Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 14, 2020 12:07 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
rommelcedric said:
A difficult task to come up with something entirely NEW. Theoretically, every story that can be told has been told in some way, shape, or form at least when broken down into their most basic concepts.

But, merely to add to the conversation, how about documentary anime? Not like a fictional documentary or a mockumentary. But an actual documentary that documents actual events, people, places, etc with real interviews but presented solely as an animated feature. Yes? No? Maybe?

I reckon a documentary could be pretty cool. There’s been some interesting things to document about in history and even present times and having a fresh style to it may even boost its popularity. All we’d need is David Attenborough
My opinion is the correct opinion!
Though I’ll listen to you for now I guess baka
Who thought that getting a job would be a good idea when I have anime to watch

Feb 14, 2020 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
Cute old people doing cute things - self explanatory

Neo Noir

Gothic Romance - I mean not just gothic setting with romance I mean actual gothic romance. It basically explores the twisted and dark side to love.

Magic Realism

Cosmic Horror

Sexual art film - not sure if it has a name but i am sure some people understand what I mean

Psychological psychology - as in exploring the human psyche

Drug outlaw - since drug use is so poorly represented in anime and the drug users and dealers are almosy always the bad guys. I think it would be interesting to see it portrayed on a more human level.
Feb 14, 2020 12:30 AM

Jan 2020
I wish some guy would come up with the new Death Note. I mean, an amazing concept with a great story and great characters.
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 14, 2020 12:43 AM

Mar 2018
medical maybe and some black comedy stuff
Feb 14, 2020 1:01 AM

Apr 2019
Cyberfunk.

Melding cyberpunk, probably mecha influence, 70s aesthetics.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Feb 14, 2020 1:11 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
traed said:

Neo Noir

Gothic Romance - I mean not just gothic setting with romance I mean actual gothic romance. It basically explores the twisted and dark side to love.

Magic Realism

Cosmic Horror

Sexual art film - not sure if it has a name but i am sure some people understand what I mean

Drug outlaw - since drug use is so poorly represented in anime and the drug users and dealers are almosy always the bad guys. I think it would be interesting to see it portrayed on a more human level.

Cute old people seems like a common thing people want. Where can we get it made!!

Yep magic realism is also a good one.

I completely forgot about gothic romance, so sort of like including a tragedy aswell?

I mean horror I’m general isn’t really well represented in anime so I feel we need some more love for all of it.

True, personally I feel that black lagoon isn’t too bad of an example off drug outlaw as they traffic all sorts of things but in that show everyone does drugs so idk if that makes it better lol. I can’t think of a show with other focuses on that like you’re suggesting

Feb 14, 2020 1:14 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
AnimeSuckABit said:
I wish some guy would come up with the new Death Note. I mean, an amazing concept with a great story and great characters.

So you’d rather want people to focus on something completely unique and amazing?

Feb 14, 2020 1:14 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
boyoungsi said:
medical maybe and some black comedy stuff

Medical! I can see how that would be pretty cool. Could get really detailed aswell

Feb 14, 2020 3:47 AM

Mar 2008
VirtuShi said:
traed said:

Neo Noir

Magic Realism

Cosmic Horror

Cute old people seems like a common thing people want. Where can we get it made!!

I completely forgot about gothic romance, so sort of like including a tragedy aswell?

I mean horror I’m general isn’t really well represented in anime so I feel we need some more love for all of it.

True, personally I feel that black lagoon isn’t too bad of an example off drug outlaw as they traffic all sorts of things but in that show everyone does drugs so idk if that makes it better lol. I can’t think of a show with other focuses on that like you’re suggesting

I am not super familiar with gothic romance so I just have a vague idea what it is like. Tragedy is common in it but I don't think it's a requirement. Only anime I saw that could be an encompasing example of Gothic romance is Diabolik Lovers which a lot of people hated because they had expectations it would be same as stuff they see all the time in anime but my lack of expectations allowed me to enjoy it for what it was.

Yes so little horror in general and of what there is most is just horror themes not much of a horror.

Been too long since I watched Black Lagoon to rember and didn't watch the continuation of it yet either.

