Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2020 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kageyama seems more aggressive than usual.

Coming home from the camp, it looks like Hinata and the others didn't wait long to get into another practice game. This season has been a lot about building up their skills so the players are eager to show what their progress.

Feb 14, 2020 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
Others asking about their practice.

Main guy helping out with the background.

They are surprised at main guy's change.

Setter guy instructing main guy about better jump.

Setter guy seems to be jealous that main guy is talking friendly w. others after the practice.

Practice match time. The block giving them hard time, but this practice match happens to get used to the block. Wow @ what Setter guy said to Nobu's character.
tsubasaloverFeb 14, 2020 9:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 14, 2020 9:20 AM
Mar 2019
Today's episode was fire as usual, glad to see them back in action (action being playing against a team) after focusing mostly on the player's progression, can't wait to see more episodes

Also check out this person's sense on haikyuu
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Kmrf7NJGE
Feb 14, 2020 10:43 AM

Oct 2019
Where did people watch this episode? it´s not on Crunchyroll?
Feb 14, 2020 12:02 PM

Aug 2019
The previous episodes were really good, but this episode is much more better, it's finally starting to get as good as the previous seasons. This episode felt like 5 minutes.

Feb 14, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
finally back on track

HybenWinther said:

japanese tv buddy
Feb 14, 2020 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
Time to put the new skills into the team, with a practice match against Date Tech
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2020 12:24 PM
Jan 2018
Guys anyone feels disappointed with this season of haikyuu.I feel the animation is not smooth.
in previous seasons we can see the ball starting from the server,then the three touches very smoothly but in this season they seem to cut all the flow of the ball from the three touches.Its like the ball just touches the person and ball goes out.
Since the genre is comedy they are deliberating trying to make it funny,but it is not funny at all.
CRONOS21426Feb 14, 2020 12:29 PM
Feb 14, 2020 12:30 PM

Feb 2020
Finally an practice match and probably my favorite episode so far of this season. Hopefully it will keep up like it is now.
Feb 14, 2020 12:32 PM

Mar 2015
CRONOS21426 said:
Guys anyone feels disappointed with this season of haikyuu.I feel the animation is not smooth.
in previous seasons we can see the ball starting from the server,then the three touches very smoothly but in this season they seem to cut all the flow of the ball from the three touches.Its like the ball just touches the person and ball goes out.
Since the genre is comedy they are deliberating trying to make it funny,but it is not funny at all.

I swear i read this same comment every time a new episode is out.
Feb 14, 2020 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

We finally got to see the whole team in action and this time a practice match against Date Tech. Karasuno is not the only team that has improved.

That ending with Nishinoya... what have to done Kageyama.

Feb 14, 2020 12:38 PM

Apr 2009
Zaro_1 said:
The previous episodes were really good, but this episode is much more better, it's finally starting to get as good as the previous seasons. This episode felt like 5 minutes.

Yeah, it's absolutely insane how absorbing it was. When the credits popped up I couldn't quite believe the episode was over. Gets me super excited for what's about to unfurl.

Feb 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Sep 2017
is it me or coach voice actor is different
Feb 14, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2015
I loved how Kageyama was teachiing Hinata how to jump even higher by telling him the technique and approach, I was totally absorbed during that part. And a game against Date Tech always seems to be tough and stressful, but this time around the stress is on Kageyama's side.

That last scene though seeing Nishinoya mad was something else, and that episode preview was even better lmao.
Feb 14, 2020 1:10 PM

Oct 2019
Tyestor said:
finally back on track

HybenWinther said:

japanese tv buddy

argh, lucky you, I hate that I have to wait
Feb 14, 2020 1:20 PM

Dec 2014
this season has been so intense...hmmm what would be the actual tournament like....hmmm
Feb 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2017
Great episode. Date Tech's walls are something else. I wonder what problems does Kageyama has with Nishinoya.
Feb 14, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
That lineup intro felt like something out of a video game lol

but that was a weird place to end the episode xd. Nishinoya rage mode activated

CRONOS21426 said:

yea it's certainly not up to par with the previous seasons. At least the animation isn't completely broken (like Hinata's high jump for instance) but I just hope it doesn't resort to powerpoint slides for the bigger matches
Feb 14, 2020 1:49 PM
Jan 2018
lezerman said:
CRONOS21426 said:

