Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 15, 2020 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At least Eri is doing better now after all the shit she's went through.

Kind of a slow episode but whatever. Danger is approaching soon and regardless of the circumstances, there's still a lot of work to be done. And Eri herself needs mental and physical recovery herself.

Nice to see Gentle and La Brava!
Feb 15, 2020 1:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool they take Eri to the school festival, it's a good idea but apparently they will have some difficulties with that new villain, I can't wait to see that
Feb 15, 2020 2:00 AM

Sep 2018
Damn sad Eri-chan always makes me wanna cry,such a sweet little girl...

Also Gentle and La Brava finally make their appearance, their VAs both sound great !
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 15, 2020 2:07 AM

Mar 2008
Pinky's got mad dance skillz.

Mineta suggesting a boob cafe then being strung up by Froppy. lmao

Blushing Jiro was hella cute and Eri is gonna get to have some fun at the school festival or so I hope.

Also, What's with these gentle criminals? lol

Feb 15, 2020 2:19 AM

Apr 2018
Yo, that old man may be a criminal... but at least he's gentle... lmao

Don't worry, he'll only "gently" kick ur ass. xD
Feb 15, 2020 2:36 AM

Feb 2019
Eri fantasizing about ringo ame. Love that look especially after seeing the crap she went through.

Criminals using YouTube to become popular lmao.
Feb 15, 2020 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
Jiro's so cute, she needs more screentime and looks like that will happen in this arc. That new criminal's so gentle. Seems like he'll cause some gentle trouble in the festival.
Feb 15, 2020 2:55 AM

Oct 2019
The more I hear the op the more I like it

Jirou and Eri are both so cute!! Eri's face when she was thinking about candy apples was too adorable.

Don't mind me subtly pushing the Jirou x Kaminari ship
Feb 15, 2020 2:57 AM

Apr 2014
Am I crazy or is everyone's hair really small this episode? Deku's especially
Feb 15, 2020 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
New villain be like:

"I raid U.A.'s school festival [Gone Wrong]"

Nice to hear Yui Horie. Didn't expect they would cast her for BNHA. It was a pleasant surprise.
Feb 15, 2020 3:42 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
THERE THEY ARE!!! MY ABSOLUTE FAVS. (La Brava sounds a little more higher pitched then I was expecting but she’s still cute and I’m very curious to see her other sides acted out)

Gosh they really added more punch to this section; faithful yet they emphasized more scenes. I haven’t seen that in so long, so nice. And such a T of quality to the manga I couldn’t believe it.

Mina and Jirou really stood out as the best. 🙏🏼

Also them making the gag of Todo and Baku dancing into an even flashier joke was 😂

StripesFeb 15, 2020 3:59 AM
Feb 15, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2017
I had to constantly skip in between the second half, they're unnecessarily focusing a lot on Eri.

Eh, Gentle's like one of the WORST villains in this series. Hope they don't focus much on him since there's no point to it anyway.
Feb 15, 2020 3:58 AM

Apr 2017
Finally, my favorite villain is here.
cunnysseur
Feb 15, 2020 4:06 AM

Oct 2015
Gentle and La Brava saved the episode. I didn't realise I wasn't smiling until they showed up.
Feb 15, 2020 4:22 AM
Jun 2017
Gentle and La Brava... well lets see what criminal acts will they be doing
Feb 15, 2020 4:35 AM

Oct 2018
so we are going to dance now ... great...

lemillion , you made me cry again......
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 15, 2020 5:16 AM
Dec 2019
Lemillion was like "we're going on a date!" Eri-chan asked what a date was. Lemillion had a long-winded answer that was made funny because of Midoriya. Good vibes this episode.
Feb 15, 2020 5:17 AM

Jun 2009
Finally Gentle and La Brava are here. Love those two.
Feb 15, 2020 5:36 AM

Nov 2016
Dancing Ashido and Jiro <3 So much delight which made the episode really hella fun. Just the scene with Eri hit in de feels ;_; but Midoriya and Mirio were able to brighten up the mood and now I'm looking even more forward to the festival and especially the performance. Mirio gotta chill, tho, please wait another 13 years or so xD

Also favorite "villain" duo appeared.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 15, 2020 5:57 AM
Aug 2019
Don't mind me shipping Jirou x Kaminari. That Eri part was sad I want to see her smile too.

Feb 15, 2020 6:02 AM
Dec 2017
Gentle's here, and while some may say it's the worst villain, I love him.
Plus Koichi Yamadera does his voice and it's fantastic.