I did some thinking outside the box more and came up with more

ASMR - if you don't know what it is just look up the Wiki page then videos on YouTube. This could actually be interesting. Instead of focusing on story only place more focus on experience. This most likely would be slice of life maybe in a library for example (gives an excise for characters to whisper) or ecchi (seductive whispers in the night maybe?) but other genres can be done with the right creativity like a drama of someone surviving alone in the woods or something. It would be made to be watched with headphones on how many people watch anime anyway. Some of it would be from second or first person POV so visuals can be utilized as well.

Mukbang - this would be surprising if this never was made at least once I know it's a Korean thing but I bet some Japanese are into it too. Would most likely be an ecchi. Not saying it should be done just it probably will.
Feb 14, 2020 3:55 AM

Nov 2018
Hentai, but not hentai or borderline hentai.Ishuzoku reviewers deserves it.Calling it an ecchi comedy just doesn't seem right.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 14, 2020 5:23 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
traed said:
VirtuShi said:

I am not super familiar with gothic romance so I just have a vague idea what it is like. Tragedy is common in it but I don't think it's a requirement. Only anime I saw that could be an encompasing example of Gothic romance is Diabolik Lovers which a lot of people hated because they had expectations it would be same as stuff they see all the time in anime but my lack of expectations allowed me to enjoy it for what it was.

Yes so little horror in general and of what there is most is just horror themes not much of a horror.

Been too long since I watched Black Lagoon to rember and didn't watch the continuation of it yet either.

ASMR - if you don't know what it is just look up the Wiki page then videos on YouTube. This could actually be interesting. Instead of focusing on story only place more focus on experience. This most likely would be slice of life maybe in a library for example (gives an excise for characters to whisper) or ecchi (seductive whispers in the night maybe?) but other genres can be done with the right creativity like a drama of someone surviving alone in the woods or something. It would be made to be watched with headphones on how many people watch anime anyway. Some of it would be from second or first person POV so visuals can be utilized as well.

Mukbang - this would be surprising if this never was made at least once I know it's a Korean thing but I bet some Japanese are into it too. Would most likely be an ecchi. Not saying it should be done just it probably will.

Yeah I suppose ASMR would be quite nice to a lot of people. I personally only like the whole subtle music style but it would be great either way.

Feb 14, 2020 1:40 PM

Aug 2016
I have an idea. What if you logged into a virtual world and then the characters were unable to log back out again? I'm not sure what to call the genre though..
Feb 14, 2020 1:44 PM
Aug 2018
Maybe a Slice of life focused genre with different social rules or thought processes. Like more philosophically focused or something.
Feb 14, 2020 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Viltas said:
I have an idea. What if you logged into a virtual world and then the characters were unable to log back out again? I'm not sure what to call the genre though..

Oh my god. That is a very good genre idea! How about one where a character dies and gets reincarnated into a fantasy world? That would be an excellent idea.

Okay in all seriousness, I want more shows where you have a cute girl/cute girls in a Victorian era or an early 20th century setting (or something similar to that).
Shows from this kind of genre include Violet Evergarden, Youjo Senki, Gosick and Princess Principal.

Speaking of Princess Principal, I also want more neo noir or just straight up noir anime with cute girls just like it.

While it is already a thing, I think the urban fantasy shows with an ensemble cast should also be acknowledged more.
Shows include The To Aru series, Shakugan no Shana, Kekkai Sensen, K Project, Bungou Stray Dogs and Durarara.

Another thing I would love to see more in anime is focusing on characters with physical or mental disabilities. Sure there are many characters who suffer from this, but never really explored this kind of topic. The only anime I can think of that does so is A Silent Voice. There's also Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei which does uses this topic more as a satire.
removed-userFeb 14, 2020 6:46 PM
Feb 14, 2020 2:49 PM

Jan 2020
VirtuShi said:
AnimeSuckABit said:

So you’d rather want people to focus on something completely unique and amazing?

I guess. The Death Note concept is simple yet so effective.