I swear i read this same comment every time a new episode is out.
so quite a lot of us do agree
Feb 14, 2020 1:51 PM
Jan 2018
Short_Circut said:

CRONOS21426 said:

yea it's certainly not up to par with the previous seasons. At least the animation isn't completely broken (like Hinata's high jump for instance) but I just hope it doesn't resort to powerpoint slides for the bigger matches
that face Nishinoya made really looked liiked shit ,have seen better angry faces animation.The facial animation is literaly shit in this season
Feb 14, 2020 2:12 PM

Feb 2011
CRONOS21426 said:
Short_Circut said:

that face Nishinoya made really looked liiked shit ,have seen better angry faces animation.The facial animation is literaly shit in this season

I'm losing brain cells reading your comments
Feb 14, 2020 2:29 PM

Oct 2018
CRONOS21426 said:
The facial animation is literaly shit in this season

Personally, I think that has improved compared to previous seasons. Characters' expressions are much more intense and they're able to convey a lot.
It's possible that I feel this way because I come from the manga, in this season I can finally "recognise" the characters I've read about.
But it's understandable that the changed art style may feel weird for those who only watched the anime, the difference is quite noticeable at times.
Feb 14, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2019
Damn I sure missed a good match with Dateko. Kogane is best boy.

And we saw a ROLLING THUNDER yess

This episode had some seriously funny facial expressions lol.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 14, 2020 3:09 PM

Feb 2018
I kinda hope this practice match doesn't take up too many episodes; we only get a limited # of them. I want to see tourney matches with some stakes. Or, you know, episodes where we learn more about the characters outside of volleyball altogether.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Feb 14, 2020 3:28 PM

Nov 2016
Gotta love Dateko, kinda feels they're one of the most underrated teams around.

And oh snap, the King is back.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2020 3:54 PM

Jun 2007
for some reason this episode got me less hyped than all the previous ones... i don't even know why. looking forward to the next one to find out what's kageyama up to!
Hatsuyuki said:
I'm losing brain cells reading your comments

we all love haikyuu here please guys lets not attack each other and stuff especially over mere disliking the quality of animation
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 14, 2020 4:05 PM

Mar 2018
I'm afraid ths episode confirms that I have a really hard time getting used to the new designs, especially Asahi, he looks so big here.

Also and again, much more stills than the show's used to. It's definetly not on MHA S4 EP 11 level but as someone who's rewatched the whole show three times, it sure is hard to not notice.

That said, the team interraction were once again priceless, even tho I feel like soometime the comedic timing is a tiny bit off I cracked a smile.

The writing is still top tier, can't wait for next week.
Feb 14, 2020 5:31 PM

Sep 2012
Nishinoya ez boy, chill the f up, if you're in the way - you're in the way. Whacha gonna do.
Feb 14, 2020 5:33 PM
Apr 2016
CRONOS21426 said:
Short_Circut said:

Bruh there is LITERALLY A THREAD FOR YOU TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ANIMATION. WE'RE DONE READING THE SAME COMMENT OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR EVERY EPISODE.

Also, you don't know what animation is if you think the expressions are shit. They're very detailed and convey emotion well. Hinata's expressions in episode 2 are AMAZING and you can feel his frustration and shame every time he is confronted by someone.
Feb 14, 2020 5:48 PM
Mar 2015
Date Tech makes improvements difficult to implement
Feb 14, 2020 5:58 PM
Aug 2019
CRONOS21426 said:

The change in animation this scene is because they wanted to change the art style to to reflect the manga. And, I don't know about you i hardly laughed this episode maybe 3 times, yet I was totally absorbed when the credits came on I was totally surprised.
Feb 14, 2020 6:04 PM

Sep 2013
I'm hyped to see the player introductions. They've been a real good staple in the manga. And I gotta admit, I don't even remember this Kageyama development at all, so that's interesting in it's own way.
Feb 14, 2020 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