I'm not a fan of this episode.
First thing : they put the intro they had put on the first episode of the season, and it's completely useless. On the first episode you can put it to remind watchers of the plot, but the 18th episode ?
There's no point in doing that, they just wanted to gain time.

Second : Very slow episode. It adapts only two chapters, and definitely not the most interesting ones, so I guess it can't be helped.

Third : They added quite a few scenes compared to the manga.
There was this JoJo's "To be continued" reference (at the end of Gentle's video) and the drop of tea that arrives in his eye, that was funny.
But that's all.
Voice acting and animation (quite poor again) felt unnatural. There were too much spaces between dialogues, and the little moments like Deku and Aoyama learning to dance were made longer, which slowed down even more the episode. Some OSTs didn't felt "accurate" either.

If it wasn't for Gentle, it would've been 2/5, but he saves the day, so it'll be 3/5.
Feb 15, 2020 6:28 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was very entertaining :) and it ended fast :(

It made me sad knowing Eri didn't know how to smile :( The School Festival will be great for her and will show us a smile eventually. The Heroes will make sure to change that and can't wait to see that ^^

The new criminal seems like he likes fooling around >.> He doesn't look bad nor good. Simply neutral, and that's ok I guess... let's see how this goes.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 15, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
Jiro is getting some screentime at last. She was pretty cute when she acted all shy and tsundere, but I do look forward to seeing her playing her part for the upcoming festival music performance. This is her time to shine and I think she'll do a fine job. =)

Eri appears once again and the suggestion of taking her to the school festival with Mirio and Deku sounds nice. The way she fantasised about candy apples while drooling was too cute! X3

However, the new villains, Gentle and La Brava, have been up to no good and it's a bit unusual to use the HeroAca version of YouTube to promote their dastardly deeds. Despite Gentle's failed attempt to pour himself a cup of tea on a windy rooftop, I think these two will a problem that our heroes need to deal with soon.

Either way, this episode had some funny moments that I've missed from the other students of class 1-A, so it's good to see that again. =)
Feb 15, 2020 6:46 AM
Dec 2015
The Todoroki and Bakugo dancing part is the highlight of the season LOL
Feb 15, 2020 6:48 AM

May 2019
I'm interested in this new arc, and to see the hype around endeavour bear fruit

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 15, 2020 7:18 AM
Sep 2015
Wake me up when Endeavor and his husband Hawks appear together.
Feb 15, 2020 7:19 AM
May 2019
I like this arc, even tho it has sort of a filler feeling.
And damn, Eri-chan and Lemillion, don't play with my heart like that.
Now, Gentle, I wanted to see you for so long... Bones, please, at least once this season, don't let me down.

phantomfandom said:

Will they appear tho? They are probably going to keep a pace of 2 episodes for this arc, which means it'll end in episode 24 likely. I think Pro Hero arc will take at least 3.5 episodes to be addapted in the anime. I was hoping we could see it, but I think it'll be the cliffhanger to the next season.
CaioOliveFeb 15, 2020 7:24 AM
Feb 15, 2020 7:20 AM

May 2019
Gentle has already gained my love and attention. I would love to see more of him. can't we just deal with interesting people like him or stain rather than the stupid ass villains league

Can't wait to see the school festival. Best boy Koda finally spoke this episode.

And once again, let me say my motto: Mirio should've been the main protagonist.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 15, 2020 7:36 AM
Sep 2015
CaioOlive said:

phantomfandom said:

Will they appear tho? They are probably going to keep a pace of 2 episodes for this arc, which means it'll end in episode 24 likely. I think Pro Hero arc will take at least 3.5 episodes to be addapted in the anime. I was hoping we could see it, but I think it'll be the cliffhanger to the next season.

I heard they already announced voice actor of Hawks
Feb 15, 2020 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
So we get some Denki x Jirou ship moments, some more Eri coming up and a pretty funny villain? Not a bad way to start a school festival arc

At first I thought the OP was designed that way just to fit the music but now I'm guessing it has to do with the actual arc itself
Feb 15, 2020 9:12 AM

Mar 2017
Yaaay! Gentle and La Brava have arrived! I personally find them really awesome because there's no way that every villain in the world would be so serious and evil as the League of Villains or Chisaki so it makes this duo feel more realistic.

I'm shaking with excitement for the Cultural Festival... it's gonna ROCK (see what I did there?). I also love that Todoroki of all people was like "Let's put on a fucking concert!" haha The scene were Midoriya invited Eri to the Cultural Festival was super heartwarming too... bless you, Midorya and you're pure soul!
Feb 15, 2020 9:22 AM

Mar 2019
I can't wait to see Eri smile. A nice introduction to LA brava and Gentle Criminal, I skipped this arc in the manga so I can't wait to see this animated
Feb 15, 2020 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
This crime was brought to you by RaId ShAdOw LeGeNdS.
Don't forget to like and subscribe.