A good fast-paced thriller with a good concept would be awesome.
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 14, 2020 3:08 PM

Aug 2010
After seeing Monogatari and Seishun Buta Yarou series, I guess the "cute girls having an abnormal problem and the MC solving those problems and enticing the cute girls into his harem" could be a genre aswell.
Feb 14, 2020 3:36 PM

Mar 2008
VirtuShi said:
traed said:

Yeah I suppose ASMR would be quite nice to a lot of people. I personally only like the whole subtle music style but it would be great either way.

I never managed to get a very noticable ASMR response i have some trouble understanding it too but they still can be relaxing since it's fairly calm.

Music style? Like ambient? Or are you talking about holophonic music?
Feb 14, 2020 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
My anime genre idea would be crime drama, neo-noir or action drama where a good deal of key characters get explicitly rubbed off by writers. Unfortunately, TV anime refuses to take risks, become edgier and less predictable, which sounds just like network television we have in the west. Just "safe", dimwitted, indifferent and funny with little talent.

On top of that, I don't see how battle shounen or comedy anime are skilled at all. Just because these anime are profitable, sticking to a paint by numbers formula and practical doesn't mean that they're skilled or new in concept.
Kurt_IrvingFeb 14, 2020 6:44 PM
Feb 14, 2020 6:43 PM

Oct 2019
I'm not bothered to read all the responses to see if other people have already said it but
I think dystopian fiction anime would be pretty damn cool.
There's already a whole lot of fantasy shows and a whole lot of dark ones too but the sort of apocalyptic feel of a dystopia isn't something I've seen a lot of. I suppose the Promised Neverland counts, and so does Girls Last Tour, but other than those two I can't really think of any others.
Feb 14, 2020 10:31 PM

Jul 2019
Gore. It belongs in horror but some don't have gore or that much blood. But even if they did have gore, I will like they will censor everything or it wouldn't be as good as the manga stuff.
Feb 15, 2020 2:28 AM
Aug 2013
There is no anime like adult cartoons...but that genre already exists in the cartoon world like south park, family guy, the simpsons, american dad, drawn together, etc...

I'd like to see some psychedelic genre of anime, yes there is already some anime kind of like this but could be an actual genre like here's an example there's a scene in the simpsons where homer simpson has a psychedelic trip and 1930's cartoons are pretty close to psychedelic style.

I'd just like to see more anime like cartoons in specific because cartoons don't really have a main story or even a proper genre they just do whatever. I've really been into australian online web cartoons lately like the big lez show, stepmates tv, darren & damo, etc
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 15, 2020 3:36 AM
Aug 2013
Would also like to see an anime about parkour and rooftopping
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 15, 2020 6:30 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
AnimeDownUnder said:

Thats quite an interesting idea. How would you show progression in the story?

Feb 15, 2020 6:33 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
marinara-sauce said:
I'm not bothered to read all the responses to see if other people have already said it but
I think dystopian fiction anime would be pretty damn cool.
There's already a whole lot of fantasy shows and a whole lot of dark ones too but the sort of apocalyptic feel of a dystopia isn't something I've seen a lot of. I suppose the Promised Neverland counts, and so does Girls Last Tour, but other than those two I can't really think of any others.

True and there is a lot of story that can come out of a dystopian type show and I feel like an anime can do the genre quite well. There are already some amazing movies about the genre in western media but I still think there's a lot of untapped potential.

Feb 15, 2020 6:35 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
traed said:
VirtuShi said:

I never managed to get a very noticable ASMR response i have some trouble understanding it too but they still can be relaxing since it's fairly calm.

Holophonic sound is quite surreal and can be interesting but yes i was mainly talking about calm ambient music that may get louder or quieter etc. Something with a calm background and not much else going on. I reckon that could work

Feb 15, 2020 6:36 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
Gyeferson said:
After seeing Monogatari and Seishun Buta Yarou series, I guess the "cute girls having an abnormal problem and the MC solving those problems and enticing the cute girls into his harem" could be a genre aswell.

As a big fan of both of them series, I'd love to see more from that type.
Where else do you think they could expand on?