The pre-match soundtrack usage is incredible as always, never fails to get me hyped up. I loved the moment where Hinata jumped in the air and Daichi yells "Go Home!". That made me laugh so much. xD

Finally, a match. Date-Tech aren't to be underestimated and they're proving more difficult for Kageyama than anticipated. That ending though, Kageyama. :O
Feb 14, 2020 6:22 PM

Oct 2009
DateKo's iron wall depicted as a game of iron tetris. Dunno about others but it cracked me up. xD Talk about a cliffhanger though. And then seeing Tsukishima smile in the preview, I mean if you thought that iron wall was scary.....
Feb 14, 2020 6:29 PM
Sep 2015
The whole team are together now and they're very cute.
Tsukki seems happy that Kageyama is having a fight with Nishinoya, that's so him LOL
Karasuna is probably the only school that third year students are still playing.
Bokuto appears as imaginary still image can still make me hard, that's how much I love him. He reminds me of Garo from One Punch Man, which is also very hot!
Feb 14, 2020 9:09 PM
Mar 2018
what did kageyama mean when he told nishinoya he was in the way at the end? not sure what happened at the end when nishinoya got mad
Feb 14, 2020 9:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode! Definitely far shorter than the regular 24 minutes, I swear.

Pure hype to see the team back together and on a mission together! Dateko will most certainly bring out something in Karasuno and you can tell we're footsteps away from it (hopefully, anyway). Jeez, the Wall is menacing as ever though!

I suppose it'll take Karasuno a little more time to find their grooves and merge together unlike Dateko who've most likely been focusing on that from day to night.

Kageyama teaching Hinata to pull off the crazy jump there, like Hanae-san's character, was freakin' amazing! And that receive out of nowhere from Hinata too, holy damn! A little more time and practice and he's going to turn out to be a lethal force in offense and defense in no time.

Bloody cliffhanger! Nishinoya ticked off and Kageyama on the way to possibly forcing some change (surely not reverting back to his 王様 self, right?) is a very aggravating note to sign off with for anime-onlies lol...

And the music. Man, I just love this show's soundtrack! Never fails to hype the heck out of me!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 14, 2020 11:16 PM

Oct 2017
I wanna see that jump of Hinata asap. He almost did it but Daichi snapped at them and he stopped. Hope he does it in this match.
Feb 14, 2020 11:45 PM
Apr 2016
HotPocketChris said:
what did kageyama mean when he told nishinoya he was in the way at the end? not sure what happened at the end when nishinoya got mad

At the All-Japan camp, a coach noted that the Itachiyama Libero (Sakusa's teammate) was quick to move out of the spiker's run-up after a receive to let them spike. Kageyama noticed that Nishinoya was blocking Asahi's run-up.
Feb 15, 2020 1:23 AM
May 2019
This episode finally got to the action but had too little action for my tastes. I have such mixed feelings!!!

Was super excited to see Hinata almost nail that *soundeffects* bam! jump, but then Daichi had to ruin it LOL

I love Nishinoya and can't wait to see how the next episode pans out with the changed/newly awakened Kageyama telling him he's "in the way" after his experience at the All-Japan!
Feb 15, 2020 3:36 AM
Dec 2016
I know that this season has started kind of slow in terms of action, but I love all the moments of personal growth as well as growth as a volleyball player Hinata has. For me, even though I don't find most of the deliberate gags that funny (like Hinata falling backwards from reciving Kageyama's serve) I did laugh out loud a lot during this episode because I like the characters and their interractions. It's been nice to see players who aren't in Karasuno in a practice enviroment, as it allows different parts of their personalities to shine through.

