq as a classic harem manga, where mc have to choose a girl with his decision based on romantic moments and routes, then you are right: qq is a shit manga cause the routes are not balanced and you don't have so many romantic developements, but IF you see qq as a romantic story or as "how a ""nerd""" guy discovered the meaning of love" than you will have a masterpiece.
to me, that is the real meaning of the manga, that's not a love story but a story about love, the final scene is not a kiss, but shows how he ended up loving all the quints in an affectionate way.
obviously he ended up finding even the true love and his bride, but the main thing is that now he can recognise them disguised cause he love all of them, thats why he pointed out all of them one by one leaving yotsuba at the end.
you can see that even in the parallelism in the last pages: he says that "quints are a pain" but with a painfull face (in the past) and a HAPPY face at current time.
the last pages are just a parallelism with the past, the marriage is NOT a dream.

the main problem of this manga was the though that it was a war between sisters to gain the love of a guy, if you see that story in this way,is jus bad and unfair cause one of them has won even before that the story began. but if you see that as a story about love, love between sisters, family, romantic love with mistery on who will be that romantic one and not an harem/romantic love in it's classic way, than probably you will find that this is ok.

we have tons of harem mangas that shows romance and kisses, but this manga shows love in its purest shape. that's why i'm telling you that this is just a masterpiece
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.