Feb 15, 2020 6:54 AM

Mar 2008
VirtuShi said:
traed said:

Holophonic sound is quite surreal and can be interesting but yes i was mainly talking about calm ambient music that may get louder or quieter etc. Something with a calm background and not much else going on. I reckon that could work

Holophonic recording is something that should be tried in a music anime. Make it feel like you're surrounded by the characters and near them. Wont be too likely though since it's rare in music.

For ambient stuff you basically described Mushishi. The music is calm and fairly minimalistic in it and the art style backdrop is atmospheric.
Feb 15, 2020 7:06 AM

Jul 2014
The genre im looking for is horror not the horror like killing but ghosts and jumpscares with good plot, whenever im looking for horror it's always hunting or killing
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Feb 15, 2020 7:13 AM
Aug 2013
VirtuShi said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

Thats quite an interesting idea. How would you show progression in the story?

On youtube it's already a big thing people do where they do parkour and rooftopping, basically it's illegal to climb onto buildings so I guess the anime would be about sneaking onto roofs and then they would have to escape from police, security and avoid being caught. Then sometimes people get caught and you could see the process people go through after being caught like maybe spending time in jail, maybe going to court or maybe even just being banned from certain towns and being on the news. Sometimes you can get lucky and end up doing stunts for movies just like the youtubers called storror they now do stunts for movies. Red bull also hold parkour championships now legally where people compete so could also be a sport too and can show more about the training and competitive side of sports. Sometimes you get injured could show stuff about injury and recovery during that time. Parkour is usually associated with action as it's originally a martial art designed for escape and parkour anime goes hand in hand with action really well throw in some action scenes too. Not to mention it's dangerous you can die, people have died doing it can incorporate like a friend or even main character dying.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 15, 2020 7:18 AM
Feb 2014
More anime about the Otoman Empire

More realistic historical anime in other countries outside of Japan and not those typical European-esque medieval fantasy worlds.

More actual female oriented isekai with a female protagonist(I found lots of such manga/light novels, they just need to be adapted by a competent studio...)

More anime with a full male bishounen main cast(that's NOT yaoi, shounen-ai, bl, sports, mecha or idol/musical!)

More anime with Historical Japanese writers/poets.

More anime about the actual lives of Historical Japanese writers/poets.(So like biographies/autobiographies but in anime form.)

More anime adapting the works of Historical Japanese writers/poets.(faithfully and NOT adding fantasy/Sci-fi stuff to it if there was none in the original, and also NOT modernizing it!!!!)

More anime with Historical foreign writers/poets.

More anime about the actual lives of Historical foreign writers/poets.(So like biographies/autobiographies but in anime form.)

More anime adapting the works of Historical foreign writers/poets.(faithfully and NOT adding fantasy/Sci-fi stuff to it if there was none in the original, and also NOT modernizing it!!!!)

More mahou shoujo anime besides Precure that's actually targeted to a young and teenage female audience again and not the edgy male oriented garbage that's been churned out since Madoka!!!!!

More reverse harems adapted from manga/light novels

More otome game adaptations

More female oriented browser/mobile game adaptations that are NOT idol/musical based!!!!

More actually good childrens anime again like Pokemon and Digimon.

More shoujo/Josei adaptations in general, especially from manga and light novels.

More anime with cute animals as main characters such as Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga, Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka?, Miira no Kaikata and Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.

More anime about/with foreign mythology like Greek/Egyptian/Celtic etc.

More anime about/with Japanese mythology in general.

More romantic dramas and romantic comedies with couples in their 20''s and early 30"s.

More anime adding a fantasy spin on mundane everyday jobs like Tegamibachi and Enn Enn no Shouboutai.

More creative anime like Hataraku Saibou in general.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 15, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2013
MurukoHiiragi said:
The genre im looking for is horror not the horror like killing but ghosts and jumpscares with good plot, whenever im looking for horror it's always hunting or killing

Me too as long as a good deal of good guys or protagonists get to die in the process. Other than that, we should be seeing more monster-themed anime with lots of carnage and savagery. Life is not as cheery as it seems.