I'm so excited to be finally getting Gentle and La Brava!

Feb 15, 2020 9:45 AM

Feb 2020
Though Gentle and La Brava are not my favorites, it was great to see them! This episode was slow, but enjoyable! I still had fun with it even though I have read the manga.
Feb 15, 2020 10:10 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
If you take out the hero element, this would just been some classic festival theme just like any other anime which is pretty cool. Japan school setting anime must always have the culture festival anyway.

The Eri part and the flashback was totally unnecessary. The way it stretch out take too much time slot for this episode. At least to a fast flashback instead of a slow one.

The episode director could have done a better job. Don't explain what we already know about the festival. It's just exaggerating and dragging out. I already predicted what Izuku going to do the moment he walked in to see Eri when they started thinking about the festival.

I say it would been better to have this episode focus solely on the festival preparation.
If this episode were to be direct a different way, it would be something like this:

Just because this is a hero anime, it doesn't mean that you have to have a villain in it everytime. For a school festival like this, it's unnecessary to have a villian crash the party.
Fuwa_sanFeb 15, 2020 10:19 AM
Feb 15, 2020 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
Gentle looks like he's gonna be a whole lot of fun, and nice to see Eri doing better, I want her to be happy.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 15, 2020 10:23 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:

Most likely won’t appear until the very end of the season. Unless you go watch the movie, they’re both in there.
Feb 15, 2020 10:30 AM
Jan 2020
Finally the cultural festival is happening !! I can't wait to hear Jirou's voice!

I thought amazing that Bones animated the panel of Todoroki and Bakugou dancing.

La Brava and Gentle are perfect and Eri is finally going to have happy moments with her heroes.
Feb 15, 2020 10:36 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I can't help but watch Ashido break dancing. She's so awesome. The 1-A class has decided to do a live action performance so I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. That disco scene involving Bakugo and Todoroki was hilarious.
Feb 15, 2020 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
Expected to see slime girl more, But yeah pretty dull second half.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 15, 2020 11:04 AM

Mar 2016
The comedic tone of the class choosing what they wanted to do for the festival was good as always. Mineta, son of a bitch you never let me down. And the part of Eri, poor little girl, even without Chisaki around she's still suffering, I want to see her smile too. And the last part was... 'meh', I hope Bones wrap up everything in less than two episodes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 15, 2020 11:05 AM
Apr 2019
I love these kids...so much....
Feb 15, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2019
KatsutoSaki said:
I had to constantly skip in between the second half, they're unnecessarily focusing a lot on Eri.

Eh, Gentle's like one of the WORST villains in this series. Hope they don't focus much on him since there's no point to it anyway.

yeah me too the first half was really good but the second half was painful to watch so i skipped a lot of it
honorary member of ninomiya squad
Feb 15, 2020 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
its Jiros time to shine with her music, Eri is cute and Gente is finally here i always love his quirk
Feb 15, 2020 12:17 PM

May 2018
Highlight of the episode:

Pretty cute episode with a few funny moments that made me giggle. I particularly loved Mina, Kaminari and Jiro this episode. Also nice to see Eri and Mirio.

I guess this "school festival arc" is going to be about developing the 1-A class. Im alright with this as long as it done right and actually fleshes out some of the students in the class.
SeijatachiiiiFeb 15, 2020 12:24 PM
Feb 15, 2020 12:19 PM

May 2015
An ok episode. It was nice to see a bit of that Jiro X electic guy ship.

I feel the OPs are telling of how the arc will be. The better the OP the better the arc. Thats how its been for me at least and these last two OPs have been pretty meh. MHA has had a trend of always having amazing OPs then (In my opinion) they dropped it with this season. I really hope they can pick it back up in season 5.

It sucks to see MHA go slice of life. Im a huge slice of life fan but I watch MHA for the action so this arc will probably just remain "ok". Especially since they've already had a villain they'll never be able to match up to, All For One.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 15, 2020 12:19 PM

Dec 2015
I can't belive I went from "So hyped that marathoned first arc from S3" to "considering dropping the whole series for good"
Feb 15, 2020 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
What a traumatizing episode. Never want to see Deku dance like that ever again. XD

A wild Gintok-erm... I mean Gentle has appeared. Intriguing character and cool design.
Feb 15, 2020 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
this gentle boi is more like gentle trouble
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.