On a volleyball note: The fact that their spikes keep getting blocked is NOT Kageyama's fault. A setter can try to help spikers by not setting too close to the net, and trying to fool the blockers, but in the end it's up to the spikers. In this case, facing Date Tech, you have to expect a block as a spiker. Do something different!! Tip, shot, recyckle, wipe and going hard cross or (maybe) line should still be options. Do that instead of just hitting the ball straight into the block again and again. Yeah, it might occationally work to get a lucky hit in a small gap in the block, making the ball ricochet unpredicably, but that is not a reliable hit. That said, I feel like if Karasuno can get a really fast offence going (which they are capable of) then the blockers should have troubble keeping up. Especially against Hinata, we saw in the Shiratorizawa game that read-blocking does have trouble with really fast sets.
Feb 15, 2020 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
Excellent episode. I would like so much all the seasonal animes can have the same quality of animation. But I guess Haikyuu has better than average staff. :D

"Chemical Change" soundtrack when Hinata jumps (somewhat similar to Hoshiumi) was probably the best use possible

Kageyama seems a bit disconcerted seeing that the level of Karasuno is clearly not the same as the U19. I can't wait to watch the next episode and see what our "king" will decide to do to overcome the Dateko blocks.

Awww Nishinoya's rolling thunder <3
Feb 15, 2020 6:20 AM

May 2019
Damn, Kageyama might've overstepped his bounds a little, we'll see how that goes down

I like that Hinata's surprising everyone a little

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 15, 2020 9:05 AM

Dec 2016
Nishinoya is not amused by Kageyama's comment at the end! XD

Some things never change and one is, without a doubt, Kageyama and Hinata's fighting each other.

Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 15, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Tsukizono said:
HotPocketChris said:

At the All-Japan camp, a coach noted that the Itachiyama Libero (Sakusa's teammate) was quick to move out of the spiker's run-up after a receive to let them spike. Kageyama noticed that Nishinoya was blocking Asahi's run-up.

This ^ Kageyama just sucks at communicating.

Maaaan, husband and I binged the end of S3, Land vs Sky and S4 1-6 last night /cry. Now I have to wait weekly, noooooo!! I thought the fight between Land vs Sky was going to be much longer, I really wish they would have fleshed that out so I could see more of Bokuto <3

Hinata sneaking in LOL.

Looking forward to seeing how they've improved =)
Feb 15, 2020 11:39 AM

Jul 2016
That lineup presentation was so unnecessarily flashy yet so cool at the same time xD Now I want every match to have this same sequence!

Great episode again but oh boy... Kageyama, what have you done? Nishinoya did his fantastic "Rolling Thunder" move yet you tell him he's in the way. Not cool, bro.
Feb 15, 2020 11:49 AM

Mar 2019
at 01:59 just before the OP, this was the best episode this season for me .. Kiyoko-chan is the actual MC of this Anime
Feb 15, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2020
This episode had a nice flow and I loved it! I was so hyped over the scene with kageyama and nishinoya. Since he‘s bad at communication the way he said it wasn‘t the best but Kageyama finally has enough courage to criticize his teammates. And he does that to help his team improve. Since he was so traumatized after his middle school experience he just tried to follow the others but he has finally gained back confidence to speak up his mind when he thinks it’s necessary. I think he did a huuuge character improvement here. Also Nishinoya is wild but he‘ll understand that he was in the way.

Actually I was surprised that Kageyama‘s „you‘re in the way“ came off far more friendlier than i had expected. In the Manga i had the impression that Kageyama would say it in a more pissed and arrogant way. But here it just came as a quick reminder to make space for Asahi (which is actually the case but still, in the manga it had a different impression to me but that was just me maybe)
Ocat1234Feb 15, 2020 12:44 PM
Feb 15, 2020 1:11 PM

Oct 2017
It's like every episode is too damn short.
Kageyama saying that so many talented people around is something to feel calm was a bit scaring and gave me goosebumps same time...
I really wonder wtf is he thinking at but then suddenly just seems he just pisses off with our lovely Nishinoya!
The same I love them all. You Kageyama inclused!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 15, 2020 3:29 PM
Apr 2018
Nah, this match can't be harder that Shiratorizawa's.

I assumed Kageyama would be a bit less motivated after re joining Karasuno since he wouldn't be surrounded but top-level players anymore.

Lol, poor Nishinoya, he doesn't have the context for what Kageyama said.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

73 by Cammell »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.