Now I'm thinking of Hulk explicitly destroying mankind with bloodbaths included.
Kurt_IrvingFeb 15, 2020 7:31 AM
Feb 15, 2020 7:57 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
traed said:
VirtuShi said:

Holophonic recording is something that should be tried in a music anime. Make it feel like you're surrounded by the characters and near them. Wont be too likely though since it's rare in music.

For ambient stuff you basically described Mushishi. The music is calm and fairly minimalistic in it and the art style backdrop is atmospheric.

I've heard of Mushishi, and want to watch it due to hearing it's a lot like Nastsume Yuujinchou.

Feb 15, 2020 4:24 PM

Feb 2020
I've got this amazing idea for a brand new genre that hasn't been beaten to death before.

A normal boy wakes up in a fantasy world.

What'd you think?
Feb 15, 2020 4:38 PM

Aug 2010
VirtuShi said:
Gyeferson said:

As a big fan of both of them series, I'd love to see more from that type.
Where else do you think they could expand on?

We can also make the "cute girls having an abnormal problem and the MC solving those problems and enticing the cute girls into his harem" in a detective story setting with slice of life elements.

Answering your question, I think we have space for improvements in trading card games animes, Yu Gi Oh shows us various sceneries where we can have good stories and waste the potential of them all.
Feb 15, 2020 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Dauphine said:
More realistic historical anime in other countries outside of Japan and not those typical European-esque medieval fantasy worlds.

There are several anime like that like that like Violet Evergarden and Gosick. That is, if yo're okay with violence and death (don't worry, they're not too heavy on those elements).
Dauphine said:
More anime with a full male bishounen main cast(that's NOT yaoi, shounen-ai, bl, sports, mecha or idol/musical!)
There's already plenty of those. But what I can say is that there needs to be more shows of this kind with a lasting impact.
Dauphine said:
More anime with Historical foreign writers/poets.
Wow. You really do love Bungou Stray Dogs. Black Butler kinda has Arthur Conan Doyle in it. But yeah, quite interesting idea.
Dauphine said:
More otome game adaptations
More female oriented browser/mobile game adaptations that are NOT idol/musical based!!!!
I think there are plenty as well, But most of them, from what I've heard, are not well recieved.
Dauphine said:
More anime with cute animals as main characters such as Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga, Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka?, Miira no Kaikata and Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.

Well there is Aggretsuko which was well received by a lot of people. But it may not relate to you as much as others did.
Dauphine said:
More anime about/with Japanese mythology in general.

There are also plenty of anime like this. I mean, anime is from Japan, so why not make anime with those.

Judging from your preference, it appears that you want more justice for female oriented shows. I'll join in the bandwagon if you wish.
Feb 16, 2020 7:49 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
Lustboi said:
I've got this amazing idea for a brand new genre that hasn't been beaten to death before.

A normal boy wakes up in a fantasy world.

What'd you think?

I don't know. I dont think the anime community would like that genre. Surely it wouldn't be the only thing in seasonal anime so I think it would totally flop

Feb 17, 2020 3:36 AM
Jun 2019
Well what about an anime where the MC lose or die and then we follow an other MC ? Never saw that, for example the MC is a man but he gets killed, then his killer become the MC but later he gets killed too so his killer become the MC but he gets killed and etc lol just a bad idea i guess but that could be fun if it's well done and surprising because we'll never know what will happens to the MC and every ennemy would be a potential MC. Haha I have to stop smoking
Feb 17, 2020 3:33 PM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
ysphyr said:
So I’ve been seeing some threads about sports that are yet to be explored in anime. And I thought - what if we had an anime not about a particular sport but about all of them? It would be a cross-sports extravaganza!
The plot will be something like this: The fiendish entity summons the best athletes right from Tokyo Olympics 2020. Now as a team they have to compete in the sport yet unknown to mankind. Will they be able to adapt their skills and tactics to master the brand new gameplay? Will they manage to leave their selfish ambitions behind and work as a team? The Destiny of Men is on stake in these... Cyclon Wars.

Hahaha I had so much fun making this up! Imagine how hard it’ll be to create a story like this, you’ll have to be a total sports nerd to blend all the sports together. Ganbare! Whoever wants to make it

I Love that premise!!! I'd love to look more into that idea and what it could bring. There's a lot of potential. Love it

Feb 17, 2020 3:35 PM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
Alukahh said:
Well what about an anime where the MC lose or die and then we follow an other MC ? Never saw that, for example the MC is a man but he gets killed, then his killer become the MC but later he gets killed too so his killer become the MC but he gets killed and etc lol just a bad idea i guess but that could be fun if it's well done and surprising because we'll never know what will happens to the MC and every ennemy would be a potential MC. Haha I have to stop smoking

No I like that, evolves the story from not only a perspective, but a personal view and emotional view. You see how different people act and get more invested in each character.

Feb 17, 2020 3:37 PM

May 2019
If there's an Apocalypse tag on MAL, I'd be down for it. Although I think most of it falls under Sci Fi or Fantasy.
Feb 18, 2020 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
This is a detailed concept, a plot rather than a genre but I really want to share it and know what you guys think about it. This might be bit long text, let me warn you.

This anime has an episodic storytelling. Even further, characters and places will be totally different, every episode has its own story and completely independent from each other. Only thing that never changes is our main character, he's an omnipresent being and has a massive lifespan.

The setting of the world would be like slice of life. Nothing super natural, just mundane lifes of normal people. But every episode focuses on a specific concepts in our daily lifes like friendship, family bonds, love, youth, innocence, meaning of hardwork, regret, guilt, depression, existential crisis, anything you can imagine. For instance, one episode is all about highschool kids, the concept of friendship and youth is told through these characters and what happens to them. On the other hand, another episode is about an ex-criminal who just got out of prison after all those years and he has the chance to undo his mistakes. Regret and shame can be explained with his character but at the same time redemption because he gets a second chance. Or another story would a about an old man who just reminisces his whole life. The concept of time can be analyzed with this man. Possibilities are endless!

Kinda sounds generic at first but what would make this anime unique is our main character, he's the key. As I said, he's an omnipresent being, so he can be anywhere he wants. What he does is observing these people's lives and tells us their story. He is our narrator but we get to hear and see these characters interact each other without our narrator as well, for instance in possible flashbacks. The narrator is going to physically exist in the world in human form and walk among people. He even also gets the chance to interact with our characters. He can help them but he's not like a god that can solve every problem with just snapping his finger. He generally just talks to them. He can even shapeshift and approach to those people with totally different appearance, but again as a human.

The narrator is wise, has the experience of ages but still he thinks he has a lot to learn. Because of his experience, he's also good at communicating with all sorts of people. He can understand and communicate with kids, teens, old people etc. That's why he also has a good sense of humor which is very important to make this show watchable.

Here's another catch, the narrator can break the fourth wall. He can speak to the audience frequently. He even looks at the camera time to time. Imagine like in House of Cards. He can make witty and subtle jokes in a friendly fashion. So, everybody loves 4th wall breaks, I think this is one of the crucial aspects of this character. It can make the whole show more appealing.

The show is intended make you both sad and happy, just like in real life. But at the end, it has a friendly and light-hearted manner with its humor, stories and characters. Everytime you finish an episode, you end up having a bittersweet smile on your face. That is the ultimate goal of the show. It's really similiar with the feeling of nostalgia, you love to remember those times but at the same time it kinda hurts you. Basically, this show will make you think about yourself and your surroundings by questioning those concepts in life as I mentioned earlier.

I know this plot kinda sounds like a boomer stuff, not flashy and usual over the top anime thing but I'd love to see it in an animated medium, especially as an anime. Feel free to share what you think about it.
Feb 19, 2020 10:24 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
Star-Storm said:
If there's an Apocalypse tag on MAL, I'd be down for it. Although I think most of it falls under Sci Fi or Fantasy.

I love a good old apocalypse show and Id love for so many more shows in the genre.

Feb 19, 2020 10:36 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
EpicSaxGuy said:
This is a detailed concept, a plot rather than a genre but I really want to share it and know what you guys think about it. This might be bit long text, let me warn you.

This anime has an episodic storytelling. Even further, characters and places will be totally different, every episode has its own story and completely independent from each other. Only thing that never changes is our main character, he's an omnipresent being and has a massive lifespan.

The setting of the world would be like slice of life. Nothing super natural, just mundane lifes of normal people. But every episode focuses on a specific concepts in our daily lifes like friendship, family bonds, love, youth, innocence, meaning of hardwork, regret, guilt, depression, existential crisis, anything you can imagine. For instance, one episode is all about highschool kids, the concept of friendship and youth is told through these characters and what happens to them. On the other hand, another episode is about an ex-criminal who just got out of prison after all those years and he has the chance to undo his mistakes. Regret and shame can be explained with his character but at the same time redemption because he gets a second chance. Or another story would a about an old man who just reminisces his whole life. The concept of time can be analyzed with this man. Possibilities are endless!

Kinda sounds generic at first but what would make this anime unique is our main character, he's the key. As I said, he's an omnipresent being, so he can be anywhere he wants. What he does is observing these people's lives and tells us their story. He is our narrator but we get to hear and see these characters interact each other without our narrator as well, for instance in possible flashbacks. The narrator is going to physically exist in the world in human form and walk among people. He even also gets the chance to interact with our characters. He can help them but he's not like a god that can solve every problem with just snapping his finger. He generally just talks to them. He can even shapeshift and approach to those people with totally different appearance, but again as a human.

The narrator is wise, has the experience of ages but still he thinks he has a lot to learn. Because of his experience, he's also good at communicating with all sorts of people. He can understand and communicate with kids, teens, old people etc. That's why he also has a good sense of humor which is very important to make this show watchable.

Here's another catch, the narrator can break the fourth wall. He can speak to the audience frequently. He even looks at the camera time to time. Imagine like in House of Cards. He can make witty and subtle jokes in a friendly fashion. So, everybody loves 4th wall breaks, I think this is one of the crucial aspects of this character. It can make the whole show more appealing.

The show is intended make you both sad and happy, just like in real life. But at the end, it has a friendly and light-hearted manner with its humor, stories and characters. Everytime you finish an episode, you end up having a bittersweet smile on your face. That is the ultimate goal of the show. It's really similiar with the feeling of nostalgia, you love to remember those times but at the same time it kinda hurts you. Basically, this show will make you think about yourself and your surroundings by questioning those concepts in life as I mentioned earlier.

I know this plot kinda sounds like a boomer stuff, not flashy and usual over the top anime thing but I'd love to see it in an animated medium, especially as an anime. Feel free to share what you think about it.

I like the idea, what genre would you like it to fit under?
The fourth wall breaking and humour reminds me a lot of Gintoki form Gintama.

Would the characters themselves slowly interact with each other and would the narrator try to get them to all know each other to make up for what they don't have.

Emotional themes can make or break a show, I feel like it should have a low end theme of making you happy or sad, a lot like the slice of life anime like natsume yuujinchou etc.

Any way thank you very much for the idea. I love seeing creativity.

May 8, 2020 7:01 AM
Apr 2016
Here, be blessed with myself.

A student from final secondary school grade has bits of flashbacks and wakes up in a dump cave. He remembers nothing of how he came to be in there, but a cloud of darkness with glowing pink eyes approaches him and tells him that the youth is now its servant. The youth must serve the entity or forget about ever returning home.

In an unknown world of medieval fantasy the boy is tasked with the following: get close to the royalty and slay the princess, the first female to be crowned someday next year. Then, the boy is left to himself. While traveling the world, he will discover its story, what species live there and what is their culture. He will also have think on how to assassinate the princess the best way and how to make his own living in the unsympathetic medieval ages.

Gradually he will remember who exactly he is, and what happened right before he got summoned to that world.

The main point is to follow an anti-hero, whose only initial goal is to find a way out of the foreign reality. In terms of the genre it would be a mix of the generic "another world" with psychological, theological and philosophical narratives.
Re:formed
May 8, 2020 7:04 AM

Apr 2014
Victorian-romance anime. I need more of those.
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
11 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
26 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
28 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
31 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.